What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (3 Viewers)

Biggest surprise or me last week was the Saints at home in dome for the first time this season laying such an egg Vs the GMen. I was able to land them off the wire last week, but don’t think I can trust them this week vs Washington. Tempted to throw them back for another stash like LAC.

I still have Pitt, who looks like a great matchup this week if Lock gets the call. They showed much better than I expected Vs GB so maybe they are on the rise. If somebody dropped them I would scoop them back up for this week at least.

Hello, I am Church of Iggy Pop, and I have a Defense Streaming problem.   :bag:

Despite holding the Bills and Rams, their terrible Week 5 matchups ( @KC and @SEA ) led me to grab the Vikings for a one-week play targeting Goff.  I'm no film grinder, but even in a NFL Game Pass condensed replay, I could see Goff was very inaccurate, and showed questionable pocket presence last week in Chicago.

I'm currently holding three Ds on a 16-man roster.  :loco:  
I have trouble letting go and trusting the waiver wire. 

The Plan:  ™️

Week  5:  Vikings vs Lions
Week  6:  Bills at Titans
Week  7:  Rams vs Lions ( Welcome back, Goff )
Week  8:  Rams at Texans or Bills vs Dolphins
Week  9:  Bills vs Jaguars
Week 10: Bills at Jets

Last edited by a moderator:
And Montgomery looks to be out.  Looking at Raiders to stream this week.
Had and just dropped for Dallas. They have a good pass rush but look to possibly have 2 of 3 cornerbacks out and despite looking good haven't acted well in fantasy.

Dallas knows Jones and the Giants and are getting sacks and turnovers and are at home.

Missed getting New England back. Got Baltimore. I think I’m okay with it. Their schedule ahead actually looks pretty nice. Although the week 8 bye might be tricked to circumvent.

Is the Jets D gonna gel and be the Washington of 2021? They have the coaching and seem to be improving every week. I grabbed them off the wire as my final claim option and feel vaguely bullish about them. This week vs ATL could be interesting. Not sure if I can start them over NO vs. WAS, but if they play well I am putting them in rotation.

Missed getting New England back. Got Baltimore. I think I’m okay with it. Their schedule ahead actually looks pretty nice. Although the week 8 bye might be tricked to circumvent.
Missed them in one league...got them back in another.

Went with Dallas for this week.

Had choice of NE or Baltimore, went Baltimore. Feels like a toss-up but Balt getting into more of a groove on Offense could lead to other teams needing to risk it. NE has played some bad teams, and that week against the Jets seemed to skew numbers.

Had choice of NE or Baltimore, went Baltimore. Feels like a toss-up but Balt getting into more of a groove on Offense could lead to other teams needing to risk it. NE has played some bad teams, and that week against the Jets seemed to skew numbers.
Mills is pretty bad though. 

NE played bad teams and will play an even worse team this week.
Balt facing Indy who can't protect Wentz (next to last in the league) so I could see some sacks from Baltimore. Balt facing SD the following week.

NE facing Dallas matchup next week.

Raiders facing Chicago, Denver then Philly

Thoughts?

I wouldve chose NE 10 times out of 10. NE is facing 3rd round rookie Davis Mills who looked pathetic against BUF. Imagine what Bill Belichek does to him.

Balt facing Indy who can't protect Wentz (next to last in the league) so I could see some sacks from Baltimore. Balt facing SD the following week.

NE facing Dallas matchup next week.

Raiders facing Chicago, Denver then Philly

Thoughts?

I don't like Balt against SD or NE against Dallas. So those are a wash for me. I would rather have NE against Texans than Balt vs Colts for this week however then look for WW opportunities with a new defense next week.

I like the Raiders this week as well but not as much as NE and it could possibly work out for the next 3 weeks because those teams make some mistakes. Raiders get after the QB which is always good and had some good stops in the 2nd half last week. Really depends what Raiders defense shows up. 

This is my thought as well.  I started with NE, but considering dropping after this week vs HOU.  Gilmore was a presence in the secondary.  

Wasn't Gilmore on IR/PUP the entire year? He is just now returning. 

Will be interesting to see how Gilmore affects things going forward.
Gilmore has to be pretty  much a lock to sign in Tampa at this point right? They need him and he can get another ring. And Tom gets another one over Hoody. Only issue I can see if he wants to go to the highest bidder, somebody can probably pay more.

Is the Jets D gonna gel and be the Washington of 2021? They have the coaching and seem to be improving every week. I grabbed them off the wire as my final claim option and feel vaguely bullish about them. This week vs ATL could be interesting. Not sure if I can start them over NO vs. WAS, but if they play well I am putting them in rotation.
As someone who was able to snag NO off the wire last week to pair with a underwhelming Pitt, I would have some serious hesitation starting them this week. The fact that they got rolled at home by Danny Dimes is a huge red flag for me. As a Skins/WFT fan I can attest to the fact that while the Skins D is awful, Heinicke has been commanding the offense very well. I'm personally rolling with Pitt over NO (Lock or no Lock) and debating throwing NO back for a forward looking streamer. 

As someone who was able to snag NO off the wire last week to pair with a underwhelming Pitt, I would have some serious hesitation starting them this week. The fact that they got rolled at home by Danny Dimes is a huge red flag for me. As a Skins/WFT fan I can attest to the fact that while the Skins D is awful, Heinicke has been commanding the offense very well. I'm personally rolling with Pitt over NO (Lock or no Lock) and debating throwing NO back for a forward looking streamer. 
Yeah I'm not crazy enthusiastic about starting NO ....

Snagged NE off waivers. Overpaid but I’m fine with it. Really need a win. Also snagged colts defense as they pair really well with NE schedule. 

week 5: NE vs Hou

week 6: IND vs Hou

week 7: NE vs jets

week 8: IND vs Ten

week 9: IND vs jets

week 10: IND vs jax

week 11: NE vs Atl

week 12: NE vs Ten

Yea, I held Panthers after getting Cowboys for week 4, but now guess I need to hold both?(this news of Gilmore gives me pause and I already dropped and regrabbed Panthers once already when I caught on they are good) these D's seem to compliment each others schedules too a bit.

Wk5 NYG(Cowboys)

Wk6 @NE(Cowboys)

Wk7 @NYG(Panthers)

Wk8 @ATL(Panthers)

Wk9 NE(Panthers)

Wk10 @ATL(Cowboys)

Wk11 WAS(Panthers)

Wk12 @MIA(Panthers)

Wk13 @NO(Cowboys)

Wk14 ATL or Was(Both?)

WK15 @NYG (Cowboys)

W16 WAS(Cowboys )

Wk17 @NO(Panthers)

Streaming D might be over for me think?

Snagged NE off waivers. Overpaid but I’m fine with it. Really need a win. Also snagged colts defense as they pair really well with NE schedule. 

week 5: NE vs Hou

week 6: IND vs Hou

week 7: NE vs jets

week 8: IND vs Ten

week 9: IND vs jets

week 10: IND vs jax

week 11: NE vs Atl

week 12: NE vs Ten
Yeah...had both.  Sort of playing a little roulette that I may be able to get Indy back again.  Just roster spots at a premium at the moment.

Which of these 3 defenses on the waiver wire would you prioritize? Maybe list them in order as I will need to prioritize them when I submit my waiver request.

* NE

* TB

* Dallas

thank you all!

Which of these 3 defenses on the waiver wire would you prioritize? Maybe list them in order as I will need to prioritize them when I submit my waiver request.

* NE

* TB

* Dallas

thank you all!

If you need a win this week, I would say NE.  I can see them shutting out the Texans like the bills did last week.  Most all sites have them as the consensus #1 D this week.

If you need a win this week, I would say NE.  I can see them shutting out the Texans like the bills did last week.  Most all sites have them as the consensus #1 D this week.
Looking at Rest of Season, but could use a win this week too.

Bids in for NEP & Dallas....  I will take either this week!  

Normally don't ask the question for my own league in here, but I'm desperate for a win. Picked up TEN last week who burned me. the below DST's are available. Which would you roll with this week/ ROS (this league has a transaction cost... and I tend to have my tab add up):

• MIN v. DET
  • DAL v. NYG
  • LAC @ CLE 
  •  
Was about to snag CAR, but literally seconds before i could add someone else beat me to the punch. 

Normally don't ask the question for my own league in here, but I'm desperate for a win. Picked up TEN last week who burned me. the below DST's are available. Which would you roll with this week/ ROS (this league has a transaction cost... and I tend to have my tab add up):

• MIN v. DET
  • DAL v. NYG
  • LAC @ CLE 
  •  
Was about to snag CAR, but literally seconds before i could add someone else beat me to the punch. 
Dallas hands down! ROS also!

Anyone eyeballing Miami?

This week a no go against TB, but after this week Miami faces JAX, ATL, (@BUF...no), HOU.

Can't imagine it gets worse for Miami. Tua will be back in week 6 and maybe they get some things sorted out.

Could make for a decent pairing. And the price is low (free).

They make a good pairing with Denver if you look at their schedules. I guess it depends on if you think the Broncos are still decent after their showing vs Ravens

They make a good pairing with Denver if you look at their schedules. I guess it depends on if you think the Broncos are still decent after their showing vs Ravens

That's a good call.

Already holding Denver as well. Figured I'd roll with them against immobile Big Ben this week, but after that, trouble. Miami would fit right in.

I still can't take my eyes of the LAC D. They may be the best overall D in the league right now at all levels. Weeks 16 and 17 -- @HOU, DEN. That combo could help win some championships.

Someone dropped Carolina and they come off waivers Saturday night. Wondering how much to bid on them because I can't be the only one that saw it. 

I don't like Balt against SD or NE against Dallas. So those are a wash for me. I would rather have NE against Texans than Balt vs Colts for this week however then look for WW opportunities with a new defense next week.

I like the Raiders this week as well but not as much as NE and it could possibly work out for the next 3 weeks because those teams make some mistakes. Raiders get after the QB which is always good and had some good stops in the 2nd half last week. Really depends what Raiders defense shows up. 
Raiders might be out 2 db this week

Anyone eyeballing Miami?

This week a no go against TB, but after this week Miami faces JAX, ATL, (@BUF...no), HOU.

Can't imagine it gets worse for Miami. Tua will be back in week 6 and maybe they get some things sorted out.

Could make for a decent pairing. And the price is low (free).
I plan to grab them after this week vs KC and determine who to keep from Dallas, Denver & Miami

All have some good matchups, but 3 roster spots - 🥴 

Team is a rebuild and was so bad, I have the space currently ....but that will change! 

Have Panthers, but with the Lions being down possibly 2 olineman and Hock not being 100% at the very least I’m kind of have my eyes on the Vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread