What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - DeVante Parker joins Kelce and Fletch as beloved Eagles that retired this offseason. (9 Viewers)

Drew Rosemhaus: some of the Miami players didn’t get along with Fangio while others loved him. No inbetween.

Then Mia beat reporter Omar Kelly with this

According to
@OmarKelly
“Fangio's performance was a major topic of discussion in coach Mike McDaniel's exit interviews, and there were a number of the team's top performers who either wanted Fangio to change his ways or be replaced, and flat-out told McDaniel this.”

I know it’s not Eagles related but this coaching cycle is amongst the oddest I’ve ever seen. 2 spots open now so one of either Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick or Mike Vrabel won’t get a job and Atlanta just hired a guy for HC that they fired as as intern HC a couple years ago. Imagine explaining that here?

I know it’s not Eagles related but this coaching cycle is amongst the oddest I’ve ever seen. 2 spots open now so one of either Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick or Mike Vrabel won’t get a job and Atlanta just hired a guy for HC that they fired as as intern HC a couple years ago. Imagine explaining that here?
Atl has no idea what they are doing.

Drew Rosemhaus: some of the Miami players didn’t get along with Fangio while others loved him. No inbetween.

Then Mia beat reporter Omar Kelly with this

According to
@OmarKelly
“Fangio's performance was a major topic of discussion in coach Mike McDaniel's exit interviews, and there were a number of the team's top performers who either wanted Fangio to change his ways or be replaced, and flat-out told McDaniel this.”
Also Omar Kelly

Reactions: JAA
I mean, I think a lot of us think of the NFL as super creative geniuses and sometimes we forget that while these guys have been around the game for a long long time, they are still all just like....jocks right? I can't think of more than a handful of NFL teams where I truly think they are a 100% Great functioning organization. Ravens, Packers, Eagles, NIners all seem to be high function ones. On the other end you have the Giants, Commanders for like 20 years, Cardinals, etc... and ATL has been missing on stuff for a long time, like....what is the plan at QB for instance. They have all these investments in offensive talent with no real QB to get them anywhere.

As far as those 3 specific guys maybe...the NFL just doesn't want the old heads anymore right now. I think for BB, the mirage behind him being a super genius has taken a big hit since post Brady, and as far as Vrabel, like BB's coaching tree ain't so much to brag about as a whole.

Overall the league wants the next big young guy. They are going for the fresh ideas and I think its just a changing of the guard kind of a thing.

Contrary to popular belief Vic Fangio when he consultant was not helping the defebse but offebse to break down defensive weaknesses.

Howie Roseman also tried to get Patrick Surtain at the deadline. No word of Denver’s asking price was too rich or just weren’t interested in holding discussions at the time
That was quite difficult to read.

Be more cool to other posters here.

I
Per Schefty:

Former Dolphins’ defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is traveling to Philadelphia this morning to officially sign the contract to become the Eagles’ new defensive coordinator, per league source. Eagles officially get their man.
We are finally getting the master of this defense instead of the cheap imitations. Miami's numbers look pretty good when you understand the fact they played the majority of the year without Ramsey and a lot of the key guys missed chunks of time.

ALL IN LETS GO!
I'm excited about this, and forgive me if I'm wrong but don't you need good/great linebacking in his system? Like, at the very least better than the Frank and Tom from accounting that we have out there right now?
I think most defenses are going to benefit from good LB play... of course, and CB play...and safety play...and DL play....
I think we may have been too hopeful that Nakobe Dean would be able to fill in to this defense. Can we get our medical team to perform some kind of surgery to remove mass from Jordan Davis and add it to Dean...
I still have hope for Dean. Sometimes it takes guys a couple years to get acclimated to the NFL grind. This is year 3 now and while he hasn't played a full season, he's done all the other stuff. Practice, film, off season, road trips, managing work outs and diet during the year. Dean knows he's on the clock now and his career comes down to what he does this year. Hopefully he stays healthy because I think he gets it right football wise this year.

Too small, he'll never stay healthy.

I can see Pete hanging it up. I could see BB too. Vrabel still has a lot in the tank. Very surprised he hasn't been signed.

I can see Pete hanging it up. I could see BB too. Vrabel still has a lot in the tank. Very surprised he hasn't been signed.
I thought Pete was now a consultant or some **** for Sea?

I thought Pete was now a consultant or some **** for Sea?
Thought that too but heard he still wants to coach.

Have to think BB wants that record.

Dan Quinn was the favorite for Seattle, right?
I think all three of those guys don't have a HC job. BB and Carroll probably are done. Vrabel...maybe takes a year off like Pederson? Obviously no idea if he'd rather chill for a year or jump in on the defensive side somewhere. I'm sure Vrabel could get hired somewhere in some capacity very easily though if not as a HC.

Contrary to popular belief Vic Fangio when he consultant was not helping the defebse but offebse to break down defensive weaknesses.

Howie Roseman also tried to get Patrick Surtain at the deadline. No word of Denver’s asking price was too rich or just weren’t interested in holding discussions at the time
That was quite difficult to read.

Be more cool to other posters here.
It was full of spelling errors, grammatical errors, and was difficult to read. Not sure what's wrong with pointing that out.

Former Packers DC Joe Barry is interviewing with the Eagles to be LB coach, per @SlaterNFL
I'm not gonna hate on it. I'm guessing LBs will be at a minimum *more important" under Fangio's scheme. I was reading up on him (Fangio) and he coached the Saints LB's back in the day called the "Dome Patrol" and I guess they were one of the best units of all time. Joe Barry knows the scheme, seems to make logical sense.

Former Packers DC Joe Barry is interviewing with the Eagles to be LB coach, per @SlaterNFL
I'm not gonna hate on it. I'm guessing LBs will be at a minimum *more important" under Fangio's scheme. I was reading up on him (Fangio) and he coached the Saints LB's back in the day called the "Dome Patrol" and I guess they were one of the best units of all time. Joe Barry knows the scheme, seems to make logical sense.

Linebackers coached by Vic Fangio:

Rickey Jackson
Vaughan Johnson
Sam Mills
Kevin Greene
Cornelius Bennett
Jamie Sharper
Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Roquan Smith

Rickey Jackson
Vaughan Johnson
Sam Mills
Kevin Greene
Cornelius Bennett
Jamie Sharper
Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Roquan Smith
Yeah I saw some of those names last night and was like "damn those are a lot of top 1-5% guys in there"

The #Eagles are interviewing former #Jaguars DC Mike Caldwell for their LBs coach job under new DC Vic Fangio today, source said. Caldwell interviewed for the DC job before Fangio claimed it.

Rickey Jackson
Vaughan Johnson
Sam Mills
Kevin Greene
Cornelius Bennett
Jamie Sharper
Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Roquan Smith
yes please

Rickey Jackson
Vaughan Johnson
Sam Mills
Kevin Greene
Cornelius Bennett
Jamie Sharper
Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Roquan Smith
Whoa. That's some serious **** right there.

Eagles LB coach D.J. Eliot, DB coach D.K. McDonald and DL coach Tracy Rocker had seven years of NFL coaching experience COMBINED prior to last season.

Joe Barry has 22 years of NFL coaching experience.

Mike Caldwell has 16 years of NFL coaching experience.
HOLY S*** I didn't realize how unbelievably inexperienced the entire defensive coaching staff was this last year. Wow.

Eagles LB coach D.J. Eliot, DB coach D.K. McDonald and DL coach Tracy Rocker had seven years of NFL coaching experience COMBINED prior to last season.

HOLY S*** I didn't realize how unbelievably inexperienced the entire defensive coaching staff was this last year. Wow.

pretty dumb looking back on it

The #Eagles are interviewing former #Jaguars DC Mike Caldwell for their LBs coach job under new DC Vic Fangio today, source said. Caldwell interviewed for the DC job before Fangio claimed it.
If we get Caldwell, I am going to be very happy.
Biggest thing to take from this IMO is that they’re looking for tons of experience to fill spots. Given our talent and expectations this should have been the goal a year ago.

That's one of those "Damn he's a genius" moves if it works but when it doesn't, it looks like pretty much what happened.

Rickey Jackson
Vaughan Johnson
Sam Mills
Kevin Greene
Cornelius Bennett
Jamie Sharper
Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Roquan Smith
To be fair, I would look like a good coach with those guys

If we get Caldwell, I am going to be very happy.
Biggest thing to take from this IMO is that they’re looking for tons of experience to fill spots. Given our talent and expectations this should have been the goal a year ago.

I'm just happy they are cleaning house. I was afraid winning one playoff game this year would make them hesitant

Per rapsheet now

The #Eagles are expected to hire #Chargers OC Kellen Moore to be their new coordinator, per me and @TomPelissero. One of the top OCs around, Moore was blocked from all interviews until Jim Harbaugh was hired.

He quickly lands in Philly after an interview in Cleveland.

Per rapsheet now

The #Eagles are expected to hire #Chargers OC Kellen Moore to be their new coordinator, per me and @TomPelissero. One of the top OCs around, Moore was blocked from all interviews until Jim Harbaugh was hired.

He quickly lands in Philly after an interview in Cleveland.
Love it and love the experience! Hope he’s not one and done.

With Fangio and Moore- Siri’s seat gonna get hot if they don’t look better this year, I imagine.

This offseason is gonna be really interesting to see what Howie does.

With Fangio and Moore- Siri’s seat gonna get hot if they don’t look better this year, I imagine.

This offseason is gonna be really interesting to see what Howie does.
Yep, I love it. If it fails then clearly it was more a Nick problem and he will be gone after next year. If it works, then we know it was the co-ordinators.

I absolutely LOVE the 2 hires. Pretty much best possible outcome. Now lets see what Howie does with the roster.

I like the Moore hire a bit better than Fangio, but we haven’t had much luck with former Cowboys having success here so 🤞

I think Moore bringing motion to the offense is the biggest point in favor of this being a way to improve.

All 4 teams playing in the championship round today were top half of the league in using motion at the snap, with 3 of those 4 teams in the top 6.

Chargers were 8th, with Moore as OC. Eagles were dead last.

Yeah I don’t get the love for this hire. Don’t get me wrong he’s worlds better than what we had here and should improve the play calling but I don’t think he’s all world or anything. One thing I would have liked is a hard *** that would hold these guys accountable. I get the feeling that was lacking last year (on both sides of the ball). Bienemy would have filled that role. Whatever. I’m not against Moore I’m just not as high on him.

One thing I would have liked is a hard *** that would hold these guys accountable. I get the feeling that was lacking last year (on both sides of the ball).
In this new "Head Coach as CEO" setup they have going on, isn't that what Tomlin, the Harbaughs, etc. do?

One thing I would have liked is a hard *** that would hold these guys accountable. I get the feeling that was lacking last year (on both sides of the ball).
In this new "Head Coach as CEO" setup they have going on, isn't that what Tomlin, the Harbaughs, etc. do?
Sure but I think Nick is one of the guys and more of a buddy than a disciplinarian. Like, when you look at Sirianni does anyone see Tomlin?

Fangio can be the bad cop. It’s a known fact that Bienemy is tough on his players, especially the QB. I think that Jalen could use some tough love. The Jalen/Johnson dynamic reminds me of the Carson/Press Taylor ****. You can’t have your friend coaching you up. You need a coach to do that. Moore strikes me as too passive. But we’ll see I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread