What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you typically wear slippers around the house? (2 Viewers)

Do you typically wear slippers around the house?

• Yes

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 108 66.7%

• Total voters
No.

And sandals aren't slippers. Slippers are closer to socks than shoes and can't be worn out of the house (or "shouldn't be" ... I've seen people in legit slippers at WalMart).
Jayrod gets it. :thumbup:
This is a dumb poll already.

I wear slides around the house all day. I voted yes in this poll.

Have fun.
This is like the 1-star recipe review where they say how disappointed they were in the recipe while at the same time they list all the substitutions they had used rather than following the directions as written in the recipe.
;)

I wear Slippers with a houndstooth robe while I am smoking a pipe in my den with dark leather furniture sipping on bourbon.

Heck no! I think I had one pair in my life and they were Detroit Lions slippers from my aunt when I was 17.

I have worn both moccasin type and old man type in cold months. But typically I do not wear them so voted no.

Answered yes, but would further explain the following caveats/reasons I believe yes is the correct answer:

1. I do typically wear slippers, but I only started doing that in 2019. Basically, I did so because I moved to an area with a colder climate, the house we bought had wooden and/or tile floors, and I'm at a stage in my life where I'm spending more time at home and I care more about comfort than looks.
2. This past summer I developed plantar fasciitis and since then do mainly wear oofos sandals around the house to help promote my foot. My condition has significantly improved so I'm going back to wearing mostly slippers around the house which has timed perfectly with the drop in temperature.

Last edited:
No.

The classic, the original: Striped Adidas slides
Soft Olukai ftw
wasn't a slippahs guy until I got these about 5 years ago. wear them every day now.
Sorry I meant I have these

Answered yes, but would further explain the following caveats/reasons I believe yes is the correct answer:

1. I do typically wear slippers, but I only started doing that in 2019. Basically, I did so because I moved to an area with a colder climate, the house we bought had wooden and/or tile floors, and I'm at a stage in my life wear I'm spending more time at home and I care more about comfort than looks.
2. This past summer I developed plantar fasciitis and since then do mainly wear oofos sandals around the house to help promote my foot. My condition has significantly improved so I'm going back to wearing mostly slippers around the house which has timed perfectly with the drop in temperature.
Good luck with your upcoming plantar fasciitis.

1. I do typically wear slippers, but I only started doing that in 2019. Basically, I did so because I moved to an area with a colder climate, the house we bought had wooden and/or tile floors, and I'm at a stage in my life wear I'm spending more time at home and I care more about comfort than looks.
Good luck with your upcoming plantar fasciitis.
I'm still being smart about it. My understanding is that the oofos are mainly just for pain management.

In the winter. As God intended.

Same here, so I voted yes. In the summer it's sandals, but with no socks, my feet will get chilly in the winter. I prefer slippers to socks, as you can go outside when the ground is wet in a decent pair.

like 85% barefoot, but if not then wearing Haflinger's that i bought a couple years back because of some foot problems

Yes, if my feet are cold (call it once or twice a week during the winter especially), I wear slipper socks like these; otherwise, no. What do I vote?

Voted before reading the disclaimers. Wear slides when it's moderate to warm temps and slippers when it's cold. So like 9 months slides, and 3 months slippers. Answered Yes, but this may be wrong. Oh well.

Never did for over 45 years. Until I found these...

Now I never go without them on my feet at home.

Life changing. There are others here that can attest after getting them on board.
$115 for slippers? You crazy!
To be fair, the slippers they offer are new.

I have the slides, those are half that price, and can be found places even lower. I bought mine for $30 at another store.
So you’re not wearing slippers in a slippers thread?

No.

Soft Olukai ftw
wasn't a slippahs guy until I got these about 5 years ago. wear them every day now.

These are not slippers. Even the site and link calls them Sandals. Slippers should have closed toes. Open toes are sandals.

Reactions: Zow
No.

Soft Olukai ftw

These are not slippers. Even the site and link calls them Sandals. Slippers should have closed toes. Open toes are sandals.
I know they aren't i never called them slippers. My original reply was about adidas slides.......

Slippers or some Hey Dudes for house shoes.
Slippers at home, Hey Dudes for driving to and from work. I work in a hospital and I don’t track all the nasty crap from my work shoes into my car and house. Those nasty things live in my trunk.

I also throw on the Hey Dudes to take out the garbage and recycling.

Off topic-ish... does anyone else find slides incredibly uncomfortable?
Slides when not working love them. I had an old school pair of Adidas for years, but I wore them out. My wife bought a pair of all black Nike slides to replace them. I like them even better. Neither pair slid off when they weren't supposed to. I do most of my yardwork in them.

Life changing. There are others here that can attest after getting them on board.

Which model? There are a lot of different ones at that link.

What do you find life changing about them? What's different than other high quality slides or sandals?

Slides when not working love them. I had an old school pair of Adidas for years, but I wore them out. My wife bought a pair of all black Nike slides to replace them. I like them even better. Neither pair slid off when they weren't supposed to. I do most of my yardwork in them.
You do yardwork in slides? Wow. I'm impressed

You do yardwork in slides? Wow. I'm impressed
I upgraded from barefoot yardwork.

For those of you wearing those slippers with fur/fluff lining, don't your feet get all clammy/sweaty?

What do you find life changing about them? What's different than other high quality slides or sandals?
I have the Ooaah slides. The specific color I have isn't available that I can see (smoke), but I've seen it pop up at times. You can find them on their own site, Amazon, REI, amongst others. Usually in $50-60 range but they can drop up $30-40.

It's hard to fully describe, but once you start wearing, you'll not want to be without and other sandals feel like wood. The cushioning is unlike other shoes and literally took away stiffness in legs I'd wake up with or other regular lower extremity aches. It's done wonders for people I know with plantar fasciitis as well.

For those of you wearing those slippers with fur/fluff lining, don't your feet get all clammy/sweaty?
No. They are glorious. Warm feet, and if I have a fire going I can walk out on the patio to grab firewood without taking them off.

$115 for slippers? You crazy!
To be fair, the slippers they offer are new.

I have the slides, those are half that price, and can be found places even lower. I bought mine for $30 at another store.
Dang it, I think I may have to get these slippers now since you made me look

I may be way behind the times....Slides? Never heard the term. Are those like the Adidas sandals/flip-flops that sissies wore to the dorm showers back in the day?

I have the Ooaah slides. The specific color I have isn't available that I can see (smoke), but I've seen it pop up at times. You can find them on their own site, Amazon, REI, amongst others. Usually in $50-60 range but they can drop up $30-40.

It's hard to fully describe, but once you start wearing, you'll not want to be without and other sandals feel like wood. The cushioning is unlike other shoes and literally took away stiffness in legs I'd wake up with or other regular lower extremity aches. It's done wonders for people I know with plantar fasciitis as well.

Thanks. I'm a long time fan of Birkenstocks. And I have some Hoka slides on the other end of the softness range. Those are both high quality. I'm sure the oofa's are way better than no support (but cool) Havaianas, but I wonder how they compare to a supportive shoe. I may give some a try.

Thanks. I'm a long time fan of Birkenstocks. And I have some Hoka slides on the other end of the softness range. Those are both high quality. I'm sure the oofa's are way better than no support (but cool) Havaianas, but I wonder how they compare to a supportive shoe. I may give some a try.
Ignorant about the Oofos, but Birks are all I wear at work, or home, or doing anything besides mowing grass or shoveling snow.

I haven't tried everything, but anything I've worn that's "soft or cushy" eventually makes my feet hurt. Gotta have my cork.

Users who are viewing this thread