What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

Wow. Where the #### have I been? Watched this show last night. ####ing hilarious.Already climbing up the charts.Best sitcom ever:1. Seinfeld2. Get a Life3. Arrested Development

Great Stuff :thumbup: It killed me to switch over to Deadwood instead of watching the 2nd A.D.In retrospect I should have just watched Deadwood on a replay later that week...

Better watch while you can - Fox cut short the season and it is rumored to be close to the chopping block - despite denials - what a bunch of morons! Great show!

Wow.  Where the #### have I been?  Watched this show last night.  ####ing hilarious.
I watched it for the first time in while last night as well."Your claw has SEVERED MY TENDON!"
Just another sign that we are intrinsically linked scoobs. I too watched AD for the first time last night. I can't figure out why Id never tuned in before because it was awesome. "We mixed it together because we didn't want to know which of us was the father." :thumbup:

Awesome show how everything is tied in together.Random plot lines will disappear for a few weeks and then come back in the most bizarre and hilarious way.gb that show.

I was reading the AD forum on TV Without Pity, and I must have missed like 50% of the jokes that were references to earlier episodes and I still laughed hysterically.Lifeguard: Loose seal!Buster: I don't care about Lucille! She lies!Narrator: And then the seal bit his hand off.

Is anyone watching this show? It is by far one of the best shows on TV this year and unfortunately, because of low ratings it may get cancelled.

That's just what I've been reading. I hope that's not the case. Season 2 comes out on dvd October 11. Anyone not watching this show should give it two episodes. Very clever show.

That's just what I've been reading. I hope that's not the case. Season 2 comes out on dvd October 11.

Anyone not watching this show should give it two episodes. Very clever show.
the "Soap" for a new generation...

It's in my top 3 too, along with Family Guy and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Looking forward to tonight's show. Already laughed at the preview - Scott Baio as attorney Bob Loblaw.

It's in my top 3 too, along with Family Guy and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Looking forward to tonight's show. Already laughed at the preview - Scott Baio as attorney Bob Loblaw.
Dude, we have the same exact taste... You also like The Office?Unfortunately, I've also heard that the ratings continue to be bad, so AD may be on borrowed time. How does a show like this struggle, while the According to Jim's of the world succeed??? :loco:

It seems odd to me that this show would struggle yet others that are complete wastes of time remain popular. Nothing against According to Jim, but you're right. That show couldn't hold a candle to AD. I guess people like to just veg out and not have to think when watching TV.

It seems odd to me that this show would struggle yet others that are complete wastes of time remain popular. Nothing against According to Jim, but you're right. That show couldn't hold a candle to AD. I guess people like to just veg out and not have to think when watching TV.
Fat husband = funny

Dude, we have the same exact taste... You also like The Office?Unfortunately, I've also heard that the ratings continue to be bad, so AD may be on borrowed time. How does a show like this struggle, while the According to Jim's of the world succeed??? :loco:
I keep hearing about The Office but have yet to see it. When & where?

How does a show like this struggle, while the According to Jim's of the world succeed??? :loco:
Most people are too stupid to keep up with the pace of Arrested Development. The AtJ's of the world are chimp-tested and gorilla-approved.

I got introduced to this show around New Year's by a friend. I can't believe I missed it for this long!Can't wait for the season 2 DVDs so I can catch up -- my season 1 DVDs need a break from my overusage.It seems like so many people still haven't even heard of the show. Fox also keeps sticking it in weird timeslots -- right before Monday Night Football isn't the best idea, especially since a lot of AD fans are probably NFL fans too based on demographics.In the summer, they had some marathons but they were always on Friday nights.It sure seems short-sighted to actually consider canceling the next Seinfeld due to ratings -- if the show is building up a pretty good base of fans, the ratings will rise over time. And if they can build something, they won't need to replace it with a bad show (i.e. any of the shows Peter Griffin mentions in the "we're back" episode of Family Guy) and be in the same spot a year from now.

It's in my top 3 too, along with Family Guy and Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Looking forward to tonight's show.  Already laughed at the preview - Scott Baio as attorney Bob Loblaw.
I think the Office is on Tuesdays 8:30 CST. Right after Earl on NBC. I too have just about warn out my Season 1. I won't let family or friends borrow it until Season 2 arrives. It's an addiction now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Office is on Tuesdays 8:30 CST. Right after Earl on NBC. I too have just about warn out my Season 1. I won't let family or friends borrow it until Season 2 arrives. It's an addiction now.
If you're going to point a person in direction of The Office, at least make it the British version. on BBCAmerica. Don't ask me when. You can also rent the DVD's.

hte first ever Analyst and Therapist... an ANALRAPISTpronounced aNUL-rupist"It's not the pronounciation I am worried about"hadn't laughed so hard in a LONG time

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Chachi tweaks at the Fonz! "This isn't the first time I replaced Zuckerman" - "I can also attract the younger people" :lmao:

This show is funny as hell. Loved the way Bluth Sr. kept putting his family in PiP so he could watch the game. :D

hte first ever Analyst and Therapist... an ANALRAPIST

pronounced aNUL-rupist

"It's not the pronounciation I am worried about"

hadn't laughed so hard in a LONG time
That had me rolling. :lmao:

Buster with the pillows stuffed under his shirt, in the background in the Michael's-dates-meet-the-family montage was hysterical. Bob Loblaw (blah blah blah) is genius.And the censors must not be paying any attention, or else things are moving too fast for them, to let half of the Tobias stuff through. The one last week about getting meat into his mouth damn near killed me.This may be the best comedy in the history of television.

Steve Holt, "I made a huge mistake."Gob, "I know the feeling, I had you."Steve Holt, "I'm going to be doing your cousin tonight."George Michael, "So are you."Still laughing about Bob Loblaw.

Love the Chachi tweaks at the Fonz!

"This isn't the first time I replaced Zuckerman" - "I can also attract the younger people"

:lmao:
Missed those...HILARIOUS!Best show since Seinfeld.

Finally caught The Office - both versions. That's two more season passes for the TIVO. :thumbup: :lmao: at "We didn't start the fire"

The Godzilla parody in the second half-hour sent me into a laughing/coughing spasm that almost punctured my lung.

Users who are viewing this thread