What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Yeah, particularly the first trade. In a rebuild, I get cashing out on Chubb and Kamara before their value further declines, but he didn't get much value out of it. It seems likely that those picks he got from Team B will all be late round picks.
Yup. The return on Chub & Kamara was so poor the he may as well have rode them to obsolescence. Just terrible.

10 team Superflex

1.05 for Jonathan Taylor
Fair. I would buy JT for that, and I would sell JT for that depending on needs.
Yeah I got offered JT.

1QB/2 RB/3WR/1TE/2 flex/1 superflex. Half PPR. I looked at it as trading one of Odunze or Nabers or the top RB in the class for Taylor. I have a team that is outstanding (should have won last year but lost to the Amari team with the highest points to my second highest by 1 pt in first round lol)

My weakness is TE (Michael Mayer) and RB is Walker, Javonte, JCook, Mostert...felt like a possible Mostert fall off, plus wanting to start 4 RBs if I have the goods in half-PPR, vs what I think is probably like 50/50 the WRs are good or the RB actually falls to me.

FFPC 1 QB

Garrett Wilson

For

Njigba and Davante Adams
I'm not trying to buy or draft Wilson right now out of concerns they add one of the Big 3 WR's or to a lesser extent Bowers because I'm not one who thinks any of those players would help Wilson statistically. A guy like Brian Thomas might. Mike Williams was just the kind of addition you like to see as a Wilson owner, but not one of these top rookie's. Anyway, just think there are decent odds that Wilson's stock takes a little hit if you add a high volume WR or TE to a team with a strong D and running game. Volume>efficiency for me. This is not to say I'm not high on Wilson, I am, just saying I'm holding off on trying to acquire him at his current price due to odds he'll be valued less.

But I was under consensus on JSN when he entered the league and now I'm way under consensus, just not someone i put a lot of value on and Adams is old with massive QB concerns so this is easily Wilson and even if they moved up for MHJ I'd not regret it.

Hopium on Kincaid is getting serious.

Assuming that league isn't a TEP, I'd gladly sell him for two 1sts with one of them locked in as a top 10. 1.07 might get you Bowers. Or it might get you the WR who replaces Diggs. Whoever it is who makes it to that pick I can't see them being all that much worse of a bet than Kincaid, and another 1 on top swings it comfortably to the picks side for me.

Assuming that league isn't a TEP, I'd gladly sell him for two 1sts with one of them locked in as a top 10. 1.07 might get you Bowers. Or it might get you the WR who replaces Diggs. Whoever it is who makes it to that pick I can't see them being all that much worse of a bet than Kincaid, and another 1 on top swings it comfortably to the picks side for me.
Just throwing this out there, but in that format Kincaid's current ADP is 25. The 7th rookies ADP is 69.
It certainly won't be Bowers who is basically a lock for top 4 (his current ADP is 20)

Just throwing this out there, but in that format Kincaid's current ADP is 25. The 7th rookies ADP is 69.
It certainly won't be Bowers who is basically a lock for top 4 (his current ADP is 20)
OK well if everything follows the ADP then I still think I prefer a potentially well drafted WR to a TE but that's just the way I do things with regards to roster construction.

We haven't had the NFL draft yet though, all the ADP is a bit false right now. If the Bills come out of this draft with a couple of nice looking WR's Kincaid isn't as appealing as he is now and I don't think I'd be sending multiple 1's for him before his role was thoroughly established.

I just don't like tight ends though. It might be, probably is, a blind spot for me personally.

Even with a Rookie and a possible FA signing or trade target, Kincaid is set up to be target #1 in that offense. I'd keep Kincaid in the posted trade unless I had an elite TE on the roster as well.

Anytime you see FFPC it's TEP.

FFPC can be SF or not, this is not since it's specified as being one QB. Which I just bring up to let you know Bowers is not around at 7, good chance not the WR who replaces Diggs either-just depends who and when they pick them. QB's don't typically help players fall to 7 as I've not been in a league a QB went that high since RG3/Luck.

FFPC, 1 QB

Gave: 1.07 and 2025 1st (probably late)
Got; Kincaid, 3.12
Man, I can’t pry Kincaid away from the owner in one of my leagues.

