What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker wants out (3 Viewers)

pinda

Footballguy
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 102 balls.

Walker said that the offense is centered around Marshall now and he is happy for his teammate.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

:bag:

Team player through and through.

The GB part is a real gem. I'm sure they'd want to overpay for him at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
While he is not FredEx bad, he is not TO good. Son, needs to shut his trap and just play...unless he wants to go to a crummy team with no WR presence (honestly, could that be it?). Unfortunately, most of those teams are just plain bad.

Personally, I think Walker is suffering from post-traumatic shock syndrome, and it hasn't been adequately addressed. He did have his friend Darrent Williams bleed his life out on Walker's lap last New Years Eve. No wonder he'd be depressed and say something stupid in the week surrounding the anniversary of that event. Also no surprise he'd like to leave the scene where he is constantly reminded of the tragedy.

My .02.

While he is not FredEx bad, he is not TO good. Son, needs to shut his trap and just play...unless he wants to go to a crummy team with no WR presence (honestly, could that be it?). Unfortunately, most of those teams are just plain bad.
I don't think he cares. I think he cares about getting paid and being the man.

He should get nothing that is what is coming to him. He had one season and thinks he should be paid like a top WR even if he has not produced like one.

Being a Packer fan I can say I dont think Ted will want him back in the green and gold, he had his chance.

Personally, I think Walker is suffering from post-traumatic shock syndrome, and it hasn't been adequately addressed. He did have his friend Darrent Williams bleed his life out on Walker's lap last New Years Eve. No wonder he'd be depressed and say something stupid in the week surrounding the anniversary of that event. Also no surprise he'd like to leave the scene where he is constantly reminded of the tragedy.My .02.
Very :goodposting: People handle grief differently. IIRC, Marshall was also at the scene of the crime, and somewhat involved with the altercation.Looks to me like it could be a combination of an athlete's natural ego and a sensitive man's grief. :thumbup:

Actually he is when healthy. He isn't exactly a rocket scientist though.

Javon Walker = moron. He's also just not that good. He'd be #4 on the Packers.

Personally, I think Walker is suffering from post-traumatic shock syndrome, and it hasn't been adequately addressed. He did have his friend Darrent Williams bleed his life out on Walker's lap last New Years Eve. No wonder he'd be depressed and say something stupid in the week surrounding the anniversary of that event. Also no surprise he'd like to leave the scene where he is constantly reminded of the tragedy.My .02.
Very :goodposting: People handle grief differently. IIRC, Marshall was also at the scene of the crime, and somewhat involved with the altercation.Looks to me like it could be a combination of an athlete's natural ego and a sensitive man's grief. :2cents:
His friend died in his arms and Brandon Marshall was somewhat involved with the guys that shot him. He may just want to get away from the whole situation.

Too funny. It will be a cold day in hell before he ends up in green and gold again. We simply don't need the cancer.

IIRC, Marshall was also at the scene of the crime, and somewhat involved with the altercation.
Marshall, in his second year out of the University of Central Florida, was with both players in the moments before they died.

He struggles with feeling he was partly responsible for the tensions that preceded Williams' drive-by shooting death early Jan. 1. Marshall also carries the memory of trying to comfort Nash's wife when her husband collapsed at home and could not be revived hours after playing alongside Marshall in a charity basketball game Feb. 24.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...shall-nfl_N.htm

FredEx? Who does this refer to?

Very :goodposting: People handle grief differently. IIRC, Marshall was also at the scene of the crime, and somewhat involved with the altercation.Looks to me like it could be a combination of an athlete's natural ego and a sensitive man's grief. :2cents:
Yeah, losing a friend in such intimate circumstances is really tough. I'll never forget New Years Eve 1989 when one of my good high school friends blew his brains out with a handgun at a party (no note, no reason we could figure out, just did it alone in a bedroom at the house). It took me a good 15 years to be able to go out on New Year's eve - even now, almost 20 years later, I don't ever have a good time. Too much sadness around the date...

No NFL team will "pay" much in terms of trade value or "guaranteed $$" (assuming that Walker is cut) for Javon Walker a player who's future value is very unclear given his knee problems.

"

Personally, I think Walker is suffering from post-traumatic shock syndrome, and it hasn't been adequately addressed. He did have his friend Darrent Williams bleed his life out on Walker's lap last New Years Eve. No wonder he'd be depressed and say something stupid in the week surrounding the anniversary of that event. Also no surprise he'd like to leave the scene where he is constantly reminded of the tragedy.
I can see this being A reason. Also, he has not produced like he has before, has injuries that are probably not healing as quickly as he would like, and he sees someone his equal doing better than what he is doing. With that said, he should not be throwing his team under the bus like this.

IIRC, Marshall was also at the scene of the crime, and somewhat involved with the altercation.
Marshall, in his second year out of the University of Central Florida, was with both players in the moments before they died.

He struggles with feeling he was partly responsible for the tensions that preceded Williams' drive-by shooting death early Jan. 1. Marshall also carries the memory of trying to comfort Nash's wife when her husband collapsed at home and could not be revived hours after playing alongside Marshall in a charity basketball game Feb. 24.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...shall-nfl_N.htm
Thanks for the info, Tommy..I wasn't aware of Marshall's close connection with the Nash tragedy....

Id

Few people could relate to that episode but what was his excuse when he left Green Bay? Seems like this guy has a pattern going that few of his tenure could rival.

Interesting and plausible theory but I never heard this talk before Marshall took over the offense or the Bronco's floated the idea of cutting his salary.

As much as I'd like to see the healthy trio of Walker/Marshall/Stokeley next season, if he's not going to be happy, keeping him is going to be a problem. If they can't get a decent upgrade at DL/LB or a S to replace Lynch, using him as trade bait to acquire additional picks in the draft might be best.

Maybe send him and the 12th pick to Dallas for their two #1s?

Few people could relate to that episode but what was his excuse when he left Green Bay? Seems like this guy has a pattern going that few of his tenure could rival.
My initial though mirrored what Mark mentioned, but I do agree with your point as well. He seems to be unhappy unless everything is exactly perfect, but what is the perfect situation? I don't doubt his memories of last New Year's Eve were fresh in his head when he made these comments, but didn't he leave GB in a similar fashion? I was under the impression (and I could be wrong since I am not a DEN local) that he was treated pretty well in DEN and was pretty popular in general. Just because Marshall has passed him on the depth chart doesn't seem like a valid reason to be unhappy in DEN.

Being in South Dakota, I would be happy to drive over to Denver and deliver him to Winter Park!! He may be #4 on the Pack, but he would no doubt be the #1 in Minnesota.

Its a sad thing when the most vivid memory I have of Walker and the Broncos is him being the guy that was with Williams when he was shot. Walker needs to shut his mouth.

As much as I'd like to see the healthy trio of Walker/Marshall/Stokeley next season, if he's not going to be happy, keeping him is going to be a problem. If they can't get a decent upgrade at DL/LB or a S to replace Lynch, using him as trade bait to acquire additional picks in the draft might be best.Maybe send him and the 12th pick to Dallas for their two #1s?
Two 1sts for damaged goods with an attitude problem? Please...they'll be lucky to get a 3rd like we did..

As much as I'd like to see the healthy trio of Walker/Marshall/Stokeley next season, if he's not going to be happy, keeping him is going to be a problem. If they can't get a decent upgrade at DL/LB or a S to replace Lynch, using him as trade bait to acquire additional picks in the draft might be best.Maybe send him and the 12th pick to Dallas for their two #1s?
Walker is untradeable with his current contract and no way is he worth a #1. Jerry Jones is the last person on earth that would make the trade you mentioned but he may pick him up as a FA.

Two 1sts for damaged goods with an attitude problem? Please...they'll be lucky to get a 3rd like we did..
Read more what Walker said. He said Denver may not be best for him but best for Marshall. Attitude problem? He doesn't want to renogotiate and may need mixcrofracture surgery, 2 friends have died and Marshall may have instigated one of the deaths.I think he just wants to leave and start over elsewhere. He'll probably be cut and a FA while figuring out if he wants the surgery. Javon's a good guy but not the best at handling trouble. If it was me I may take the money while figuring out my future too. Look up micro fracture surgery. It isn't pretty.

Very interesting... GB wasn't a franchise headed in the right direction when TT took over, and now they're 13-3, tied a franchise record for the most wins.

Walker wanted out after his injury because he felt underpaid, but GB wasn't going to give him the money he felt he deserved- he had 2 years left on his deal and he just had an ACL injury. So off he goes to DEN, a franchise which at the time was fairly good

Fast forward a couple years later- Walker is having troubles with his knee dating back to the preseason and mini camps. He's again on a franchise headed in the right direction, but have gone down hill since Walker came there.

Clearly this guy is just a complete tool. He was my favorite player on our team his rookie season up until he turned into a selfish jerk and demanded out. Kind of nice to see him in the same situation now- unhappy. I don't get it...

He's the #1 WR and go to guy, but unhappy with how he's paid, and then he gets his money... now he's on a team that he clearly isn't the go-to guy as Cutler has more of a connection with Marshall. So now Walker wants someone to pick up his salary and make him a go-to WR?

GB doesn't want him- we don't need him. He'd be #4-5 on our team depending if he'd be better than Koren Robinson... and even if he is, that's way too much money to pay a $#4 WR.

This is just too funny. Here he goes throwing a fit again until he gets his way. He'll never be happy no matter where he goes. Drew Rosenhaus inflated his head during his first probowl the year before he got hurt. Walker signed Rosenhaus as his agent and the rest is history. Walker was a class act until his head was blown up almost to the point of Terrell Owens- another player I enjoy seeing unhappy.

Walker- you made your bed, now sleep in it.

Denver will be lucky to get a 4th round draft pick for him... I could see him going to somewhere like MIA, ATL, maybe even SF...

clearly Brett Favre was the problem when Walker left GB
That was the press. Brett made one statement but most people thought it was said over and over.Then Javon got hurt and things went downhill. If it hadn't happened he would have gotten his money but Brett was blamed. Javon isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and got a lot of bad advice.

I said this on the air today on AM950 The Fan in Denver and I'll repeat it here.

Brandon Marshall's involvement in the murder of Darrent Williams has been seriously overblown by certain media outlets. Yes, Brandon was there at the club, and there in the limo, but he did not cause this in any way shape or form.

:kicksrock: 2 1sts for a 1st and Javon Walker? Walker was in better condition when we traded him to DEN... ACL surgery is pretty routine with NFL surgeons. Now he needs microfracture surgery... the PT side of me will tell you that is always risky business, and could very well be a problem that plagues him for his career. Also, we did not get a 3rd, we got a 2nd round pick and traded it away to NE (Chad Jackson WR) for a later second (Greg Jennings WR) and a 3rd round pick (Jason Spitz G/C)Jennings should have been in the probowl this year, and Spitz is turning out to be a solid backup with potential to start here and there at G or C! At the time everyone (myself included) thought we got ripped off getting a late 2nd and mid 3rd round pick for Javon Walker... turned out fantastic

clearly Brett Favre was the problem when Walker left GB
That was the press. Brett made one statement but most people thought it was said over and over.Then Javon got hurt and things went downhill. If it hadn't happened he would have gotten his money but Brett was blamed. Javon isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and got a lot of bad advice.
:kicksrock:
Javon is about as sharp as a pair of childrens scissors.

He's never really shown that he has recovered from the knee injury. I don't see why anyone would want to pay big money to a big "?". He would have to do a Randy Moss type deal (not that he is worth that much, but a short-term, incentive laden option).

Very interesting... GB wasn't a franchise headed in the right direction when TT took over, and now they're 13-3, tied a franchise record for the most wins.Walker wanted out after his injury because he felt underpaid, but GB wasn't going to give him the money he felt he deserved- he had 2 years left on his deal and he just had an ACL injury. So off he goes to DEN, a franchise which at the time was fairly goodFast forward a couple years later- Walker is having troubles with his knee dating back to the preseason and mini camps. He's again on a franchise headed in the right direction, but have gone down hill since Walker came there.Clearly this guy is just a complete tool. He was my favorite player on our team his rookie season up until he turned into a selfish jerk and demanded out. Kind of nice to see him in the same situation now- unhappy. I don't get it...He's the #1 WR and go to guy, but unhappy with how he's paid, and then he gets his money... now he's on a team that he clearly isn't the go-to guy as Cutler has more of a connection with Marshall. So now Walker wants someone to pick up his salary and make him a go-to WR? GB doesn't want him- we don't need him. He'd be #4-5 on our team depending if he'd be better than Koren Robinson... and even if he is, that's way too much money to pay a $#4 WR. This is just too funny. Here he goes throwing a fit again until he gets his way. He'll never be happy no matter where he goes. Drew Rosenhaus inflated his head during his first probowl the year before he got hurt. Walker signed Rosenhaus as his agent and the rest is history. Walker was a class act until his head was blown up almost to the point of Terrell Owens- another player I enjoy seeing unhappy. Walker- you made your bed, now sleep in it. Denver will be lucky to get a 4th round draft pick for him... I could see him going to somewhere like MIA, ATL, maybe even SF...
How come whenever there is a troubled WR on the mareket or potentially on the market Atlanta gets mentioned? They've mad eit clear they don't like those type of guys. They didn't go for TO, they didn't go for Moss, why the heck would they go for Walker?

Denver will be lucky to get a 4th round draft pick for him... I could see him going to somewhere like MIA, ATL, maybe even SF...
How come whenever there is a troubled WR on the mareket or potentially on the market Atlanta gets mentioned? They've mad eit clear they don't like those type of guys. They didn't go for TO, they didn't go for Moss, why the heck would they go for Walker?
With Roddy White, Laurent Robinson and Jenkins, they don't really need a WR any more. Tennessee does and I suspect they'd be desperate enough to take the chance on the talented, but selfish JW.

:confused: Except they won't get a 5th round pick for him. The Broncos are going to cut him, as they should. Love people blaming the effect of Darrent Williams death on Walker's selfish actions. Walker was selfish in Green Bay, and he is selfish in Denver. Throw in damaged knees, and his career as a # 1, or even # 2 are gone.

With Roddy White, Laurent Robinson and Jenkins, they don't really need a WR any more. Tennessee does and I suspect they'd be desperate enough to take the chance on the talented, but selfish JW.
I think we all saw this year that it wasn't the WRs but the QB that was the problem.

Javon Walker = moron. He's also just not that good. He'd be #4 on the Packers.
FavreCo is the new H.K.
FredEx? Who does this refer to?
Freddie Mitchell, the man with more nicknames than talent.

Javon has a two cent head and he gets doubly bad advice between his Pops and his agent. He is also a supreme talent and a hard worker. If he can recover, and he is still young so he just may, he could really impact a team. That he mentions the Packers shows maybe he is growing up and recognizing his mistake there. It also of course shows he cannot evaluate a teams need, unless he can play corner, safety or guard.

I resented his power play try back in Green Bay. I also did not hold the Packers blameless in the matter. Had they showed him just a little love and support when he got injured, had they publicly assured him he was in their plans and that they had cleared salary room for his negotiation much of this could have been avoided. There was plenty of blame to go around in that matter. I'd still like to see Walker do well.

Users who are viewing this thread