What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston with a little DUI action (1 Viewer)

Breath tests indicated there was no alcohol in his system, and the results of a urine test are pending, Forseth said
non-story? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Breath tests indicated there was no alcohol in his system, and the results of a urine test are pending, Forseth said
non-story? :shrug:
No, not a non-story, DUI includes more substances than alcohol. The urine test is what will be telling - could be simple fatigue, or could be hard-core barbituates (downers). Passing out behind the wheel is not a "normal" circumstance, in any case. Could be a medical condition (low blood sugar?) - stay tuned...

Coming from a party.....pulled over along side the road with the engine running. Could be a little mary jane or coke use. Boston might just have to do some drug treatment - 1st strike I believe. If I recall, in the past Boston had his personal nutritionist and was obsessed about what he put into his body. He is the last person I suspected would be using recreational street drugs.

Coming from a party.....pulled over along side the road with the engine running. Could be a little mary jane or coke use. Boston might just have to do some drug treatment - 1st strike I believe. If I recall, in the past Boston had his personal nutritionist and was obsessed about what he put into his body. He is the last person I suspected would be using recreational street drugs.
Nope not 1st strike - has steroid suspension in his past in NFL, Dec 2004 - link

Nope not 1st strike - has steroid suspension in his past in NFL, Dec 2004 - link
Aren't you out of the program after a certain amount of time? I believe someone mentioned in another thread that Travis Henry will be clear after week 3 and if he gets hit with something else, the cycle starts all over again. I would assume enough time has gone by for Boston to fall under this category.

maybe it's sleep apnea ?

sometimes, i am typing and getttt ttirrrrrred andd.d .. a .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

relax until the urine test comes back. cops know what to say/do/look for to get them to the probable cause level and it's not that hard for them.

Aren't you out of the program after a certain amount of time? I believe someone mentioned in another thread that Travis Henry will be clear after week 3 and if he gets hit with something else, the cycle starts all over again. I would assume enough time has gone by for Boston to fall under this category.
My point was that this isn't the first time Boston has been found using banned substances - speaking to the "obsessed" assertion of the original poster. Not sure if Boston has stayed out of the league long enough prior to 2007 to reset the "clock", but the mere fact we're talking about whether or not he's done so is telling, IMO...My .02.

Ahh, the American System of Justice. Guilty until proven innocent. He could have just fallen asleep at the wheel. And there are many legal substances that can make you fatigued. Time to wait and see.

His story sounds terrible too. He wasn't anywhere near the airport.
For the non TB-ers....Orlando/Celebration is North-East of Tampa. Pinellas Park is South-West. So Boston had to drive THRU Tampa and right by the airport to get from Celebration to PP.If that was what DB claimed, then there's your "probable cause" right there.

Celebration is a Disney community outside Orlando, no mention of a party.

Aug 24 Boston was arrested near Tampa Thursday evening on DUI charges, the Tampa Tribune reports. Boston was charged even though he passed a breath test, and was released early Friday morning.

Recommendation: According to the report, Boston was found passed out at the wheel of his Range Rover early Thursday evening. Boston claims he was driving from Orlando to Tampa International Airport, but he was found asleep at the wheel by a police officer in Pinellas Park, which means he overshot the airport by a good 15 miles or so. After having Boston complete a field sobriety test, which he passed, the officer concluded that, under the circumstances, he still had probable cause to charge Boston with DUI. Boston is in a heated job battle with Maurice Stovall and Michael Clayton for a starting spot opposite Joey Galloway for the Bucs; we'll see what, if anything, this arrest does to his chances.

..That troubles me..why was Boston going a good deal out of the way? Buying drugs perhaps? As a Boston owner in two leagues, this news bites

Aug 24 Boston was arrested near Tampa Thursday evening on DUI charges, the Tampa Tribune reports. Boston was charged even though he passed a breath test, and was released early Friday morning.

Recommendation: According to the report, Boston was found passed out at the wheel of his Range Rover early Thursday evening. Boston claims he was driving from Orlando to Tampa International Airport, but he was found asleep at the wheel by a police officer in Pinellas Park, which means he overshot the airport by a good 15 miles or so. After having Boston complete a field sobriety test, which he passed, the officer concluded that, under the circumstances, he still had probable cause to charge Boston with DUI. Boston is in a heated job battle with Maurice Stovall and Michael Clayton for a starting spot opposite Joey Galloway for the Bucs; we'll see what, if anything, this arrest does to his chances.

..That troubles me..why was Boston going a good deal out of the way? Buying drugs perhaps? As a Boston owner in two leagues, this news bites
I hate to speculate, but I'd bet anything it was drugs.

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

Anyone actually know where he stands with the NFL if the test isn't clean?

Going by only memory, so I could be wrong.

But in addition to steroids suspension, I recall David Boston having some prior history with recreational drugs (Ecstasy comes to mind, but it could be a flashback on my part).

non-story? :thumbup:
No, not a non-story, DUI includes more substances than alcohol. The urine test is what will be telling - could be simple fatigue, or could be hard-core barbituates (downers). Passing out behind the wheel is not a "normal" circumstance, in any case. Could be a medical condition (low blood sugar?) - stay tuned...
Being tired down?

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

He will be history. Even if it's only a 1 year suspension, no one will take him.

I'm curious as to why he submitted an urine sample??? If he passed the field sobriety test AND the breath test why would he do this if he had something to hide? They can't force you to give a sample and as far as I know refusing one unlike a breath test is not an admission of guilt.

Of course it could be what everyone's saying in here.......but it could be something else.

If it were you, I bet you'd hope that everyone didn't always jump to the "glass half empty" version of the story before whatever it is that did happen came out.

It doesn't look good......but if you're wrong I hope some people come back in here and put the :thumbup: over their heads because you should.

I'm curious as to why he submitted an urine sample??? If he passed the field sobriety test AND the breath test why would he do this if he had something to hide? They can't force you to give a sample and as far as I know refusing one unlike a breath test is not an admission of guilt.
I would tend to say because he's clean and this will actually be a non-issue. I can't imagine he is that stupid. However, he could surprise.

I would tend to say because he's clean and this will actually be a non-issue. I can't imagine he is that stupid. However, he could surprise.
Thinking that same thing...

He will be history. Even if it's only a 1 year suspension, no one will take him.
So you're saying that you KNOW he'll get at least a one-year suspension?

Cuz he was high! :cry:

Re-read the thread. The guy is asking what happens if the test is not clean. Fact is Goodell will punish him severly as he is a repeat offender. No team will touch him at that point based on the Goddell rules of losing draft picks for behavior. Understand? Pretty obvious. And yes, I do KNOW. Anyone with a brain can figure that one out.

Cool. I just wasn't sure if you were helpfully explaining the NFL-Union's drug policy and exactly where Boston stood under those rules, or you were stating your opinion. Glad to get an official explanation. :blackdot:

I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?

I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?
:goodposting:

Asleep at the wheel with the engine running sounds a bit suspicious...and dangerous.

Coke make you sleepy? try again

Who are you - Jack Friday? :goodposting:

Anyhow, doubtful he'd be sleeping if it was cola.

Re-read the thread. The guy is asking what happens if the test is not clean. Fact is Goodell will punish him severly as he is a repeat offender. No team will touch him at that point based on the Goddell rules of losing draft picks for behavior. Understand? Pretty obvious. And yes, I do KNOW. Anyone with a brain can figure that one out.
He was referring to the NFL's substance abuse policy. A DUI for someone not currently enrolled is nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Going by only memory, so I could be wrong.But in addition to steroids suspension, I recall David Boston having some prior history with recreational drugs (Ecstasy comes to mind, but it could be a flashback on my part).
No your thinking about the big dude from White Chicks.

:goodposting:
Hold on here. We don't exactly know the details but cops generally have ways to tell if you are drunk/high. If he was incoherent or not lucid for example. The story about driving by the airport has to raise a great deal of suspicion as well. How many of you have been driving somewhere, passed it, pulled over on the side of the road, and then took a nap? The innocent until proven guilty assumes that this is the entire story. The cop undoubtedly had a reason he took Boston in. Maybe he is overstepping the law and maybe he isn't. But I think to assume he did is probably incorrect without more details.

Asleep at the wheel with the engine running sounds a bit suspicious...and dangerous.
It's 90 degrees- A/C down? And nobody said the car was in gear...

It's 90 degrees- A/C down? And nobody said the car was in gear...
:goodposting: I just don't get the part about being in Pinellas Park. That is not even close to the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread