What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2024 Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh to host 2026 NFL Draft (5 Viewers)

I didn't realize he was only 24 years old. Really hoping Queen works out.
Was also surprised at how young.

Hope he works out as well but if he does not the structure of the contract was great.

He'll cost $13.84M this year and that includes his signing bonus. Really all 3 year of his deal are designed to allow the team to assess his worth year to year.

This is the first move I kind of question. Not sure how good Jackson is though. Can he man the slot?

When Cleveland gave up what they did for Jeudy I was worried DJ wouldn’t bring a lot.

This is the first move I kind of question. Not sure how good Jackson is though. Can he man the slot?

When Cleveland gave up what they did for Jeudy I was worried DJ wouldn’t bring a lot.
I still can't tell you how good Jackson is but it does not look like we got much back for DJ because it appears he was a give away and Carolina they were going to cut him if they did not trade him.

I don't think I like this trade right now, hope they got a plan at WR.

https://twitter.com/josephperson

I still can't tell you how good Jackson is but it does not look like we got much back for DJ because it appears he was a give away and Carolina they were going to cut him if they did not trade him.

I don't think I like this trade right now, hope they got a plan at WR.

https://twitter.com/josephperson

PFF ranked Jackson 64 out of 127.

Told you DJ was gone.

Yep, you did

If the Steeler's are dumping Diontae Johnson due to culture issues, I'm fine with that. Plus, we all know he wasn't going to get a second contract. Unless 2024 turned into 2021. Steelers pretty much banished him to the Siberia of the NFL with the most meddlesome owner and where Bryce Young could end up a bust. I still feel with a competent QB he's a 1k WR.

Donte Jackson's pro day at LSU he ran a 4.31 so the guy has speed.

Any chance the Stiller's make a run at any one of these available WRs.
Tyler Boyd he could make for a nice 3rd receiver.
Calvin Ridley: Not so much I would think his asking price is to high.
Marquise Brown
Curtis Samuel
OBJ: Sorry you're not going to sucker me into drafting you in ff next year.

Tyler is the most physical out of the group. Maybe the Stiller's will trade for a WR on an existing team that's already signed.

A couple players I have heard Steelers fans say they would like the team to sign have signed with other teams.

Poyer with the Dolphins
Gay with the Saints

Marquise Brown
Curtis Samuel

Tyler is the most physical out of the group. Maybe the Stiller's will trade for a WR on an existing team that's already signed.
I can see Boyd since you know we got to bring a Pitt guy home..

So far I think it's been a great offseason for the Steelers. Huge bump to Georgie Boy for fantasy purposes, things are coming around for the Steelers. You guys went 9-8 last year and 9-7 the year before, you'd like to think that Wilson gets them at least 2 more wins that Pickett wouldn't, right?

So I think you guys can easily be a 11-12 win team. I'm not getting ready to crown anybody, but you have to be excited about your team's prospects.

Last edited:
Marquise Brown
Curtis Samuel

I could definitely see the Steelers taking a WR at #20. Brian Thomas would make a lot of sense, and Ladd McConkey honestly wouldn't be crazy there.

Assuming Ridley's price is too high, though maybe Wilson's tiny deal makes Ridley affordable, I think a cheap 1 year flier on a guy like Michael Thomas (or Beckham, though he's likely more expensive) would make some sense. I think he has more upside than Boyd, and more downside as well, but its not like Boyd is moving the needle. I think Calvin Austin has some talent and could probably be a #3 if need be, so I like signing more of a boom/bust guy than a safe pick.

Another thing to keep in mind with Arthur Smith, is we'll be seeing as much 2-TE sets as any team in the league. The #2 pass catcher will probably be Freiermuth, and maybe Darnell Washington breaks out a bit in year 2.

Users who are viewing this thread