What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I now make the rules… (1 Viewer)

3. Cap costs for youth sports (travel teams)
How about get rid of travel ball and limit each sport to 3 or 4 month windows so specializing at a young age is not "forced" on kids?

With no travel ball it will increase competition and skill levels to local area leagues so it isn't so diluted that it has become useless.
Definitely for that.

Just didn't want to give Kee THAT much power.

How about get rid of travel ball and limit each sport to 3 or 4 month windows so specializing at a young age is not "forced" on kids?

With no travel ball it will increase competition and skill levels to local area leagues so it isn't so diluted that it has become useless.
Need to keep tipping. What's the incentive for good service? Also wait staff will pay more taxes if you increase the hourly pay as a lot of their earnings is unreported cash tips.
1. It works in other countries
2. Customers shouldn’t be enabling tax evasion
Customers are not enabling tax evasion. It is up to each person to accurately report their income. In other countries, at least in Europe, tip.

Need to keep tipping. What's the incentive for good service? Also wait staff will pay more taxes if you increase the hourly pay as a lot of their earnings is unreported cash tips.
Losing your job? You know, same as any other job?
You'd think it would be that simple but turnover is probably already really high for a lot places that have tipping. And this assumes competent management which probably isn't the case.

What I'd personally love is an ordering system from your phone. You need something, you do it from the phone and then you just have runners that bring stuff out. I experienced this at a sushi place in miami and thought it was amazing. Combine that with no tipping. Then you just need some management type to just monitor the response times from within the system.

Last edited:
Illegal to lend people 17-18 year olds dozens of thousands of dollars for student loans.

Credit card MAX interest rate or maybe 5-6%. This 29 percent crap is ridiculous.

Allow ME to decide who gets sterilized............this is by far my most pressing order of business

Credit card MAX interest rate or maybe 5-6%. This 29 percent crap is ridiculous.
I don't know if this is still the consensus view or not, but one of my all-time favorite econ papers argued that the reason why credit cards have such high and sticky interest rates is because of adverse selection. Basically, there are three "types" of people who have credit cards:

1) People who don't intend to carry a balance, and never do. These people are rationally insensitive to interest rates. I'm one of them. I have no idea what the interest rate on my card is. It might be eleventy-thousand percent and it wouldn't matter because I'm never accruing interest anyway. Contrary to conventional wisdom, credit card companies like people like me because we pay our bills with no drama and generate network charges.

2) People who don't intend to carry a balance, but do anyway. These people are also insensitive to interest rates, but irrationally so. Banks love these people because they pay outrageous interest charges but are still financially sophisticated enough to stay out of bankruptcy. Wonderful, A+++ customers.

3) People who fully intend to carry a balance. These folks are price-sensitive and do look at interest rates. They are risky customers, because they tend to be financially stupid. People who need CCs for actual loans probably are bad credit risks. Banks would like to avoid lending to these folks if they can.

So you're a CC-issuing bank. Let's say the Fed funds rate falls and you're considering lowering the interest rate on your card. You won't get any more Type 1 consumers, because people like me aren't choosing a card based on interest rates. Same with Type 2. But you know you'll pick up? A whole bunch of financially-rickety Type 3s. That calculation really discourages banks from competing on the basis of interest rates.

1. It works in other countries
2. Customers shouldn’t be enabling tax evasion
Customers are not enabling tax evasion. It is up to each person to accurately report their income. In other countries, at least in Europe, tip.
I was just in Ireland and they rarely tip according to my local friends.

Paper menus. The real ones. I'm not qrcoding your table sticker for a menu just because you want me to then also download your app or you may have to clean the menus. If you can't have a real menu then you shouldn't have a food license.

It shall be illegal for a table server to "memorize" your order instead of just writing it down. It's not impressive nor what I am paying for. Write my order down.

If you are one of those "have to back into every parking spot all the time no matter what people " it's a finable offense to miss the spot and have to pull back out and do it again. If the parking lot is busy, double fine.

It shall be illegal for a table server to "memorize" your order instead of just writing it down. It's not impressive nor what I am paying for. Write my order down.

If you are one of those "have to back into every parking spot all the time no matter what people " it's a finable offense to miss the spot and have to pull back out and do it again. If the parking lot is busy, double fine.
The table server one is a hilarious take…”It’s not impressive…” 😂

I’m a pro at backing in, so I’m not in favor of this one, although I’ve been annoyed by poor drivers trying to back in.

The entire country will remain on “daylight savings time” henceforth.
Close...agree with stopping the changing....just needs to stay on standard time instead ;)

Let's get back to Daylight Savings. Why throw out the baby with the bath water? How about we just get rid of springing forward?
Sorry… I make the rules
Got it.....I'll never understand people who prefer waking up in the dark.

Blood's on your hands for killing us faster as a result ;)

The entire country will remain on “daylight savings time” henceforth.
Close...agree with stopping the changing....just needs to stay on standard time instead ;)

Let's get back to Daylight Savings. Why throw out the baby with the bath water? How about we just get rid of springing forward?
Sorry… I make the rules
Got it.....I'll never understand people who prefer waking up in the dark.

Blood's on your hands for killing us faster as a result ;)
Fine by me

Anyone that verbally or physically assaults another person at a youth event (sports, concert, debate etc.) Is immediately removed from the event and put into county lock up for 10 days. Second offense is classified as a felony with 60 day sentence, third is offense is 2 years.

Youth events are classified as any event where the participants are in high school or younger. This includes anyone at the event from paid spectators, to the participants on the field.

Cap campaign spending at a reasonable rate according to the office.
Cannot announce running for an office more than one year prior that office's election date.
Cannot actively campaign earlier than six months prior to election date (except debates and town halls).

Let's throw in congressional term limits while we're at it.

How are they gonna fund the rewards programs we love so much?
With the transaction fees they charge retailers. I’m contemplating including the capping of CC interest rates.
If you think that's enough. My rewards better not be touched or I'm voting you out of office. Was also thinking if you're someone with bad credit which obviously doesn't apply to us, good luck getting a credit card. And without a credit card, its gonna be a lot harder to improve that credit. I have no problem with the way it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread