What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (14 Viewers)

I would like "Hated in the Nation" a lot more if they cut about a third of it. The idea is great, and I love the actress who I only remember from Trainspotting. I just think this episode is bloated and would be better if were more focused and condensed.

Hang the DJ gets my best Black Mirror episode vote.

We did a thread ranking the black mirror episodes I believe

I think it was just in the Black Mirror thread. Here was mine. If I had to redo this, Nosedive and Hang the DJ would probably move to top 3, as those along with Entire History have really stayed with me.

1.3 "The Entire History of You"
2.4 "White Christmas"
3.1 "Nosedive"
3.2 "Playtest"
3.3 "Shut Up and Dance"
2.2 "White Bear"
4.4 "Hang the DJ"
1.2 "Fifteen Million Merits"
3.4 "San Junipero"
4.1 "USS Callister"
3.6 "Hated in the Nation"
4.3 "Crocodile"
1.1 "The National Anthem"
4.6 "Black Museum"
4.2 "Arkangel"
4.5 "Metalhead"
3.5 "Men Against Fire"
2.1 "Be Right Back"
2.3 "The Waldo Moment"
Man, 99% on board here i think. Dig this list. Shut up and Dance/Playtest I feel like don't get talked about enough.
Shut Up and Dance is in my top 5 as I dig the criminal justice angle of it (which is also why I like White Bear better than most). I need to re-watch Playlist because it just didn't stick with me and I think I didn't totally get the ending (i.e. realized what had happened) on my first watch.

I'm late to game here but just finished Severance. Wow I love this show.
I just finished it too. The last season sucked but I enjoyed the ride. They should do a spinoff of Tom & Greg. Love their interactions.

EDIT: Ooops I was talking about Succession

Last edited:
Anyone still watching Silo? I just watched the finale. I wanted to see it through to the end thinking that I wouldn't watch season 2 (if there is one). Now, though ... dammit. I'm intrigued enough to at least watch an episode or two.

No talk of the witcher is disappointing :no:
Loved both seasons but the origin was off IMO

I have read all of the books, but only seen one episode of this current season. I am not sure what you mean.
Big fan of Giralt Season 1 & 2, but the new short series "Origin of Witcher" was not done to the same caliber of story line - bit disappointing
And Henry Cavil 's not returning for Season 4 of Witcher so I might stop after 3

Watching The Diplomat and with all the hot black actresses in the world, they could have picked a better one for him to have sex with in the lake. Kinda manish, imo.

Got caught up on Platonic on Apple+. It's enjoyable as a light adult comedy to have on in the background or before bed. 7/10.

No talk of the witcher is disappointing :no:
Loved both seasons but the origin was off IMO

I have read all of the books, but only seen one episode of this current season. I am not sure what you mean.
I apologize I completely missed the release of Season 3. Thanks for making me look & start binging!!!
I enjoyed the first episode and a half so far. Cavill is so great in this role, I can’t believe they are replacing him. And apparently they are contriving some plot device that explains why Geralt suddenly looks different next year, which is even more absurd.

Holy crap! The Christmas flashback episode of the latest season of The Bear was incredible, intense, insane.

I don’t want to spoil any of the surprises, but there were some awesome performances across the board. This should win a number of Emmy’s.

It’s up there with some of the best TV episodes I’ve seen. (I won the TV draft, so I know what I’m talking about)
Yep. That was an amazing episode. Had the vibe of the episode last season when they started selling orders online but then you add all these performances and story building. Really great stuff.

Anyone have google TV? Thoughts on it...pros cons...?
Google tv like a tv with that operating system or YouTube tv?

If you mean YouTube tv, my favorite thing about it is being able to setup individual profiles where each person can customize their own tv guide and have their own recordings.

If you’re talking about the tv operating system Google tv, I can’t help you there.

Lincoln Lawyer

bloated story
hate when they make the lead always the smartest guy in the room (like reacher on prime)
movie was better
would not recommend but I could see a lot of people enjoying it

Lincoln Lawyer

bloated story
hate when they make the lead always the smartest guy in the room (like reacher on prime)
movie was better
would not recommend but I could see a lot of people enjoying it
I thought it was entertaining enough. Could have been better and the lead bugs me a bit with his accent at times.

Wife and I started Deadloch last night on Prime and we are hooked after the first episode. It's an Australian Crime/Comedy. Great mix of humor and drama and great characters. It's rare one episode can hook me so fast. Hopefully it holds up.

Wife and I started Deadloch last night on Prime and we are hooked after the first episode. It's an Australian Crime/Comedy. Great mix of humor and drama and great characters. It's rare one episode can hook me so fast. Hopefully it holds up.
(y)Yeah I’m enjoying this too. Last episode is dropping this week. The Eddie character is awesome fun. The shoes 🤣

The Netflix docuseries on American Gladiators was something else. I only ever caught bits and pieces of the show when it was on, but if you watched it regularly, this is kind of a must-see. True Hollywood sleaze. The former cast is pretty open, they know that's what gets attention.

(y)Yeah I’m enjoying this too. Last episode is dropping this week. The Eddie character is awesome fun. The shoes 🤣
Just binged all the episodes that are out.Don’t know if the bus is a cliffhanger ending for the season or if there’s more to come out still.

I think my favorite part is Dulce quietly pointing out contradictions and outright fallacies and absolutely nobody heeding her.

Finished "The Bear" Season 2. So great. Amazing show that is so well done.

Some crazy cameos in this season as well.
Who were the cameos? I don't always recognize people who are supposedly famous.
People that I saw who took very minor roles in the show that was cool to see:

Olivia Clark (won an Oscar a couple years ago)
Bob Odenkirk
Jaimie Lee Curtis
Will Poulter (been in a bunch of movies, some Oscar type films, Comic Book stuff as well)
John Mulaney (not a huge star but still somewhat big for such a small role)
Sarah Paulson (see above)
Gillian Jacobs (see above)

And coming coming back from last season to play super small roles: Joel McHale and Jon Bernthal

Last edited:
The Netflix docuseries on American Gladiators was something else. I only ever caught bits and pieces of the show when it was on, but if you watched it regularly, this is kind of a must-see. True Hollywood sleaze. The former cast is pretty open, they know that's what gets attention.
Just watched the 30 for 30 on American Gladiators recently, which was pretty interesting. May get around to this eventually as well

Really enjoying The Bear as well. The entire cast is excellent. The wife and I Just started Season 2 last night.

One of the best soundtracked shows I can recently remember. Always look forward to a nugget at the beginning and the end of the show. The closing songs always keep me around to the end of the credits.

Really enjoying The Bear as well. The entire cast is excellent. The wife and I Just started Season 2 last night.

One of the best soundtracked shows I can recently remember. Always look forward to a nugget at the beginning and the end of the show. The closing songs always keep me around to the end of the credits.
This and Beef knocked it out if the park with soundtracks.

The Bear really uses music well to build tension up.

For this season, I do think it took a couple episodes to ramp up. The last 4 episodes or so were pretty much perfect.

Just watched the 30 for 30 on American Gladiators recently, which was pretty interesting. May get around to this eventually as well
Both are worth watching and present different viewpoints. Many of the cast that were willing to do the Netflix documentary refused to be a part of the ESPN 30 for 30, which had more of a focus on the creator/owner of American Gladiators, it's beginning in the early 80s, and more of the controversy surrounding him and ways that they have attempted to keep the brand alive.

re: The Wire, I missed the boat when it originally aired. Have always heard rave reviews about it, so about 10 years ago, the wife and I set out to watch it. We were incredibly bored through the first two episodes and ended up watching something else. I'm guessing I need to revisit since it is widely known as an all-time great. But for fans of the show, do you agree that the first couple episodes were very slow?
Yes, but it slowly becomes one of the best shows you'll ever have watched if you have the patience for it.

My family is working our way slowly through The Bear S2 because it's hard to coordinate three schedules. I thought the first few episodes of the season were veering into Ted Lasso territory but then episode 6 came along and slapped me upside the head with seven fishes. Amazing episode that topped the intensity of season 1.

Finished off The Idol. Thankfully it was only five episodes. It was bad, slow and depraved but it had its moments I guess. I enjoyed it more after I decided it was supposed to be a comedy.

My family is working our way slowly through The Bear S2 because it's hard to coordinate three schedules. I thought the first few episodes of the season were veering into Ted Lasso territory but then episode 6 came along and slapped me upside the head with seven fishes. Amazing episode that topped the intensity of season 1.
Yep. It ramps up from there.

Users who are viewing this thread