What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Punk/ Hardcore Music Thread (1 Viewer)

CGRdrJoe said:
Yeah, I hadn’t seen it before. It centers on the Cukoos Nest, I was 6 when that place closed but I’d hear stories about it all the time from my uncle and his best friend (basically my uncle as well). Watching it I had a feeling they’d touch on what happened with his friend there but to see actual footage of a young pat brown had me tear up, sent it to my uncle who rightfully shed some tears to seeing his best friend look young and alive. Rip uncle Pat 
For your uncle, GB

Sitting in Five Guys, and what comes on their sound system? The Sex Pistols. I was stunned. I've never heard SP played in a public area/restaurant. They played Anarchy in the UK. Kind of 'mainstream' for them, but still had me geeking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting in Five Guys, and what comes on their sound system? The Sex Pistols. I was stunned. I've never heard SP played in a public area/restaurant. They played Anarchy in the UK. Kind of 'mainstream' for them, but still had me geeking out.
Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols is still a monster record for me. I think I like it more as the years go on.

Which is a relatively uncontroversial position for such a damn controversial band in almost every way. They're still pretty radical, they've just been sort of adopted into the dialectic ether that is culture somehow.

Maybe it was press for the new series coming out. 

New albums for both the Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys are out. Expectations aren't too high for me compared to older albums, but I'll still buy them. Not like my money has been going to tickets...

New albums for both the Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys are out. Expectations aren't too high for me compared to older albums, but I'll still buy them. Not like my money has been going to tickets...
I bought two tickets to see H2O in October. Not sure I’ll go but I’m supporting them   
Kind of bummed I missed the epic Madball show but I wasn’t ready for a show a few weeks ago. Probably still not ready now. 

I bought two tickets to see H2O in October. Not sure I’ll go but I’m supporting them   
Kind of bummed I missed the epic Madball show but I wasn’t ready for a show a few weeks ago. Probably still not ready now. 
That sounds like a thousand droplets of aerosol sweat per inch of body mass.

Had multiple songs from each of these albums show up in my RELEASE RADAR on Spotify. Enjoyed both a lot. I was super into MMB in the early to mid 90s, then kinda lost track of them. They've put out some really good music since then. One of the new tunes from this album is The Final Parade, featuring Tim Armstrong and Amy Interruptor. Very solid.

And you pretty much can't go wrong with Dropkick.

Heartening to see this thread active again, it's been a while!

2 good podcasts that I have been listening to since the start of this year (when I got an iPhone with the podcast app)

one life one chance with Toby Morse from H2O

where it went podcast where they are breaking down the Revelation records discography. The funny thing is that in the intro episode they said they didn’t know if they would ever have guests on but they were going to try. First two episodes it’s just them. Then every release after have been grade A guests. anyone you can think of from that era. Ray and Porcell. Jordan Cooper. Arthur and Luke. Sammy Sieglar and Mike Judge. Popeye, Vogelsang, Richie Underdog, Walter Schriefels. You get the point. 

Was the Madball show the outdoor one in NY? Looked crazy... and yeah, I wouldn't have done that at that point in time either. 

It's time. Going to my my first show since Fall 2019.

Bouncing Souls, Sick of it All, H2O.

Early July in Boston. 
I saw that. Thought about it but decided to pass. Not like its around the corner for me though

I do have tickets for H2O in October. 

I saw that. Thought about it but decided to pass. Not like its around the corner for me though

I do have tickets for H2O in October. 
I'm very curious who the special guests will be. Could be someone like Bane for a few songs, Snapshot, etc. 

Yeah, so the special guest was indeed Bane. It was a super emotional set for them and I think for for most in attendance as well. Between remembering Stu, pretty much everyone's first show (bands and crowd) in 1.5 years, it was just something else. H2O, Sick of it All, and  the Bouncing Souls were all great. Lots of peeps there. Joe Gittleman from the Bosstones did a song with the Bouncing Souls. Pat Flynn from Have Heart did a song with Bane.

Also, I'm old. Haven't stood that long in forever. Ha!

Sick stuff from Turnstile. Jaysus and Eephus and some stupid bird were all over them in the year-end thread and I remember listening to them in 2016, but their last two are nothing like their traditional hardcore.

Anyway, this is directed by a guy that directs skate videos. They've gotten wicked creative in their arrangements. The breakdown at the end of the song and its ultimate abrupt ending is as cerebral a approach to hardcore as one will hear. Heady as ####. That's deconstruction of form into something new and great. Makes me long for even hardcore's degenerate moments. What I mean to say is that instead of putting the slow breakdown in the middle of the song and then speeding back up after, they put it at the end and end it abruptly. Well done. 

I skipped it to the good part. Disco/Time + Space

All Ramones All The Time.

####in' A Right Righteous!

The kids have this right. Holy smoke.

I’ve heard some good new music on faction lately. I’m able to listen again bc I got an Amazon echo auto for Christmas. New songs by Ignite (no Zoli), Face to Face, Descendants and some Canadien band called Nobro that is catchy as hell. 

https://youtu.be/8GZ9PKPlKrA

I’ve heard some good new music on faction lately. I’m able to listen again bc I got an Amazon echo auto for Christmas. New songs by Ignite (no Zoli), Face to Face, Descendants and some Canadien band called Nobro that is catchy as hell. 

https://youtu.be/8GZ9PKPlKrA
Been loving that Nobro song every time it comes on.  The Descendents song is off their last album that is a bunch of old pre-Milo songs they recorded during the pandemic. Not my favorite of their recent work but I'll take any Descendents I can get.

Friends bought me a ticket for a June show to see Avail, Frank Turner, and the Bronx. Avail has been one of my favorite bands to see live. Need to brush up on the Frank Turner stuff.

Sick stuff from Turnstile. Jaysus and Eephus and some stupid bird were all over them in the year-end thread and I remember listening to them in 2016, but their last two are nothing like their traditional hardcore.

Anyway, this is directed by a guy that directs skate videos. They've gotten wicked creative in their arrangements. The breakdown at the end of the song and its ultimate abrupt ending is as cerebral a approach to hardcore as one will hear. Heady as ####. That's deconstruction of form into something new and great. Makes me long for even hardcore's degenerate moments. What I mean to say is that instead of putting the slow breakdown in the middle of the song and then speeding back up after, they put it at the end and end it abruptly. Well done. 

I skipped it to the good part. Disco/Time + Space

All Ramones All The Time.

####in' A Right Righteous!

The kids have this right. Holy smoke.
Really digging these dudes as of late. Their energy and creativity are off the hook. They have something special going on. Might be the first touring band I'd make an effort to see in quite a while. 

H20 and Madball.  What year am I in?

Really digging these dudes as of late. Their energy and creativity are off the hook. They have something special going on. Might be the first touring band I'd make an effort to see in quite a while. 
Yeah, that was back in August. Just had my car detailed, having Turnstile's "MYSTERY" pumping out of it, going to the grocery store. Yeah, it was an August. 

Bob vylan is a great modern day punk artist

kind of remarkable what Spotify (and others) call punk these days.  A mix of emo/SoundCloud/indie stuff.  Not saying it’s wrong, just baffling to me at this point

*****Alert******
I thought it would be fun to go out to Cali and see the first two Pennywise shows where they play their first two albums in its entirety. First night is with TSOL and second night with H2O. 
Well, I’m not able to make it out there since my son has hockey playoffs. 

Does anyone here want the tickets. I would rather them get used than sitting in my email inbox. Shows are Friday and Saturday this week at 6pm in Orange County. 

Let me know if you want them. 1 ticket to each night. 

That's generous, @AcerFC, and I would take them, but I'm not going to shows yet. I have diabetes and all that good immuno stuff going on. I live out here now, too, so I'd be able to go if I drove an hour and a half or so, but I think it's a no go. But weren't there other dudes here who lived in SoCal?

Sebowski was down San Diego way and I was supposed to meet up with him someday, but he sort of left the board. Bummer. Miss that dude. 

That's generous, @AcerFC, and I would take them, but I'm not going to shows yet. I have diabetes and all that good immuno stuff going on. I live out here now, too, so I'd be able to go if I drove an hour and a half or so, but I think it's a no go. But weren't there other dudes here who lived in SoCal?

Sebowski was down San Diego way and I was supposed to meet up with him someday, but he sort of left the board. Bummer. Miss that dude. 
It’s at an outdoor amphitheater if that changes your mind 

It’s at an outdoor amphitheater if that changes your mind 
No, man, it doesn't. Thanks for the offer, though. I'm seriously vaccinated, boosted, and masking in places where it isn't mandated. People think I'm unvaxxed or something. An amphitheater show sounds awesome, actually, but I'm not going to make it. I'm risk-averse still. 

Users who are viewing this thread