What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (3 Viewers)

He went in the early 2nd of all my leagues. Couldn’t pry him away in any of those dynasty leagues during the year as the owners were big believers despite the early struggles for targets. Kelce is near the end, Toney & Moore are busts, Hardman sucks too. MVS needs to be cut asap and no way he is retained due to his contract. I think KC needs to add at least two good pass catchers via combo of the draft and FA but they need some o’line help in a big way too. It’s a deep WR and OT class giving them options. My guess is they sign a big name outside FA WR, a guy like Mike Evans may not be too expensive at his age but there are some nice options outside of him. Use their 1st on a tackle, the 2nd on another WR is my guess. That would leave Rice with more competition but probably in line to be the #2 as Kelce ages out, not a bad option for fantasy.

Grabbed Rice at 1.12 in one league and 2.6 in another. Went a 1.7 :oops: in my 3rd league or I would’ve grabbed him at the top of the 2nd if he made it there.
Fingers crossed they don’t bring in a mega-stud WR this off-season (don’t like my odds)

Grabbed Rice at 1.12 in one league and 2.6 in another. Went a 1.7 :oops: in my 3rd league or I would’ve grabbed him at the top of the 2nd if he made it there.
Fingers crossed they don’t bring in a mega-stud WR this off-season (don’t like my odds)
Might help out Rice actually...

Ok- I think he's definitely trending to stud-land for 2024. Maybe he will be their WR1 due to cap issues and scheme. Finally Reid phased out all of the loser WRs

Anyone concerned about the amount of his touches which are manufactured? That combined with the fact he's basically been the only WR option for the team all season gives me some pause on his current ranking (WR19 / 34 overall on KTC). I think he's played very well, and would definitely consider him a hit as a draft pick, and project him well into next season. But having him as a mid WR2 seems a bit high, and 34 overall feels at least a round too rich for me. Ahead of players like Higgins, Metcalf, KW3, McBride, and Kincaid. Close in value currently to a 2024 mid-1st.

Obv. just started rookie draft prep, but I don't know if I'd be selling dealers choice of the 2nd tier WRs (Thomas/Franklin/Mitchell/McConkey) from this years draft straight up for Rice tbh. If KC doesn't add a significant receiving threat, by all means full speed ahead; but I find it hard to believe they don't. A decent amount of mocks already having them taking Franklin with pick 31/32. I'd be taking Franklin in that case almost every time.

Anyone concerned about the amount of his touches which are manufactured? That combined with the fact he's basically been the only WR option for the team all season gives me some pause on his current ranking (WR19 / 34 overall on KTC). I think he's played very well, and would definitely consider him a hit as a draft pick, and project him well into next season. But having him as a mid WR2 seems a bit high, and 34 overall feels at least a round too rich for me. Ahead of players like Higgins, Metcalf, KW3, McBride, and Kincaid. Close in value currently to a 2024 mid-1st.

Obv. just started rookie draft prep, but I don't know if I'd be selling dealers choice of the 2nd tier WRs (Thomas/Franklin/Mitchell/McConkey) from this years draft straight up for Rice tbh. If KC doesn't add a significant receiving threat, by all means full speed ahead; but I find it hard to believe they don't. A decent amount of mocks already having them taking Franklin with pick 31/32. I'd be taking Franklin in that case almost every time.

It's an interesting topic because for all his success in the pros this year, you don't hear about the possibility he's operating with a limited route tree downfield or on intermediate routes. So yeah, the manufactured touches—the little buttonhook routes, the screens—gives me pause. I'll be interested to see what Matt Harmon says when he charts him.

It's an interesting topic because for all his success in the pros this year, you don't hear about the possibility he's operating with a limited route tree downfield or on intermediate routes. So yeah, the manufactured touches—the little buttonhook routes, the screens—gives me pause. I'll be interested to see what Matt Harmon says when he charts him.
Very much the same. Harmon did bump him up to like WR23/24 I believe in his most recent update. But hinted at some holes in his game finding success against zone coverage.

Yeah I was high on him, especially in redraft. Took him late just about everywhere thinking he'd hit stride by midseason, and he def made me look like I may sometimes know what I'm doing lol. But watching how they were using him, his low adot, the complete and utter break down of nearly all of the other KC WRs.... I just don't think I'd buying right now. Feels like the draft could cause a big swing in value. On the positive side, Mahomes does spread the ball around. So as long as he doesn't regress, and even if they add a top WR option; Rice will very likely at least repeat what he did this year. Which is still a solid win for people who took him at his price in dynasty this year.

I think this year is Rice's floor.

One thing he has accomplished already is his ability to improvise off the play call. Andy Reid gives his receivers leeway there. Rice has already done this a handful of times this year based on the coverage and also how the defender is lined up.

Him and Mahomes will only increase in chemistry.

I think this year is Rice's floor.

One thing he has accomplished already is his ability to improvise off the play call. Andy Reid gives his receivers leeway there. Rice has already done this a handful of times this year based on the coverage and also how the defender is lined up.

Him and Mahomes will only increase in chemistry.
I will defer to your overall Chiefs' knowledge but I am going to be careful drafting Rice next season. It seems like this Chiefs offense is content with spreading things around.... letting their defense slow things down (and Pacheco), and utilize Kelce in key situations. I have a feeling Rice is going to be uber-expensive come August.

My guess is they sign a big name outside FA WR, a guy like Mike Evans may not be too expensive at his age but there are some nice options outside of him.
Still pulling for Rice to step up as a solid fantasy starting WR this coming season. Today's news that Mike Evans got an extension from Tampa helps Rice's potential 2024 outcome just a little bit. Evans was one of the names some observers had penciled in for KC.

Before the acquisition of Hollywood Brown I thought there was a pretty good chance that the Chiefs would bring in a top-flight WR (by FA, trade, or the draft) and long term Rice would settle in as high-end NFL WR2, and fall somewhere in the top 20-30 of FF WRs (good, but not great); but now, my expectation for Rice is that he's the #1 WR on KC and he will be a PPR monster with a solid chance to be a FF WR#1 (top 10 overall). Hollywood's presence will aid his production, and Kelce has to begin a decline eventually, right?

I'm don't really do projections (I just vibe my way across the FF landscape), but if I did I'd have to believe that he improves a good deal on his rookie effort of 79 catches (on 102 targets) for 938 yards and 7 TDs . Is 100 receptions for 1300 yards reasonable to expect in 2024, while hoping for 10 TDs? These stats would have been good for WR#4 overall in my ppr in 2023.

Before the acquisition of Hollywood Brown I thought there was a pretty good chance that the Chiefs would bring in a top-flight WR (by FA, trade, or the draft) and long term Rice would settle in as high-end NFL WR2, and fall somewhere in the top 20-30 of FF WRs (good, but not great); but now, my expectation for Rice is that he's the #1 WR on KC and he will be a PPR monster with a solid chance to be a FF WR#1 (top 10 overall). Hollywood's presence will aid his production, and Kelce has to begin a decline eventually, right?

I'm don't really do projections (I just vibe my way across the FF landscape), but if I did I'd have to believe that he improves a good deal on his rookie effort of 79 catches (on 102 targets) for 938 yards and 7 TDs . Is 100 receptions for 1300 yards reasonable to expect in 2024, while hoping for 10 TDs? These stats would have been good for WR#4 overall in my ppr in 2023.

Brown is absolutely the perfect compliment to Rice - a deep threat who can actually catch. And Rice and Kelce are the perfect compliments to Brown - stud underneath guys who force defenses to leave Brown in (at least semi-regular) mano-a-mano looks.

This dude is not Tyreek, but I think the Chiefs finally found a legit Tyreek replacement. Only took them two years of Superbowl trophies to do it.

Brown is absolutely the perfect compliment to Rice - a deep threat who can actually catch. And Rice and Kelce are the perfect compliments to Brown - stud underneath guys who force defenses to leave Brown in (at least semi-regular) mano-a-mano looks.

This dude is not Tyreek, but I think the Chiefs finally found a legit Tyreek replacement. Only took them two years of Superbowl trophies to do it.
It wasn't easy but their fans will be rewarded for sticking with the team through that search.

I wish I'd bought more shares of Rashee Rice last year. He looks like a key piece of the KC offense now but he didn't pop on his college tape, to me at least, and I've been wary of KC WRs since Tyreek left. I just didn't see any explosive traits but he seems to understand the game and how to operate within KC's system. Never been a big fan of Hollywood but I'll be looking for opportunities to buy Rice this year if the price is right.

I wish I'd bought more shares of Rashee Rice last year. He looks like a key piece of the KC offense now but he didn't pop on his college tape, to me at least, and I've been wary of KC WRs since Tyreek left. I just didn't see any explosive traits but he seems to understand the game and how to operate within KC's system. Never been a big fan of Hollywood but I'll be looking for opportunities to buy Rice this year if the price is right.
Yep, I was all in for redraft but missed the boat on dynasty. I now think he’s legit and we should all be looking to add wherever we can

He will release a statement saying his interpreter was driving and this will go away.
Hopefully his “interpreter” wasn’t drunk or high at 6:20 pm. If he was, the “interpreter”could be in big trouble. Maybe Andy can work the phones and see if his sons judge can call in some favors and have one of his colleagues give the “interpreter” the same kind of favorable treatment 👍

He is done
Probably not, unless he killed someone.

This will be negotiated down to a lesser crime. He’ll get a fine and community service. It’s TX, and he’s an NFL player, so he’s gonna get kid gloves.

Unless he killed or seriously injured someone. Then it’s harder to make go away.

He is done

This will be negotiated down to a lesser crime. He’ll get a fine and community service. It’s TX, and he’s an NFL player, so he’s gonna get kid gloves.

Unless he killed or seriously injured someone. Then it’s harder to make go away.
Fleeing an accident is a second degree felony in Texas, and this was a 6 car accident cause by Rice and a friend racing.. It will depend on injuries. The Police called this a series accident, so there were injuries, if someone dies from their injuries, he is in big time trouble Even if someone was hurt, it will depend on the severity on their injuries.

I Never understood how doing this **** and hurting other is always ok.

He is done

Fleeing an accident is a second degree felony in Texas, and this was a 6 car accident cause by Rice and a friend racing.. It will depend on injuries. The Police called this a series accident, so there were injuries, if someone dies from their injuries, he is in big time trouble Even if someone was hurt, it will depend on the severity on their injuries.

I Never understood how doing this **** and hurting other is always ok.
He can run fast and catch a football really well. And he has a lot of money, too. That's how it's ok.

I have a hard time believing this isn't more common and we simply don't hear about it because it's hush hush.
You grow up, buy a super fancy sports car, and race- that sure wasn't my story but for the lucky few, I bet that's common.
ETA the counter of we expect every young millionaire to drive the speed limit with their Lamborghini doesn't seem reasonable

I have a hard time believing this isn't more common and we simply don't hear about it because it's hush hush.
You grow up, buy a super fancy sports car, and race- that sure wasn't my story but for the lucky few, I bet that's common.
ETA the counter of we expect every young millionaire to drive the speed limit with their Lamborghini doesn't seem reasonable
Back when I was younger, my buddy let me drive his souped-up mustang in a large empty parking lot. I almost lost control in a very open environment. I learned about what type of car is too much for me. I'm a good driver, but those things are different animals. I can't imagine just taking a sports car out on the freeway and letting it rip. At least not without a lot of practice first.

This is why every young athlete should have a handler. They’re simply not equipped to do sensible things right out of college and into that level of wealth.

Last edited:
Bit unfair on the large majority who quietly get on with their lives in a perfectly legal and sensible way.

You hear about the morons because they make the news with stupid nonsense like this.
True. Perhaps I should have said “wide receivers” instead. They seem to make up the majority of shenanigans.

Users who are viewing this thread