Truly baffled as to why someone would sell for this so soon after drafting him. That’s not enough profit for me to let a dude like that go.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for

It should not be that easy to acquire Puka.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
I would be willing to pay more than that for Puka.
Everyone would except 1 person apparently

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
That would get someone laughed out of my league chat. I would 💯 send both emojis and a gif of someone laughing uproariously if I received that offer in any league.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Nuts, Puka's close to being worth 1.9 in a startup.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for

Need to change that 2 to a 1 to be even close, and then I probably hold Nacua over Odunze plus something

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Holy crap ... I've tried so hard to get Puka 😭 Can't say I remember what my max offer was. But a lot more than that.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Wrong thread

I don't think this was a great deal but the comments continue to show that Puka is a fan favorite in the SP. Seems he is way overvalued around here. I wish I had him so I could move him for what you all think he is worth.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for

It should not be that easy to acquire Puka.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
I would be willing to pay more than that for Puka.
Everyone would except 1 person apparently

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
That would get someone laughed out of my league chat. I would 💯 send both emojis and a gif of someone laughing uproariously if I received that offer in any league.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Nuts, Puka's close to being worth 1.9 in a startup.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for

Need to change that 2 to a 1 to be even close, and then I probably hold Nacua over Odunze plus something

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Holy crap ... I've tried so hard to get Puka 😭 Can't say I remember what my max offer was. But a lot more than that.

FFPC 1 QB (not involved)

Puka Nacua
for
Wrong thread

I don't think this was a great deal but the comments continue to show that Puka is a fan favorite in the SP. Seems he is way overvalued around here. I wish I had him so I could move him for what you all think he is worth.
I think your concerns with him are totally unfounded.

I don't really have any huge concerns. I think he will be a solid WR moving forward. I don't think he is on par with ARSB (which many of you seem to think they are equals). I think that is crazy talk.

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12
Kincaid easily for me.

Interesting. The league (TEP) I have Kincaid is SF, so I’d gladly take the 7 plus another first. Without SF it’s close imo but my gut was to think it was an overpay. I took him 1.12 last year. I have Kelce and some adequate depth there (Chig, Everett, Waller) But Kincaid is clearly my future starter.

I don't really have any huge concerns. I think he will be a solid WR moving forward. I don't think he is on par with ARSB (which many of you seem to think they are equals). I think that is crazy talk.

:shrug:and I think that's crazy you can't see it.
FWIW, puka is getting shopped “for high picks” in my SF. I wont be offering my only 1st (1.02) but could possibly put together a package.

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12
Kincaid easily for me.

Interesting. The league (TEP) I have Kincaid is SF, so I’d gladly take the 7 plus another first. Without SF it’s close imo but my gut was to think it was an overpay. I took him 1.12 last year. I have Kelce and some adequate depth there (Chig, Everett, Waller) But Kincaid is clearly my future starter.
He made it no farther then 1.6 in any of the 8 leagues I was in, something is different in your league you are not factoring in the equation.

He absolutely helped me to win a ‘ship in one league, and to have the best WR trio in another.

That said, I slightly agree that his hype value is starting to creep higher than his actual value.

I have him as a top 15 WR going forward. I’m not sure I have him as a top 7, as many rankings do.

I certainly don’t have him top 5, as some seem to.

It’s very tempting to put him on the block and see what sort of offers come in. I would not move him for the package in this trade in a million year though. But offer me a 1.09 + Pittman, or 1.09 + Higgins? I’m strongly considering.

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12

FFPC, 1 QB

Got; Kincaid, 3.12
Kincaid easily for me.

He made it no farther then 1.6 in any of the 8 leagues I was in, something is different in your league you are not factoring in the equation.
I mentioned it’s SF.
The 4 QBs (yes, including Levis), Bijan, Gibbs, the usual 4 WRs, and LaPorta were taken ahead of him. That might be the only league Laporta went that high but the owner nailed that pick.

Standard one QB FFPC:

Gave: Travis Etienne

Got:1.1

Offer came to me out of the blue. My RB situation was weak and just got a lot worse but I had to snap accept it.
I like the deal but not nearly as much as some of the other replies. RB-biased league though. I have Etienne as my 3rd RB and if I were made the offer, I would be on the fence.
ETA: Okay yeah I'd probably have to do it but I hate giving up a very good not-old RB.
Going back to this trade. Everybody here seems to love it more than me, though I do like it. What about as a returning champion, in a 12-team league where you only start 5 players total at the RWT spots. With starters Hurts, Bijan, Gibbs, Lamb, AJ Brown, Olave (Swift, Godwin, Smith-Njigba, Jameson on bench), no firsts, three second rounders.

Or what about for the 1.02 even. I get it, a WR that goes nuclear can last so much longer than a RB. But Harrison/Nabers being unproven and not necessarily likely to put up the numbers this year, seems like a real liability to someone trying to go back-to-back.

(I know this is the completed trade thread but the conversation took place here. So sue me! Or give me bad advice on purpose! 🤪)

Standard one QB FFPC:

Offer came to me out of the blue. My RB situation was weak and just got a lot worse but I had to snap accept it.
I like the deal but not nearly as much as some of the other replies. RB-biased league though. I have Etienne as my 3rd RB and if I were made the offer, I would be on the fence.
ETA: Okay yeah I'd probably have to do it but I hate giving up a very good not-old RB.
Going back to this trade. Everybody here seems to love it more than me, though I do like it. What about as a returning champion, in a 12-team league where you only start 5 players total at the RWT spots. With starters Hurts, Bijan, Gibbs, Lamb, AJ Brown, Olave (Swift, Godwin, Smith-Njigba, Jameson on bench), no firsts, three second rounders.

Or what about for the 1.02 even. I get it, a WR that goes nuclear can last so much longer than a RB. But Harrison/Nabers being unproven and not necessarily likely to put up the numbers this year, seems like a real liability to someone trying to go back-to-back.

(I know this is the completed trade thread but the conversation took place here. So sue me! Or give me bad advice on purpose! 🤪)
It’s still a complete bargain for 1.01

Any way you slice it, someone had a massive mancrush on ETN. And I say this as someone who has a massive mancrush on ETN. lol

I’d send ETN for 1.0Harrison any day of the week and would break my phone screen aggressively smashing accept.

Standard one QB FFPC:

Had to re-type my response, was mixed in with another reply I was in the middle of replying to.

Consensus opinion is a lot higher on ETN then Swift and I don't see it that way. Fair to say I'm lower on ETN then consensus, higher on Swift. But if I put my feelings aside, just on pure stats Swift has been dead on even with ETN. They are born within a few weeks of each other so simlar age and both are playing for teams that likely have a two year commitment to them. So much about them is similar but the gap between them is signficiant.

My point is Swift can be your RB3 and I think decent odds you don't skip a beat.

As such I'd shoot for more upside over depth.

Was that your question?

Standard one QB FFPC:

Had to re-type my response, was mixed in with another reply I was in the middle of replying to.

Consensus opinion is a lot higher on ETN then Swift and I don't see it that way. Fair to say I'm lower on ETN then consensus, higher on Swift. But if I put my feelings aside, just on pure stats Swift has been dead on even with ETN. They are born within a few weeks of each other so simlar age and both are playing for teams that likely have a two year commitment to them. So much about them is similar but the gap between them is signficiant.

My point is Swift can be your RB3 and I think decent odds you don't skip a beat.

Was that your question?
Thanks for the input! The question was intended to be, is Etienne for 1.01 (or possibly 1.02 since I don't see a big difference) still such a great deal for someone who is very heavy on the contender side, or would that put a dent in people's opinions of that past trade? Which likely your input says "yes".

Standard one QB FFPC:

Was that your question?
Thanks for the input! The question was intended to be, is Etienne for 1.01 (or possibly 1.02 since I don't see a big difference) still such a great deal for someone who is very heavy on the contender side, or would that put a dent in people's opinions of that past trade? Which likely your input says "yes".
I think for the vast majority of scenarios, yes, the 1.01 and probably the 1.02 > ETN.

For your specific scenario, I guess you could try argue a bit that "it depends". Are you required to start 2 RBs, or is it just 1? If you have to start 2 RBs, I could see trying to make the argument that Etienne as the flex/bye week fill in for Bijan/Gibbs is a valuable piece, especially if you have him well ahead of Swift, could make sense as the injury risk for RB is higher, but that's still a pretty hard argument to sell.

If you only need to start 1 RB/week, then I think it's a no brainer to take the massive potential upside of the 1.01 or 1.02 with the team that you have, as you could start just 1 RB if needed and be absolutely loaded at WR.

Standard one QB FFPC:

Was that your question?
I think for the vast majority of scenarios, yes, the 1.01 and probably the 1.02 > ETN.

For your specific scenario, I guess you could try argue a bit that "it depends". Are you required to start 2 RBs, or is it just 1? If you have to start 2 RBs, I could see trying to make the argument that Etienne as the flex/bye week fill in for Bijan/Gibbs is a valuable piece, especially if you have him well ahead of Swift, could make sense as the injury risk for RB is higher, but that's still a pretty hard argument to sell.

If you only need to start 1 RB/week, then I think it's a no brainer to take the massive potential upside of the 1.01 or 1.02 with the team that you have, as you could start just 1 RB if needed and be absolutely loaded at WR.
It is 2RB, 2WR, 0 required TE, 1 flex.

So yeah, point taken, there is at least someone here besides me who would at least maybe have to give it some thought and not be 100% automatic smash accept. But definitely a nearly unanimous smasher.

is Etienne for 1.01 (or possibly 1.02 since I don't see a big difference) still such a great deal for someone who is very heavy on the contender side, or would that put a dent in people's opinions of that past trade? Which likely your input says "yes".
Short answer as you properly surmised, yes. I'd make that trade no matter where my team stood with regards to contending.

Short answer part two: Tiny sample size but in FFPC redrafts, which I use just because it's real money leagues with ADP data, Marvin Harrison is being selected over ETN in a format you got to start two RB's and two WR's. Obviously 1.1 is more flexible then MHJ right now so this is not really about MHJ vs ETN, but just pointing a school of thought does exist that you are making your team better right now.

Longer answer.

You got two categories of contenders IMO. Contenders and "win now contenders" with the difference in them being the "win now" it's imperative to actually win now since they are about to age out, they can't afford to blow a year. I got 8 teams, got zero doubt I'll have some letdowns, but right now view all 8 as having pieces to legit be labeled as a contender-no full on rebuilds, with one of them being a "win now" team where I can't afford to blow a year when my core players include Tyreek, Kelce and Kamara. I'd still do that trade without hesitation in that league. In your case I view your team as a contender but not one that must win now plus you got depth, all of which makes this being something you should do IMO easier if you can. I think a move like this just keeps the window open longer, does not shut it.

And the actual league I did the trade was honestly with not an ounce of exaggeration the one team of mine I could least afford to give up a RB. I'm a little heavily weighted on WR/TE and the flex options they provide. It's TEP and if I was putting in a lineup today I'd have some solid guys like Kittle and Devonta Smith on my bench while I'd have Jaleel McClaughlin as my current RB2. I got some draft picks and stuff to work with to improve but you get the idea, from a position standpoint the trade made zero sense for me, probably does not offer me the best possible lineup as things look right now. I know you mention a lot about how your league really values RB's and this league does as well, it's why I think the trade came to me because the guy who made me the offer has some really strong WR's but was staring at Devin Singletary as his RB2. Now I'm kind of in his boat. It was all enough to make me take about 10-15 seconds to consider if I could do this and still contend, so not a smash accept but pretty close and I can honestly say I've had no remorse.

is Etienne for 1.01 (or possibly 1.02 since I don't see a big difference) still such a great deal for someone who is very heavy on the contender side, or would that put a dent in people's opinions of that past trade? Which likely your input says "yes".
Short answer as you properly surmised, yes. I'd make that trade no matter where my team stood with regards to contending.

Short answer part two: Tiny sample size but in FFPC redrafts, which I use just because it's real money leagues with ADP data, Marvin Harrison is being selected over ETN in a format you got to start two RB's and two WR's. Obviously 1.1 is more flexible then MHJ right now so this is not really about MHJ vs ETN, but just pointing a school of thought does exist that you are making your team better right now.

Longer answer.

You got two categories of contenders IMO. Contenders and "win now contenders" with the difference in them being the "win now" it's imperative to actually win now since they are about to age out, they can't afford to blow a year. I got 8 teams, got zero doubt I'll have some letdowns, but right now view all 8 as having pieces to legit be labeled as a contender-no full on rebuilds, with one of them being a "win now" team where I can't afford to blow a year when my core players include Tyreek, Kelce and Kamara. I'd still do that trade without hesitation in that league. In your case I view your team as a contender but not one that must win now plus you got depth, all of which makes this being something you should do IMO easier if you can. I think a move like this just keeps the window open longer, does not shut it.

And the actual league I did the trade was honestly with not an ounce of exaggeration the one team of mine I could least afford to give up a RB. I'm a little heavily weighted on WR/TE and the flex options they provide. It's TEP and if I was putting in a lineup today I'd have some solid guys like Kittle and Devonta Smith on my bench while I'd have Jaleel McClaughlin as my current RB2. I got some draft picks and stuff to work with to improve but you get the idea, from a position standpoint the trade made zero sense for me, probably does not offer me the best possible lineup as things look right now. I know you mention a lot about how your league really values RB's and this league does as well, it's why I think the trade came to me because the guy who made me the offer has some really strong WR's but was staring at Devin Singletary as his RB2. Now I'm kind of in his boat. It was all enough to make me take about 10-15 seconds to consider if I could do this and still contend, so not a smash accept but pretty close and I can honestly say I've had no remorse.
Great breakdown, also really liked the data points from Short Answer Part Two. Is that data something I can look at without being in an FFPC league?

FFPC, 1QB

Prior deal of getting 1.01 and Stroud for 1.07, 1.11,2.09 was instantly reversed by FFPC Commish. Month later made a similar deal I hope stands this time around.

Gave; Hurts, Barkley, Aaron Jones, 2.09
Got; Stroud, 1.01

FFPC, 1 QB

I’ve been trying to trade up into top 4 this off season but moved out in this league bc offer seemed good enough to

Gave; 1.03, Jakobi, 2025 2nd
Got; Addison, 1.09, 2025 1st

Users who are viewing this thread