What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin.

More like Pollard>>>>>>Swift.
These things you say about Swift are considerably more applicable to Pollard IMO but I think they are really not very dissimilar.
Pollard was exceptionally efficient until his injury in the playoffs a year ago. Swift was only ever efficient in 2022, when he had his smallest workload ever.

Pollard is a FAR better tackle breaker (overall rusher really) who has at least equal big play ability (possibly quite a bit more if he gets some speed back being further removed from his injury), Swift is probably a slightly better pass catcher, though he's coming off a career worst season there.

I think Swift has no business as an NFL starter, and I'd have rather taken a RB in round 3 than signed Swift and been confident I was getting at least an equal player. As a Bears fan, I really hate this move, even if it were for half the money it is. I just don't think Swift is a good runner.

Gabe Davis to the Jags on a 3-year deal.

That probably means Ridley is leaving, and its hard not to view that as a downgrade for the Jags.
Agreed. I wonder what the decision process on G Davis over Ridley?
Can only image it was $$ related as Ridley would draw lots of $$ attention.
Rumors of NE & KC needing his skill set.

Not a owner of Davis but I think this is not a good option for him other than $

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin.

These things you say about Swift are considerably more applicable to Pollard IMO but I think they are really not very dissimilar.
Pollard was exceptionally efficient until his injury in the playoffs a year ago. Swift was only ever efficient in 2022, when he had his smallest workload ever.

Pollard is a FAR better tackle breaker (overall rusher really) who has at least equal big play ability (possibly quite a bit more if he gets some speed back being further removed from his injury), Swift is probably a slightly better pass catcher, though he's coming off a career worst season there.

I think Swift has no business as an NFL starter, and I'd have rather taken a RB in round 3 than signed Swift and been confident I was getting at least an equal player. As a Bears fan, I really hate this move, even if it were for half the money it is. I just don't think Swift is a good runner.
I'd say Pollard was efficient until he was asked to be more then a COP.

Swift has been efficient his entire career. Not sure what you are basing that opinion on.

Don't at all agree that Pollard is a better tackle breaker, not remotely.

That probably means Ridley is leaving, and its hard not to view that as a downgrade for the Jags.

I've always thought if Davis were capable of more, it would have happened in Buffalo. He had that monster game against KC, and has basically done next to nothing since, and that was in the 2021 playoffs. He was the Bills #5 passing game weapon by the end of the season.

He's a solid vertical threat, but that's about it. If he's the #2, I'm fully expecting 100+ catches out of Christian Kirk next year.

I wouldn't touch Pollard with a 10 foot pole in fantasy. If Levis is the QB, he is seeing a stacked box all season and getting pulled at the goal line.

RIP Tony Pollard's fantasy relevance.

He's a solid vertical threat, but that's about it. If he's the #2, I'm fully expecting 100+ catches out of Christian Kirk next year.
Not sure I have much faith that Davis will settle in as the #2 option. That probably goes to Engram, and Zay Jones may very well out-target Davis. Maybe even Parker Washington if he continues to ascend.

Good news for Swift considering people were saying he’d have no interest and might have to settle for a backup or 3rd down role. Bears struck quick and for starter $. Roschon didnt show a ton and got injured, Herbert can never stay healthy and is in his last year of his contract. Likely a new QB and hopefully some other help for that team in FA and draft.

Don’t like it for Pollard, going from one of the best offensive lines to dead last by PFF and Spears muddles things greatly. Over/Under on # of games before Pollards injured if he gets Henry’s kind of volume?

A few people are reporting that Jax still trying to resign Ridley, but seems hard to buy.

From a purely fantasy angle it looks to me like the Jags replaced a guy they would go entire halves without throwing to for a guy the Bills would go entire games without throwing to.

Well, Gabe is 24, Ridley is 29. Gabe is a willing blocker, unsure about Ridley. Gabe hasn't had psychological issues that forced time away. Ridley lost abundant time suspended and has been erratic. Both have proven to be productive when used in an offense, and have mystery disappearance which could be their issue or not. I see it as a toss up, but give credit to Davis for age and willingness to block.

Well, Gabe is 24, Ridley is 29. Gabe is a willing blocker, unsure about Ridley. Gabe hasn't had psychological issues that forced time away. Ridley lost abundant time suspended and has been erratic. Both have proven to be productive when used in an offense, and have mystery disappearance which could be their issue or not. I see it as a toss up, but give credit to Davis for age and willingness to block.

I'm out on Ridley. 29 is where stars start to fade on what is likely his last big contract in the league.

Not surprised he hasn't been signed yet. His meal ticket was Jacksonville. It's not his fault the Jaguars collapsed but if you're the GM there, you're not going to reward anybody there with an extension.

He had 1016 yards in 17 games. That's like a Lee Evans, aging Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald statline... Give me literally any of the Top 5 WRs from this class.

He'll even Xavier Worthy can get you 1,000 yards in 17 games. Sorry Ridley! It was nice when you were young, but like the rest of us your expiration date is coming soon.

I'd say Pollard was efficient until he was asked to be more then a COP.

Swift has been efficient his entire career. Not sure what you are basing that opinion on.

Don't at all agree that Pollard is a better tackle breaker, not remotely.
Swift has been one of the worst tackle breakers in the NFL for his entire career. 2022 was the only season he wasn't near the bottom of the NFL in yards after contact. He's been very fortunate to play his entire career with good to elite OLs.

Pollard has been one of the best tackle breakers in the NFL his entire career, until 2023, where he was still better than Swift, just like he has been every year of their careers.

I will agree Swift is an efficient pass catcher. Though its somewhat concerning that Philly seemed to like/trust Gainwell a lot more on 3rd downs/2 minute drill situations.

Good news for Swift considering people were saying he’d have no interest and might have to settle for a backup or 3rd down role. Bears struck quick and for starter $. Roschon didnt show a ton and got injured, Herbert can never stay healthy and is in his last year of his contract. Likely a new QB and hopefully some other help for that team in FA and draft.

Don’t like it for Pollard, going from one of the best offensive lines to dead last by PFF and Spears muddles things greatly. Over/Under on # of games before Pollards injured if he gets Henry’s kind of volume?
I don't think the Titans offense will look anything like it has in recent seasons. The run the ball and play defense Vrabel style is a thing of the past.

Swift is a Bear

They are saying 3/24 with 15 guaranteed, we'll see about that, but that they went after him like they did is great for how they view him.

ETA-Garafalo now saying he'll get $16.5M over first two years of the deal, so an $8.25M two year deal is what it's most likey to look like. Solid.
That's gonna be in the running for worst deal of FA in my opinion.

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin. Montgomery got less last year and is also a much better RB than Swift.

Swift was a downgrade from Miles Sanders for the Eagles last season.
No he wasn't. Swift had about the same amount of yards with about 40 less touches to Sanders 2022 season. It's actually amazing considering how underused he was with our idiot OC.

Josh Jacobs to GB.
Did not see that one coming. Lions better work to improve their team and not sit around.
Very surprising RB destinations so far with Swift, Pollard and Jacobs. Not the teams discussed in the free agency buzz, with PHI, DAL, HOU, NYG, LAC as the main ones.

May mean that a few of these rookie RBs are going to be very fantasy relevant right away.

Swift is a Bear

They are saying 3/24 with 15 guaranteed, we'll see about that, but that they went after him like they did is great for how they view him.

ETA-Garafalo now saying he'll get $16.5M over first two years of the deal, so an $8.25M two year deal is what it's most likey to look like. Solid.
That's gonna be in the running for worst deal of FA in my opinion.

Swift has proven he's a COP RB. Khalil Herbert is a better runner by a wide margin. Montgomery got less last year and is also a much better RB than Swift.

Swift was a downgrade from Miles Sanders for the Eagles last season.
No he wasn't. Swift had about the same amount of yards with about 40 less touches to Sanders 2022 season. It's actually amazing considering how underused he was with our idiot OC.
Yeah, I'm not getting the Swift hate. I've heard people say Pollard is better. Maybe they aren't a Cowboys fan, LOL.

I'm hearing Philly wanted him back, but can't blame Swift for wanting to leave the way they underutilized him. It was bizzare.

NFL FA and Twitter(X) go together like peanut butter and jelly. Love this time of year but got to say it almost always disappoints me for what I like to see happen for my fantasy teams.

But I'm someone invested in Kyle Pitts, Drake London, and Swift and I'm having myself a day.

Oh ****, I just realized I have to put Pitts back on my draft list. Don't hurt me again, big fella. :(

Khalil Herbert and Jordan Addison, just two "swift" kicks to the old beanbag. OUCH!

on my other team Bijan gets a bump, and Pittman signs with Colts.

Waiting for Saquon's landing...... .....waiting no more, Philly.

Last edited:

Strange day one signing but Antonio Gibson to NE.

It really isn’t when you look at it…they only have one RB on the roster in Stevenson (unless you count Kevin Harris and I don’t)…they needed more there and with all their holes they may need to use their picks elsewhere or at least their higher ones…my guess is he becomes their 3rd down RB…I actually like this move.

Henry, Ekeler, Moss and Singletary still to go on the FA RB front.

Low key, this might be a positive for Dobbins (if they re-sign him) or Mitchell if Baltimore doesn't land any of these guys.

It really isn’t when you look at it…they only have one RB on the roster in Stevenson (unless you count Kevin Harris and I don’t)…they needed more there and with all their holes they may need to use their picks elsewhere or at least their higher ones…my guess is he becomes their 3rd down RB…I actually like this move.
Emphasis on day one, usually backup/third down Rb's take a little more time.

Emphasis on day one, usually backup/third down Rb's take a little more time.

Not sure why that really matters…Pats got a ton of cap space and a big need…they are not in a position to get cute.

Users who are viewing this thread