What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

12 team SF Dynasty League

Gave: Swift
Got: Geno Smith (I had Howell, wanted to pair them together)

Decent trade or did I lose too much value?

Very smart trade for a 12-team SF...Swift is what he is at this point...a solid RB that any fantasy team would happily roster, but I think the ship has sailed as far as the upside many thought he had (i.e. he is replaceable)...in return you lock down Seattle's QB position which should give your roster far more flexibility...the x-factor is what does Seattle do in the draft...with the Howell addition you hope that takes them out of the market for one of those second-tier QBs like Nix or Penix but there is that chance...that being said even if that happens Smith will still probably begin the year as a starter and you only gave up Swift so your exposure is pretty limited...this is a quality deal for you.
The thing about Swift is that he's on his 3rd team and he's only 25. Does he wear out his welcome everywhere he goes? Plus, it's not like he doesn't have a lot of competition on his newest team.
I think that's some bad framing. He had one team under a different regime that drafted him that saw a chance to upgrade in Gibbs and took it. Philly was interested in retaining him but they preferred to upgrade with Barkley. Almost every single RB in the league right now on their second contract is at least on their second team.

As for having comp a few things to consider. That regime seems to view Herbert the way the current Lions regime viewed Swift. Inherited him, never seemed to warm up to him much which is why Swift was the first person signed in UFA.

Now the touches. Feel like I've beat this death discussing Swift over the years but one of the reasons I find him so valuable is that he's shown he does not need a lot of touches. The Eagles year, where IMO he was not used to the best of his skill set, dragged him down but it's still really good. With the Lions he averaged exactly 13 touches a game and produced 14.85 fantasy points a game which to put in context would be RB14 last year and within a point of RB10. When you factor in the Philly season he's up to 14 touches a game, 10.58 carries and 3.48 receptions and 14.17 fantasy points a game. We'll see in Chicago but early world I heard was his pass catching ability was the big draw, to give Caleb as much easy options as possible, which should lead to higher fantasy points per touch.

Also he's missed an average of 2.5 games a season which is not great but not nearly as bad as people seem to think.

FFPC Superflex (not involved) CMC for Chase Brown/Addison/25 1st & 25 2nd
I'm probably riding CMC to the ground for that return. Would need an actual established RB in return with that package - maybe an Etienne or Walker, downgrade the 2nd rounder if need be. CMC all day for this price.
I'm as anti-older RB, older player really, as it gets and even I have to agree with you. I need more meat on the bone or I just wait to move him if my team is not contending. Need to get at least one player or at least a projected high pick back I feel stronger about being a core foundation piece to my future. I actually have Chase Brown on most of my teams, good prospect, not up to level of foundation piece. Addison to me projects as an easily replaceabe mid WR3 for years and I'm guessing those picks are projected late. A lot of stuff in a small roster league, no thanks. Need something more tangible.

I think that's some bad framing. He had one team under a different regime that drafted him that saw a chance to upgrade in Gibbs and took it. Philly was interested in retaining him but they preferred to upgrade with Barkley. Almost every single RB in the league right now on their second contract is at least on their second team.

As for having comp a few things to consider. That regime seems to view Herbert the way the current Lions regime viewed Swift. Inherited him, never seemed to warm up to him much which is why Swift was the first person signed in UFA.

Now the touches. Feel like I've beat this death discussing Swift over the years but one of the reasons I find him so valuable is that he's shown he does not need a lot of touches. The Eagles year, where IMO he was not used to the best of his skill set, dragged him down but it's still really good. With the Lions he averaged exactly 13 touches a game and produced 14.85 fantasy points a game which to put in context would be RB14 last year and within a point of RB10. When you factor in the Philly season he's up to 14 touches a game, 10.58 carries and 3.48 receptions and 14.17 fantasy points a game. We'll see in Chicago but early world I heard was his pass catching ability was the big draw, to give Caleb as much easy options as possible, which should lead to higher fantasy points per touch.

Also he's missed an average of 2.5 games a season which is not great but not nearly as bad as people seem to think.
This is one of my biggest NFL pet peeves, lack of efficient utilization. It is obvious the strength’s of certain players, yet time and time again they try to fit square pegs into round holes at this level. I can tell you during Swift’s time in Detroit I was extremely happy he was not re-signed to an extension. Although a nice space option he is an extremely inconsistent runner of the ball. At times he looked like he did not even know what the play design was and often took a loss when 3-4 yards seemed to there. However, if the playcalling emphasizes him in space he can be effective. He is by no means a “bell cow” and it seems like based on his contract that is how the Bear’s view him. Like you said, it will all depend on how they use him as he is talented enough to get yardage if placed in positions of strength.

I'm probably riding CMC to the ground for that return. Would need an actual established RB in return with that package - maybe an Etienne or Walker, downgrade the 2nd rounder if need be. CMC all day for this price.
I'm as anti-older RB, older player really, as it gets and even I have to agree with you. I need more meat on the bone or I just wait to move him if my team is not contending. Need to get at least one player or at least a projected high pick back I feel stronger about being a core foundation piece to my future. I actually have Chase Brown on most of my teams, good prospect, not up to level of foundation piece. Addison to me projects as an easily replaceabe mid WR3 for years and I'm guessing those picks are projected late. A lot of stuff in a small roster league, no thanks. Need something more tangible.
As I said, I wasn't involved, but this is where I was landing. But, I try not to judge too much. The team sending the picks has the 5th pick this year. Current results are not indicative of future success.

As I said, I wasn't involved, but this is where I was landing. But, I try not to judge too much. The team sending the picks has the 5th pick this year. Current results are not indicative of future success.
Not sure how he doesn't ask for that 1.5 as part of the return for CMC.

Not sure how he doesn't ask for that 1.5 as part of the return for CMC.
THAT I agree with. I would have done that and held firm.

12 team IDP 1 QB 1.5 TE 6 pts per TD pass

I traded away Burrow (4 year contract)
for
Mahomes (open contract I will give 6 or 7 years)

I feel like this is a lateral move but I can put a couple more years on him hopefully I am still alive in 5 years to benifit.

Mahomes was awful for fantasy last year no 2 ways about it cost me a couple of championships but I am hoping he can turn it around.

Not involved

1QB standard ppr

CMC and M Evans

For

J Jacobs, 1.12 and a 2026 1st (guessing top 6)

Team trading for CMC is a very old/probable playoff team. Team trading CMC won the championship last year and still has Barkley and Swift to add Jacobs to.

Not involved

1QB standard ppr

CMC and M Evans

For

Team trading for CMC is a very old/probable playoff team. Team trading CMC won the championship last year and still has Barkley and Swift to add Jacobs to.
Gimme CMC+Evans for a last gasp playoff push. Probably be able to flip both next year for picks back if they stay healthy.

Not involved

1QB standard ppr

CMC and M Evans

For

CMC and Evans side for me also so long as he has any half decent pieces for a run

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Gave: Mixon
Received: 2025 1st (late), 2025 2nd (late)

Last year near end of season I gave up Mixon and my future 2nd for a future 1st

It ended up being I gave up Mixon and 2.12 for 1.08 and I thought that was a great trade because I expected Cincy to move on from Mixon but what I didn't expect is him to get an extension from another team and now is a starter in Houston.

I am kind of bummed getting it right and wrong at the same time. 1.08 doesn't look as good as it did a couple months ago.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

I'd take the picks.

Caserio had a strong off-season last year, deserves some benefit of the doubt but Cincy did not cut Mixon over money and wonder who he was competing with extending him. Understand what he's doing with Diggs and Mixon, trying to maximize the Stroud rookie contract window, just not a fan of his choices as he's invested in two players who look like their better days are behind them.

1.08 doesn't look as good as it did a couple months ago.
What were you expecting?

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

I'd take the picks.

Caserio had a strong off-season last year, deserves some benefit of the doubt but Cincy did not cut Mixon over money and wonder who he was competing with extending him. Understand what he's doing with Diggs and Mixon, trying to maximize the Stroud rookie contract window, just not a fan of his choices as he's invested in two players who look like their better days are behind them.

What were you expecting?
Mixon has been rising up the FFPC startup draft board in a current draft he went after 5 rookies were taken but before the 6th.
I assume he will keep up rising now on a high powered offense and the feature back and looks like he will be locked into the starter for next 2 years (cap hit of $8 million next year)

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

I'd take the picks.

What were you expecting?
Mixon has been rising up the FFPC startup draft board in a current draft he went after 5 rookies were taken but before the 6th.
I assume he will keep up rising now on a high powered offense and the feature back and looks like he will be locked into the starter for next 2 years (cap hit of $8 million next year)
Ok but I don't really care what other people think of Mixon.....last I checked he was already on a high powered offense, which cut him, and not for money.

1QB, FFPC best ball

Orphan I grabbed with no RBs

Gave: Amon-Ra, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Marquese Brown, Dallas Goedert

Got: Garrett Wilson, Puka, 1.03, Burks, Quentin, 2025 mid 2nd

Had to include Amon Ra to get younger across the board. This ain’t a one year rebuild so getting some younger assets was paramount.

1QB, FFPC best ball

Had to include Amon Ra to get younger across the board. This ain’t a one year rebuild so getting some younger assets was paramount.
That’s a tough evaluation but I think you got 3 out of the top 4 players. I’m not as familiar with FFPC as others here but I’d do that in my leagues.

