What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Deadline Thread (1 Viewer)

Brandin Cooks not seen during open portion to start practice for the Texans. Ian just said nothing is imminent. I'd say Cooks, Hines and Chubb are the players I'd be most surprised to not see moved today.

Hunt's the one I see the most but I'm getting pretty negative on that about now.

Claypool is the perfect WR for the Bears, a playmaker with size, and a chip on his shoulder. Claypool strikes me as one of those WRs who needs to be a top target or he checks out a bit. But when he's locked in, he's sometimes capable of taking over games.

Claypool is the perfect WR for the Bears, a playmaker with size, and a chip on his shoulder. Claypool strikes me as one of those WRs who needs to be a top target or he checks out a bit. But when he's locked in, he's sometimes capable of taking over games.
Makes the smith trade a bit better imo. Smith is better, but claypool fits a need.

Makes the smith trade a bit better imo. Smith is better, but claypool fits a need.
Claypool is also cheaper and plays a more valuable position.

Sneaky big winner of this deal is Pat Freiermuth. Very few TEs have his target floor right now.

Brandin Cooks not seen during open portion to start practice for the Texans. Ian just said nothing is imminent. I'd say Cooks, Hines and Chubb are the players I'd be most surprised to not see moved today.

Hunt's the one I see the most but I'm getting pretty negative on that about now.

Honestly, I don't know why the Packers haven't done anything to help their flailing offense. You would think they would go after a Cooks or a Claypool. They really need to move Dillon for picks or a WR.

Honestly, I don't know why the Packers haven't done anything to help their flailing offense. You would think they would go after a Cooks or a Claypool. They really need to move Dillon for picks or a WR.
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson
JosinaAnderson

@JosinaAnderson

As of 8am this morning I'm told "it was looking like Green Bay was potentially going to offer the best deal for Chase (Claypool)," per league source. Obviously the #Bears have swooped in and nabbed the #Steelers WR.

Yea, if you were going to be average you should have traded Rodgers. You decided to keep him - you gotta do everything you can to make a run here.

Cooks cap is too much. Packers have no room.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

As of 8am this morning I'm told "it was looking like Green Bay was potentially going to offer the best deal for Chase (Claypool)," per league source. Obviously the #Bears have swooped in and nabbed the #Steelers WR.
Isnt' that what happened with Khalil Mack too...Packers had been working on getting him. Bears pick looked better to the Raiders.

Cap is almost meaningless in certain ways. No doubt if a team wants it...they can get it done cap wise.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

If true, it makes this deal even sweeter. :)

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

Not if it's the Bears 2nd rounder instead of Baltimore's.

Cap is almost meaningless in certain ways. No doubt if a team wants it...they can get it done cap wise.

Yep, just look at the Rams last year.

JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

Not if it's the Bears 2nd rounder instead of Baltimore's.
The comment was about swooping in and taking something the Packers wanted, regardless of which pick they gave up.

Would love to see Cooks go to GB.

Chubb to the Dolphins.

Bradley Chubb

Trade terms, source tells ESPN:

MIA trades:
⁃2023 1st (SF pick)
⁃2024 4th
⁃RB Chase Edmonds

DEN trades:
⁃OLB Bradley Chubb
⁃2025 5th

I suppose. Looks like they have a little over 6 mil in cap space.

Didn't realize Rodgers would be a $99,728,570) cap hit if cut now :lol: (i know he won't, just crazy to see a number that high). Looks like his wanting to hold the Packers hostage is working.

Would love to see Cooks go to GB.
Sure. Big cost but would be a help. His next year hit plus Rodgers contract is what hurts them there .
Last i ready they aren’t pursuing him at the moment (likely because of that)

Though reading now there was some sort of extension making it easier for him to be moved?

Last edited:
Chubb to the Dolphins.

Bradley Chubb

Trade terms, source tells ESPN:

MIA trades:
⁃2023 1st (SF pick)
⁃2024 4th
⁃RB Chase Edmonds

DEN trades:
⁃OLB Bradley Chubb
⁃2025 5th
Recoup some picks and save $$$ on a big extension coming up. Important to do with that Wilson contract around DEN’s neck.

Earnest johnson got his first carries of the year last night. It will be interesting to hear what deals fell through for Hunt if they dont end up trading him. Seems like if Hunt for a 4th was the true price one of these rb needing teams would have already pounced on that.

Claypool is also cheaper and plays a more valuable position.

Sneaky big winner of this deal is Pat Freiermuth. Very few TEs have his target floor right now.
Pickens???

Patriots fans are going crazy that they haven't done anything today as of now. But they don't really have the cap room to take on a contract (only have $2 million in capo space), and the deadline was yesterday to rework deals prior to trades today. Meaning, they can't eat some of the cost of their bad contracts as sweetener to move someone like Wynn, Agholor, Jonnu Smith, etc. They would have had to figure a way to do that by yesterday.

Buffalo Bills ‘Interested’ In Trade for Raiders RB Josh Jacobs?​

Despite being well-stocked at nearly every position, the Buffalo Bills would likely be open to adding the services of a feature running back

Users who are viewing this thread