What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (5 Viewers)

This legit? Seems like a potential big deal?
They'd be wise to do better than "autism-like" in their initial findings. Far too vague to understand what they are suggesting is happening. I guess it's worth a watch, but it has a REALLY long way to go. Will be interesting to see what component of the vaccine they focus in on and their explanation for why it would behave differently in a vaccine from regular behavior in the body.

Ended up getting Covid for the first time at the very end of August 2023. About 10 days ago—started to experience some weird and horribly painful muscle spasms in my abdominal area (like to both sides where my ribs are). This was coupled with an unsettled stomach and digestive issues. I thought maybe I had some sort of food poisoning or food allergy—but a few days later—ended up getting massive congestion in my nose, and would get moments where I’d have really bad coughing attacks and shortness of breath. I ended up taking a covid test—and was negative. A day later, I sprayed some cologne on—and realized that I could not smell a thing (I lost all of my smelling in August when I first got covid—but I had probably regained 50-60% of it before last week when I realized I had lost it again). I took another test—and sure enough I tested positive. Effectively I went from not getting covid for 2.5 years, to getting it twice in a period of a few months. I’m finally starting to feel better now—but I still do get the muscle spasms from time to time, and my sense of smell is still completely gone. My energy levels suck as I feel very fatigued—but I’m glad that I’m testing negative now and can build my way back up again. Good luck out there everybody.

Thought I was gonna die yesterday. Fainted a couple of times, dry heaving, dizzy and out of it. The ambulance dudes picked me off the bricks outside, and rushed me in to the hospital. My kids were watching and horrified. I had Flu A, sinus infections, and Covid in December. I have a NASTY sinus infection now, and had gone to see my doctor yesterday afternoon for an antibiotic. Somehow I tested positive for Covid again this morning at the hospital, and positive for some other cold thing I am forgetting. EKG, heart exam with the gel, lung x-ray, and white bloods were all good fwiw.

Last night I took antibiotics, safe cold syrup, nasocourt, and like 20 Musinex cough drops. After the ER Dr talked to poison control, she said in addition to having Covid again, I OD'd on COUGH DROPS ffs! She said it different,
but basically that. Apparently they are not really cough drops, and over 12 eaten in 24 hours can cause issues. I was treating them like Halls, as they are next to them at the store and packaged and priced the same. Home now, feeling a bit better (coughing like a mofo and dizzy), but what a horrible month! Just wanted to tell everyone in case I go to heaven or something before baseball list is due.

Feel better brother!
Getting there. Still coughing a bit much, but otherwise getting better quick it seems.

Second go round with Covid this week. Las time was like a severe flu - this time was like a really bad sinus infection. But with no energy - not the worst time to stay indoors and sleep a bunch and plenty of sports to watch.

Pretty sure I picked it up from a guy at work. He was sick, missed a day and then came in - said he home tested and was negative and then days later he tells us he lost his sense of taste and smell. WTH man!

I have heard that recently there were adult men that had covid and were fainting like me around NYC. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the newest variant. It was pretty scary. Hope they sort our a proper Vax for it.

People With COVID Can Go To School And Work: New CA Guidelines
You no longer have to isolate if you're asymptomatic with COVID-19, according to the latest California state guidelines.
CALIFORNIA — Test positive for COVID-19? As long as you don't have any symptoms, you can go to work or school, according to new guidelines from state health officials.
The California Department of Public Health this month rolled back its previous rules, which directed people infected with COVID-19 to isolate for at least five days even when they don't have symptoms. After years of the some of the strictest COVID-19 protocols in the nation, California's new guidelines are more lax than the federal recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Not all Golden State school districts have adopted the policy change as of Monday, however.
“Instead of staying home for a minimum of five days, individuals may return to work or school when they start to feel better,” the CDPH said in a statement.
People who test positive can now go about their lives (while still wearing a mask) as long as their symptoms are improving and they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours. People who test positive but never develop symptoms don't need to isolate, according to the CDPH order.
Masking requirements haven't changed: People who test positive should wear a mask around other people indoors for the 10 days after they test positive or become sick. People can stop wearing a mask sooner than 10 days following two sequential negative tests at least one day apart, health officials said.

Second go round with Covid this week. Las time was like a severe flu - this time was like a really bad sinus infection. But with no energy - not the worst time to stay indoors and sleep a bunch and plenty of sports to watch.

Pretty sure I picked it up from a guy at work. He was sick, missed a day and then came in - said he home tested and was negative and then days later he tells us he lost his sense of taste and smell. WTH man!
My experience as well, which sucks cuz I always have sinus infections this time of year. Wouldn't of even tested but I couldn't stay awake during a training session at work which despite being boring af, thought was extreme. No cough or lung stuff like last time. All sinus, congestion, tired and occasional headache; weird.

People are effing stupid. What are you gonna do.

Portland is thawing out from an ice storm that pretty much shut the city down for 3-4 days. I'm hoping that puts a severe dent in recent COVID spread.

Poo water has definitely been trending down after peaking early January, maybe due to all the severe weather around the country?

How you feeling @jvdesigns2002 ? Hopefully you are all better now. 😀

I lost my voice and breathing is still sketch at times but it seems to be improving a bit here.
Hey fam, thank you for asking. I’m glad that you are improving. I’m still feeling the effects of Covid—but I’m hopeful with each passing day. My sense of smell is still basically at 0%. My sense of taste has improved nominally to slightly—I’d say that I’m maybe at 25-30%. My biggest challenge has been the once or twice a day cough attack reminders that I’m not back to normal. Basically every night when I lie down to sleep, and every morning I‘m in the shower I basically have horrible coughing attacks. Coughing attacks that are so hard that they cause me to spit up or even strain abdominal muscles. My energy levels seem to be improving daily and my fatigue issues seem to be improving. I really appreciate you asking how I’m doing. I hope that you continue to improve and recover.

I've read a lot about how covid can mess up your digestive system but has anyone read anything about how it can improve it? I've had bowel issues for a few years now and peppermint oil and the occasional Beano usually do the trick. I just got done with my 3rd covid infection and I swear, since getting it, my digestive system feels almost normal.

So are we just done with boosters for this? Seems they have made the assumption that they can cycle it in with the flu shot but the variants and surges need to be targeted in the summer.

So are we just done with boosters for this? Seems they have made the assumption that they can cycle it in with the flu shot but the variants and surges need to be targeted in the summer.
I got one a month or two ago
I got one back in September or October. I'm kind of assuming that this will be an annual thing for a while, and that's fine IMO.

I got one a month or two ago
I got one back in September or October. I'm kind of assuming that this will be an annual thing for a while, and that's fine IMO.

Same - think mine was October. Totally anecdotal but I’m at the end of getting it - been about 10 days and still struggling a little. The severity was worse the first time I had it so if the booster helps lessen the symptoms I’ll gladly get one each Fall.

I just finished my 3rd go round and this was the most mild of them all. Barely more than a cold. I got the original 2 shots but never got a booster.

Eta...wife had even fewer symptoms than me. Just some congestion.

Are the boosters less "potent"?

I have not had a shot since the the first booster because they knocked me on my *** for 2 days if not longer each time (Moderna)

I didn't get this booster because Im a slacker,(had jj and pyz previously) and it put me in the hospital. Family all got new booster and they got it but not very bad. Just sayin.

Has Novovax indeed turned out to be more mild than the mRNA vaccines (typically)? My wife is done with the mRNA shots because they put her on the couch for 4 days, but if Novovax is easier to take then I'd like to get her boosted.

Why havent they done what they normally do to make the vaccines lighter on the side effects at this point? I thought that in an effort to rush out the vaccines, they didn't do this because it takes more time, but now they've had plenty of time I feel.

Why havent they done what they normally do to make the vaccines lighter on the side effects at this point? I thought that in an effort to rush out the vaccines, they didn't do this because it takes more time, but now they've had plenty of time I feel.
Not sure what you're asking. They can't control how your body reacts to foreign proteins it finds.

Not sure what you're asking. They can't control how your body reacts to foreign proteins it finds.

The can, kind of. One of the docs can give the details, but vaccines like the flue vaccine are engineered to produce as little side effects as possible. The original Covid vaccines did not go through this process because the emphasis was on getting them out quickly into trials.

My question is, by now they should have had enough time to factor in the lesser side effect stuff, or you would think. Have they done any of this?

The can, kind of. One of the docs can give the details, but vaccines like the flue vaccine are engineered to produce as little side effects as possible. The original Covid vaccines did not go through this process because the emphasis was on getting them out quickly into trials.

My question is, by now they should have had enough time to factor in the lesser side effect stuff, or you would think. Have they done any of this?
I'd be interested to know how they control that. I DO know, in the old vaccines, the quantity of protein presented was/could be controlled and there were also a bunch of foreign (to the body) ingredients that could be altered. Those ingredients don't exist in the mRNA vaccines neither does the protein. With the mRNA vaccines the protein isn't part of the vaccine rather the instructions to make the protein (or part of it) are provided. That instruction then triggers the immune response.

Which vaccine did those with severe side effects get?

I've had all Moderna (original shots and all boosters) and most have knocked me on my *** for 24 hours

From my understanding, Phizer targeted the smallest dose necessary to get an immune response while minimizing side effects. Moderna pushed the envelope on dose and went with the largest dose possible with tolerable side effects.

So Phizer might offer the benefit of lower side effects over Moderna.

I wasn't able to source the Novavax last fall, but was very interested in trying it.

Wife is down with both Strep and Covid right now. Preschools really are a fountain of germs.

Could try just not putting as much stuff in the shot?
That's exactly what Moderna did. The booster dose is only half the OG vaccine dose. (Or at least it was shortly after my first booster -- I don't know if that's still the case).

FWIW, my last booster left me feeling under the weather for a full day. Not a complaint, but I can see why this puts a damper on booster uptake.

I've had all Moderna (original shots and all boosters) and most have knocked me on my *** for 24 hours

From my understanding, Phizer targeted the smallest dose necessary to get an immune response while minimizing side effects. Moderna pushed the envelope on dose and went with the largest dose possible with tolerable side effects.

I wasn't able to source the Novavax last fall, but was very interested in trying it.

Wife is down with both Strep and Covid right now. Preschools really are a fountain of germs.
Had Pfizer. 1st shot no big deal 2nd and 3rd put me on my butt for half a day maybe each? Havent had any of the rest

Last edited:

3/8/21 Moderna shot 1 - extreme headaches, chills and lethargy for 36-48 hours in length. Came on about 8 hours after my shot - and went away just as quick
4/5/21 Moderna shot 2 - headache was mild but chills, muscles body aches, all i could muster to get out of bed to do anything 48-72 hours in length
11/19/21 Moderna shot 3 - same symptoms as 2 but a touch shorter about 48 hours worth of blech

so yeah I would really like to know if these updated booster are going to mess with me for 2-3 days

3/8/21 Moderna shot 1 - extreme headaches, chills and lethargy for 36-48 hours in length. Came on about 8 hours after my shot - and went away just as quick
4/5/21 Moderna shot 2 - headache was mild but chills, muscles body aches, all i could muster to get out of bed to do anything 48-72 hours in length
11/19/21 Moderna shot 3 - same symptoms as 2 but a touch shorter about 48 hours worth of blech

so yeah I would really like to know if these updated booster are going to mess with me for 2-3 days
I mean the current booster is the variant that peaked at exactly the time I got it last year and has just 5% prevalence as best I can tell now. While I can't say I got that specific variant I don't see a huge rush to feel crappy for it. Will wait for the next drop.

You no longer have to isolate if you're asymptomatic with COVID-19, according to the latest California state guidelines.
CALIFORNIA — Test positive for COVID-19? As long as you don't have any symptoms, you can go to work or school, according to new guidelines from state health officials.
The California Department of Public Health this month rolled back its previous rules, which directed people infected with COVID-19 to isolate for at least five days even when they don't have symptoms. After years of the some of the strictest COVID-19 protocols in the nation, California's new guidelines are more lax than the federal recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Not all Golden State school districts have adopted the policy change as of Monday, however.
“Instead of staying home for a minimum of five days, individuals may return to work or school when they start to feel better,” the CDPH said in a statement.
People who test positive can now go about their lives (while still wearing a mask) as long as their symptoms are improving and they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours. People who test positive but never develop symptoms don't need to isolate, according to the CDPH order.
Masking requirements haven't changed: People who test positive should wear a mask around other people indoors for the 10 days after they test positive or become sick. People can stop wearing a mask sooner than 10 days following two sequential negative tests at least one day apart, health officials said.

This kind of came and went without much notice earlier this week ... but the CDC has followed California's lead and closed the barn door:

Americans who test positive for the coronavirus no longer need to routinely stay home from work and school for five days under new guidance planned by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC plans to recommend that people who test positive for the coronavirus use clinical symptoms to determine when to end isolation. Under the new approach, people would no longer need to stay home if they have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of medication and their symptoms are mild and improving, according to three agency officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share internal discussions.

(Supposed to be a gift link -- if it doesn't work, let me know)

This kind of came and went without much notice earlier this week ... but the CDC has followed California's lead and closed the barn door:

Americans who test positive for the coronavirus no longer need to routinely stay home from work and school for five days under new guidance planned by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC plans to recommend that people who test positive for the coronavirus use clinical symptoms to determine when to end isolation. Under the new approach, people would no longer need to stay home if they have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of medication and their symptoms are mild and improving, according to three agency officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share internal discussions.

So basically officially "just a cold/flu" now.

Both of my parents are positive right now. My mom had a 102 fever and cold symptoms. They gave her Pax. My dad had no symptoms, but tested positive. They told him to isolate for 5 days for some reason. He had Covid not too long ago and took pax. Not sure if this counts as a rebound or not.

I assume this is based on updated data and studies that show transmission declines enough 24 hours after the fever to justify this updated guideline, right....? Right.....? What happens if you never get a fever?

The problem with this is that most of America is only going to read the headline and think they can go out whenever. Nobody's going to read that last paragraph there and more people will end up sick. People are already stupid and going out and about while sick. This will just make it worse.

The problem with this is that most of America is only going to read the headline and think they can go out whenever. Nobody's going to read that last paragraph there and more people will end up sick. People are already stupid and going out and about while sick. This will just make it worse.

Yeah, that's why I called it closing the barn door. The horses have been running free for a bare minimum of two years (and in a lot of places, longer). I understand, also, that low-to-no-symptom carriers aren't thought to much spread COVID (maybe not down to zero chance, but far less than the person visibly shedding virus through e.g. uncontrollable coughing). Similar for other respiratory illnesses.

I agree with you about going out and about while sick. Anecdotally, around here ... I can at least say it's a lot less common today to see people at stores, at work, public services, etc. with obvious respiratory symptoms than it was pre-COVID.

Had Moderna for the 1st, and the 2nd, as well as my first 2 boosters. The 2nd shot, and both boosters made me feel like trash for 24 hours - honestly as bad as the one time I actually got COVID, but for a shorter time.

Had Pfizer for my 3rd booster, and I felt fine. Will go that route going forward unless I get COVID with the Pfizer booster.

So my son tested positive tonight. He was fine all day mostly, then all of a sudden he was just dead tired. 102 fever now and doesn’t want to move.

I have slept with him the last several nights. I don’t feel 100%, but what dad of young kids does? I tested negative tonight.

I am supposed to have an in-person meeting with several partners tomorrow. What is the protocol and what is the right thing to do? If negative, go, regardless of a minor sore throat or feeling extra tired? Or stay home if even mild symptoms, knowing there is a case and exposure in the house?

So my son tested positive tonight. He was fine all day mostly, then all of a sudden he was just dead tired. 102 fever now and doesn’t want to move.

I have slept with him the last several nights. I don’t feel 100%, but what dad of young kids does? I tested negative tonight.

I am supposed to have an in-person meeting with several partners tomorrow. What is the protocol and what is the right thing to do? If negative, go, regardless of a minor sore throat or feeling extra tired? Or stay home if even mild symptoms, knowing there is a case and exposure in the house?

I would reschedule the meeting or try to do it virtual.

Go to meeting, wear mask

Tell the people what is up and why you aren't there. With the technology we have, this should be a no brainer.....goes with the flu, colds, etc too....not just COVID

On day 37 of Covid. I'm assuming at this point I have some level of long Covid or just long recovery. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in weeks - stayed about 7 hours, came home and was exhausted and felt bad - slept for about 13 hours.

Seems like it's going to take months for me to get my energy levels back.

On day 37 of Covid. I'm assuming at this point I have some level of long Covid or just long recovery. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in weeks - stayed about 7 hours, came home and was exhausted and felt bad - slept for about 13 hours.

That sucks. Have you had any of the vaccines?

That sucks. Have you had any of the vaccines?

Got the 2 doses when they first became available and then got a yearly one with the flu shot the last 3 Falls. At least, I think that's been what I've gotten - I think 5 doses total.

Tell the people what is up and why you aren't there. With the technology we have, this should be a no brainer.....goes with the flu, colds, etc too....not just COVID

I opted this route. Just is a gray area now, as nobody is required to isolate due to exposure. I am negative without a fever, but have a mild sore throat and headache, and am exhausted. But I also was up with him until 2am last night, as he couldn't sleep and threw up a few times too.

Users who are viewing this thread