What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nathaniel “Tank” Dell, HOU (1 Viewer)

He’s in over Godwin and Kirk. To heck with it.

The Steelers secondary looked pathetic trying to cover D. Adams and J. Meyers. I think the HOU/Stroud/Dell coming out party continues.

Just wish D. Pierce would join the same party soon.
Steelers fan and you are not wrong. If they can keep Watt out of the backfield at least 80% of the time they should keep up the numbers they've been putting up. I do expect a bit of a bounce back from Nico though. Jags really committed to taking him out of the game, and they also let Dell run free on those deep posts the whole game. I don't think Nico getting back to 8-10 targets should negatively impact Tank much though either. If they are up two scores in the second half, also very possible, I think Pierce will see an uptick for ya. Unfortunately his efficiency just hasn't been up to par this season like it was last.

He’s in over Godwin and Kirk. To heck with it.

The Steelers secondary looked pathetic trying to cover D. Adams and J. Meyers. I think the HOU/Stroud/Dell coming out party continues.

Just wish D. Pierce would join the same party soon.
TJ Watt vs backup tackles is the concern. Not the secondary
Agreed.

Although I thought the same thing about Aidan Hutchinson against two backup tackles when they played Seattle.

TJ>>Hutch but still.

Errrr...anyone know what went on with Dell?

Didn't see many targets.

Clearly Nico is #1, but Dell went from season winner to waiver wire fodder.

I had him in and then pulled him in favor of Metcalf. Metcalf hasn't played yet so it still remains to be seen but odds are he will get more than 2 pts. I'll hang onto Dell and see if he produces again or if Nico really takes over. I already won this week so Dell wouldn't have lost me the game but I hate leaving points on the bench.

Didn't see many targets.

So confused. I own them both and went point chasing, benched Collin’s and severely got burned. I would think these two would be closer but it appears Collin’s has the higher floor and similar ceiling while dells new floor is apparently nothing. I’m starting them both going forward. Reminds me of the Winston Evan’s Godwin days

Didn't see many targets.

So confused. I own them both and went point chasing, benched Collin’s and severely got burned. I would think these two would be closer but it appears Collin’s has the higher floor and similar ceiling while dells new floor is apparently nothing. I’m starting them both going forward. Reminds me of the Winston Evan’s Godwin days
Moneyball one of them. Trade one of them forcing you to play the other. :)

Curious if anyone knows if Dell runs out on the perimeter or in the slot or both? Would think N. Collins is a perimeter guy, maybe Woods is slot?

Reason I ask, ATL has two tough corners. Could be rough sledding if he is matched up with one or both of these guys. FPros indicates Dell should run 71% of his routes against these corners.

Also, forget where I read this, but apparently last week zone coverage worked against Dell and he's better in man to man coverage. Anyone know what ATL plays zone vs. Man?

Curious if anyone knows if Dell runs out on the perimeter or in the slot or both? Would think N. Collins is a perimeter guy, maybe Woods is slot?

Reason I ask, ATL has two tough corners. Could be rough sledding if he is matched up with one or both of these guys. FPros indicates Dell should run 71% of his routes against these corners.

Also, forget where I read this, but apparently last week zone coverage worked against Dell and he's better in man to man coverage. Anyone know what ATL plays zone vs. Man?
Another thought. ATL completely shut down C.Ridley last week. I wonder if N. Collins gets the same treatment opening up opportunities for Dell.

Dell getting a lot of "starts" across the fantasy site landscape.

He’s moved around but I believe Woods plays more slot and Dell plays more outside than folks may think. He’s gotten great separation stats so far, so I think they like Woods’ ability to make the tough catches over the middle that Tank’s size likely limits.

I’m a Texans fan and not afraid to start him. He and CJ had off-season chemistry just like Collins. Seeing those two WRs standing out is zero surprise given the news from camp of CJ favoring Collins and then as he and Dell became buddies, suddenly Dell was eating into Nico’s targets.

I‘m really interested to see how this turns out this year. I was super excited with Dell and then Nico happened last week and now I’m really curious to see how this unfolds. I like the situation but I’m thinking this may be Nico’s offense. holding

He’s moved around but I believe Woods plays more slot and Dell plays more outside than folks may think. He’s gotten great separation stats so far, so I think they like Woods’ ability to make the tough catches over the middle that Tank’s size likely limits.

I’m a Texans fan and not afraid to start him. He and CJ had off-season chemistry just like Collins. Seeing those two WRs standing out is zero surprise given the news from camp of CJ favoring Collins and then as he and Dell became buddies, suddenly Dell was eating into Nico’s targets.
Tough matchup this week. The ATL CBs are no joke.

May have no choice though if A ST Brown is out.

I think it’s more Atlanta plays one ugly game and opposing offenses need to execute perfectly to get a lead on them. Texans on the road are vulnerable. Bijan is their kryptonite. Hoping stroud can succeed on limited volume and big plays. Not overly scared of the matchup. I’d start these guys weekly

Jags had their way with the Falcons defense last week, I doubt that changes, pretty sure Nico and Dell are as good if not better than Kirk/Ridley, and the Houston offense is far more pass happy due to lack of a true run game. But Heineken starting at QB for Atl breathes life into this game in a big way. that kid is usually good for 1-3 games off the bench. would NOT surprise me to see 300 yards passing , 3TDs through the air for Heineken. This might be the week to start Drake london with confidence!

feels to me like this is going to be an absolute shootout type game here. like a 42-37 outing. track meet

Jags had their way with the Falcons defense last week, I doubt that changes, pretty sure Nico and Dell are as good if not better than Kirk/Ridley, and the Houston offense is far more pass happy due to lack of a true run game. But Heineken starting at QB for Atl breathes life into this game in a big way. that kid is usually good for 1-3 games off the bench. would NOT surprise me to see 300 yards passing , 3TDs through the air for Heineken. This might be the week to start Drake london with confidence!

feels to me like this is going to be an absolute shootout type game here. like a 42-37 outing. track meet

Don't see anything around Heinicke starting. Last thing Smith said was that they weren't going to sit Ridder.

And if that's the case, could be an ugly, slow, grind it out game.

Important point for everyone since I’m a Texans fan - we’ve been without most of our line the first few weeks this year. Both Tunsil and Howard (orig starting tackles) are expected back this week.

Slowik wanted to run more and we just couldn’t. I think Collins is still solid, but he’ll be this week’s “what happened”. I’m starting Dell as I think he’s the WR who benefits more from a strong run game because of his speed and separation. I expect a more balanced approach than we’ve seen this far, so I’d just say I wouldn’t plan on them slinging it around as they have been.

Important point for everyone since I’m a Texans fan - we’ve been without most of our line the first few weeks this year. Both Tunsil and Howard (orig starting tackles) are expected back this week.

Slowik wanted to run more and we just couldn’t. I think Collins is still solid, but he’ll be this week’s “what happened”. I’m starting Dell as I think he’s the WR who benefits more from a strong run game because of his speed and separation. I expect a more balanced approach than we’ve seen this far, so I’d just say I wouldn’t plan on them slinging it around as they have been.
Are those O lineman definitely back?

Heard you lost another one though.

Are those O lineman definitely back?

Heard you lost another one though.
Both practiced all week and are expected back at this point. Biggest question is where they slot Howard back in apparently. They aren’t saying he will definitely go back in at tackle.

He’s a FA in my ten man ppr. But so is Pickens. Who do you guys value more in redraft? I’d have to drop Spears or Doubs.

Texans are winning and winning good with Stroud playing the way he is? Why would they take the ball out of his hands? The defense is solid, QB is franchise-level, weapons are really solid, RB's are fine.

Stroud looks like he will be a Tua/prime-russ low attempts, high completion, high y/a, amazing for fantasy.

Texans WR Tank Dell (concussion) will not practice on Wednesday.
The rookie receiver suffered a concussion during the first half of the Week 5 loss to Atlanta and is now in the league’s concussion protocol. While he could clear in time to suit up for Sunday’s game against the Saints, it’s become increasingly hard for NFL players to return to action the week after suffering a concussion. Per NFL insider Aaron Wilson, Dell is progressing through the protocol but is not expected to play this week. Dell has 19 catches for 324 yards and two touchdowns on the season and has emerged as a crucial component of this Houston passing offense.

Tank is not a sleeper....too late for that! Tank is a stud

Stud a bit too strong I'd say.

He's had a couple duds.

Also, think CAR plays zone and the last time they faced zone coverage he did zippo and Nico went nuts.

All that said, may start him over D. Foreman.

He's had a couple duds.

Also, think CAR plays zone and the last time they faced zone coverage he did zippo and Nico went nuts.

only dud he had was against Pittsburgh where Nico went off. Against Atlanta he had 7 half ppr points before he exited the game due to concussion. 1st game of the year he didnt get to play many snaps.

The other 2 games he was amazing!

He's had a couple duds.

Just looking at his stats could tell you he had more duds than he did. He was knocked out in the second quarter in the last game he played.

I agree with sleeper or buy low more than stud. The fact is after a hot start, he's had 4 weeks in a row where hes kind of forgotten about. Dud, left early with concussion, out, and bye. Now this week Woods is out. Not a bad flex play IMO.

FFPC has two major redraft leagues and in total they got over 1,740 12 team leagues in those two contests. He is on a roster in 1,739 of them. Someone cut him yesterday in a league and he can't be picked up until next week.

In last weeks waivers he was cut by two teams. He was picked up in those two leagues this week for average winning bid equal to over 35% of the annual FA budget.

That does not sound like a sleeper to me.

FFPC has two major redraft leagues and in total they got over 1,740 12 team leagues in those two contests. He is on a roster in 1,739 of them. Someone cut him yesterday in a league and he can't be picked up until next week.

In last weeks waivers he was cut by two teams. He was picked up in those two leagues this week for average winning bid equal to over 35% of the annual FA budget.

That does not sound like a sleeper to me.
Sleeper as a starter this week. Not rostered. How many of those leagues is he being started in? On Yahoo he is being started in 4% of leagues.

What's up with this N. Brown guy? He was originally injured and that opened the door for Dell. Now Brown is back healthy.

What's up with this N. Brown guy? He was originally injured and that opened the door for Dell. Now Brown is back healthy.

Veteran, has gotten some looks throughout the season. But with Robert Woods out he had a lot more opportunity this particular week. Woods had been targeted the most this season before missing time with injury.

I would expect Tank to be a bigger part over the long haul than Brown.

Veteran, has gotten some looks throughout the season. But with Robert Woods out he had a lot more opportunity this particular week. Woods had been targeted the most this season before missing time with injury.

I would expect Tank to be a bigger part over the long haul than Brown.

Yep. Tank and CJ have a nice chemistry going on especially with more Defenses focusing on Nico. Solid 1-2 WR punch.

Yep. Tank and CJ have a nice chemistry going
No doubt and good thing to remember for dynasty.

We see it on the field for sure but off the field it's been reported and probably discussed here but it was Stroud who reportedly asked the Texans to draft Tank(Strouds a much better GM then Aaron Rodgers already) and I recall Stroud saying something a week or so ago along the lines of him and Tank are going to have a really good and/or long career together.

Remember it was Stroud who told Texans to draft Dell. Can't discount strong QB/WR chemistry and teams can't afford to try and double team Dell or Stroud will throw to Collins / Brown all day. Pick your poison.

Who has the stones to start him vs Cincy?
☝️

Seriously a little confused why you phrased it that way. What am I missing why he'd be someone it would take so much confidence to start?
I’ve never been able to guess the right week to start him.

Tank on my bench:

3/34/0 on 4 targets
7/72/1 on 10 targets
5/145/1 on 7 targets
6/114/2 on 11 targets

Tank when I start him:

1/16/0 on 3 targets
5/57/0 on 4 targets
3/16/0 on 4 targets

Users who are viewing this thread