What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (8 Viewers)

What's the point of signing Ertz if your not gonna play him?
I guess the coaches have faith in Firsker
Hope he’s up to speed in time and he wasn’t? Have him ready for the Super Bowl? In case someone got hurt in practice this week?

Detroit playlist bumping now, I am getting so fired up. Just give me a good close game with no BS and let the chips fall where they may.

Eatin' on pierogies, goose mixed with Sobe
Smokin' on a OZ, pimpin' like a O.G
If you never knew me, then you probably never know me
Blade on me homey mask on like Shinobi
Ball so hard, got a MVP trophy

What's the point of signing Ertz if your not gonna play him?
I guess the coaches have faith in Firsker
Hope he’s up to speed in time and he wasn’t? Have him ready for the Super Bowl? In case someone got hurt in practice this week?
The 5pm report of who's inactive today will be interesting, James Houston is still a possibility to play.
Fingers crossed to see The Problem back in a Lions uni

At Buddy’s now. Coney dogs were a big hit. Time for some Detroit style pizza. And maybe a beer or two… 🍺

What Buddys? I want to start drinking but it is too early. Going to wait until the first quarter of Lions game is over before I have a beer. When I am nervous watching a game the beers go down way too fast.
The one near the stadium. Come on over!

I was at Home Depot in Plymouth, there is a Buddys next door. Thought you might be there.

At Buddy’s now. Coney dogs were a big hit. Time for some Detroit style pizza. And maybe a beer or two… 🍺
Stop it ! So jealous and wish I was in Detroit right now. Was always the plan if they ever got this far but have unfortunately ended up with work commitments I can’t get out of. I’m a fan of Lafayette Coney the narrower one not on the end. Dirtier and better chilli imo Love Detroit pizza as well, I have blue steel sheet pans over here in Scotland and make them at home.

Enjoy it all tonight

That second half has been horrible but the Lions can hold their heads high. They’ll continue to improve.

I wasn’t trolling, I really thought the game was over. Heartbreaking loss for the Lions but you guys have a hell of a team and a bright future under Campbell.

We briefly went over this in another thread, but I remember being heartbroken in 2003 when the Red Sox collapsed in an utterly abysmal way in Game Seven of the ALCS. Back then, the Achilles' heel we had was our bullpen and one starter too few. But then we went out in the offseason and remedied the things that were holding us back (including firing the manager, which you don't need to do at all).

In 2004, we won it. It was rewarding as heck.

You guys remind me of that 2003 team. You just need a piece or two more to get over the hump. It wasn't about going for it or not going for it on fourth down—don't let that rattle you in the next few days. It was about having some holes in your squad that you can address.

That's it. You guys were great. Big ups to ownership, the GM, the coach, and the players on a fine year.

The results might not necessarily get better (it's football, if you haven't spotted the hole in my analogy), but at least you've got a good process that has yielded positive results. And that process and management is all one can really hope for. The rest of it? The chips will fall where they may.

Copying from other thread:

Still an amazing year for the Lions. Most people's highest hopes were winning the division and winning one playoff game.
Winning 2 and being up 24-10 (people might say 24-7, but that's ignoring SF having the ball) is both thrilling and heartbreaking.
Still a young team, still definitely some holes. But if you told me in August they'd lose to SF by 3 in the NFC championship, I would've signed on for that.
Hard not to look forward to next year.

Now to avoid Sports radio for a few days. Maybe a few weeks.

Feel bad for you guys. Felt a little solidarity as a Jets fan, with the exception that you actually have a great team and well-run franchise.

It’s of little solace, but most of the country was rooting for the Lions as well. Hopefully they can run it back - losing Ben Johnson would be tough, but there’s some good coaching depth - part of being a well-run franchise.

Great fun run since the start of last season. Kind of played out how I thought since the draft. Because they neglected defense at the top of this last draft they were not ready to compete for the championship. With that said it was an awesome run that exceeded expectations and they should be in position to improve the defense to make a serious run moving forward.

The question marks are:
Can they recover from losing Ben Johnson
Is Goff the QB for the next step, especially without Ben

Feel bad for you guys. Felt a little solidarity as a Jets fan, with the exception that you actually have a great team and well-run franchise.

It’s of little solace, but most of the country was rooting for the Lions as well. Hopefully they can run it back - losing Ben Johnson would be tough, but there’s some good coaching depth - part of being a well-run franchise.

The Lions were playing with house money this year. This team was built slowly and methodically. It is loaded with 23 year olds kids who will all be coming back. This team has not peaked and are missing important pieces in particular CBs and another edge rusher. And they need to start gettting depth on yhe OL. The Lions lost to a more complete team, although they did have them on the ropes in the first half. They had their chances at delivering a knockout blow and they did not. Disappointing, but this is where they are at in the process.

Congrats on a great season Lions fans. And welcome to what it feels like to be a Vikings fan. A different kind of disappointment than your usual. You have an up and coming team though and thats exciting.

I'd like to say that no matter what I might think in the game thread, the fact is I would buy DC a beer and give him a big hug for taking the Lions as far as he has and as fast as he's been able to turn them around. I doubt seriously this is the last we see of them on a deep run.

Even when I disagree with some of Campbell's decisions, I still have a lot of respect and admiration for that man, wish I could be as disciplined as he is, my life would be better for it.
You hear what i'm saying? Yeah we can a MMQB and we can all criticize and quite frankly he deserves a good bit of it but the the fact is Detroit has not seen this type of football game since 1991 or 1993, whatever the year they didn't have a 24-7 lead at Half time and get as close as they did today to the Super Bowl so credit Dan Campbell and his staff and the entire fan base there in Detroit

This was/is one of the better stories in the NFL and I'm proud to know and post with all the Lions fans that have stayed true for all these years
You guys rock and you make a lot of us keep the faith in our own teams.
Don't ever stop being the same, be it the NFCC or the No 1 pick in the Draft, you stay classy Detroit
:thumbup:

-I'm exctited to see what they do next

Lions 3rd quarter:
  • 4th-down drop by Josh Reynolds
  • Kindle Vildor dropped INT --> 51-yard completion Aiyuk
  • 3rd-down drop by Josh Reynolds
  • Lost fumble by Jahmyr Gibbs
  • Punt coverage botched by Chase Lucas
49ers 2nd half possessions:
  • FG
  • TD
  • TD
  • FG
  • TD
  • Downs (end game)
There were plenty other coulda-woulda-shoulda plays but bottom line is the Lions players didn’t make plays when they needed to, and the 49ers players did.

Doesn’t matter, sometimes the other team is just better. Back to player acquisition & replacing coaches, they have a great core group to add to, next season they should have another good team.

Great fun run since the start of last season. Kind of played out how I thought since the draft. Because they neglected defense at the top of this last draft they were not ready to compete for the championship. With that said it was an awesome run that exceeded expectations and they should be in position to improve the defense to make a serious run moving forward.

The question marks are:
Good questions

The question marks are:
Good questions
The Lions will promote from within and they will continue without missing a beat. Goff will get an extension and Hooker will have another couple years to develop behind Goff.

I was rooting for you guys and feel your pain. That offense is going to be a problem for the NFL if Goff can continue to be effective. Cant point to many weakness other than Goff and Campbell's tolerance for risk. I'm sure they'll try to sort out the Defense in the draft this year. Hoping for a Texans v. Lions SB in 2025 🤞

Lions 3rd quarter:
  • 4th-down drop by Josh Reynolds
  • Kindle Vildor dropped INT --> 51-yard completion Aiyuk
  • 3rd-down drop by Josh Reynolds
  • Lost fumble by Jahmyr Gibbs
  • Punt coverage botched by Chase Lucas
49ers 2nd half possessions:
  • FG
  • TD
  • TD
  • FG
  • TD
  • Downs (end game)
There were plenty other coulda-woulda-shoulda plays but bottom line is the Lions players didn’t make plays when they needed to, and the 49ers players did.

Doesn’t matter, sometimes the other team is just better. Back to player acquisition & replacing coaches, they have a great core group to add to, next season they should have another good team.
I got uneasy when they ran St Brown up the middle on 3rd and 5. St Brown was playing halfback.
This was the play before the first Reynolds drop. Thought they were being too cute.

The flea flickers on first down didn’t work. Not much was working due to drops and SF stopping the run.

Purdy hurt them with his legs.

Calling for the run on 3rd down at the goal was just bad football. Needed the time out to give you the option of playing defense.

Ironically if Campbell hadn’t kicked the fg at end of second half and went for it in the long run it may have put them ahead by 1 point.

As to this if you kicked the fg at end of half think you stay with that.

Watched Campbell’s presser and it reminded of the presser after Baltimore kicked the 66 yarder to deny him their first win in his first season

The culture in Detroit has changed. You guys have a ton to look forward to!

And a heads up - yall play in SF next season, maybe we will get a week 1 rematch!
There's no crying in Detroit tonight
Nothing but good times ahead and you got one bad *** Head Coach
He just needs to know when it's time to retreat and kick a FG

-MoP the GM for Detroit...I don't say a bleeping word to DC but I go out and get the best kicker I can afford and just let him know he has a new weapon any time he wants
I also would get him anything else he thinks he needs on Offense, another OL, a 2nd TE although La Porta is plenty, JAMO looks promising, maybe a couple playmakers at DB
I would not rock the boat much here

I would wear a shirt that says I ♥️ Dan Campbell into the office every day just to make sure there is no hazy on where I stand

Users who are viewing this thread