What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Favorite shows watched in 2022 (some are from 2021 but watched in 2022):

Move to Heaven (Netflix)

Barry (HBO)

The Bear (Hulu)

Stranger Things 4 (Netflix) 

Winning Time (HBO)

Iron Chef (Netflix) 

Aggrestsuko Season 4 (Netflix) 

Undone season 2 (Prime)

The center of gravity in the story is about a beloved person’s passing so probably not actually. 

Oh yeah, that could be rough.  Thanks for the warning.  Will save that one for later.

If only "The Challenge" could start a few days earlier!

Yea probably better to wait. But make sure you come back to it. 

Hope you’re doing well. :)

Love on the Spectrum, IMO.

Aussie or US version.

I missed these last night.  Thank you both!  Mr. krista ended up putting on a bunch of episodes of I Think You Should Leave.  I'm not sure if I'd always love them as much as I did, but in my current mental state they were exactly what I needed, as I spent most of the time doubled over in laughter.  :)  

I missed these last night.  Thank you both!  Mr. krista ended up putting on a bunch of episodes of I Think You Should Leave.  I'm not sure if I'd always love them as much as I did, but in my current mental state they were exactly what I needed, as I spent most of the time doubled over in laughter.  :)  

I mean, come onThis is ####### brilliant.

We really enjoyed four or so episodes.  I kinda want you to finish so I have someone else to laugh about this with, but really it's just awful.

I finished this weekend. It seems like there was a good show in there. A True Detective type show with a Mormon detective having a crisis of faith. 

But that's not what the show was. It went WAY off the rails with all the mormon stuff. The constant reenactments of the 1800s stuff. Wyatt Russell's silly performance. It was just kind of nuts in a lot of places.

Two episodes into Apple Tv's Foundation...not really feeling it so far.

I'm beginning to think that all things Apple come out kind of self-important and cult-y.

krista4 said:
I've had this on my mental list.  Need something "easy" to distract and deafen my sorrow over wikkid's passing.  Would this one qualify?
Distract and deafen? Hop on the RRR train and get lost for 3 hours.

8 out of 10 love it, including me!

belljr said:
It's the reason deadwood ended.....
Depends on who you listen too. I've also heard HBO wouldn't continue the series unless the budget was drastically reduced, and Milch wouldn't budge, so it got cancelled - then he moved on to that other show.

I'm watching John Adams (HBO Max). Pretty good. I'd only seen a couple of episodes when it originally came out. Feels like they're taking some liberties (ha ha) with the portrayal of the characters, but even with that (assumed) lens, I like that it's of that time without being all about George Washington. Funny to see Stannis as Thomas Jefferson. They really went all out with Giamatti's teeth in terms of depicting oral "hygiene" in that era.

Last edited by a moderator:
And btw...after years of my comparing my kids to them when they hang out together (which is still a fair bit), floppinha watched the original Beavis and Butthead movie and flipping loved it. 

Anyone watching Physical on Apple? Pretty good. It's odd in a fascinating way. Lot of really good actors in this one.

Fairly mindless, if you're looking for that sort of thing @krista4

Just started Watching The Umbrella Academy and love it. Tom Hopper who was Billy Bones in Black Sails plays one of the main characters. Really good comic book super here series. It's serious but also has some good comedy. Kept meaning to watch this last year but the 3rd season just came out in June so I figured I'd binge watch all 3 right now. Slow start initial episode or 2 but it really kicks off after that. Really good character build and each episode you learn a little about each of the kids and their history. 

I highly recommend for anyone who's marveled out at this point and wants to see something more fresh in the Super hero category. This isn't a show your kids should watch though. Adult themes and NSFW language for those who don't want their kids seeing that stuff fair warning. I think HS and above though is good for this show 

Anyone watching Physical on Apple? Pretty good. It's odd in a fascinating way. Lot of really good actors in this one.

Fairly mindless, if you're looking for that sort of thing @krista4

Thank you!  Will look at this one.

Anyone mention Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)? Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez, solving a mystery, podcast style.  A classic, entertaining whodunit.

Loved the first season!  Just loved it.  But I'm a huge Steve Martin fan, and Martin Short was absolutely brilliant.  Not watching the new season yet since, other than Better Call Saul, I won't watch a show until it's over.

Thank you!  Will look at this one.

Loved the first season!  Just loved it.  But I'm a huge Steve Martin fan, and Martin Short was absolutely brilliant.  Not watching the new season yet since, other than Better Call Saul, I won't watch a show until it's over.
I've always like Short, of course, but he really is great in this. There's a certain subtlety to his humor in this one. Every second he's on the screen is fantastic.

