What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Koonce says Packers to sign big name off player (1 Viewer)

Billy1x

Footballguy
Heard it on Sirius 2 minute update and here

Deuce M. - Last year and can't NO can't afford 2 top paid RBs

J. Jones - Last year of contract

L. Johnson - Chiefs rebuilding and he plans on hold out

Any other options out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
This came out a few days ago.

Some of the other names linked to this include Daunte Culpepper and Corey Dilllon.

This came out a few days ago.Some of the other names linked to this include Daunte Culpepper and Corey Dilllon.
I don't see Culpepper as a big name anymore and hope its somebody who can contribute this year. I forgot about Dillon. I still believe they have 10 mil to spend and either of those two should go for a lot less but Dillon would be solid.

With what is out there, I almost expect it to be an offensive lineman.

Marco Rivera? Kyle Turley?

No way the Packers trade for a runner at this stage, and Dillon wouldn't make sense to me there.

With what is out there, I almost expect it to be an offensive lineman.Marco Rivera? Kyle Turley?No way the Packers trade for a runner at this stage, and Dillon wouldn't make sense to me there.
Rivera is done.edit: finished, done for. His back is bad, bad, bad, and he's old.

This came out a few days ago.Some of the other names linked to this include Daunte Culpepper and Corey Dilllon.
I don't see Culpepper as a big name anymore and hope its somebody who can contribute this year. I forgot about Dillon. I still believe they have 10 mil to spend and either of those two should go for a lot less but Dillon would be solid.
He may not be big for your fantasy team, but Culpepper most certainly is a big name player. The rumors swirl about a possible trade with Miami.

He may not be big for your fantasy team, but Culpepper most certainly is a big name player. The rumors swirl about a possible trade with Miami.
yep, it's big name' - not "big time player". Culpepper fits the bill.

I heard Tank Johnson may be available.

If it is not Tank I am going to go with,

William Green, Ben Gay and Reshard Lee in that order.

Can we get any more information or a link?
I do not have a link sorry. The local Fox 11 TV station said that George Koonce let it leak out that Corey Dillon is the big name player that Green Bay was either about to sign or had big interest in. I did not get more than that, as I was not paying super close attention until they said Dillon's name and showed a Dillon highlight on the news, with Koonce apparently admitting that he let the cat out of the bag. Now that is not confirming that they have signed him at all, so do not take it as such. I would consider it to be likely, but cannot confirm. I hope that helps. A little.

I'll say this once more, Deuce is NOT going anywhere!

yep, it's big name' - not "big time player". Culpepper fits the bill.
If he couldn't figure out the Miami offense I doubt he could learn a West Coast offense. Don't think its him.

Deuce is signed through 2012, his contract is cap friendly for 2007 and 2008. In 2009, it jumps to a base 5.2 million and then goes up by a million each year til 2012. So it coudn't have been Deuce. Conveniently, when his salary jumps to 5.2 million, he'll be 30 years old.

As a Packer fan, I sure hope it's not Dillon. :goodposting:

He was mostly well-behaved on a strong New England team. On a mediocre Green Bay team, I think we see the cranky old Cincy Dillon rearing his ugly head.

That and he has run like his legs were in quicksand for the past 2 years. :kicksrock:

Still need a link on this. I haven't been able to find anything on any packer-related websites, and I've been looking.

Dillon is so finished that the name maybe big but the player is a back up .

Cmon Dillon cant run 10yards without having to dial 9-1-1.

I did not read any clips but why are some people guessing players that are under contract with another team? I assume we are talking about a free agent if they are talking signing a player and not trading for a player. Dillon sounds like a good guess. He is old but maybe looking for a 1 year bridge while Favre is still playing?

Can we get any more information or a link?
Google for these-Dillon's agent has spoken with the Packers a few times. It never bears any fruit so...Daunte(or his agent) has stated that if he doesn't go to the Jaguars he wants to go to Green Bay. (Scout.com quote IIRC)Why would the Jags want him? Pack supposedly have two good young backups so why would they?My guess is Koonce figures one signs with the Pack. (link above)To get Dillon, they just have to agree on a contract so that's the easiest guess right there.I emailed someone within the Pack org and they replied that they're rumorred to get everyone. I wrote back "cmon" and he said Dillon is the strongest rumor out there right now and he can't "give" me anymore(no link to my email sorry)the trickiest part of (true/valid)rumors is that their rumors until they're true.If ya need a guy like Dillon for bye weeks in FF or whatever and the "cost" is minimal to your FF team, then I'd go get him on the WW. IF/when he signs, he'll go fast. If not, dump him.

Yea...I'm just confused as to why they would want Dillon...are the runners they drafted that bad? I always thought Dillon would have been a good fit in Tennessee where they need veteran leadership and where they employ a grinding running game.

Fred Taylor???

He's a little younger than Dillon with less mileage thanks to his copious time on IR earlier in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread