What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** FBG's Goal Line Blitz Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

There is something going on with this game... :goodposting:

Abe is playing for BIG BUCKS this offseason. 2 more sacks and 10 hurries.

Keys Myaths said:
phthalatemagic said:
WVU Alum said:
My WR was just traded, for the third time. I went from the #2 WR to the #5. I fail to see the value in the trade for the team that got me, but that doesn't mean anything. Guess I'll just play out a game or two until they inevitably trade me away too.
Damn. We need a WR, and you'd be at least the #3 on the Pregls.Pregls current needs:OT - primary backup, will get alot of playing timeWR - need two of theseFS, SS, CB
Would I start next year as a level 15-16 CB?I'd be very willing to jump from the Red Warriors.
Absolutely. :goodposting:

kerpow said:
I want to get an opinion here on quality of team v touches. I am the starting TE on a pretty good team; we made the second playoff round in the Oceania Pro league last season and will contend again this year. But I just get so few looks; just 2 or 3 targets each game (which I convert into receptions). Its obvious that my guy is not really a blocking TE though I haven't completely ignored blocking stats.

Am I doing something wrong or should I look for another team where I may have a chance of better stats, but the team may suck.

Here's my dude:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=62137

I doubt the owner would be too keen to make changes to the tactics to accommodate me while we're winning.
TE isn't easy to guarantee targets. I wish I knew a magic formula to do it. I have a great TE on my team, I have the QB make him the favorite target, I even decreased the number of long passes so his routes would be targeted more often - it's still hit or miss.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I figured out how to get your game number so you can "watch" the game in advance by opening up the page before the game starts and reload as plays get simmed.

It seems like the game #s are randomly assigned based on your team or your opponent. Go to your last game # and add one to it, that could be your next game.

If it isn't, go to your opponents last game and add one to it. This could be your next game.

If it isn't (because your opponents last game # was in sequence with his opponent in that game) go to your opponents next last game and add one. Keep repeating this process going back to your opponents last game and adding one until you find your game.

Re-reading that I don't know if it makes sense or not, but it works.

IU'm 2nd in the league in sacks.
Probably stating the obvious here, but most of the OL is in the top 5 for pancakes :DWe also have more than double the team pancakes as the next highest team.We also lead the league in rushing TDs (14) and rushing yards allowed per game (10.9!) :shock:

Keys Myaths said:
phthalatemagic said:
WVU Alum said:
My WR was just traded, for the third time. I went from the #2 WR to the #5. I fail to see the value in the trade for the team that got me, but that doesn't mean anything. Guess I'll just play out a game or two until they inevitably trade me away too.
Damn. We need a WR, and you'd be at least the #3 on the Pregls.Pregls current needs:OT - primary backup, will get alot of playing timeWR - need two of theseFS, SS, CB
Would I start next year as a level 15-16 CB?I'd be very willing to jump from the Red Warriors.
Absolutely. :whoosh:
I am all for that! Helps phthalatemagic's other team and weakens a top competitor for our Warlords.

Warlords have the following needs:

Major needs: TE and FB. Need to fill up the lineup- our starters energy is getting sapped from too many snaps.

Needs for Upgrade: LB- level 10's and up.

Minor needs: most other positions other than QB, HB, K, and P.

Probably stating the obvious here, but most of the OL is in the top 5 for pancakes :DWe also have more than double the team pancakes as the next highest team.We also lead the league in rushing TDs (14) and rushing yards allowed per game (10.9!) :fishing:
Rollin Pancake is feeling like the redheaded step child. Only ranked #11 in the conference (of roughly 80 starters)... all my boys are top 5... I'm making us look bad.

Probably stating the obvious here, but most of the OL is in the top 5 for pancakes :DWe also have more than double the team pancakes as the next highest team.We also lead the league in rushing TDs (14) and rushing yards allowed per game (10.9!) :D
Rollin Pancake is feeling like the redheaded step child. Only ranked #11 in the conference (of roughly 80 starters)... all my boys are top 5... I'm making us look bad.
Don't feel bad. It's probably becuase your guy is going up against their NT or something and he's the toughest one to put on his ###. I have a guard, and he doens't get many pancakes either. The entire line is awesome IMO, and that includes our TE and FB! :fishing:

Probably stating the obvious here, but most of the OL is in the top 5 for pancakes :DWe also have more than double the team pancakes as the next highest team.We also lead the league in rushing TDs (14) and rushing yards allowed per game (10.9!) :D
Don't feel bad. It's probably becuase your guy is going up against their NT or something and he's the toughest one to put on his ###. I have a guard, and he doens't get many pancakes either. The entire line is awesome IMO, and that includes our TE and FB! :fishing:
Looks like most of my cakes come from pulling.