Just finished the first season of Severance. I think I had been conditioned by all of the workplace satires in recent years ("Office Space", "The Office", various Max Barry novels) to expect something lighter, whereas this is pretty dark and weird. But by the time I got to the finale, the payoff was worth it. Really great, tense hour of TV that had me invested in the characters and their storylines

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times already, but another shout-out to The Old Man on FX.  I mean, it's like watching a larger-budget movie production every week.  Well-written, shot, acted, and is a great slow-burn.  Highly recommended.  

Now that I'm done with Severance, trying to pick my next series to binge. Nothing's really jumping out at me. (My first choice would be Stranger Things 4, but I promised my son I'd wait until he got back from camp and watch it with him)

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Schitt's Creek (Netflix)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)
Anyone want to weigh in? If you can make a strong case in favor of any of these, or another series not on this list, that would probably be enough to sway me

Now that I'm done with Severance, trying to pick my next series to binge. Nothing's really jumping out at me. (My first choice would be Stranger Things 4, but I promised my son I'd wait until he got back from camp and watch it with him)

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)
Anyone want to weigh in? If you can make a strong case in favor of any of these, or another series not on this list, that would probably be enough to sway me
The Bear on Hulu should be #1 imo. The Old Man is also great. Winning Time is fun but also just vapid empty calories. Couldn’t stand wecrash and bailed on it. My wife and sister adore Schitt’s Creek but I don’t want many (any??) comedies but people seem to love it. 

El Floppo said:
Love on the Spectrum, IMO.

Aussie or US version.

Is that what I think it's about? And where can I stream it 
yep. wide range of the spectrum from fully functioning to barely. Netflix and it's amazing... the people, young and old, on the show are pretty incredible and inspiring as humans- so honest, genuine, earnest and heartfelt. I want my kids to watch because the lessons they're learning are lessons people not on the spectrum should be learning too (but haven't or don't).

My options:

• Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)

run, don't walk, to watch this.

yep. wide range of the spectrum from fully functioning to barely. Netflix and it's amazing... the people, young and old, on the show are pretty incredible and inspiring as humans- so honest, genuine, earnest and heartfelt. I want my kids to watch because the lessons they're learning are lessons people not on the spectrum should be learning too (but haven't or don't).
As the parent of two children on the spectrum, I may want to check this out, too. They're both pretty high functioning, but my two biggest fears for them as they grow up is that they will have trouble finding a career that can make them financially independent and that they will have trouble forming intimate relationships

run, don't walk, to watch this.
Funny story: I keep a running list of shows I want to watch when I have time. A friend mentioned this to me months ago, except I misheard him and wrote it down on my list as "In-Between Man". Earlier tonight I looked at my list and couldn't even remember what that was, and when I Googled the title the first result was a 10-year-old sitcom called "In-Between Men" that sounded like a lame male knock-off of "Sex and the City". I eventually figured out the correct title, and the description jogged my memory of my friend's description.

OK, you've convinced me. I'll give it a shot.

Funny story: I keep a running list of shows I want to watch when I have time. A friend mentioned this to me months ago, except I misheard him and wrote it down on my list as "In-Between Man". Earlier tonight I looked at my list and couldn't even remember what that was, and when I Googled the title the first result was a 10-year-old sitcom called "In-Between Men" that sounded like a lame male knock-off of "Sex and the City". I eventually figured out the correct title, and the description jogged my memory of my friend's description.

OK, you've convinced me. I'll give it a shot.
I learned about it in here... would never have given it a look.

it's absolutely fantastic. 

My options:

• WeCrash (Hulu)
  • Winning Time (HBO)
  • Mr. Inbetween (Hulu)
  • Upload (Amazon)
  • The Old Man (Hulu)
  • Mr Robot (Amazon)

My wife and I have found Schitt's Creek to be an amazing sorbet (palette cleanser) in between difficult/super-tense series.  Watch (edit: BINGE) a show that is traumatic.  Then watch a season of SC.  It's light, funny, and brilliant.  We've even broken it down into 4 or 5 episode blocks to clear our minds before diving back into high-stress viewing.  Works for us.  

Long story short, Schitt's Creek is great.  You can make it even greater in your TV journey.  Same for Kim's Convenience when SC is over.

As the parent of two children on the spectrum, I may want to check this out, too. They're both pretty high functioning, but my two biggest fears for them as they grow up is that they will have trouble finding a career that can make them financially independent and that they will have trouble forming intimate relationships
oh- you should absolutely see this. I think everybody should see it, as the lessons are relatable and the characters are remarkable. but as a parent of kids in there- definitely. 

Users who are viewing this thread