What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (1 Viewer)

This week left me wanting more like no other. It went by to fast. That used to happen when Entourage was in it's prime, but this is twice as long. And that was the most bad az getaway in the history of television. Wow.
I read somewhere that the ship with the tractor beam in this episode was actually the original design of a Star Destoyer, so kind of a cool nod to the origins of Star Wars (without being fan service-y).

While I'm glad they changed the design to what we now know as a Star Destroyer, still cool to see.
IMDb trivia says it was first used in a commercial for the empire that was shown on a screen in Solo. It's a class of ship named for the designer who created it as concept art for Episode IV.

Also, was that a Gungan shield I saw in the antique shop?

Andor is the best thing Disney + has done so far. It beats out Mando for me and it such a welcome respite from the range of meh to absolute crap they have been producing recently.

Great writing, excellent directing, great acting performances all around, production, SFX, everything... top notch.

There are some awesome scenes. Diego is a great actor but Stellen is KILLING it in every scene he has. Of course, Forrest knocks it out of the park like usual. "Let's call it war." Such great dialogue delivered with great timing. I literally said aloud "wow".

This show is so good. I feel like this isn't getting the buzz that it should.
Disney is going to air the first two episodes on ABC, Hulu, FX, and Freeform over Thanksgiving. Be interesting to see if that helps draw more interest.
Unfortunate those are their two worst episodes. By far imo
That was my thought as well. It really didn't totally suck me in until Episode 3. Its a slow burn at the beginning.

Definitely aimed at adults which is great. Well written and executed. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

We watched the first two episodes and my kids (17 and 13) were totally bored. I kept watching by myself and absolutely love this show. I mean, it's a spy movie, a heist movie and a prison break movie, and it's not even done yet.

This show is so good. I feel like this isn't getting the buzz that it should.
Disney is going to air the first two episodes on ABC, Hulu, FX, and Freeform over Thanksgiving. Be interesting to see if that helps draw more interest.
I am not sure that will help. This show has built up and up and up... it doesn't grab you right away and tries to kiss you but gradually slides over, does a few flirting glances to reel you in, throws a smile and something to make you melt and then the next thing you know you are catching your breath naked in bed.

Finally caught up. Took awhile since nobody else in the family seems to like it

Probably rewatch this one at some point
I haven’t rewatched a D+ show since Loki but this one I feel like I need to. I’ve enjoyed it but feel like I missed something along the way (it’s possible I dozed off a few times).

Wow. Star Wars meets Les Mis. Star Wars for adults. What a great ending to a great season. Bring on season 2!

I am behind and just started Andor. First two episodes are meh, but I’m trusting you guys.

I will say I watched 4 episodes of Tales of the Jedi. Makes me miss The Clone Wars. I’d love to see more of the backstory on Dooku, Qui-Gon, etc.

This was a great season of TV. Definitely the best Disney show yet. I somehow wanted a bigger holy **** moment in the finale but hard to gripe. I will rewatch before the next season.

I am starting Andor for the THIRD time fwiw. Hoping to get the wife to watch it with me soon. I should have never said "Star Wars"

I am starting Andor for the THIRD time fwiw. Hoping to get the wife to watch it with me soon. I should have never said "Star Wars"
I'm gonna start round 2 with my kids sometime over the holiday break. If there were just regular dudes instead of storm troopers there would be little recognizable references to anything star wars for the casual fan

I somehow wanted a bigger holy **** moment in the finale but hard to gripe. I will rewatch before the next season.
That was my thought at first too... I did not realize that there was going to be a second season until after that. Kinda makes sense in that case.

I'm gonna start round 2 with my kids sometime over the holiday break.
My son really wants to watch it with me... I do not think that he will like it, but I am not opposed to watching it again. I am curious if I will have the same reaction to "The Eye" episode upon second viewing. Man, that was a tense episode.

Andor was masterful. I loved Mando but this far surpasses it. All of the acting was superb, no one fell short and there was some truly great acting as well. Stellen deserves every award possible that he could be up for with that performance. He knocked it out of the park. It was nice to see an actual Andy versus his performances behind CG. (He is extremely under appreciated as an actor I think because he does so much of that CG character stuff, people don't know him as an actor). The casting director did an absolutely magnificent job.

The directing and writing, two things that I feel often is below average to awful from many of the Disney + shows, was all exceptional. The storyline was well thought out and the dialogue was at times some of the best Star Wars has ever produced. It didn't seem like they strained to throw in some cameo or tie in.

The production, SFX, CGI, etc was all top notch feature film quality.

There really was no weak point in this offering. There is no good explanaton if you don't like this unless you have ADHD and can't sit still for 5 seconds then maybe some flashy light elsewhere takes your attention away and 'you got bored' or you are 8 years old- then I get it. Otherwise, I think this can be enjoyed by any adult that enjoys quality.

I can not wait until season 2. Hopefully Marvel can get some inspiration on this and produce something that can take the bad taste away from the crap they have been doing on Disney + of late.

My son really wants to watch it with me... I do not think that he will like it, but I am not opposed to watching it again. I am curious if I will have the same reaction to "The Eye" episode upon second viewing. Man, that was a tense episode.
My kids loved Rogue One. Hoping that carries over to this
The only pat of Rouge 1 my son liked had a lightsaber ;)

Andor was masterful. I loved Mando but this far surpasses it. All of the acting was superb, no one fell short and there was some truly great acting as well. Stellen deserves every award possible that he could be up for with that performance. He knocked it out of the park. It was nice to see an actual Andy versus his performances behind CG. (He is extremely under appreciated as an actor I think because he does so much of that CG character stuff, people don't know him as an actor). The casting director did an absolutely magnificent job.

The directing and writing, two things that I feel often is below average to awful from many of the Disney + shows, was all exceptional. The storyline was well thought out and the dialogue was at times some of the best Star Wars has ever produced. It didn't seem like they strained to throw in some cameo or tie in.

There really was no weak point in this offering. There is no good explanaton if you don't like this unless you have ADHD and can't sit still for 5 seconds then maybe some flashy light elsewhere takes your attention away and 'you got bored' or you are 8 years old- then I get it. Otherwise, I think this can be enjoyed by any adult that enjoys quality.

I can not wait until season 2. Hopefully Marvel can get some inspiration on this and produce something that can take the bad taste away from the crap they have been doing on Disney + of late.
Just finished episode 12, and I like Andor. I thought Mando was better though. I thought Andor was a bit too much acting, and dialogue.....which were both superb.....just not enough action. Mando was a good balance. And had lots of very memorable characters.....I thought the characters in Mando rival any of the movies, and definitely way better than anything since the original trilogy......it just felt more like Star Wars to me...the music, the spaghetti western feel all added to Mando in and made it feel fresh.....I think Mando was just what Star Wars needed. Andor is very good, don't get me wrong, just a bit too dramatic for my taste......and where are all the funky Star Wars aliens? It was mostly humans.....BORING!!!

My 10 yo son was completely bored with Andor.....he loved Mando.

Last edited:

Just finished episode 12, and I like Andor. I thought Mando was better though. I thought Andor was a bit too much acting, and dialogue.....which were both superb.....just not enough action. Mando was a good balance. And had lots of very memorable characters.....I thought the characters in Mando rival any of the movies, and definitely way better than anything since the original trilogy......it just felt more like Star Wars to me...the music, the spaghetti western feel all added to Mando in and made it feel fresh.....I think Mando was just what Star Wars needed. Andor is very good, don't get me wrong, just a bit too dramatic for my taste......and where are all the funky Star Wars aliens? It was mostly humans.....BORING!!!

Like I said, I get the ADHD and 10 years not liking it ;)

Oh I like it for sure, just like Mando more.

Oh I like it for sure, just like Mando more.
I loved the Mando actor, but the last season bored me to tears.

I don't. Who cares about the Jedi anyway?
Me? We can have both.
Exactly. I grew up on the original trilogy. They are cheesy, action packed, great characters......awesome mythology. Its why we have such a rich "Star Wars Universe".

I'm seeing folks reviewing Andor ( not on here) saying its the best Star Wars ever! First of all, you cannot top the original trilogy. The stuff Lucas was doing back then was groundbreaking, and cannot be duplicated....that moment in time was special......it spawned all of this, and we are lucky!

I look at it like this.....my wife is waaaay more into stuff like CSI, or Oceans Eleven, The usual suspects, etc .....I'm more into Die Hard, Evil Dead, Terminator, etc. My point being, I don't want to have to think too hard, or listen to endless dialogue, when I'm being entertained......do I like the fleshing out of the rebellion? Absolutely! Do I think the pendulum swung too far? Maybe so.....I mean I always wanted more backstory to a character like Bossk, or Cad Bane.....at least something. The movies never gave us much.....Andor is spending so much time on the minutia of Andors involvement in the rebellion.....like I said, I'm enjoying it, but imo, it's not near the best of the Star Wars Universe.

Finale was breathtaking. Absolutely astonished at how good this was and can’t wait to rewatch it. Brilliant show.
Agreed - this is what Star Wars can be, and should be going forward. It's not a slight to the Skywalker Saga at all. It's just time for.....this.
this is what people (myself included) were saying about Mando when it came out.

I'm very interested to see what season two will be like.....if it's a lil more Star Warsy.....I'm good with the long dialogue and dramatic acting as long we have some badass bounty hunters, and more weird looking species..... I' mean I guess we had the blue milk in this one.....and space crunch berries

Finale was breathtaking. Absolutely astonished at how good this was and can’t wait to rewatch it. Brilliant show.
Agreed - this is what Star Wars can be, and should be going forward. It's not a slight to the Skywalker Saga at all. It's just time for.....this.

I'm very interested to see what season two will be like.....if it's a lil more Star Warsy.....I'm good with the long dialogue and dramatic acting as long we have some badass bounty hunters, and more weird looking species..... I' mean I guess we had the blue milk in this one.....and space crunch berries
Usually, Y23 is wrong about a lot of stuff, but that was around 2014 in political threads. He's gotten so much smarter over the years.

Oh, and you're very wrong, @Manster , this is the best SW production ever. It's taken the universe to a new level in filmmaking. None of the glossy CGI junk is worth a damn IMO.

Usually, Y23 is wrong about a lot of stuff, but that was around 2014 in political threads. He's gotten so much smarter over the years.

Oh, and you're very wrong, @Manster , this is the best SW production ever. It's taken the universe to a new level in filmmaking. None of the glossy CGI junk is worth a damn IMO.
I'm not wrong.....you just don't agree with me.

Both those things are true in this case :)

Both those things are true in this case :)
Yea I don't wanna turn this into a politics thread (RIP) where we can't disagree. It's a make believe world for gosh sake! I did enjoy first season of Andor, and I'm looking forward to season two.

My kids loved Rogue One. Hoping that carries over to this
The only pat of Rouge 1 my son liked had a lightsaber ;)
To be fair it was the best part.

That was some really good TV. I very much enjoyed it.

I do side with @Manster here. I think Andor was great. But Star Wars is ultimately a universe of space magic. Andor is a great side dish but the main course is fantasy. Otherwise it’s just Star Trek.

ETA: when did Stormtroopers learn to shoot?

Yeah Andor is turning out to be a home run.
One thing that stands out, is that they are able to build tension and take their time. They have 12 episodes, as opposed to 6 or 8. I also think this is only planned for 1 more 12 episode season. So they know exactly where they are going to end up.
Assume Ahsoka will show up at some point, which will also be awesome.
I don't - I hope we don't see any Force in Andor. Rogue One had very little.

Why oh why does

Andy Sirkis always, die?

😥
Gilroy is being kind of cagey on whether that's actually true.
I saw something similar from Serkis, so you never know.
I haven’t seen a body.
So you didn't see him get sliced in half and the body fall into a huge pit, or get pulled into a sarlacc to be digested over 1000 years (silly - you'll be dead in 3 days, who cares about digestion)?

Users who are viewing this thread