What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (15 Viewers)

Fired off an offer of Gabe Davis and the 3.05 to an owner just to see what happened, got back …

Davis, 2.04 and a ‘25 2nd likely to be very early

This is non SF. Initially I scoffed but I’ve left it sitting there to consider. What say anybody ?
I would sell Davis and the 2 2nds for Rice easily. I wouldn't counter and risk losing the deal. Rice is a very good WR and worth the gamble over a very inconsistent Davis and a couple 2nds.

I'm mean we know what we have in Flowers at this point. He's on a run first offense with a running QB and a defensive minded team. He's sharing targets with M.Andrews, R.Bateman, I.Likely, N.Agholar, J.Hill etc. Last year Lamar threw 28.5 targets per game (456 total) Andrews and likely had around 150 last year leaving 300 for the WR's and RB's. Hard to see Flowers exceeding if not reaching 100 targets.

I'm mean we know what we have in Flowers at this point. He's on a run first offense with a running QB and a defensive minded team. He's sharing targets with M.Andrews, R.Bateman, I.Likely, N.Agholar, J.Hill etc. Last year Lamar threw 28.5 targets per game (456 total) Andrews and likely had around 150 last year leaving 300 for the WR's and RB's. Hard to see Flowers exceeding if not reaching 100 targets.
He already exceeded 100 targets, had production on par with Rice despite all that stuff you listed, which by the way started to lose me when you starting citing Agholor and Hill. That's what I term listing stuff just to list stuff. And fwiw his production did not spike a ton after Andrews went down.

Fired off an offer of Gabe Davis and the 3.05 to an owner just to see what happened, got back …

Davis, 2.04 and a ‘25 2nd likely to be very early

This is non SF. Initially I scoffed but I’ve left it sitting there to consider. What say anybody ?
I would sell Davis and the 2 2nds for Rice easily. I wouldn't counter and risk losing the deal. Rice is a very good WR and worth the gamble over a very inconsistent Davis and a couple 2nds.
Same, I'd also add Davis is a no body to me.

Folks are panicking, I took the risk, sent Zay Flowers for Rice + 3.04 in one FFPC Dynasty league, I'll risk that all day long
I getting buying low on Rice and I plan to send out some feelers tomorrow, but I’m not sure about this one. Maybe I’m higher on Zay than consensus? But I’d have them roughly the same value. I get the concerns with the Baltimore offense, but Zay is really, really good.

Folks are panicking, I took the risk, sent Zay Flowers for Rice + 3.04 in one FFPC Dynasty league, I'll risk that all day long

To each their own, man... But this guy is probably posting this trade to all his friends and laughing.
KTC has it as a fair trade, and Rice had a pretty significant dip in value.

I wouldn't have sold Flowers for Rice straight up before the accident.
I had flowers crazy high last year (predraft) and even higher now.

To each their own, man... But this guy is probably posting this trade to all his friends and laughing.

What do you like about Flowers? What do you see as his stats in 2024?

What do you like about Flowers? What do you see as his stats in 2024?

My feelings on Flowers were well documented pre-draft last season and this past season only made those feelings stronger.

Man getting tackled at the 1yd line suddenly made ppl think he's a bum or something. Was doing everything he could to get that score and it didnt work out

If it did, he finishes that game with 5/116/2 instead of 5/115/1. AFC championship game. Rookie.

Only thing holding him "back" is Lamar. His talent is off the charts. Anyone offering me Rice last week's would've been rejected without 1sec of thought

Sent feelers out in multiple leagues of some 2nds next year, got a counter of 2.02 + Mims in one league I just accepted.

I love the 2.02 range in drafts for prospects this year and think Mims is really undervalued but decided to gamble with Rice.

As long as another shoe doesn’t drop and he doesn’t get cut by KC should be good longterm IMO. My fantasy team can afford to have him miss some games for ‘24 as well. Though I fully expect KC to add at least one pass catcher in the 1st or 2nd round, long-term opportunity-wise Kelce is near the end, and Brown is only on a 1-year deal.

Inquired of the Rice owner in our league on Rice's situation. He said 2-3 game suspension, not worried about it. Why do people have to be so realistic and rational? I wanted a clearance rack deal!
I think he’s being optimistic

Inquired of the Rice owner in our league on Rice's situation. He said 2-3 game suspension, not worried about it. Why do people have to be so realistic and rational? I wanted a clearance rack deal!
Offered 1.12 in one league and 1.11 in another. Neither owner would respond, which is sorry. Left them both up for 48 hours and pulled them both in case some bad news came to light and they rushed to accept.

Offered 1.12 in one league and 1.11 in another. Neither owner would respond, which is sorry. Left them both up for 48 hours and pulled them both in case some bad news came to light and they rushed to accept.
News is already bad

Yeah I always consider it risky to leave a trade offer out there for long, though I do it all the time. But especially a situation like this, you don't want to be asleep with that offer out there.

News is already bad
Not everybody follows the news closely, maybe menobrown hasn't heard about the accident yet and is just trying to screw somebody over 😅

News is already bad
Relatively bad, could be worse. He should be discounted, I obviously don't think it should be discounted as heavily as some selling him do which seems to have crossed the line from discount to panic.

News is already bad
Relatively bad, could be worse. He should be discounted, I obviously don't think it should be discounted as heavily as some selling him do which seems to have crossed the line from discount to panic.
I just acquired Rashee in a 14 team PPR for a 2025 1st. Should be relatively late but I thought a good time to take a shot at a young WR in a good offense who showed up well. There is risk of course but fairly inexpensive way to acquire such an asset.

For those that aren't weed smokers and haven't done the math, 10.8 grams is equivalent to about 2 nickels, and would be valued around $40. Yes, it's a very small amount.
Thanks [2 nickels? (5 grams?)]
Yes, coincidentally, a US nickel weighs 5 grams, so the cops found about 2 nickels worth.
Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram. In the 80s this also fit because a nickel would run $5 and a dime $10. At some point in the early 90s dealers would just stuff as much weed as they could in a dime bag and sell it as a "dub" or double for $20. Rarely ever was it actually 2 grams, but... inflation and all that lol. The next step up in measure and slang tended to be an 1/8th, which was about 3.5 grams, and called such because it's an eighth of an ounce. So really, I'd say they had about 3 eighths. And the value would likely be much closer to $120-150 these days with the exception maybe of California who's prices are in the basement with all the competition; but even there you're not getting 10 grams of good bud for $40. Still a relatively small amount and lower cost all things considered. But had to interject a lil stoner knowledge on this one.

Last edited:
For those that aren't weed smokers and haven't done the math, 10.8 grams is equivalent to about 2 nickels, and would be valued around $40. Yes, it's a very small amount.
Yes, coincidentally, a US nickel weighs 5 grams, so the cops found about 2 nickels worth.
Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram. In the 80s this also fit because a nickel would run $5 and a dime $10. At some point in the early 90s dealers would just stuff as much weed as they could in a dime bag and sell it as a "dub" or double for $20. Rarely ever was it actually 2 grams, but... inflation and all that lol. The next step up in measure and slang tended to be an 1/8th, which was about 3.5 grams, and called such because it's an eighth of an ounce. So really, I'd say they had about 3 eighths. And the value would likely be much closer to $120-150 these days with the exception maybe of California who's prices are in the basement with all the competition. Still a relatively small amount and lower cost all things considered. But had to interject a lil stoner knowledge on this one.
This type of knowledge is why I love the FFA. Couldn’t easily access this type of longitudinal info elsewhere.

Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram. In the 80s this also fit because a nickel would run $5 and a dime $10. At some point in the early 90s dealers would just stuff as much weed as they could in a dime bag and sell it as a "dub" or double for $20. Rarely ever was it actually 2 grams, but... inflation and all that lol. The next step up in measure and slang tended to be an 1/8th, which was about 3.5 grams, and called such because it's an eighth of an ounce. So really, I'd say they had about 3 eighths. And the value would likely be much closer to $120-150 these days with the exception maybe of California who's prices are in the basement with all the competition. Still a relatively small amount and lower cost all things considered. But had to interject a lil stoner knowledge on this one.
This type of knowledge is why I love the FFA. Couldn’t easily access this type of longitudinal info elsewhere.
Ironically, the FFA in high school was where most of us learned how to grow our own. Of course that was the Future Farmers of America for those of us growing up in the sticks.

Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram.

Nickel was always a 5$ bag (half gram) in Canada too, in the 90s. a dime was a 10$ bag (gram).
Never heard otherwise in all my life.... I'm sure all that's changed now, with ounces costing 100-150$... I guess highschoolers are spoiled now, where a dime is probably 2-3gr

Ironically, the FFA in high school was where most of us learned how to grow our own. Of course that was the Future Farmers of America for those of us growing up in the sticks.

In middle school in urban Miami, one of my daughters became president of the FFA chapter at her school. They raised rabbits and grew some plants in the little outdoor space they had. No MJ, they tried to grow passion fruit. I was impressed with the FFA, it provided opportunities such as public speaking. I remember my daughter and her friend also created a passion fruit smoothie using local products.

Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram.

Nickel was always a 5$ bag (half gram) in Canada too, in the 90s. a dime was a 10$ bag (gram).
Never heard otherwise in all my life.... I'm sure all that's changed now, with ounces costing 100-150$... I guess highschoolers are spoiled now, where a dime is probably 2-3gr
It's def all too strong for me these days, that's for sure. Feels like it used to chill me out, now the few times I've tried it since it actually makes me more anxious lol. Very counterproductive :laugh:

In middle school in urban Miami, one of my daughters became president of the FFA chapter at her school. They raised rabbits and grew some plants in the little outdoor space they had. No MJ, they tried to grow passion fruit. I was impressed with the FFA, it provided opportunities such as public speaking. I remember my daughter and her friend also created a passion fruit smoothie using local products.
That's awesome! I always assumed it was a mainly a hick thing. And yeah, growing pot was more of a "members only, after school activity", certainly not endorsed by the school itself haha. Ours was a pretty big deal though since all the local counties have farmers fairs, we would get to enter our vegetable strains into competitions and even win some $$$. Also learned how to actually judge animals like cows and pigs for show. Now I want to dig through the attic and see if I can't find my super cool blue FFA member jacket, though I doubt my gut would be able to still squeeze into it.

Apologies for derailing the thread for a trip down memory lane.

Maybe it's a regional thing; but never in my life was a nickel referenced as 5 grams; like ever lol. A nickel was always a half gram, and a dime bag was a gram. In the 80s this also fit because a nickel would run $5 and a dime $10. At some point in the early 90s dealers would just stuff as much weed as they could in a dime bag and sell it as a "dub" or double for $20. Rarely ever was it actually 2 grams, but... inflation and all that lol. The next step up in measure and slang tended to be an 1/8th, which was about 3.5 grams, and called such because it's an eighth of an ounce. So really, I'd say they had about 3 eighths. And the value would likely be much closer to $120-150 these days with the exception maybe of California who's prices are in the basement with all the competition; but even there you're not getting 10 grams of good bud for $40. Still a relatively small amount and lower cost all things considered. But had to interject a lil stoner knowledge on this one.
Yes, that is why I said coincidentally. I was only trying to say 10.8 grams is equivalent in weight to about two 5 cent pieces. As far as the value of what was found in the car (10.8 grams), let's just say currently I can buy what was in that car for about $40 (from my friend), but at the local dispensary the same amount will cost $150. And yes, it's good bud from my friend. This comes from a fellow stoner, who has been partaking since the late 70's.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant.

does aggrevated assault implies intentional harm (by way of driving under influence)?
I'm not a lawyer but unless they have evidence of that I'm not sure they could use under the influence (but that is a good question). My thinking was along the lines of stunting/racing where it becomes of the aggravated nature? If it was just speeding and say losing control maybe it is different. But once it crosses the line into racing I would bet it raised the level. Again just my thoughts.

Overall it doesn't sound good, especially if the lady with the eye laceration who needed stitches has any long term effects with her sight. That is the serious bodily injury part. This is going to be co$tly for Rice.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant.

does aggrevated assault implies intentional harm (by way of driving under influence)?
How can he be charged with under the influence?

DALLAS -- Kansas City Chiefs' wide receiver Rashee Rice faces charges including aggravated assault after he and another speeding driver of a sports car caused a chain-reaction crash, Dallas police said Wednesday.

Police said that arrest warrants have been issued for the 23-year-old Rice for one count of aggravated assault, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and six counts of collision involving injury.

Arrest warrants for the same charges were also issued for Theodore Knox, 21, who was driving the other speeding sports car, a Corvette, police said.

Police said that Rice and Knox were not currently in custody.

….
….
….

Aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Collision involving bodily injury, a third-degree felony, is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and collision involving injury is punishable by up to five years in prison.

This newest link says "Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case -- six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and one count of aggravated assault, according to the arrest warrant. All of the charges are felonies."

What about fleeing the scene? None of the above charges refer to walking away.
What about littering? Sounds like he left 2 metal hunks in the highway.

I really hope that's the law. IMO, fleeing should not be rewarded if you were intoxicated.
Please note, I’m guessing. But if they’re saying he’s being charged with it, that’s gotta be why.
Nowhere in the link does it mention DUI or DWI. It was only mentioned in here recently by @Pigskin Fanatic and @Big Nate
Ah, ok.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens then. I agree a person shouldn’t be rewarded for fleeing the scene.

Welp. I'm wondering if the panic sellers made out better than expected. The buy-low buyers not so much. Or is it still too early?
Still very early, but the fat lady is warming up.

Could still negotiate to lesser offenses, but each charge carries its own risk.

Definitely still some time for :popcorn:

Welp. I'm wondering if the panic sellers made out better than expected. The buy-low buyers not so much. Or is it still too early?

As a buyer, I fully expected him to at least get a 2-3 game suspension. Even after today's news, I haven't really budged from that. The courts and the NFL both move slowly, and the season is still five months away.

As a buyer, I fully expected him to at least get a 2-3 game suspension. Even after today's news, I haven't really budged from that. The courts and the NFL both move slowly, and the season is still five months away.
2-3 games seem very light considering the charges. A lot depends on whether the charges get reduced, but leaving the scene and the aggravated circumstances are problematic. I'm not sure there will be a lot of warm fuzzies by the prosecution.

Users who are viewing this thread