Not involved

1QB standard ppr

CMC and M Evans

For

It’s hard to guess 2026 picks.
I’d prefer CMC and Evans but this seems somewhat reasonable. Presuming you like Jacobs.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

Makes me feel stupid for trading Mixon to move up from 2.10 to 1.08 last offseason. In a RB crazy league. Well I already felt stupid for it, but this is just kind of a good illustration of why. In my defense I thought Mixon was going to be toast because of all the legal stuff going on, but it was after things started looking up a bit that I traded him.

16 team, 1 QB and full PPR:

Traded pick 1.13 and a 2026 3rd (should be a bottom end pick) for Rashee Rice and James Connor.

This is a contract league and Rice can basically be kept forever for virtually free so that made the decision pretty easy for me. I think Mr. Goodell comes down pretty hard on Rice, but I can wait it out. If more sordid details come out and the Chiefs end up cutting Rice (doubtful), then maybe not a great deal. I also need another RB, so Conner will definitely help out this year.

1QB, FFPC best ball

That’s about as much a blockbuster as I’ve seen. I think I like your side more but ARSB is tough to give up.

That you got Puka & Wilson + the 1.03 makes up for it.

Fair. I could take either side. My issue is you still don’t have any RBs. The way you introduced that I expected to see one going your way.

Last edited:
12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

Makes me feel stupid for trading Mixon to move up from 2.10 to 1.08 last offseason. In a RB crazy league. Well I already felt stupid for it, but this is just kind of a good illustration of why. In my defense I thought Mixon was going to be toast because of all the legal stuff going on, but it was after things started looking up a bit that I traded him.
Well it depends what did you get at the 1.08 ? If you took Kincaid or LaPorta or Addison or Flowers it looks good.
If you took QJ and Puka or LaPorta or Achane or Stroud went at 2.10 or later then yep you got boned hard.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

Well it depends what did you get at the 1.08 ? If you took Kincaid or LaPorta or Addison or Flowers it looks good.
If you took QJ and Puka or LaPorta or Achane or Stroud went at 2.10 or later then yep you got boned hard.
I took Kendre Miller at 1.08. The 2.10 was non-rookie Noah Brown. Puka went undrafted. Life is strange.

(*cinematic black and white freeze frame epilogue* Narrator: "Kendre went on to become part of the dump truck load it took for me to get Gibbs. Gave up Garrett Wilson and all the rookies I drafted at #8, #9, #11, #13. Got Gibbs and the guy's first, second, and third this year.")

Traded pick 1.13 and a 2026 3rd (should be a bottom end pick) for Rashee Rice and James Connor.

This is a contract league and Rice can basically be kept forever for virtually free so that made the decision pretty easy for me. I think Mr. Goodell comes down pretty hard on Rice, but I can wait it out. If more sordid details come out and the Chiefs end up cutting Rice (doubtful), then maybe not a great deal. I also need another RB, so Conner will definitely help out this year.
I'd do it if I felt Rice would be out a whole season and I don't think it's going to be anywhere close to that.

But way I see it Conner projects to outperform any rookie you take at 13 this upcoming season so you are likely improving your team next season regardless of Rice status. Odds are you got a strong WR2/RB2 together at some point next season, probably most of it, for the 13th rookie and spare change.

I'd do it if I felt Rice would be out a whole season and I don't think it's going to be anywhere close to that.

But way I see it Conner projects to outperform any rookie you take at 13 this upcoming season so you are likely improving your team next season regardless of Rice status. Odds are you got a strong WR2/RB2 together at some point next season, probably most of it, for the 13th rookie and spare change.
The conversation started when I inquired about Conner. He's really strong at RB and we only have to start one. Our picks didn't really line up for a Conner for picks trade so I brought up Rice and we agreed on this one. He's a really good player (has won the individual IBL a couple times) and the deep WR class figured into it pretty heavily I think. I agree with your take of course.

1QB, FFPC best ball

That’s a tough evaluation but I think you got 3 out of the top 4 players. I’m not as familiar with FFPC as others here but I’d do that in my leagues.
Yes not an easy one to digest.

Way I broke it down.

Puka and ASRB cancels out. I got a slight lean, but I'll just call it even for here.

Wilson and 1.3 absolutely smashes Moore and Metcalf for me and that's where the deal is won.

I like Brown/Goedert over the other parts but not nearly as much as Wilson and the 1.3 over M&M.

Deal makes sense for both sides assuming the other team is in contention mode as I project this trade makes them better over the next season or two. But I think it's a way better deal for a rebuilding team to get what you got and prefer that side in a vacuum.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

I took Kendre Miller at 1.08. The 2.10 was non-rookie Noah Brown. Puka went undrafted. Life is strange.

(*cinematic black and white freeze frame epilogue* Narrator: "Kendre went on to become part of the dump truck load it took for me to get Gibbs. Gave up Garrett Wilson and all the rookies I drafted at #8, #9, #11, #13. Got Gibbs and the guy's first, second, and third this year.")
I was going to say "QJ or Miller" but I tried to stay positive on Miller.
Hey it could be worse you could be me.
I traded away Aiyuk 2 years ago to a team who I wanted to win because I held 2 other picks in his division as I trying to get 1.01 for Bijan.
He gave me what ended up being 12 and 14.
That turned into Spears and Tank Bigsby (I had already taken Miller at 9)
So I gave up Aiyuk and got back Spears and Bigsby........that didn't go well.
Also my quest to get 1.01 went into the tank that guy did not make playoffs he got Gibbs at 1.03 and I ended up with 6,7,9,10 which was Flowers, Kincaid, MIller and Mims.
Talk about having a ton of picks and crapping the draft amazingly what saved my draft was picks 20 and 36 which were LaPorta and Tank Dell.
I would been better having all 2nds-4th rounders and getting those kind of guys like Puka and such then the wasteland that was the top 15 last year for the most part.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

I traded away Aiyuk 2 years ago to a team who I wanted to win because I held 2 other picks in his division as I trying to get 1.01 for Bijan.
Also my quest to get 1.01 went into the tank that guy did not make playoffs he got Gibbs at 1.03 and I ended up with 6,7,9,10 which was Flowers, Kincaid, MIller and Mims.
Talk about having a ton of picks and crapping the draft amazingly what saved my draft was picks 20 and 36 which were LaPorta and Tank Dell.
I would been better having all 2nds-4th rounders and getting those kind of guys like Puka and such then the wasteland that was the top 15 last year for the most part.
I wouldn't feel too bad about Spears right now. He was my pick at #9 that went into the Gibbs deal. Would love to get him back.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

I wouldn't feel too bad about Spears right now. He was my pick at #9 that went into the Gibbs deal. Would love to get him back.
I remain pretty high on Kendre.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

I would really like to have him back too. I just don't know how long Kamara is hanging around and patience can be difficult.

12 team PPR. 1 QB.

Good deal for you.

I would really like to have him back too. I just don't know how long Kamara is hanging around and patience can be difficult.
This is for sure it for Kamara. Last year as a Saint and not guaranteed to be on the team all season.

Mahomes was awful for fantasy last year no 2 ways about it cost me a couple of championships but I am hoping he can turn it around.
I drafted him 1.01 in a start-up 16 team SF IDP league, so it’s my fault, totally.
He finished as a top 10 QB in all my leagues. I wouldn't say that was awful. It's below expectations but definitely not awful. That would be finishing top 15-20 where he isn't startable in a 1 QB league.

I drafted him 1.01 in a start-up 16 team SF IDP league, so it’s my fault, totally.
He finished as a top 10 QB in all my leagues. I wouldn't say that was awful. It's below expectations but definitely not awful. That would be finishing top 15-20 where he isn't startable in a 1 QB league.
Yeah, I considered that aspect as well. He didn’t miss a snap, and was top 10 without a legit WR for much of the season.

The Brown acquisition can only help. Hopefully Rice doesn’t miss a ton of time for Mahomes sake (though he’s still a dumba$$ & deserves 8 games at least)

Yeah, I considered that aspect as well. He didn’t miss a snap, and was top 10 without a legit WR for much of the season.

The Brown acquisition can only help. Hopefully Rice doesn’t miss a ton of time for Mahomes sake (though he’s still a dumba$$ & deserves 8 games at least)
To me the value in Mahomes is you will get a for sure top 10 QB with the potential to be QB1. His combo of floor and ceiling is unmatched by anybody. That is why I value him so highly.

I mean look at the "awful" descriptor. In his awful year he was QB10 at worst. That is still a QB1 in most leagues and he was "awful".

To me the value in Mahomes is you will get a for sure top 10 QB with the potential to be QB1. His combo of floor and ceiling is unmatched by anybody. That is why I value him so highly.

I mean look at the "awful" descriptor. In his awful year he was QB10 at worst. That is still a QB1 in most leagues and he was "awful".
Agreed. Unparalleled value at the position. Even more so in super flex leagues.

He was QB11 in PPG in my leagues, which is FFPC scoring.

And was a lot worse in the second half of the season when money and championships were on the line.

And was a lot worse in the second half of the season when money and championships were on the line.
I own Mahomes as well, but honestly I would have a tough time trading him unless I was getting Allen in return.

19th ppg in my main league after his bye week. 32 teams, players available twice.
His owner still won the championship and went undefeated.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Khalil Shakir, 2.03
Got: Puka Nacua

He offered me the 3.02 (his best pick this year) for Shakir. I countered with this, and he accepted six minutes later. I always get a little nervous when guys snap accept like that, but I'm happy with the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

• jwb