I would love to get one of my guys on another FBG team. I have a RB that is the backup on our team. he is level 11 and I would trade him to you guys for a backup to take his place.
What are his stats?
Player AttributesPhysical Attributes Football Skills Strength: 31.65 Blocking: 12.2 Speed: 46.54 Tackling: 7 Agility: 25.65 Throwing: 12.2 Jumping: 12.2 Catching: 12.2 Stamina: 29.23 Carrying: 20.65 Vision: 20.65 Kicking: 8 Confidence: 17.65 Punting: 9 So far in 2 games he has 222 yards and 4 TD's as a backup.
I'll have to tell Snellman about you.....he might have to replace himself with you though :football:
Seriously, Iowa could use a guy like that. Not to replace anyone, but to be used in tandem.

why Speed: 61.32
OK. If that's your base speed, then your other scores are ####. I'm really surprised that works! If you start a 20, which is doubtful, but just to keep it simple - you do... 20 plus 15 points at first level - 35 speed.level 2 up to 13 is 60 more points to spendto get speed up to 61, you needed to spend another 27 pointsThat leaves you 33 points to spend on agility, stamina, strength, jumping, catching, not to mention the skill tree. I'm just really shocked someone would go nearly all out on speed like that and it actually work. Feel free to show me where my math is wrong if it is.

OK. If that's your base speed, then your other scores are ####. I'm really surprised that works! If you start a 20, which is doubtful, but just to keep it simple - you do... 20 plus 15 points at first level - 35 speed.level 2 up to 13 is 60 more points to spendto get speed up to 61, you needed to spend another 27 pointsThat leaves you 33 points to spend on agility, stamina, strength, jumping, catching, not to mention the skill tree. I'm just really shocked someone would go nearly all out on speed like that and it actually work. Feel free to show me where my math is wrong if it is.
your wrong so wrong send me a message and i will show you

your wrong so wrong send me a message and i will show you
Yeah, I apparently don't get it. :lmao: explain it to me by pm if you want

Hey guys,

The team I’m on has nine inactive players this morning including 4 of 9 offensive linemen. At one time it was an upper tier team making it to the conference championship last season loosing 6-3 in a defensive battle. My guy led the league in rushing TD’s.

I don’t know why everybody quitting. The owner is a solid guy, our finances are fine, and the Defensive Coordinator does tons of research. We seem to have a solid starting lineup with two excellent RB’s, but the lack of depth is killing us.

Our starters are all in the 10-13 level range, but we’d probably take any help we can get. We’ll probably still make the playoffs, but the top two teams are leaps and bounds ahead because of their depth.

If interested, check out the Porto Reconquistas in the Western Europe AAA#2.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=627

The owner:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=13455

If we can’t right the ship, I’ll be looking for work. Need an RB?

Dozer Dogmeat:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=35744

Sure wish I’d gone for one of the original fbg teams instead of clicking on the first offer I got. Live and learn I guess.

Anybody else in the same boat want to consider some kind of merge?

USA A #3 League

Score: 0-102

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=18902

Three times the opponent scored either a FG or TD, kicked off, forced a fumble on the KR, recovered the fumble, returned the fumble for a TD. 2 scores in under 2 seconds, three different times!!!!!

Yikes. . .

This team must have been used for a farm team to farm players, because at 0-6 and outscored 361-0, something's amiss. . .

I'm going to join this tonight. Whose link should I use?
If no one else chimes in, here is minehttp://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=195119
Done.Ok. Prodigious Johnson, LB, is now in the game.
Prodigious!!! :confused: Between my own account and my son's account, I've created a bunch of "Adjectivious" Jones brothers, half-brothers and step-brothers in the game. All their avatars are black-and-white photos of black celebrities from the 50s and 60s.

WR Loquacious Jones (Sidney Poitier)

WR Gregarious Jones (Nipsey Russell)

WR Melodious Jones (Nat King Cole)

TE Curious Jones (Sammy Davis Jr.)

HB Vainglorious Jones (Cassius Clay)

LB Furious Jones (Miles Davis)

LB Notorious Jones (Malcolm X)

CB Delirious Jones (Jimi Hendrix)

I can't believe I hadn't thought of Prodigious!

USA A #3 League

Score: 0-102

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=18902

Three times the opponent scored either a FG or TD, kicked off, forced a fumble on the KR, recovered the fumble, returned the fumble for a TD. 2 scores in under 2 seconds, three different times!!!!!

Yikes. . .

This team must have been used for a farm team to farm players, because at 0-6 and outscored 361-0, something's amiss. . .
They might have the players but perhaps the players just don't have the game experience and are gaining it as they play. The owner could also be learning the settings as he goes.

Hey guys,

The team I’m on has nine inactive players this morning including 4 of 9 offensive linemen. At one time it was an upper tier team making it to the conference championship last season loosing 6-3 in a defensive battle. My guy led the league in rushing TD’s.

I don’t know why everybody quitting. The owner is a solid guy, our finances are fine, and the Defensive Coordinator does tons of research. We seem to have a solid starting lineup with two excellent RB’s, but the lack of depth is killing us.

Our starters are all in the 10-13 level range, but we’d probably take any help we can get. We’ll probably still make the playoffs, but the top two teams are leaps and bounds ahead because of their depth.

The owner:

Dozer Dogmeat:

Sure wish I’d gone for one of the original fbg teams instead of clicking on the first offer I got. Live and learn I guess.

Rayderr's Oakland Earthquakes team is one week from half the team hitting free agency and no sign of Rayderr. I will post your link the forum if guys want to move to your team

Hey guys,

The owner:

Dozer Dogmeat:

Rayderr's Oakland Earthquakes team is one week from half the team hitting free agency and no sign of Rayderr. I will post your link the forum if guys want to move to your team
Homes could probably be found on the Pregls and the Warlods as well.

My Level 5 WR needs a home. The owner got me as a throw-in in a 5 player deal. He said he is willing to trade me cheap. I don't want to be lower then #3 right now if possible.

Monty Brewster

I have a question.

I have a Center who is listed as a backup at the Center position on the depth chart but not listed in the Guard depth charts. Earlier in the season I had more plays from Guard than from Center because our starting Center is the stud of the team.

I am up to lvl 9 and fully equiped but last week I only got 17 snaps. So I am wondering if I should ask the team owner about listing me as a backup at one of the Guard positions.

I have a question.I have a Center who is listed as a backup at the Center position on the depth chart but not listed in the Guard depth charts. Earlier in the season I had more plays from Guard than from Center because our starting Center is the stud of the team.I am up to lvl 9 and fully equiped but last week I only got 17 snaps. So I am wondering if I should ask the team owner about listing me as a backup at one of the Guard positions.
I try not to put players out of position because they are suppose to get hit with a big negative. Level 9 is not chopped liver even if you are not super star. The owner could change the energy settings to have you get a few more snaps from the starter and then also put you on special teams to get you more snaps. In the end, it does not hurt to ask.

I have a question.

I have a Center who is listed as a backup at the Center position on the depth chart but not listed in the Guard depth charts. Earlier in the season I had more plays from Guard than from Center because our starting Center is the stud of the team.

I am up to lvl 9 and fully equiped but last week I only got 17 snaps. So I am wondering if I should ask the team owner about listing me as a backup at one of the Guard positions.
I try not to put players out of position because they are suppose to get hit with a big negative. Level 9 is not chopped liver even if you are not super star. The owner could change the energy settings to have you get a few more snaps from the starter and then also put you on special teams to get you more snaps.

In the end, it does not hurt to ask.
Not entirely accurate.Players in similar positions only get a very slight modification (ie OT vs G vs C) CB playing as a 5th WR, it gets a little more as they get further (ie D-line filling in at O-line), etc

My DE has filled in on a half dozen plays as the OT, and he has 2-3 pancakes...so the hit can't be that bad...

New DL needing a home: Phineas Rage, 6'2", 246

Already own a Lv13RB, but thought I'd manage the other side of the ball for a while. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread