What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Khalil Shakir, 2.03
Got: Puka Nacua

He offered me the 3.02 (his best pick this year) for Shakir. I countered with this, and he accepted six minutes later. I always get a little nervous when guys snap accept like that, but I'm happy with the deal.
Great trade.

Seriously that's like if JSN was worth the 1.3 most people paid for him last year kind of return.

FFPC 1 QB

He offered me the 3.02 (his best pick this year) for Shakir. I countered with this, and he accepted six minutes later. I always get a little nervous when guys snap accept like that, but I'm happy with the deal.
I think you should be very happy.

FFPC 1 QB

Ah yes, the guy who still believes the rookie rankings matter. JSN could be good (I just acquired him this off season) but this isn’t close unless Puka broke his leg.

I’ve got the 1.04, and I’d love to trade up for the 1.02. 1.02 = 1.04 + ? Would 1.09 be too much, or not enough?

ETA: 12 team 1QB IDPs (IDPs are very important, so second round draft picks are more valuable than a normal league.)

I’ve got the 1.04, and I’d love to trade up for the 1.02. 1.02 = 1.04 + ? Would 1.09 be too much, or not enough?

ETA: 12 team 1QB IDPs (IDPs are very important, so second round draft picks are more valuable than a normal league.)
I am not coming off 1.02 for 1.04 and 1.09 in my leagues, but I don’t play IDP.
This year I have a tier break after 2.

Last edited:
FFPC 1 QB

I like it for you. Seems fair as well.

Too much. I'd want him to toss in a mid second rounder (or some equivalent second asset) if you gave him 1.4 and 1.9.

FFPC 1 QB

I don't even think it's fair.
However, ANY trade can work out in ANY direction, so there's that.

FFPC 1 QB

2.03 is a real asset and I think it's plausible to predict JSN makes a second-year leap as he gets more involved in the offense. I like the Puka side better, but I genuinely think it's fair.

FFPC 1 QB

2.03 is a real asset and I think it's plausible to predict JSN makes a second-year leap as he gets more involved in the offense. I like the Puka side better, but I genuinely think it's fair.
I hate the word "fair" in dynasty trading.
Basically anything that isn't highway robbery is considered "fair"

FFPC 1 QB

Okay. What word would you like me to use?

FFPC 1 QB

Good, bad, great, horrible, close, I can see both sides....

Fair just means anywhere in between equal and not a total ripoff

FFPC 1 QB

My opinion is that is great value for you. I have Smith-Njigba, 2.04, and 2.05, and I would give those three up in a heartbeat for Nacua.

FFPC 1 QB

Good, bad, great, horrible, close, I can see both sides....

Fair just means anywhere in between equal and not a total ripoff
Okay, then "good for our hero but I can see both sides..."

I had the 2 and traded it with javonte Williams for 3 and JSN. But to drop to 4 right now would take a late first. Entirely possible for me to prefer bowers after the draft but not now.

If I had the 4 I’d probably stand pat until the draft. Thomas in Buffalo, bowers in cincy (especially if Tee were dealt), etc makes that pick look different than today.

Got my first Harrison share. 1 QB, PPR.

Gave ARSB/1.02/3.08 for Puka/1.01
This is basically WR 5 and 9 for 6 and 7 per FBG rankings. Really just comes down to how you feel about Puka imo.
I am really surprised at the Puka love around here. Everyone seems to be jumping in with both feet that last year is the norm for him. He was outstanding for sure but there were a lot of things that fell in the right direction for him that may or may not be there for the next couple years (Kupp not being healthy & Stafford being healthy).

Seeing many people basically equating ARSB & Puka is baffling to me. I don't see then as that close.

This is basically WR 5 and 9 for 6 and 7 per FBG rankings. Really just comes down to how you feel about Puka imo.
I am really surprised at the Puka love around here. Everyone seems to be jumping in with both feet that last year is the norm for him. He was outstanding for sure but there were a lot of things that fell in the right direction for him that may or may not be there for the next couple years (Kupp not being healthy & Stafford being healthy).

Seeing many people basically equating ARSB & Puka is baffling to me. I don't see then as that close.
I'm not going to lie. I have some buyers remorse. I think Puka will be fine as long as Stafford is healthy and playing. But ARSB is definitely safer with similar upside.

I can definitely tell you that the Puka love is high on this forum.

Yeah, I really like Puka and all but that was probably a career year as far as catches and yards. As you said, everything just fell right. Obviously he can score more TDs but will need to in order to get to a similar FF overall point production. IMO.

1QB, 0.5 PPR, 10 teams

for
Derrick Henry

Team receiving Henry is win-now, team receiving 1.10 is full rebuild
I get it's often a steal getting any first for a RB as old as Henry, but I think I would hold and he still would pull a lot more once the season starts and he's tearing it up as a Raven. Obviously some risk holding, but I think there is a high probability chance of him putting up very big numbers out the gate and someone willing to pay a lot more than this to put them over the top.

1QB, 0.5 PPR, 10 teams

for
Derrick Henry

Its funny that Henry has been worth a late 1st for ever. I still think this is a good trade. The wheels have to fall off something though, right?

1QB, 0.5 PPR, 10 teams

for
Derrick Henry

I get it's often a steal getting any first for a RB as old as Henry, but I think I would hold and he still would pull a lot more once the season starts and he's tearing it up as a Raven. Obviously some risk holding, but I think there is a high probability chance of him putting up very big numbers out the gate and someone willing to pay a lot more than this to put them over the top.
Maybe. But it sends unlikely for a team to give much more than a first. And then only a contender would make the deal. The 1.10 this year I think is better than a late first next year.

Close enough imo. I wouldn’t give Henry where I have him for it but only because I’m contending.

Equitable deal but prefer your side a little.

Situation could evolve people will take anything to go from 1 and 2 and be glad they don't have to make a decision but I still got MHJ atop my board and more then that just like sitting on the pole position and that all means more to me then 3.8, honestly more then 2.8 in the leagues I'm holding 1.1 right now.

Dynasty consensus seems to favor ARSB over Puka and I don't really know why. This is actually the third thread in last few days that made me consider ARSB over Puka and honestly it's a tough call, if I removed rookies they'd be touching each other in my rankings. If you are a value trader you got a little more value on ARSB, but for my best efforts projecting actual long term value and performance I got them as even as even can be. ETA-I reached a point I concluded I like Puka's upside more, holding his collegiate injury history a little against him is why I'm still torn.

Last edited:
1QB, 0.5 PPR, 10 teams

for
Derrick Henry

Don't like older players, especially older RB's and still have to say this is fine. Henry's an outlier, still year to year and might need his workload/playing time manged again like last year, but he's for sure in an intriguing offense, the half PPR Format makes him a little more valuable vs Rb's in full PPR and trade makes sense for a contender to get him and win now to move on.

1QB, 0.5 PPR, 10 teams

for
Derrick Henry

Maybe. But it sends unlikely for a team to give much more than a first. And then only a contender would make the deal. The 1.10 this year I think is better than a late first next year.

Close enough imo. I wouldn’t give Henry where I have him for it but only because I’m contending.
I agree the 1.10 is better than a late 1st next year but this is a 10 teamer and only 0.5PPR which offsets that IMO. Studs are more important, especially at RB. That will probably be a third tier WR prospect at 1.10 in this format IMO. If I was gonna hold into the season, I'd probably try targeting an injured younger guy in-season or a package deal for a nicer piece than a late 1st. The late 1st would probably be a last-ditch deal for me after exhausting all other avenues.

I guess since it's a 10 teamer you could argue it's less likely someone will need Henry though as teams have more depth. I'd probably have to look at the contender teams and see if I thought I'd have more buyers later than during rookie draft season when vets are at their lowest value or if I am probably stuck with this as my probable best offer.

I wouldn't trade 1.03 for 1.04+1.09.

The offer in of itself is great, but I'm not missing on one of these top 3 WRs.

1.03 this year is a 1.01 in almost any other year.
I’m going to co-opt this for a semi-unique scenario I’m in with one of my leagues.

Non-PPR and lineup reqs are very RB friendly - start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 flex - TE lumped in with WR. The league tends to skew very RB heavy. I checked the last 10 years of drafts and the highest a WR has gone is #3. I suspect that will change this year unless an RB gets good draft capital to a good situation.

Given this structure, would you prefer the earlier pick in this scenario (1.02 or 1.03) or two mid 1sts? I’m currently the owner with multiple mid 1sts and the early pick owners have approached me about moving down. Struggling with the decision because of the league structure devaluing WRs so much.

I wouldn't trade 1.03 for 1.04+1.09.

The offer in of itself is great, but I'm not missing on one of these top 3 WRs.

1.03 this year is a 1.01 in almost any other year.
I’m going to co-opt this for a semi-unique scenario I’m in with one of my leagues.

Non-PPR and lineup reqs are very RB friendly - start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 flex - TE lumped in with WR. The league tends to skew very RB heavy. I checked the last 10 years of drafts and the highest a WR has gone is #3. I suspect that will change this year unless an RB gets good draft capital to a good situation.

Given this structure, would you prefer the earlier pick in this scenario (1.02 or 1.03) or two mid 1sts? I’m currently the owner with multiple mid 1sts and the early pick owners have approached me about moving down. Struggling with the decision because of the league structure devaluing WRs so much.

This crop of RBs is bad. I have close to no interest, because it's a literal dart throw to figure out which one will come good.

Grab a top 3 pick and get a stud WR, even if nonppr

12 team, 1 QB, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PPR

McLaurin and 2024 rookie pick 4.09
for
Zack Moss and 2024 rookie pick 3.08

I'm the team that traded for Moss and I agree with most of the replies to this trade. I'll offer some context. My team has been a borderline playoff team in this league, last year I was the team closest to making the playoffs without making it in (so I have 6th pick in each round). My TE position is strong (LaPorta and Andrews) so I'll probably be using one of them in the flex position each week. My WRs are decent even without McLaurin (DJ Moore, Pittman, Addison, then a lot of meh). QB is questionable (Stafford, Wilson and Young) and RB is pitiful (Montgomery, Spears, Dillon). Given the weakness at RB in the draft this year I didn't expect to get any help at that position. I threw out McLaurin and lots of other players as being available in trade, but not many nibbles. I started sending offers to multiple teams offering McLaurin and sometimes a draft pick for a starting RB (mostly older guys because I wasn't interested in paying the price for a younger starter). All of the rejections I received indicated that other owners had no interest in McLaurin or were unwilling to trade a RB for him. Given his age I was looking to get something for him before he hit 30 next year. Having him on my roster for another season wasn't likely to improve my chances of making the playoffs, or making a run if I did.

I realize Moss is a gamble but if Cincy doesn't take a RB early I'm hoping I get a decent season or two out of him. At least he gives me a possible starter and/or depth at the position. Did I overpay for him? Probably, but given that no one else in the league had shown any interest in him my choice was very limited. I probably should have started my offer with McLaurin for Moss and a 2nd and then hoped to negotiate something else if that was rejected. My frustration at trying to find a trade partner got the better of me. But if Moss gives me points at RB this year I probably won't mind the trade.

12 team, 1 QB, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PPR

McLaurin and 2024 rookie pick 4.09
for
Zack Moss and 2024 rookie pick 3.08

I'm the team that traded for Moss and I agree with most of the replies to this trade. I'll offer some context. My team has been a borderline playoff team in this league, last year I was the team closest to making the playoffs without making it in (so I have 6th pick in each round). My TE position is strong (LaPorta and Andrews) so I'll probably be using one of them in the flex position each week. My WRs are decent even without McLaurin (DJ Moore, Pittman, Addison, then a lot of meh). QB is questionable (Stafford, Wilson and Young) and RB is pitiful (Montgomery, Spears, Dillon). Given the weakness at RB in the draft this year I didn't expect to get any help at that position. I threw out McLaurin and lots of other players as being available in trade, but not many nibbles. I started sending offers to multiple teams offering McLaurin and sometimes a draft pick for a starting RB (mostly older guys because I wasn't interested in paying the price for a younger starter). All of the rejections I received indicated that other owners had no interest in McLaurin or were unwilling to trade a RB for him. Given his age I was looking to get something for him before he hit 30 next year. Having him on my roster for another season wasn't likely to improve my chances of making the playoffs, or making a run if I did.

I realize Moss is a gamble but if Cincy doesn't take a RB early I'm hoping I get a decent season or two out of him. At least he gives me a possible starter and/or depth at the position. Did I overpay for him? Probably, but given that no one else in the league had shown any interest in him my choice was very limited. I probably should have started my offer with McLaurin for Moss and a 2nd and then hoped to negotiate something else if that was rejected. My frustration at trying to find a trade partner got the better of me. But if Moss gives me points at RB this year I probably won't mind the trade.
You sold at the price the market would allow. Nothing wrong with that. Yeah, I would have expected the pick coming back to you to be higher but each owner values players differently and your goal of RB for an aging WR is understandable.
Better to seek too soon than too late

Non-PPR and lineup reqs are very RB friendly - start 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 flex - TE lumped in with WR

Maybe i am missing something here. Even considering non-ppr, only have to start 1 RB should devalue RBs past the few studs there actually are.

Yeah, i was interested in making a big offer to the Puka owner, so I started to break down his stats.

First 4 games of the season (without Kupp playing) 9.7 receptions a game/125.25 yards a game.
Final 13 games (with Kupp back), 5.07 receptions a game/ 70.35 yards a game.

It was enough to make me pause on the offer.

12 team 25 roster, 1 QB Dynasty PPR.

Just completed this trade.

His 1.07 for my Rashee Rice.

Crowd sourced this and 75% favored my side of the deal taking the 1.07 for Rice. A few commented that they would have leaned towards 1.07 side even before this vehicle crash he was involved in.

I'd rather have Rice. I'm not confident that I'd be able to land a guy at 1.07 that showed as much rookie potential and is in as good a situation as Rice. The legal stuff doesn't concern me yet.

Does "the legal stuff" concern you now after the eight charges have just been filed against him, including the one felony?

That trade is looking pretty good to me after this news.

Last edited:
12 team 25 roster, 1 QB Dynasty PPR.

Just completed this trade.

His 1.07 for my Rashee Rice.

Crowd sourced this and 75% favored my side of the deal taking the 1.07 for Rice. A few commented that they would have leaned towards 1.07 side even before this vehicle crash he was involved in.

I'd rather have Rice. I'm not confident that I'd be able to land a guy at 1.07 that showed as much rookie potential and is in as good a situation as Rice. The legal stuff doesn't concern me yet.

Does "the legal stuff" concern you now after the eight charges have just been filed against him, including the one felony?

That trade is looking pretty good to me after this news.

No, today's news doesn't concern me much more than it did a week ago. I'm still buying Rice at discount where I can (and just did so a couple days ago, though obviously that was before today's news). I've also rejected buy-low offers.

It will be months before the NFL takes any action. All we know are the charges, and not many details beyond that. The legal analysis I've seen is that these cases get pleaded down all the time, especially if there's no prior history, which seems to be the case with Rice. So I'm not really worried about the knee-jerk "THIS IS SO BAD" reaction involving the charges.

I agree with you, your trade looks pretty good considering I haven't seen him go for a pick that early since this happened. But in a 1 QB league, I'd still rather have Rice than the 1.07 -- though, admittedly, I would think about it slightly longer now.

Users who are viewing this thread