What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (2 Viewers)

Through the third episode of Echo. It's not bad; but not neccessary, IMO. Felt like it would have been better by going in a different direction in regards to styling it up a bit; tightening up the story and making it one of those hour long "specials" like Werewolf By Night or Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special.

Can Deadpool Save the MCU?
It looks like a great movie, but it feels like a dead cat bounce.
But who knows? Maybe this is the start of a course correction. The only other project they have this year is the D+ series Agatha something or other.
That could be a good sign that they're now actually going to use some of the more popular/famous characters they have. Fingers crossed.

But who knows? Maybe this is the start of a course correction. The only other project they have this year is the D+ series Agatha something or other.
That could be a good sign that they're now actually going to use some of the more popular/famous characters they have. Fingers crossed.
Watching a couple reaction and "what details you missed in the trailer" videos and so far the feeling seems to be that they will use Deadpool to clean up the time lines, like we saw him do post credit in DP2 and with the TVA involved. Playing off the 4th wall breaks as more of a superpower than just an inner monologue and joke mechanism.

May resemble the recent Flash movie with who seems to be involved. Hopefully it's better.

Not sure if these are spoilers but here we go: Trailer does show Pyro from X2 & X3. Garner as Elektra was announced. The comic book at the end when we see Wolverine is the Dr Doom cover leading to Battlefield Earth

I am looking forward to it though. Most excited for this and Daredevil.

Looking forward to this one. Kind of a snoozefest on the movie side lately. Glad to see we'll get one more run with DP. By far one of my more favorite characters, both on the screen and in the comic books.

But who knows? Maybe this is the start of a course correction.
If they handle the X-Men and Fantastic Four correctly, they can turn things back around. Obviously they could easily screw those franchises up as well and further bury themselves.

I actually liked Multiverse of Madness and GotG Vol. 3 quite a bit so 2 of the last 4, for me, were winners (didn't see the Marvels) - Thor was silly and Wakanda Forever was dull (although I did like how they handled Namor).

ETA: I left Antman out of the last four movies - while I didn’t hate it as much as some in here (mostly because of Major’s performance), it wasn’t something I need to watch again and had a lot of silliness as well.

Last edited:
I think this is how I'd rank the post Endgame movies.
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  • The Marvels
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • Thor: Love and Thunder
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  • Eternals

• Spider-Man: No Way Home- I liked this one, it was fun
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3- meh, glad GoG is done, 3 was enough
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings- I was entertained enough, glad I watched it at home
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home- Enjoyable
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever- kind of dull, disappointing for that reason
  • The Marvels- it was ok but didn't really add anything
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness- I still don't get it 🙁
  • Thor: Love and Thunder- meh
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania- The eff??
  • Eternals- :sleep::sleep::sleep: not sure i finished it even after three sittings
Should add I didn't like Loki at all. I'm burned out on TVA/Multiverse stuff

I am forever hopeful that there can be a turn around but the air went out of my balloon when I saw Kang Dynasty was still listed on the release schedule.

• Spider-Man: No Way Home- I liked this one, it was fun
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3- meh, glad GoG is done, 3 was enough
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings- I was entertained enough, glad I watched it at home
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home- Enjoyable
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever- kind of dull, disappointing for that reason
  • The Marvels- it was ok but didn't really add anything
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness- I still don't get it 🙁
  • Thor: Love and Thunder- meh
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania- The eff??
  • Eternals- :sleep::sleep::sleep: not sure i finished it even after three sittings
Should add I didn't like Loki at all. I'm burned out on TVA/Multiverse stuff
Then you probably won't like the remaining slate of movies. All signs are pointing to it centering around the multiverse storyline with the TVA being involved.

• The Marvels
  • Eternals
This is my list almost identically. I did not hate Eternals as much as others so it may tie for last with Quantumania for me.

Given that Quantumania was far more important to the over all story line than Eternals, Quantumania is by far the biggest disappointment for me.

I haven't hated any of the movies. Have rewatched most of them at least once, except Eternals and maybe Quantumania. Keep thinking about rewatching Eternals as it wasn't that bad. But in the scheme of the MCU for me, its at the bottom along with Thor Dark World.

• The Marvels
  • Eternals
I did not realize this until now because I think Black Panther tricked my mind but you forgot about Black Widow.

=========

Note that Spiderman Far From Home is technically the end of the Infinity Saga even if it really feels like Endgame should be

• The Marvels
  • Eternals
I thought Black Panther 2, Ant Man, and Eternals were truly awful, why am I wasting my time with this nonsense, viewing experiences and I’d move all three of those into their own tier at the bottom. Otherwise this looks about right to me.

I am 2/3 of the way watching the marvels after 2 nights. Had cub scouts, etc, and by the time we get the kids to bed there is not much time.

The villian stole the plot from a 40 year old mel brooks movie. There is a near infinite amount of oxygen and hydrogen in space to make an atmosphere/water, but lets just suck it up from other planets :oldunsure:

I get that superheros don't make sense, but everything else should in the movie. At least Kamala's family reacts what I would imagine a family of a teenage superhero reacts. They are the only thing in the first 2/3 of the movie that actually makes sense.

Last edited:
My son received a Marvel encyclopedia recently as a gift. We’re reading it every night. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you guys, but there are a lot of characters in this universe.

I thought I knew most of them. Maybe 10%?

Kind of incredible.

• The Marvels
  • Eternals

This is a really good list. The sad part is if you add all the movies before End Game none these would even be close to the top 5 and maybe only Spider-Man would be close to top 10.

• The Marvels
  • Eternals
I did not realize this until now because I think Black Panther tricked my mind but you forgot about Black Widow.

=========

Note that Spiderman Far From Home is technically the end of the Infinity Saga even if it really feels like Endgame should be
Yeah I forgot about Widow, probably because it was set between Civil War and Infinity War and doesn't feel part of the post Endgame phases. I think it would have been better received if released then and not when it was. I enjoyed most of it.

Probably would slot it in just under The Marvels.

• The Marvels
  • Eternals

This is a really good list. The sad part is if you add all the movies before End Game none these would even be close to the top 5 and maybe only Spider-Man would be close to top 10.
Probably right. I would say NWH to The Marvels, for me, would be middle of the pack. MoM down would be closer to the bottom.

Marvel Studios offered up a Valentine's Day present for fans: the cast of "The Fantastic Four."

The studio announced, via an adorable, Valentine's Day-themed Instagram post, that the reboot will star Pedro Pascal (as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Vanessa Kirby (as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (as Ben Grimm/The Thing) and Joseph Quinn (as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch).

Additionally, Disney announced on Wednesday that "Thunderbolts" and "The Fantastic Four" are now swapping release dates, with "Thunderbolts" opening two months earlier on May 2, 2025 and "The Fantastic Four" hitting theaters on July 25, 2025.

Vanessa Kirby :wub:

Marvel Studios offered up a Valentine's Day present for fans: the cast of "The Fantastic Four."

The studio announced, via an adorable, Valentine's Day-themed Instagram post, that the reboot will star Pedro Pascal (as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Vanessa Kirby (as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (as Ben Grimm/The Thing) and Joseph Quinn (as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch).

Additionally, Disney announced on Wednesday that "Thunderbolts" and "The Fantastic Four" are now swapping release dates, with "Thunderbolts" opening two months earlier on May 2, 2025 and "The Fantastic Four" hitting theaters on July 25, 2025.

Pedro is on a heck of a run.

I am having a hard time seeing "Eddie Munson" as Johnny.

I am having a hard time seeing "Eddie Munson" as Johnny.
My thoughts exactly. I don't see him in that role. I don't know who else I would cast, but I see him and keep thinking "Chrissy wake up, I don't like this..."

Last edited:
  • The Marvels
  • Eternals
That’s a fair ranking. Personally:
  • BREAK
  • BREAK
  • The Marvels
  • BREAK
  • Eternals

Not MCU obviously but the horrid reviews for Madame Web are pretty funny. 18% on rotten tomatoes last I checked.
I thought every single SONY spiderverse film - once Spider Man transferred to Marvel - were incredibly bad- and this one looks like the worst of all. Morbius was horrendous and while many liked the Venmon movies, I did not.

Oberyn could have used those stretchy powers. 🤯

I grew up mostly on 80s Marvel. Some storylines that I think would make awesome MCU movies/series (not all of these are 80s stories and maybe some are already being considered):

Kraven's Last Hunt
Mutant Massacre
The Morlocks
Daredevil: Born Again
Thor and Beta Ray Bill
Redo of FF/Silver Surfer/Galactus
Spider-man (If This Be My Destiny - Aunt May dying in hospital and Spiderman has to find a stolen experimental cure that could save her life)

Hopefully Secret Wars will be done well.

Hopefully Secret Wars will be done well.
The 80s Secret Wars was a big part of me getting into comics when I was young. I really liked the storyline and idea. I never got into the more recent version. I e heard it's nothing like the original 80s version.

With that said, I heard the movie will be more like the recent version with Battleworld and multiverse characters. I'm sure it can be done well, just not sure it will be done well.

The studio announced, via an adorable, Valentine's Day-themed Instagram post, that the reboot will star Pedro Pascal (as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Vanessa Kirby (as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (as Ben Grimm/The Thing) and Joseph Quinn (as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

Not feeling it. I hope I’m wrong.

My son received a Marvel encyclopedia recently as a gift. We’re reading it every night. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you guys, but there are a lot of characters in this universe.

I thought I knew most of them. Maybe 10%?

Kind of incredible.
My son has the same and has about memorized it. He knows just about every character, no matter how small. Fun to watch him get excited about someone I've never heard of.

The studio announced, via an adorable, Valentine's Day-themed Instagram post, that the reboot will star Pedro Pascal (as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Vanessa Kirby (as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (as Ben Grimm/The Thing) and Joseph Quinn (as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

Not feeling it. I hope I’m wrong.
I love Pedro but he doesn't feel like Reed to me. I do like Vanessa as Sue and Ebon as Thing. Jury out on Quinn as I've only seen him as Eddie.

Somebody on Twitter said Madame Web makes Morbius look like Citizen Kane. I may have to actually see this.
From Times (UK) review on Rotten Tomatoes. "In its sheer mind-boggling awfulness, it represents the death of the superhero genre, the burning of the superhero genre to the ground and then the returning in the middle of the night to piss on the superhero genre’s ashes."

Somebody on Twitter said Madame Web makes Morbius look like Citizen Kane. I may have to actually see this.
From Times (UK) review on Rotten Tomatoes. "In its sheer mind-boggling awfulness, it represents the death of the superhero genre, the burning of the superhero genre to the ground and then the returning in the middle of the night to piss on the superhero genre’s ashes."

Sony's attempt at a pseudo-spider-verse just doesn't work. Everyone needs to stop trying to make background characters a thing. Making some of the Avengers in their Phase 1 movies "realistic" or "believable" is what made the whole thing work -- plus a well-woven together story and great villain with real stakes at risk. Everything else has gotten too big or too fake.

Kraven's Last Hunt
Unfortunately SONY is releasing a Kraven movie and it looks bad.
Here is the trailer:

maybe it will be ok from an action movie perspective.
Not a fan of this one. They are trying to make Kraven look sympathetic and the nice guy. Kraven is an arrogant, egotistical big game hunter. He's not sympathetic or empathetic. He goes only for the kill. Thats what made him such a good villain for spider-man. My son likes Kraven and wants to see this one. I'm not so sure. I told him we'd likely sit this one out and he can watch when it starts to stream online. I have a feeling Kraven will be the second coming of Madame Web.

Users who are viewing this thread