What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jahmyr Gibbs, DET (2 Viewers)

I struggle with Gibbs. Just feels like he's locked into a timeshare this year.
Outside of a handful of backs, who’s not locked into a timeshare anymore?

I’m not saying it’s going to happen his rookie season, but Gibbs has legit 70+ reception upside. He is an ELITE pass catcher. If he’s getting 5-7 targets a game, all you need is an efficient 11-14 rushes every week and he’s easily an RB1.

The premium draft capital is just icing on the cake. I’m not overthinking Gibbs. I’ll be owning him everywhere I can.

Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs repped with the first-team offense at OTAs.

With David Montgomery (leg) sidelined, Gibbs has seen the majority of OTA reps with Detroit's starters. Gibbs likely would've split reps if Montgomery were healthy, but with Montgomery falling behind, it gives the Lions less of a reason to take Gibbs out. Gibbs, who Detroit considered drafting at No. 6 overall, projects to start over Montgomery Week 1.
RELATED:
SOURCE: detroitlions.com
Jun 2, 2023, 7:05 PM ET

I disagree the notion that Gibbs is in a timeshare and the notion that Gibbs is the #1 back. I expect both backs to be on the field about 2/3rd of the snaps, so about 1/3 Gibbs only, 1/3 Monty only and 1/3 both.

Monty will have about 20 catches, 1100 total yards, 10-12 TD's

Gibbs will have 70 catches, 1600 total yards, and 8-10 TDs.

Two different backs, doing two different roles. The Lions offense is dynamic enough where both will be decent fantasy options.

I disagree the notion that Gibbs is in a timeshare and the notion that Gibbs is the #1 back. I expect both backs to be on the field about 2/3rd of the snaps, so about 1/3 Gibbs only, 1/3 Monty only and 1/3 both.

Two different backs, doing two different roles. The Lions offense is dynamic enough where both will be decent fantasy options.
2700 total yards by RB's (even without any occasional other RB getting in the mix) seems extremely optimistic.

2700 total yards by RB's (even without any occasional other RB getting in the mix) seems extremely optimistic.
Yeah, probably. In Reggie Bush’s rookie year the top-2 Saints RBs (Bush and D McAllister) combined for about 2,550 yards and 18 TDs. Can Montgomery and Gibbs surpass that performance?

Cautiously optimistic projections. Just how I like them

I’m not saying it’s going to happen his rookie season, but Gibbs has legit 70+ reception upside. He is an ELITE pass catcher. If he’s getting 5-7 targets a game, all you need is an efficient 11-14 rushes every week and he’s easily an RB1.

The premium draft capital is just icing on the cake. I’m not overthinking Gibbs. I’ll be owning him everywhere I can.
I think you got the right read on it.

Gibbs is not only locked in a timeshare next year, but probably in 2024, good chance for his whole career and...... I don't care. Your comment about who's not in a timeshare any more is one of the reasons I like Gibbs so much because he's ideal to handle a timeshare and still score well.

In PPR fantasy you typically need 3 carries to average the fantasy production of one reception. I think that gap will be a tad wider with Gibbs but that's a general basis.

I will go where you did not totally want to go and say Gibbs will catch over 70 passes his rookie season, put another way he'll catch more then 4 a game. In fantasy that's the equivalent of 210+carries.

A RB who averages 12 carries and 4 receptions a game is the same to me as a RB who has 18 carries and 2 receptions a game and only 3 RB's last year averaged 18 carries a game or more.

No offense to anyone but I really don't see why people would think they would use the 12th pick on him to not use him a lot, and it's not like they don't know they just signed Montgomery. This is why draft capital matters. This is not a round 2/3 type of situation where the talent just fell to them and they went BPA and "will figure it out later". This was an orchestrated plan to use major draft capital on him. I really would not be worrying about his role because you don't do that when you don't have a specific plan in mind.

I have Gibbs as my dynasty RB3, came close to putting him at 2, very close call to me. I'm not overly confident he's ever going to give me a top 3 season though. But his youth, the way he's used which is going to be almost like a WR/RB hybrid are reasons I think his can age out closer to a WR then a RB and if things go well, like his health, he has a legit shot to be one of those rare RB's who can give you 6-7 seasons of RB1, top 15, type production and STILL have a little trade value. Look at dynasty startups and you'll see the RB's getting drafted high are a lot who don't have long shelf lifes left. Here we have a RB who is an elite pass catcher, who likely won't be run into the ground with to many carries who is just 21. He's slam dunk 1.2 to in standard dynasty and in a lot of years would be a strong 1.1.

Will be happy to take Gibbs in the 3rd round. No reason at all he won't have 250 touches. People are greatly overrating David Montgomery in my opinion, he's the very definition of "just ok" Gibbs could be special.

Gibbs is my RB12.

ETA: In dynasty drafts, I think there is a bigger dropoff from Gibbs to 1.3 than there is from Bijan to Gibbs.

Last edited:

Gibbs is not only locked in a timeshare next year, but probably in 2024, good chance for his whole career and...... I don't care. Your comment about who's not in a timeshare any more is one of the reasons I like Gibbs so much because he's ideal to handle a timeshare and still score well.

In PPR fantasy you typically need 3 carries to average the fantasy production of one reception. I think that gap will be a tad wider with Gibbs but that's a general basis.

I will go where you did not totally want to go and say Gibbs will catch over 70 passes his rookie season, put another way he'll catch more then 4 a game. In fantasy that's the equivalent of 210+carries.

A RB who averages 12 carries and 4 receptions a game is the same to me as a RB who has 18 carries and 2 receptions a game and only 3 RB's last year averaged 18 carries a game or more.

No offense to anyone but I really don't see why people would think they would use the 12th pick on him to not use him a lot, and it's not like they don't know they just signed Montgomery. This is why draft capital matters. This is not a round 2/3 type of situation where the talent just fell to them and they went BPA and "will figure it out later". This was an orchestrated plan to use major draft capital on him. I really would not be worrying about his role because you don't do that when you don't have a specific plan in mind.

I have Gibbs as my dynasty RB3, came close to putting him at 2, very close call to me. I'm not overly confident he's ever going to give me a top 3 season though. But his youth, the way he's used which is going to be almost like a WR/RB hybrid are reasons I think his can age out closer to a WR then a RB and if things go well, like his health, he has a legit shot to be one of those rare RB's who can give you 6-7 seasons of RB1, top 15, type production and STILL have a little trade value. Look at dynasty startups and you'll see the RB's getting drafted high are a lot who don't have long shelf lifes left. Here we have a RB who is an elite pass catcher, who likely won't be run into the ground with to many carries who is just 21. He's slam dunk 1.2 to in standard dynasty and in a lot of years would be a strong 1.1.
I think "draft capital" gets overused. For starters, it doesn't tell us what the league thinks of a player, it only tells us what 1 team (and sometimes even only 1 person from 1 team) thinks of them. More importantly, it's only what they thought at that point in time, and things can change very quickly in the NFL. Finally, in this specific case, there is direct evidence against the notion that they must have plans to use him a ton right away- look at who they took with the same exact pick last year.

He may get fed and he may be great and it may all happen this year, but it won't be because they picked him at #12, that's old news.

I think "draft capital" gets overused. For starters, it doesn't tell us what the league thinks of a player, it only tells us what 1 team (and sometimes even only 1 person from 1 team) thinks of them. More importantly, it's only what they thought at that point in time, and things can change very quickly in the NFL. Finally, in this specific case, there is direct evidence against the notion that they must have plans to use him a ton right away- look at who they took with the same exact pick last year.

He may get fed and he may be great and it may all happen this year, but it won't be because they picked him at #12, that's old news.
Did you see the Detroit war room after they acquired Gibbs? You’d think they just traded for Patrick Mahomes.

And here’s a draft capital stat for ya’: since 2012, rbs drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft have averaged over 18 fantasy points per game in their rookie season. I know Gibbs doesn’t technically apply here, but he misses the cut by a whopping two picks.

Even Trent Richardson was an rb1 in his rookie season. He just didn’t have the talent to make it in the league.

Will be happy to take Gibbs in the 3rd round. No reason at all he won't have 250 touches. People are greatly overrating David Montgomery in my opinion, he's the very definition of "just ok" Gibbs could be special.

Gibbs is my RB12.

ETA: In dynasty drafts, I think there is a bigger dropoff from Gibbs to 1.3 than there is from Bijan to Gibbs.
Monty ran behind one of the worst o-line with no offensive weapons and looked pretty good.

Did you see the Detroit war room after they acquired Gibbs? You’d think they just traded for Patrick Mahomes.

And here’s a draft capital stat for ya’: since 2012, rbs drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft have averaged over 18 fantasy points per game in their rookie season. I know Gibbs doesn’t technically apply here, but he misses the cut by a whopping two picks.

Even Trent Richardson was an rb1 in his rookie season. He just didn’t have the talent to make it in the league.
Yes, I did. Looked very similar to when they traded UP to 12 to select Williams the year before, who they obviously had no plans to use at all right away.

That's a cool stat I guess, but it's not just "technically" wrong, it's completely irrelevant. Different data set obviously, and he's nothing like those RBs. The only one he remotely resembles is McCaffery, and he averaged a bit over 14 ppg his rookie season despite being a much more accomplished college player. If you go back a bit further you'll find CJ Spiller, who did next to nothing his rookie season (unless you play in return yard leagues).

Again, this isn't a dig- I like Gibbs and think he'll do well there. Just pointing out that the Lions selecting him at 12 doesn't necessarily mean that they have huge, immediate plans for him.

Gibbs is my RB12.

Monty ran behind one of the worst o-line with no offensive weapons and looked pretty good.
I disagree with 2 of those points. Bears OL was average, nowhere near the worst, and Monty hasn't looked good since 2020, being clearly outplayed by Herbert each of the last 2 seasons. The only reason Herbert didn't take the job is Herbert is pretty bad in the passing game, both receiving and blocking, and got hurt.

Really wouldn't be surprised if Montgomery is just a very clear #2 in Detroit, who sees something like 8 touches per game. I don't know if I have Monty as a top-30 RB.

It continues to blow my mind how much credit Montgomery gets for his career 3.9 YPC. From a Gibbs perspective, I'd have been a ton more worried about Swift if he'd stayed.

Just pointing out that the Lions selecting him at 12 doesn't necessarily mean that they have huge, immediate plans for him
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree there then, because I think the complete opposite. The subsequent trading of Swift only further solidifies this in my mind.
It's pretty clear your mind has been made up, but I don't see how anyone can look at this objectively and come to that conclusion. They literally traded UP to 12 last year for a player that they knew wasn't going to be factor really at all in year 1, so trading DOWN to 12 this year certainly isn't proof that they are going to feed him a ton this year. Is it a modestly good sign? Sure, but it's far from a lock.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying that they aren't going to give him a lot of touches this year, I'm just saying that drafting him at 12 doesn't make it set in stone.

Just pointing out that the Lions selecting him at 12 doesn't necessarily mean that they have huge, immediate plans for him
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree there then, because I think the complete opposite. The subsequent trading of Swift only further solidifies this in my mind.
It's pretty clear your mind has been made up, but I don't see how anyone can look at this objectively and come to that conclusion. They literally traded UP to 12 last year for a player that they knew wasn't going to be factor really at all in year 1, so trading DOWN to 12 this year certainly isn't proof that they are going to feed him a ton this year. Is it a modestly good sign? Sure, but it's far from a lock.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying that they aren't going to give him a lot of touches this year, I'm just saying that drafting him at 12 doesn't make it set in stone.

Last year was the 2nd year in a 3-year complete rebuild. This was the year the Lions were targeting to compete.

Gibbs is my RB12.

I disagree with 2 of those points. Bears OL was average, nowhere near the worst, and Monty hasn't looked good since 2020, being clearly outplayed by Herbert each of the last 2 seasons. The only reason Herbert didn't take the job is Herbert is pretty bad in the passing game, both receiving and blocking, and got hurt.

Really wouldn't be surprised if Montgomery is just a very clear #2 in Detroit, who sees something like 8 touches per game. I don't know if I have Monty as a top-30 RB.

It continues to blow my mind how much credit Montgomery gets for his career 3.9 YPC. From a Gibbs perspective, I'd have been a ton more worried about Swift if he'd stayed.
Valid points. I think however if Monty takes over the Jamal Williams role then he definitely has value. More in standard than ppr but more value nonetheless. I think it's highly possible that Gibbs gets more touches because they'll want to pass more to him but Monty is not going to be a #2. I think they'll be fine with different roles. Gibbs is not a three down back. They're not going to use him that way.

The Athletic's Colton Pouncey writes the Lions have made it a "point of emphasis" to move Jahmyr Gibbs "all over the place" in practice.

"On one play, he’d line up in the backfield. On the next, he’d be in the slot. On another, he’d be split out wide as the outside receiver — or show that look, prior to motioning back to running back," Pouncey elaborated. Gibbs also told reporters that he'd use his time away from the facility "working on routes," which Pouncey writes "s another sign that the Lions view him as more than a running back." Gibbs' will effectively be replacing D'Andre Swift in the offense, and Swift got 70 targets last year despite somehow never being healthy enough to play a full game. Gibbs' upside scenarios look like they could be league-winning in his rookie season.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 11, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET

The Athletic's Colton Pouncey writes the Lions have made it a "point of emphasis" to move Jahmyr Gibbs "all over the place" in practice.

"On one play, he’d line up in the backfield. On the next, he’d be in the slot. On another, he’d be split out wide as the outside receiver — or show that look, prior to motioning back to running back," Pouncey elaborated. Gibbs also told reporters that he'd use his time away from the facility "working on routes," which Pouncey writes "s another sign that the Lions view him as more than a running back." Gibbs' will effectively be replacing D'Andre Swift in the offense, and Swift got 70 targets last year despite somehow never being healthy enough to play a full game. Gibbs' upside scenarios look like they could be league-winning in his rookie season.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 11, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
Shhhh....

I hope the Lions are finally the team that actually follows through and uses a back like being described above. It seems we hear this every training camp and it almost never comes to fruition.
Maybe this can be the way RBs finally get paid - adapt into being general offensive weapons.

Stats can be very misleading. There were only 6 RB's selected in the top 12 from 2012 thru 2022, but only 2 of them averaged over 18 (Zeke and Saquon), and you could argue it was because they both had over 350 touches. Zeke was tops in touches in his rookie year, and Saquon was second to only Zeke, who was in his third year. Do you think Gibbs will top 300 touches in his rookie season?

Stats can be very misleading. There were only 6 RB's selected in the top 12 from 2012 thru 2022, but only 2 of them averaged over 18 (Zeke and Saquon), and you could argue it was because they both had over 350 touches. Zeke was tops in touches in his rookie year, and Saquon was second to only Zeke, who was in his third year. Do you think Gibbs will top 300 touches in his rookie season?
Why is 18 PPG the threshold? 5 of those 6 RB's were top 10 at their position for fantasy their rookie seasons. The lone exception was CMC who was 13th in PPG.

Gibbs is going as RB13 right now in FFPC drafts. In theory if his fantasy performance equaled his fantasy draft spot he'd just need to be equal to the worst top 12 drafted RB in the last 10 seasons. Only 4 RB's last year went for 18+PPG. That's not the threshold to me he needs to hit to justify him a a success in fantasy.

Last edited:
A comp I saw from Ben Fennell from CBSS is Percy Harvin.

Harvin in 3 years at Florida: 194 carries, 133 receptions.
Gibbs in 3years at GTech and Bama: 383 carries, 103 receptions

Pretty much same size and athletic testing.
I Think this is who Gibbs will be like in the NFL.

Its actually kind of crafty of the Lions to add Gibbs considering the RB market in the NFL these days compared to WR market.

I think he will make the Lions offense more dynamic being able to stretch the defense more laterally in combination with ASB, while also adding the constraint play factor putting even more stress on defenses schemes.

Gibbs will be more utilized in the rushing game than Harvin. The recieving will be close, 60-80 receptions for 800-1000 yards. But instead of 50 carries for 300 yards, it will be closer to 120 carries for 600 yards.

Gibbs will be more utilized in the rushing game than Harvin. The recieving will be close, 60-80 receptions for 800-1000 yards. But instead of 50 carries for 300 yards, it will be closer to 120 carries for 600 yards.
Bro you're projecting him borderline top 5 RB numbers once you include TDs. Pump the brakes homie.

Bro you're projecting him borderline top 5 RB numbers once you include TDs. Pump the brakes homie.

Apparently the lions are going to average 600 total yards of offense and 5 tds per week...

Sounds like Gibby will get a lot of touches.

With RBs in todays game teams need to use them up in their first 4 years and let them go. If Lions can get 4 good years of production it will be a good pick.

With RBs in todays game teams need to use them up in their first 4 years and let them go. If Lions can get 4 good years of production it will be a good pick.
I feel like we’re in a slaughter house where every piece of the cow is used.

I actually think his estimated shelf life is one of his big appeals. Granted there is the component of paying him in the real NFL after those first 4 seasons that will be at play for the Lions.

Health is near impossible to predict and he could suffer an extreme amount of injuries or a severe debilitating type that robs him of his explosiveness. But in terms of the normal wear and tear and demise we often see with RB's, and from a fantasy angle RB's getting enough usage to be impactful, he's got one of the longer projected lifespans I've put on a RB in the last 10 years at least.

Factors are all in his favor. Super young, not massive use in college, projects as almost a hybrid RB/WR, will at minimum start his career with another RB who will carry a chunk of the more physically punishing usage.

I was telling a friend of mine a few weeks ago that I had him as a top 3 dynasty RB. He had told me he was dubious that he'd have ever a that kind of season. I don't actually disagree, possible but not what I'm necessarily predicting. What I am predicting/projecting is health provided I think he might have 6-7 RB1 type seasons in him, and maybe a few more solid seasons. Putting this in perspective in his 8th season he'll be the same age that Ekeler and Kamara are this year.

Again this is why I have him so high in dynasty. My MO on RB's in dynasty is similar to what you said in your post, try to get 4-5 years and move on but the difference in dynasty vs real NFL is I'm hoping to cash out for almost what I paid AFTER I got 4-5 years of use. If things go well someone could get 4-5 years of RB1 range production from Gibbs and then if you wanted to move him he'd only be 24-25 and if he's playing at a high level would be very easy to move for what he costs today. When looking at the RB landscape I can't stress enough why I find this so appealing for long term dynasty team management.

Apparently the lions are going to average 600 total yards of offense and 5 tds per week...

I don't think expecting a top 5 runner from a top 3 offense is much of a stretch, especially with the creative offense and expected usage with Gibbs as mostly a wide reciever. Gibbs will be the 2nd or 3rd option. Their offense will produce between 6500 and 7009 yards.

I know the boards tend to focus on the dynasty window; wondering on Gibbs in redraft though. He's going late 3rd early 4th round, and I've found myself mocking WRs early. How does consensus feel about Gibbs as your starting RB2 in redraft leagues? For comparisons sake he's going around Ken Walker, Aaron Jones, and Joe Mixon. You taking Gibbs? Taking one of those other 3? Or passing on RBs in that range and either locking up your RB2 earlier/later in the draft? Like most years, it gets very thin very fast. I'm leaning towards passing on RB at that turn and scooping two at the 5/6 turn instead; maybe a combo of Akers/Connor/Cook. Nothing feels great waiting on RB this year tho.

I know the boards tend to focus on the dynasty window; wondering on Gibbs in redraft though. He's going late 3rd early 4th round, and I've found myself mocking WRs early. How does consensus feel about Gibbs as your starting RB2 in redraft leagues? For comparisons sake he's going around Ken Walker, Aaron Jones, and Joe Mixon. You taking Gibbs? Taking one of those other 3? Or passing on RBs in that range and either locking up your RB2 earlier/later in the draft? Like most years, it gets very thin very fast. I'm leaning towards passing on RB at that turn and scooping two at the 5/6 turn instead; maybe a combo of Akers/Connor/Cook. Nothing feels great waiting on RB this year tho.
I absolutely love Gibbs. He feels like Percy Harvin/Alvin Kamara/Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles type player, in a great offense. He seems like a 70-80 catch guy with another 500-600 yards rushing because of Montgomery being there, and he has big play ability. I think in the next year or two Montgomery will be an after thought, and we will be talking about Gibbs as the next potential Mccaffrey

Honestly after the last few years. I really don't like to go big on RB early. There are so many injuries. I like getting the best of the best at QB, and WR, or even like a Kelce and than getting a lot of RBs in the mid rounds with breakout potential. James Cook/Mattison/Pachecho-Mckinnon/Akers/R.White/D.Swift

It worked great last year getting Stevenson/Miles Sanders/Devin Singletary and always on the lookout for waiver wire gems like Foreman, Walker, and Pachecho. My roster was Jalen Hurts/Amon Ra St.Brown/Travis Kelce/AJ Brown with a lot of consistent rbs that I was able to get in later rounds. Went to championships in both leagues. I have been screwed over so many times by top RBs that I don't like to put all my stock in those players.

I also only do auction drafts where the prices are much higher for 1 player. In a redraft depending where you are at, you usually want to go best available, but best available could mean Travis Kelce over a top RB because the drop off at TE after Kelce is huge, where as the drop off at RB is not a big

Last edited:
He is one of the few RBs I like in that area of the draft. I'm happy with him as my RB1. RB2? Shhhhhhhhiiiiip

He is one of the few RBs I like in that area of the draft. I'm happy with him as my RB1. RB2? Shhhhhhhhiiiiip
In all seriousness, I just did a couple of FPC redrafts and took Gibbs as my RB2 at 3.11 behind Jonathan Taylor at 2.02 and AJ Brown at 1.11 in one of them.

I have one share from an FPC draft in March and got him as my RB2 once again but this time at 5.04. Went Kelce, Henry, Metcalf, C Watson and then Gibbs. Wish I'd scooped up more shares of him as those are my only 2/12 leagues.

In all seriousness, I just did a couple of FPC redrafts and took Gibbs as my RB2 at 3.11 behind Jonathan Taylor at 2.02 and AJ Brown at 1.11 in one of them.

I have one share from an FPC draft in March and got him as my RB2 once again but this time at 5.04. Went Kelce, Henry, Metcalf, C Watson and then Gibbs. Wish I'd scooped up more shares of him as those are my only 2/12 leagues.
Wow, 5.04 seems like stellar value. Yeah that 3/4 turn feels about right value wise. I have a hard time shaking all the stats I was digging up him pre-draft about needing to basically be a huge statistical outlier to be a hit in dynasty. But with the new information that was his draft spot, and looking just through a redraft lens at that 3/4 value.... it seems like a good play. Ironically as an RB2 I'd probably be rooting for him to be in a timeshare and more of a focus in the passing game than the rushing game to keep him fresh and healthy lol.

I have pick 12 in this upcoming league and am looking at a similar strategy. Hoping to go Brown/Lamb at 1.12 and likely Chubb at 2.01. Not taking at least 1 RB at 3.12/4.01 in my mocks has my team looking very ugly tho. So I think if Gibbs is there, he'll be the pick now. If not, I still might reach for someone like Jones or Mixon. Dobbins Sanders and Pierce aren't making it back to me for the 5/6 turn and everyone after that just seems so bleh; at least as a starting RB2.

Wow, 5.04 seems like stellar value. Yeah that 3/4 turn feels about right value wise. I have a hard time shaking all the stats I was digging up him pre-draft about needing to basically be a huge statistical outlier to be a hit in dynasty. But with the new information that was his draft spot, and looking just through a redraft lens at that 3/4 value.... it seems like a good play. Ironically as an RB2 I'd probably be rooting for him to be in a timeshare and more of a focus in the passing game than the rushing game to keep him fresh and healthy lol.

I have pick 12 in this upcoming league and am looking at a similar strategy. Hoping to go Brown/Lamb at 1.12 and likely Chubb at 2.01. Not taking at least 1 RB at 3.12/4.01 in my mocks has my team looking very ugly tho. So I think if Gibbs is there, he'll be the pick now. If not, I still might reach for someone like Jones or Mixon. Dobbins Sanders and Pierce aren't making it back to me for the 5/6 turn and everyone after that just seems so bleh; at least as a starting RB2.
I happen to love the later RBs this year even more than ever. I think there are a bunch to be had. I'm still mostly drafting WR heavy early, but I'm generally not in love with too many names at the 3/4 turn, regardless of position. If Gibbs is there it seems an easy snag over some meh WRs IMO.

I happen to love the later RBs this year even more than ever. I think there are a bunch to be had. I'm still mostly drafting WR heavy early, but I'm generally not in love with too many names at the 3/4 turn, regardless of position. If Gibbs is there it seems an easy snag over some meh WRs IMO.
I think that's def. part of it. Especially because it has me considering just taking a QB there like Jackson, which I'd normally never do that early. I do like some later round RBs, but it feels like they are projected middle rounds and where I'm picking 36/37, 60/61 , 84/85 etc. they either aren't going to make it down to me or I'm losing a lot of value reaching for them. I guess once those middle rounds hit better to just reach and get your guy tho. Thanks for the feedback!

I think that's def. part of it. Especially because it has me considering just taking a QB there like Jackson, which I'd normally never do that early. I do like some later round RBs, but it feels like they are projected middle rounds and where I'm picking 36/37, 60/61 , 84/85 etc. they either aren't going to make it down to me or I'm losing a lot of value reaching for them. I guess once those middle rounds hit better to just reach and get your guy tho. Thanks for the feedback!
yeah I was going to say I did take Fields in the early 4th a couple times. The team above where I got Gibbs in the 5th, I got Lamar Jackson in the 6th. But he is definitely not that cheap anymoreither.

I had a draft this past weekend and got Gibbs at 5.12. Started Kupp, Diggs, Olave, Lamar, Gibbs, Mattison.

Lamb (1.11) and Chubb (1.8) were both gone by 12, so YMMV.

I had a draft this past weekend and got Gibbs at 5.12. Started Kupp, Diggs, Olave, Lamar, Gibbs, Mattison.

Lamb (1.11) and Chubb (1.8) were both gone by 12, so YMMV.
I’m amazed Kupp was there at 1.12

Users who are viewing this thread