What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (2 Viewers)

If it ends up that close, then we're going to be hearing alot about those Florida and Michigan delegates in the coming weeks.
Like I said earlier...if they count those delegates, I will start burning #### down.
But was that not the point of the 'undecided' votes in Michigan that those votes could go to Obama?
doesn't matter...Obama and Edwards did what the national party wanted them to, yet Hillary can not only crow about those "victories" but then actually count the delegates? Bull####I'll never vote for a Democrat as long as I live if that crap ends up deciding the nomination.

Isn't anyone worried that the only places he's winning are states that will never elect a Democrat?
No, because in the general those Hillary supporters will come right over to Obamaland. Not so sure about the Obama supporters automatically moving to Hillarville...I know I won't.

If it ends up that close, then we're going to be hearing alot about those Florida and Michigan delegates in the coming weeks.
Like I said earlier...if they count those delegates, I will start burning #### down.
But was that not the point of the 'undecided' votes in Michigan that those votes could go to Obama?
doesn't matter...Obama and Edwards did what the national party wanted them to, yet Hillary can not only crow about those "victories" but then actually count the delegates? Bull####I'll never vote for a Democrat as long as I live if that crap ends up deciding the nomination.
And I am pretty sure it is that attitude that will keep them from counting. You aren't the only one saying that.

Isn't anyone worried that the only places he's winning are states that will never elect a Democrat?
Any democrat is going to have to steal a couple of those red states back to win. Which would mean if Hillary gets the nomination, there should be significant concern that Obama won the states that she needs to steal from the republicans. As bad as the republicans have been, I don't see any blue states going over to the republicans, so who really cares which democrat they prefer?

No, because in the general those Hillary supporters will come right over to Obamaland. Not so sure about the Obama supporters automatically moving to Hillarville...I know I won't.
If McCain wasn't so f'ing war mongering I would consider him over Hillary as well.
:lmao: His foreign policy is even worse than hers.

If Obama fails to win the nomination it will because he failed to get the Hispanic vote.
It actually could be more about the BS "super delegate" vote. Ridiculous.
Oh yeah, I'll burn #### down in that case as well. :lmao:
Are you sure you just don't want to burn something down regardless?
:lmao: :lmao: Am I coming across as an angry firebug just looking for an excuse? :lmao:
Could be.

Ari Fleischer: "Hillary Clinton is the great equalizer... give me Hillary Clinton and the Republicans keep the White House."
why these people voting for Hillary don't get that is beyond me...Obama vs. McCain is a landslide.
This is going on every one of my posts until this thing is decided. I hope the Clinton supporters on this board and around the country think about what they are fighting for.

Hillary and McCain's foreign policies probably wouldn't be drastically different.

Both would be terrible for the country.

Come on Obama, you son of a #####.

If Obama fails to win the nomination it will because he failed to get the Hispanic vote.
Oh yeah, I'll burn #### down in that case as well. :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: Am I coming across as an angry firebug just looking for an excuse? :lmao:
Could be.
Enough talk, let's start burning :hot:

Ari Fleischer: "Hillary Clinton is the great equalizer... give me Hillary Clinton and the Republicans keep the White House."
why these people voting for Hillary don't get that is beyond me...Obama vs. McCain is a landslide.
This is going on every one of my posts until this thing is decided. I hope the Clinton supporters on this board and around the country think about what they are fighting for.
They do think. They just don't think strategically. McCain will get nominated because he's strategically the best shot for the Republicans to win, and not because he matches the position of most conservatives (because he's not).

Clinton will get nominated (but I hope I'm wrong) because she matches the position of most liberals, and not because she's stratigically the best shot for the Democrats to win (because she's not).

The word is that the more Obama speaks, the more voters like his message. In other words, he is still a bit unknown (after all, most voters do not pay attention until september) and has upside. On the other hand, he is very inexperienced and could say something very stupid in the heat of an election that sinks him. Hillary probably won't shoot herself in the foot.

So was yesterday a good day for Obama?That's the question.
Well it looks like its being spun as a Hillary win because of CA, NY, and MA. However, if you had told Obama he'd win 13 (maybe 14 states with NM pending), and more importantly probably more overall delegates b/c of blowouts in a number of those states, he would have taken it in a second. This may turn into a pyrrhic victory for her especially if he wins all contests over the next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
So was yesterday a good day for Obama?

