What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFT Anonymous Group - Where we frivolously spend crypto gains on digital animal cartoons. (1 Viewer)

Is anybody here familiar with the Damien Hirst NFT sales?  Link.  I bought one of these (lottery winner) and now I can't figure out how to get the NFT into my MetaMask wallet (or even if that's where it's supposed to be).  I'd be grateful for any help on ensuring that my NFT is safe and in my wallet, and also curious as to what people think will happen with the Hirst experiment.

If you don't want to read the article - Hirst is a famous artist who created 10k unique pieces of physical art and an accompanying NFT for each piece.  He sold the rights to the art piece or the matching NFT for $2k each.  But after 1 year, you must choose to either keep the physical art (and lose the NFT), or keep the NFT (in which case the physical art will be destroyed).  He wants to see where the art world believes the value lies - in physical art or NFTs.

We're in a couple Solana projects that have a royalty component (just got our 1st royalty on SOL Tigers last week). Now people are freaking out because of the FUD regarding how these might be treated by the government/SEC. Platforms like DigitalEyes and Solanart (where our projects were listed) are now delisting royalty projects. Any of the smart people here have a non-panicky take on this?
I think it's a legitimate concern and these projects have to be really careful about how they distribute value to holders.  This video does a good job of covering the topic.  

Is anybody here familiar with the Damien Hirst NFT sales?  Link.  I bought one of these (lottery winner) and now I can't figure out how to get the NFT into my MetaMask wallet (or even if that's where it's supposed to be).  I'd be grateful for any help on ensuring that my NFT is safe and in my wallet, and also curious as to what people think will happen with the Hirst experiment.

If you don't want to read the article - Hirst is a famous artist who created 10k unique pieces of physical art and an accompanying NFT for each piece.  He sold the rights to the art piece or the matching NFT for $2k each.  But after 1 year, you must choose to either keep the physical art (and lose the NFT), or keep the NFT (in which case the physical art will be destroyed).  He wants to see where the art world believes the value lies - in physical art or NFTs.
Is this the collection?  Damien Hirst

You should be able to connect your metamask wallet to Opensea and see it in your profile.

Kinda random, but how do I learn how to sell my own NFTs?  Is there a guide or marketplace I can follow?  

I used to work as a graphic artist and have some fun characters I’ve made over the years.  Would love to see where it goes. 

Kinda random, but how do I learn how to sell my own NFTs?  Is there a guide or marketplace I can follow?  

I used to work as a graphic artist and have some fun characters I’ve made over the years.  Would love to see where it goes. 
I think opensea.io has some guides. 

One said:

I'd head over to Youtube.  I'm sure there are several good walkthroughs.

You know you're a true degen when you FOMO into projects you're already in.  Just pushed another $50K into Neo Tokyo for a second id.  smh.  

Okay I am going to dive into this.  I want to start smallish so probably SOL so I don't get eaten up by gas fees.

Is solsea basically the opensea of SOL?  Like that's where most people on the SOL network are buying/selling or is there a more popular marketplace?

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeBaGeL said:
Okay I am going to dive into this.  I want to start smallish so probably SOL so I don't get eaten up by gas fees.

Is solsea basically the opensea of SOL?  Like that's where most people on the SOL network are buying/selling or is there a more popular marketplace?
There's four that I know of.  Digital Eyes  Solanart  Magic Eden and Solsea.  I don't transact enough on SOL to know which is best although I've heard Magic Eden has the best interface.

ETA - Immutable X has low gas fees too other than the initial cost of transferring ETH over to that chain.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay on a scale of 1 to Jenna Jameson how screwed am I here in possibly getting scammed.

I joined bitcoin billionaires Discord.  Being new to Discord I didn't realize one of the columns on the left was for Direct Messages, not Channels.  So I opened a DM thinking it was one of the channels for Bitcoin Billionaires and there was a link in there to mint the billionaire at billionaire.io.  The official website is plural with billionaires.io.  The scam website I clicked was a copy of the official one just with a link to mint.

Luckily I noticed it BEFORE I minted one.  But I did connect my metamask wallet to the site.  I immediately disconnected when I realized it.  Is there anything they can do with me just connecting my wallet to the scam site?  Or would I have had to actually buy something to get scammed here?

Should I liquidate and close the wallet and create a new one?  I do have an active Hex stake running if that matters.

Okay on a scale of 1 to Jenna Jameson how screwed am I here in possibly getting scammed.

I joined bitcoin billionaires Discord.  Being new to Discord I didn't realize one of the columns on the left was for Direct Messages, not Channels.  So I opened a DM thinking it was one of the channels for Bitcoin Billionaires and there was a link in there to mint the billionaire at billionaire.io.  The official website is plural with billionaires.io.  The scam website I clicked was a copy of the official one just with a link to mint.

Luckily I noticed it BEFORE I minted one.  But I did connect my metamask wallet to the site.  I immediately disconnected when I realized it.  Is there anything they can do with me just connecting my wallet to the scam site?  Or would I have had to actually buy something to get scammed here?

Should I liquidate and close the wallet and create a new one?  I do have an active Hex stake running if that matters.
I'm not really sure but make sure you go into metamask and click connected sites to see if you are still connected to that site. When the wallet is open click those 3 dots in the upper left and it should say "connected sites" fourth from the top. Also, make sure you lock your metamask when not in use. Change the setting to auto lock the metamask at a certain point after opening (I do one minute).

Throw your public address in this site and see what permissions you've allowed.  Delete anything you don't recognize.

I went in on Cryptozombiez and minted a bunch (disclaimer: I'm a top 10 owner).  So far up pretty nicely, but I really like the mechanisms coming up for breeding more zombies, and for staking your zombies to generate $Flesh.  Also like the DAO aspect and the fact that we're already invested in a crapton of kaiju.  We'll see where this goes, but staking begins on Halloween, and it could get interesting.  TO THE MOON

I went in on Cryptozombiez and minted a bunch (disclaimer: I'm a top 10 owner).  So far up pretty nicely, but I really like the mechanisms coming up for breeding more zombies, and for staking your zombies to generate $Flesh.  Also like the DAO aspect and the fact that we're already invested in a crapton of kaiju.  We'll see where this goes, but staking begins on Halloween, and it could get interesting.  TO THE MOON

What do you do with the $Flesh rewards you get?

I GOT 2 MEKAVERSE!!!!! REPEAT, I GOT 2 MEKAVERSE!!!!

I just did my first mint on a project I'd been following for a bit (Bitcoin Billionaires) and I'm trying to learn what to look for.  With that said what was minting day like on these Meka's and the lead up to it?  Were you expecting them to have that high of a floor right  after minting?  Did they immediately sell out on mint day?

I ask because it seems like there has been a ton of demand for Bitcoin Billionaires leading up to mint day, discord has been growing organically to big numbers, etc.  But we're about 45 minutes after public minting opened up and I'm surprised there are still seemingly plenty available.  I can go mint 10 more right now if I want to.

Just trying to figure out if that's typical or if the ones that blow up sell out right away.  There are 13,337 available which I guess is a lot compared to most.

I just did my first mint on a project I'd been following for a bit (Bitcoin Billionaires) and I'm trying to learn what to look for.  With that said what was minting day like on these Meka's and the lead up to it?  Were you expecting them to have that high of a floor right  after minting?  Did they immediately sell out on mint day?

I ask because it seems like there has been a ton of demand for Bitcoin Billionaires leading up to mint day, discord has been growing organically to big numbers, etc.  But we're about 45 minutes after public minting opened up and I'm surprised there are still seemingly plenty available.  I can go mint 10 more right now if I want to.

Just trying to figure out if that's typical or if the ones that blow up sell out right away.  There are 13,337 available which I guess is a lot compared to most.
MekaVerse was different than mos for the mint. They did a raffle instead because demand was so high and they wanted to avoid gas wars. You had like a 1.5% chance of winning the raffle and I did which is why I was freaking out. There was a 5 day period between the raffle/mint and the reveal and during that time they got all the way up to 8.7 ETH. After the reveal they dropped a bunch which was to be expected. Usually every NFT has the same pattern of hype right around mint driving the price up followed by a drop. Need to wait a month or so to get an idea of the true floor price.

All NFT's are way down right now because ETH is so high and gas prices are absurd. If ETH comes back down there will be more activity.

As far as the number of discord and twitter followers always make sure that those people are real. Sometimes these NFT's buy followers in order to look like there's a high demand. A better indicator of interest is how many people are engaging with their tweets. if they have 20k followers but when they tweet they get only a few likes you know something is off. Also, make sure you know who the devs are and what they've done in the past. If the devs are not doxxed it's an easy pass.

MekaVerse was different than mos for the mint. They did a raffle instead because demand was so high and they wanted to avoid gas wars. You had like a 1.5% chance of winning the raffle and I did which is why I was freaking out. There was a 5 day period between the raffle/mint and the reveal and during that time they got all the way up to 8.7 ETH. After the reveal they dropped a bunch which was to be expected. Usually every NFT has the same pattern of hype right around mint driving the price up followed by a drop. Need to wait a month or so to get an idea of the true floor price.

All NFT's are way down right now because ETH is so high and gas prices are absurd. If ETH comes back down there will be more activity.

As far as the number of discord and twitter followers always make sure that those people are real. Sometimes these NFT's buy followers in order to look like there's a high demand. A better indicator of interest is how many people are engaging with their tweets. if they have 20k followers but when they tweet they get only a few likes you know something is off. Also, make sure you know who the devs are and what they've done in the past. If the devs are not doxxed it's an easy pass.

Thanks, that is all great info.

Yea on the last sentence the devs is one of the reasons I decided to start with this one.  Devs previously created a semi-popular mobile game with 10m downloads on android/ios.  Holding one of these NFTs gets you some perks in the game and in their next game currently in development you'll be able to earn ETH/NFTs but only if you hold one of these NFTs.

Seems like a legit dev, I was just surprised they didn't sell out quickly given what seems like a lot of activity on their discord/twitter and wasn't sure if that was normal.  In fact it's now been 1.5 hrs since minting went live and they still aren't sold out.

Thanks, that is all great info.

Yea on the last sentence the devs is one of the reasons I decided to start with this one.  Devs previously created a semi-popular mobile game with 10m downloads on android/ios.  Holding one of these NFTs gets you some perks in the game and in their next game currently in development you'll be able to earn ETH/NFTs but only if you hold one of these NFTs.

Seems like a legit dev, I was just surprised they didn't sell out quickly given what seems like a lot of activity on their discord/twitter and wasn't sure if that was normal.  In fact it's now been 1.5 hrs since minting went live and they still aren't sold out.
How much is the mint price and how high is gas right now?

Regarding Neo Tokyo, it has now become a high rollers project with floor value of approximately 25 ETH ($110,000).  That said, if you can afford to get in, I think the future return opportunities are through the roof.  It will effectively function as a decentralized VC capital firm in the crypto gaming space with insider whitelist access for projects that we're able to launch.  

Our 1st was a project on ethereum (Colony). Seemed more complicated than I'd like and you really had to try to time things to pay as little as possible for gas.

2nd was on Solana (SOL Tigers). Easier process and fees are in the range where you barely care.

I like both projects but view these as long term not buy and flip.
Just thought I'd share an update on the Colony project. This is a game 1st, with NFT game characters. The game probably won't be out until the summer but progress is being made. 1st look at a character walking. I like it.

https://twitter.com/PlayColony/status/1458122638006505475?t=4DPadC-uzpUM4iWGYkQDWw&s=19 

So it's basically a bear animation with 2003 caliber graphics? What's it running, $50,000?
To answer your questions. I dunno. I'm pleased that the project is still live and viable. I'm staying in until the the game is released. I prefer something like this over the pixelated cartoon character stills that make up a large part of the NFT marketplace. 

To answer your questions. I dunno. I'm pleased that the project is still live and viable. I'm staying in until the the game is released. I prefer something like this over the pixelated cartoon character stills that make up a large part of the NFT marketplace. 
You're making the right move by getting something with a use-case, especially gaming related.  Any idea what kind of gameplay it will have?

What do you do with the $Flesh rewards you get?

Basically, you can stake your zombies (like putting them in a vault and collecting interest in them), and that generates $Flesh.  Which are utility tokens that you can use for various features -- including breeding more zombiez.  $Flesh can also be sold on that sushiswap exchange.  I also packaged up my $Flesh into liquidity pool tokens and staked those, generating even more $Flesh.  Cryptozombiez is a pretty awesome project.  Almost 70% of zombiez are already staked and off the market; only like 250 are even available on the secondary market on OpenSea.  Breeding is going to be open soon; other utilities.  We're backed by like 20 Kaijus in the DAO.  The DAO is also now voting on buying some LAND in Sandbox as the zombiez home there.  I think supply shock and FOMO will hit hard soon, once the secondary market dries up further and some more announcements are made. I'm in heavy, and bullish. 

Selling off the app, then transferring, I assume since that's the only way to "cash out" right now? If so, what platform did he broker the deal? 
I have no idea.  He got in very early days as I understand it, may even have been involved with the guys who started the platform.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Basically, you can stake your zombies (like putting them in a vault and collecting interest in them), and that generates $Flesh.  Which are utility tokens that you can use for various features -- including breeding more zombiez.  $Flesh can also be sold on that sushiswap exchange.  I also packaged up my $Flesh into liquidity pool tokens and staked those, generating even more $Flesh.  Cryptozombiez is a pretty awesome project.  Almost 70% of zombiez are already staked and off the market; only like 250 are even available on the secondary market on OpenSea.  Breeding is going to be open soon; other utilities.  We're backed by like 20 Kaijus in the DAO.  The DAO is also now voting on buying some LAND in Sandbox as the zombiez home there.  I think supply shock and FOMO will hit hard soon, once the secondary market dries up further and some more announcements are made. I'm in heavy, and bullish. 

Late 2000s Otis would kick your own ### for this post. :nerd:   :D  

Look at you getting deep in this stuff. 

The team here is expecting good NFT schtick. Don't let us down.

What’s up with today’s Gretzky mystery box on Draftkings?

The last thing I bought there I couldn’t even sell for a 50% profit …

I've stopped buying new stuff for the time being.  Some of the projects I'm in are launchpads for other projects that I may get into, but otherwise I'm content riding what I have. 

Users who are viewing this thread