What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you “arrange” your paper money? (1 Viewer)

Do you typically arrange your paper money/bills to face the same direction and by denomination?

• Yes

Votes: 156 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 16.0%
  • Cryptocurrency FTW

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Wow, apparently I'm in the minority here. You people actually take the time to sort your cash?

Wow, apparently I'm in the minority here. You people actually take the time to sort your cash?
It takes 10x more time sifting through a completely disorganized wallet every time to figure out how much money you've got than periodically doing it upfront. So on balance it's a time saver.

Ditto for not organizing credit, gift, membership cards and fumbling through all of them when trying to make a transaction.

What means "denomination"?

In typical FBG fashion I have a dozen or so benjis tucked in behind my Amex Black card to get me through the day (anyone else think modern tipping culture is out of control?). Don't bother arranging them as they don't stay very long.

My crypto wallets, on the other hand- don't get me started...

Generally not, but our paper money actually comes in different colours and sizes in order to easily tell what it is, so there's no need to do so

Maybe not at all times since sometimes I just jam the change into my pocket after paying, but will sort when I have a moment later on.

Typically? Yes. There will be times where things get disorganized but, for example, if I'm going out for a long weekend away with cash on hand I always make sure it's organized.

It takes 10x more time sifting through a completely disorganized wallet every time to figure out how much money you've got than periodically doing it upfront. So on balance it's a time saver.

Ditto for not organizing credit, gift, membership cards and fumbling through all of them when trying to make a transaction.
My wallet simply has a magnetic clip and I just put the cash in that. I rarely carry around more than $100 and consider the cash in my wallet simply as petty cash so I really don't care to know a constant tally. Heck, I think my primary use for cash the last year or two is simply to pay bets and tip on the golf course.

It’s not like it takes hours. :shrug:
I suppose.

It has truly never dawned on my though to organize the cash in my wallet. It's not like it takes hours to count it if/when I need to. And, again, I hardly ever have more than $100 so I just don't see the need for a regular accounting. If I'm buying something that requires cash (e.g. THC, something secondhand from somebody, certain restaurants/food trucks) then I just make sure I have enough ahead of time.

Yes.
Yes.

Personal carry: Big bills face up so when you fold the little bills show.

Re-up money- flat, $1,000 stacks with rubber bands.

Yes
Yes

I cant stand it when a cashier gives me back bills going every which way. As with everyone else, bills are used less and less these days.

Absolutely, start with 100's, then 50's, 20's, 10's, 5's, and finally 1's. I don't really care about the direction though.

Answered no. I rarely have more than 3 bills in my wallet at a given time, so it's not worth arranging them a particular way.

Yes and the pressure of sorting it and putting it back in your wallet after receiving change is immense. I can feel the eyes of the people waiting in line behind me boring into my head to hurry up and move on.

Denomination, yes. But not direction.

I'll be here staring blankly at my phone uncertain of how to vote all week. Try the veal.

Yes and the pressure of sorting it and putting it back in your wallet after receiving change is immense. I can feel the eyes of the people waiting in line behind me boring into my head to hurry up and move on.
Efff em, I will take extra time if I catch someone behind me acting impatient.

Users who are viewing this thread