That's the question.
Well it looks like its being spun as a Hillary win because of CA, NY, and MA. However, if you had told Obama he'd win 13 (maybe 14 states with NM pending), and more importantly probably more overall delegates b/c of blowouts in a number of those states, he would have taken it in a second. This may turn into a pyrrhic victory for her especially if he wins all contests over the next week.
I'll admit, I had to google that word.

How Clinton, McCain may have won California

Posted: 06:26 AM ET

(CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton can thank Latino and Asian voters for her projected victory in California. Early exit polls indicate that Sen. Barack Obama carried white voters in California because of his overwhelming support among white men. White women, as in other states, more often supported Clinton. Black voters overwhelmingly favored Obama but Asian voters, whose numbers are comparable to blacks, went overwhelmingly for Clinton. The deciding factor may have been Latinos, who make up roughly 30 percent of California's Democratic vote. They went for Clinton by a two-to-one margin.

Oh yeah, I'll burn #### down in that case as well. :lol:
:lmao: :lmao: Am I coming across as an angry firebug just looking for an excuse? :unsure:
Or an amped up fire fighter in a slow house... :unsure:

Not that they would go strictly to Obama. The Obama people said that if you supported him you were to vote uncommitted. That will be the logic in their argument that the convention should seat them. Obama should have campaigned or left his name on the ballot(like Hillary did) in Michigan if he wanted those votes. Popular vote in Michigan went to Hillary.

Superdelegates and their families are a ####!
Someone explain super delegates to me like I'm Woz and the subject is women.
Just listened to an explanation on CNN. The guys said, and I'm paraphrasing, "superdelegates are party big wigs and elected officials that vote for sections/blocks of their constituency to make the voting process more efficient." In other words, the superdelegates will go to Clinton.

Superdelegates are delegates to a presidential nominating convention in the United States who are not bound by the decisions of party primaries or caucuses. Superdelegates are elected officeholders and party officials. They are sometimes referred to as "unpledged delegates," but some unpledged delegates are not superdelegates.

Superdelegates were first appointed in the 1970s, after control of the nomination process in the Democratic Party effectively moved out of the hands of party officials into the primary and caucus process. The aim was to grant some say in the process to people who had been playing roles in the party before the election year.

The Republican Party has 123 similarly automatically appointed delegates, members of the Republican National Committee. Including these appointees, the Republican Party has 463 unpledged delegates out of a total of 2,380 delegates.[1]

In the Democratic primary phase of the 2004 U.S. Presidential election, Howard Dean acquired an early lead in delegate counts by obtaining the support of a number of superdelegates before even the first primaries were held.

The Democratic Party is often criticized during election cycles for conducting primary elections in a non-democratic fashion, since superdelegates are appointed by the party and are not obligated to support the candidate chosen by the voters. There have been repeated calls to eliminate the superdelegates from the primaries to more accurately reflect the popular vote.
link

Just listened to an explanation on CNN. The guys said, and I'm paraphrasing, "superdelegates are party big wigs and elected officials that vote for sections/blocks of their constituency to make the voting process more efficient." In other words, the superdelegates will go to Clinton.
Not neccesarily. Obama already has some and all of them can vote how they want at the convention.

Can someone explain the superdelegates to me? I understand who they are, but are the affected at all by the popular vote or do they just vote for whomever they want regardless of the vote?

ETA NM NCC just answered above.

Not neccesarily. Obama already has some and all of them can vote how they want at the convention.
yeah...plus he should end up cleaning up red state super delegate. I have a feeling it'll be a big non-issue in the end. If Obama has the pledged delegate edge in the end and is polling better than Clinton against McCain, the party bigwigs will end up backing him.

great night for obama. the only thing that kept it being a total disaster for hillary was California. that state saved her campaign. she's got to target PA, OH and TX. I think Obama picks up VA, NC, MD, LA and WI. Up for grabs will be WA and OR.

The number of states won is completely misleading. Unless you are one to consider North Dakota as important as CA, MA, etc.

great night for obama. the only thing that kept it being a total disaster for hillary was California. that state saved her campaign. she's got to target PA, OH and TX. I think Obama picks up VA, NC, MD, LA and WI. Up for grabs will be WA and OR.
I think Obama has a good chance in PA. He should get endorsed by the Mayor of Philadelphia (recently elected African American who was not the democratic party's choice in the primary either).

As an Obama supporter, I will definitely take last night's results.

Mass and Cali were disappointing, for sure, but those would have been mild surprises for me if they had gone Obama's way. Even with all the superdelegates and crap, the difference will be less than 100 after last night, with Obama winning many states, including Missouri and Connecticut, which IMO are BIG wins.

It is anyone's race at this point, which is all I could have asked for as an Obama guy. It is going to be all out war.

:goodposting:

The number of states won is completely misleading. Unless you are one to consider North Dakota as important as CA, MA, etc.
ND is important as once again it shows that Obama has a play with a white consituency. I was listening to Paul Harvey this morning and he made the claim that Hillary won the traditional democratic vote while Obama won the black vote. That is very shortsighted viewpoint in my mind.

For those of you with wives/GF's that are into Hillary because of the chick-thing, here's a pretty decent article on Huffingtonpost...pass it on. :confused:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kimberle-cre...t-_b_85165.html
Homer, I excitedly clicked the link with a finger poised on the print button.Then I saw all those big words. No way a woman understands 10% of that.
I understood the article just fine, hook. Why wouldn't other women understand it?

Back in for another $50 on Obama.

When people see Obama, people like Obama. Now that Super Tuesday is past, he's going to be able to do a lot more retail campaigning in the upcoming states, and people are going to move his way.

He could run the table on Hillary over the next week -- it's going to be a blowout in the DC-MD-VA "Potomac Primary" next Tuesday.

True, but where it counts (# of delegates and surpassing expectations/winning the media "narrative"), you have to admit this was a win for Obama.

I'm surprised all these Obama supporters refuse to vote Hillary. Is that even if he is VP? How big of a supporter are you if you wouldn't support him for VP?

I'm surprised all these Obama supporters refuse to vote Hillary. Is that even if he is VP? How big of a supporter are you if you wouldn't support him for VP?
I could get onboard a Clinton-Obama ticket, I suppose.But why even talk about that? It is at least even money at this point as to whether Obama will win the nomination. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I see the Clinton campaign subtly pushing the story that a Clinton-Obama ticket would be unstoppable, and suggesting that Obama wouldn't pick Clinton (true), but Clinton would pick Obama.

I'm now hearing that once the dust settles, Obama might end up with more delegates last night -- is this true?

It pisses me off to think of the calculation behind Hillary's past decades.

She stayed with Bill, one of the most known philanderers, to be able to cash in on his support among the people and his political connections. I almost guarantee there was some sort of overt contract worked out between them as in she would stay with him IF he would throw his support behind her and use all his connections to help her succeed when the time comes.

Also, she set out to become senator of New York knowing that it was rich with delegates and that she'd need strong support like that to launch a presidential campaign. She had no business being a senator in New York, never lived there, had to place residence there just to be able to run for the position. Cool, calculated move to set her up just for a night like we saw last night. She knew she couldn't win a California senate position, so New York became the next most lucrative, and winnable, place for her to bounce to the presidency.

She's been planning this for years, pouring every bit of herself into this, working her contacts, laying foundations, staying with a husband who obviously cared little for her as a wife, and this is all she can pull off? She has arguably the most dominant political machine in the country, the most connections, the best name recognition, senate experience in New York, 8 years in the white house, ties to all of the major players in the democratic party...and along comes this guy with few connections, a horrible name, little experience, and he's almost caught up to her in a period of a year.

Why, oh why, isn't this a sign to more people that Hillary should not be our next president? She's essentially the rich kid who has been given EVERY privilege possible, and this guy comes along with unbelievable natural talent and runs nearly even with her. This should be a huge story, but it's not what's coming out now.

I suggest for people who think Obama didn't do much here, or who think Hillary really accomplished a lot last night, to step back and look and think that Hillary has been running for the presidency for over a decade. Obama, just about 1 year. And it's nearly tied.

Users who are viewing this thread