What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best sign at the Cowboys vs. Eagles game? (1 Viewer)

TO gives new meaning to the term "empty bottle"
He should have saved some for the end of this week. "So, TO you were going to take the easy way out to avoid week 5."

Last edited by a moderator:
"If you score and decide to stand on the Eagle @ midfield, be prepared to be pelted with batteries and small children"

Is there not a better city on the planet that you would choose ahead of Philadelphia if you needed the the citizens to come together and come up with the best sign for this game? Seriously, I will be extremely shocked and disappointed if I don't see some outstandingly witty and hysterical signs at this game?

Is anyone going? If so, you've gotta report back and tell us some good ones that Fox couldn't air.

Is there not a better city on the planet that you would choose ahead of Philadelphia if you needed the the citizens to come together and come up with the best sign for this game? Seriously, I will be extremely shocked and disappointed if I don't see some outstandingly witty and hysterical signs at this game?Is anyone going? If so, you've gotta report back and tell us some good ones that Fox couldn't air.
That's why I'll be listening to Tony Bruno on Monday morning.....

Philly fans ready for a T.O.

Philadelphia sports talk radio's venerable Howard Eskin marvels at the impact this game is having on his audience and the city.

"I've been thinking about this the past several days," says the WIP-AM host, "and I don't even think the NFC Championship Games here have been as hyped as this. You might have to go back to the Phillies in the World Series in '93 to find something that's bigger than this. Or maybe the Sixers in the 2001 NBA Finals. It's just amazing."

Why?

"It's T.O.," he says, adding with affection, "and this town is sick."

He laughs while remembering some of the calls he received this week from Eagles fans.

"They tell me about their signs. Crazy," Eskin says. " 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.' Or, 'T.O. put the O.D. in Vicodin.' "

Not that he's surprised.

"As soon as the season started, it's always been October 8th, October 8th," Eskin says. "Everybody here was hoping (Owens) wouldn't get hurt or that he wouldn't get cut — and both things almost happened — so he wouldn't miss the game here."

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has noted a "little extra step" in his teammate this week.

"I know he's anxious for it, because he's got something to prove, maybe. ... I don't envy that at all, what he has to go through," Witten says. "But he does a good job with it. The one thing about him is he embraces those opportunities."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...er_x.htm?csp=34

"If you score and decide to stand on the Eagle @ midfield, be prepared to be pelted with batteries and small children"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at the " .......................... and small children part." I wouldn't put it past Eagles fans at all. Philly fans in any sport are ruthless!!!!!!!!!

The odds against TO succeeding on the first try...25 Million-1

Tuna to TO, "Good news, I got your prescription re-filled!"

"Sorry TO, the ER Dr. is an Iggles fan"

TO " I was trying to get pumped for the game!"

Hope they show us this crew ....

"There are a bunch of people I know who are dressing up as pills," one fan told the Inquirer, "and their girlfriends are going to be sitting next to them dressed up as nurses." :lol: :lol:

From ESPN's Sal Paolantonio Article

:useless:

Been to alot of games the last two years with T.O. If you,ve ever heard the chant we did for him it was just " T.O., T.O., T.O. T.O." in some sort of sailor rhythm. This week it's gonna be-O.D., O.D., O.D., O.D.

Can't wait I'll be on my couch this week though listening for it. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread