What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** FBG's Goal Line Blitz Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

What can I do? will not trade me will not play me...when i get my chance returned 5 punts 3 kickoffs...no one can catch me...Csjobs? something like that he has 40 players and I finally peed him off..figured I would turn to the FFA heres my stats...Strength: 19.98 Blocking: 12.4 Speed: 61.32 Tackling: 7 Agility: 17.98 Throwing: 12.4 Jumping: 12.4 Catching: 14.4 Stamina: 29.77 Carrying: 26.44 Vision: 21.56 Kicking: 8 Confidence: 16.98 Punting: 10
The only stat you are missing is the "Man up and quit #####ing all the time" category.

What can I do? will not trade me will not play me...when i get my chance returned 5 punts 3 kickoffs...no one can catch me...Csjobs? something like that he has 40 players and I finally peed him off..figured I would turn to the FFA heres my stats...Strength: 19.98 Blocking: 12.4 Speed: 61.32 Tackling: 7 Agility: 17.98 Throwing: 12.4 Jumping: 12.4 Catching: 14.4 Stamina: 29.77 Carrying: 26.44 Vision: 21.56 Kicking: 8 Confidence: 16.98 Punting: 10
The only stat you are missing is the "Man up and quit #####ing all the time" category.
the only stat im missing is play me...1 percent of the time...jus trade me

The Grinnell Pioneers have advanced to 7-0 with a 63-0 win. We've also now achieved a 30 overall rating. My RB, Heath Ledger, has 15 TDs and 848 yds through 7 games... not bad.

the only stat im missing is play me...1 percent of the time...jus trade me
This really isn't the place for this, but I'll lay it out for you.I will not be trading until the offseason. You have already screwed up my team plenty with your incessant compaining and me-first attitude. I will not take a further hit on team unity becasue of you. There are three RBs: a L12, 13 and 15. We have tried our hardest to split the time and if you will read the GLB Forums, you will see everyone was having this problem because of Bort playing with the settings. But rather than accept that we doing our best to play you, you take it public every week #####ing and moaning. I'm sick of it. The GM is sick of it. The Offensive and Defensive Coordinators are sick of it. Your teammates are sick of it. I have six teams and NOT ONE of the GMs is willing to take you and your baggage. Maybe you should reflect on how everyone who knows you does not want you. You have two choices at this point:1) Be quiet,keep active, play hard, and manage to not piss me off any further and you will get PT as I have told you we always intended for you: 10-15 plays plus all returns. There is and never was a conspiracy to prevent you from that. They kept changing the game setting out from under us.2) COntinue to be a vocal malcontent and you will nver set foot on the field again on one of my teams. We ahve plenty of talent and do not need you. If you bring anything but your talent to the game it is a net sum loss. You are going no where until the offseason.At that point I will try and trade you for a similarly leveled and contracted player.

why lie... im a 14 and he just got to a 15,,,i know you are n love with him..half the team loved my attitude could not understand why I was not starting so good luck with that...fine i will not play for you so that leaves you with one choice not 2..I got many choices

2) COntinue to be a vocal malcontent and you will nver set foot on the field again on one of my teams. We ahve plenty of talent and do not need you. If you bring anything but your talent to the game it is a net sum loss.

So just trade me

why lie... im a 14 and he just got to a 15,,,i know you are n love with him..half the team loved my attitude could not understand why I was not starting so good luck with that...fine i will not play for you so that leaves you with one choice not 2..I got many choices

2) COntinue to be a vocal malcontent and you will nver set foot on the field again on one of my teams. We ahve plenty of talent and do not need you. If you bring anything but your talent to the game it is a net sum loss.

So just trade me
Losing battle here. He has more options than A) Play you the snaps you want. B) Drop/Trade you.

There is C) Bench you out of the depth chart and have you rot on the bench getting 0 playing time and then ban you from the team forum. He can then trade or drop you in the off-season, meanwhile you have not leveled up because you have 0 playing time and can only train. The only thing it costs him is your salary.

but more importantly....

NO PISSING IN THE GLB THREAD!!!!

An update to the Warlords QB situation.

I benched the brat QB off my depth chart and signed a level 10 with no signing bonus but a rather large salary. And then I began to shop the brat QB for the best trade I could find. Meanwhile, I banned the brat QB from our forum.

Disco Stu posted a lead for a QB looking for a trade. I was able to negoitate a cash only deal for $250K. He has already proven to be a great upgrade for our position at level 13 and a very good build that fits our offense WAY better.

-Thank you to Disco Stu!!! :lmao:

My negoitations with the first team that I was talking to began to stall a bit. He kept trying to get me to go lower on an all cash deal. I finally said 'screw it' and started looking at all USA BBB leagues and contacting the 0-6 teams with usually level 4-6 QB's and sent them them all offers. Maxed out the all cash offer to $280K and wrote this message "Active owner who wants to throw more. Multiple offers sent to various teams- first to accept it, gets him." and about 10 minutes and 18 offers sent out- one team accepted.

So, let's review. We greatly upgraded our QB position. Added $30K. Sent the brat QB to a losing team and the only thing it 'cost' us was a couple of hits to the team chemistry. (I cut the other QB that I signed to be fair to him)

:yes: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
why lie... im a 14 and he just got to a 15,,,i know you are n love with him..half the team loved my attitude could not understand why I was not starting so good luck with that...fine i will not play for you so that leaves you with one choice not 2..I got many choices2) COntinue to be a vocal malcontent and you will nver set foot on the field again on one of my teams. We ahve plenty of talent and do not need you. If you bring anything but your talent to the game it is a net sum loss. So just trade me
kills me why should it be a battle i still got someone that callls there plays.I can still disrupt something?

An update to the Warlords QB situation. I benched the brat QB off my depth chart and signed a level 10 with no signing bonus but a rather large salary. And then I began to shop the brat QB for the best trade I could find. Meanwhile, I banned the brat QB from our forum. Disco Stu posted a lead for a QB looking for a trade. I was able to negoitate a cash only deal for $250K. He has already proven to be a great upgrade for our position at level 13 and a very good build that fits our offense WAY better. -Thank you to Disco Stu!!! :hifive: My negoitations with the first team that I was talking to began to stall a bit. He kept trying to get me to go lower on an all cash deal. I finally said 'screw it' and started looking at all USA BBB leagues and contacting the 0-6 teams with usually level 4-6 QB's and sent them them all offers. Maxed out the all cash offer to $280K and wrote this message "Active owner who wants to throw more. Multiple offers sent to various teams- first to accept it, gets him." and about 10 minutes and 18 offers sent out- one team accepted. So, let's review. We greatly upgraded our QB position. Added $30K. Sent the brat QB to a losing team and the only thing it 'cost' us was a couple of hits to the team chemistry. (I cut the other QB that I signed to be fair to him) :pirate: :lmao: :pickle:
:hifive:Warlords are looking great!

The Grinnell Pioneers have advanced to 7-0 with a 63-0 win. We've also now achieved a 30 overall rating. My RB, Heath Ledger, has 15 TDs and 848 yds through 7 games... not bad.
just trade me what kind of FFA our you...going to let me rotPlayer AttributesPhysical Attributes Football Skills Strength: 19.98 Blocking: 12.4 Speed: 61.32 Tackling: 7 Agility: 17.98 Throwing: 12.4 Jumping: 12.4 Catching: 14.4 Stamina: 29.77 Carrying: 26.44 Vision: 21.56 Kicking: 8 Confidence: 16.98 Punting:

Pluto, I'd definitely keep complaining. Maybe send along some audio of your high-pitched whining as an end-around tactic.

Cosjobs can't keep this up forever. You'll wear him down eventually, and he'll probably give you a huge flex point bonus and release you.

Stay the course, guy.

Looks like Pluto has a trade pending.....can't wait to welcome my new teammate....maybe he will be a good teammate and play nicely!

Chadstroma said:
Disco Stu posted a lead for a QB looking for a trade. I was able to negoitate a cash only deal for $250K. He has already proven to be a great upgrade for our position at level 13 and a very good build that fits our offense WAY better. -Thank you to Disco Stu!!! :rolleyes:
:loco: Glad it worked out.

orcinus said:
Pluto, I'd definitely keep complaining. Maybe send along some audio of your high-pitched whining as an end-around tactic.Cosjobs can't keep this up forever. You'll wear him down eventually, and he'll probably give you a huge flex point bonus and release you.Stay the course, guy.
:thumbup:

Has Pluto lost his status as a full-fledged Planet, reduced now to a glorified Asteroid way out there in the frigid fringe of the system? That's what I heard, anyway.

What's the O/U on pancakes, hurries, and sacks for today's game?

Final tallies: 268/15/4

Steve Minneapolis has 549 plays and 190 pancakes :)
Thanks Coach. :hifive:Actually all five of the Detroit FBG starting offensive lineman are in the top 20 in the league, including spots one, two and three.Steven Minneapolis 1902G1C 136Broadway Gee 100Dan Dierdorf 88 (6th)Rollin Pancake 50 (20th)Any way you slice it, this Oline is bad-###. :goodposting:

Steve Minneapolis has 549 plays and 190 pancakes :excited:
Thanks Coach. :hifive:Actually all five of the Detroit FBG starting offensive lineman are in the top 20 in the league, including spots one, two and three.Steven Minneapolis 1902G1C 136Broadway Gee 100Dan Dierdorf 88 (6th)Rollin Pancake 50 (20th)Any way you slice it, this Oline is bad-###. :wub:
I am confident in saying that this OL could hang with any OL in the game, even the Pro leaguers. We just run people over, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Steve Minneapolis has 549 plays and 190 pancakes ;)
Thanks Coach. :) Actually all five of the Detroit FBG starting offensive lineman are in the top 20 in the league, including spots one, two and three.

Steven Minneapolis 190

2G1C 136

Broadway Gee 100

Dan Dierdorf 88 (6th)

Rollin Pancake 50 (20th)

Any way you slice it, this Oline is bad-###. :)
I am confident in saying that this OL could hang with any OL in the game, even the Pro leaguers. We just run people over, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
props to the O-Line for helping Shirley get in the end zone 7 TIMES today.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and let you know something I have been trying to figure out for awhile.

The Riots have 2 HB's and they both have sick rushing numbers. They actually are #2 and #6 in the Conference in rushing yards. Well, my #1 HB has had fumbling problems. Bad fumbling problems to the tune of 11 in 6 games. In looking at the stats I noticed that my #2 HB has 0 fumbles in the same amount of games. In comparing the stats I noticed that my #1 HB's carrying is at 32 and my #2 HB's carrying is at 21. WTF is up with that? The main difference between them is their strength. My #1 HB was built as a elusive back and didnt have very much strength. The #2 HB was built as a powerback and had alot more strength. I am trying a different setup with my #1 HB. I am going from a 19 STR / 32 CAR to a 25 STR / 28 CAR to see if that helps.

If anyone else has any info on fumbling and what might be wrong, I would love to hear it.

Steve Minneapolis has 549 plays and 190 pancakes :)
Thanks Coach. :hifive:Actually all five of the Detroit FBG starting offensive lineman are in the top 20 in the league, including spots one, two and three.Steven Minneapolis 1902G1C 136Broadway Gee 100Dan Dierdorf 88 (6th)Rollin Pancake 50 (20th)Any way you slice it, this Oline is bad-###. :football:
Steven Minneapolis is averaging 1 pancake every 2.8 plays... that's insanity. And 2G1C ain't far behind. Based on the line stats, it is statistically possible that 5 defenders could be on their ### at the same time no less than 7 times a game. That leaves 6 standing with 10 (minus QB) runnin at em.

Steve Minneapolis has 549 plays and 190 pancakes :excited:
Thanks Coach. :hifive:Actually all five of the Detroit FBG starting offensive lineman are in the top 20 in the league, including spots one, two and three.Steven Minneapolis 1902G1C 136Broadway Gee 100Dan Dierdorf 88 (6th)Rollin Pancake 50 (20th)Any way you slice it, this Oline is bad-###. :football:
Last season the Warlords were 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 in pancakes in the league which I thought was amazing.... this blows that out of the water just due to the amount of pancakes.

The Springfield Duff Men have now allowed -0.5 yards rushing on the season thru 7 games. We have rushed for 1625....a decent differential :football:

Combined with the pancake stats above, these are prime examples why they should normalize the leagues next season and get the good teams at the top. Otherwise it is going to take 10 seasons before these crazy stats stop.

PS. I held the team I just played to 7.5 yards TOTAL for the entire game. And the team I am playing in two games is allowing 70% more points per game than the one I just spanked. It should be fun....

The Springfield Duff Men have now allowed -0.5 yards rushing on the season thru 7 games. We have rushed for 1625....a decent differential :nerd: Combined with the pancake stats above, these are prime examples why they should normalize the leagues next season and get the good teams at the top. Otherwise it is going to take 10 seasons before these crazy stats stop.
The stupid thing was that they added so many new teams and threw some of them into established leagues. I think they plan on letting the promote/demote system work things out... which it will after like 4+ seasons and that is as long as they do not make the same mistake again. I very seriously doubt they will do anything more 'drastic' to address the issue.

ATTN OWNERS:

Hey guys, I'm creating a DT and am looking to join a new team. I'll wait until the end of the season to boost so I can gain experience a little faster. Obviously I'll be joining a weaker team, so if there are any new FBG owners of mediocre teams willing to give a rookie DT some PT let me know. My user name over there is 7out7 and I have a thread in the looking for teams forum.

I already have two players on good teams, so I have an idea of how things work.

ATTN OWNERS:

Hey guys, I'm creating a DT and am looking to join a new team. I'll wait until the end of the season to boost so I can gain experience a little faster. Obviously I'll be joining a weaker team, so if there are any new FBG owners of mediocre teams willing to give a rookie DT some PT let me know. My user name over there is 7out7 and I have a thread in the looking for teams forum.

I already have two players on good teams, so I have an idea of how things work.
Offer sent. Always looking to help out a FBG. If anyoe else needs a home Dearborn Bullitt we'll find you a spot.

Need some advice: I have a lvl 6 LB who i have on a CPU team just to get some experience. I recently got a contract offer for an absurd amount of money relative to other offers I've gotten (Yearly Salary:$76200 ($1905/day); Signing Bonus:$12000; Contract Length:1yr).

Problem is, it's for a backup position. Is the extra loot worth not getting as many snaps? Is there anything I could spend the $ on that would be worth the dip in experience?

Need some advice: I have a lvl 6 LB who i have on a CPU team just to get some experience. I recently got a contract offer for an absurd amount of money relative to other offers I've gotten (Yearly Salary:$76200 ($1905/day); Signing Bonus:$12000; Contract Length:1yr). Problem is, it's for a backup position. Is the extra loot worth not getting as many snaps? Is there anything I could spend the $ on that would be worth the dip in experience?
You can upgrade your equipment at level 8 and then level 16 which gets progressively more expensive. There is suppose to be a cap on how much experience points you get in a game, so even if you are starting and playing 60 snaps a game, it may be the same as say 30 (I do not know and I am not sure if anyone knows where that 'cap' is).How deep is the roster? Will you be the primary backup? If you can get a realistic 20-30 snaps a game it should be worth it.

Need some advice: I have a lvl 6 LB who i have on a CPU team just to get some experience. I recently got a contract offer for an absurd amount of money relative to other offers I've gotten (Yearly Salary:$76200 ($1905/day); Signing Bonus:$12000; Contract Length:1yr). Problem is, it's for a backup position. Is the extra loot worth not getting as many snaps? Is there anything I could spend the $ on that would be worth the dip in experience?
You can upgrade your equipment at level 8 and then level 16 which gets progressively more expensive. There is suppose to be a cap on how much experience points you get in a game, so even if you are starting and playing 60 snaps a game, it may be the same as say 30 (I do not know and I am not sure if anyone knows where that 'cap' is).How deep is the roster? Will you be the primary backup? If you can get a realistic 20-30 snaps a game it should be worth it.
I think he has 5 higher rated LBs, but only 1 better MLB (if he's planning on using my guy there). I'll ask him what he has in mind in terms of snaps, thanks.

thecatch said:
It's a good question. I have a Lv1 WR that just signed with Chadstroma's team, which is deep with good, quality receivers. I don't regret it, as I think over time I should be able make a positive contribution. But, it's clear that I'm not going to get many snaps on this team compared to the computer squad where I got 5/50/1 in my first game. So, I think it depends on what you're looking to achieve here.I like the fact that I can sort of lurk in the background for a while with a well-run, FBG team that wins and contribute here and there while I build him up. But, I'm clearly not going to win any ROY awards this season given the quality of WRs we have around us.

Chadstroma said:
You can upgrade your equipment at level 8 and then level 16 which gets progressively more expensive.
What do you mean by upgrade? Do you add another stat to your current item, or do you have to buy a completely new piece of equipment?

Chadstroma said:
You can upgrade your equipment at level 8 and then level 16 which gets progressively more expensive.
What do you mean by upgrade? Do you add another stat to your current item, or do you have to buy a completely new piece of equipment?
You start out getting a+1 to a piece of gear you own, like cleats. At level 8 you can get another +1 in something else or +2 in the original stat.

Hey, if an FBG team could help a friend of mine out he would appreciate it. He must be on a team full of middle schoolers or something because the O Coordinator does not know how to use the HB my friend made. He made more of a speed back but the Coordinator has the rush setting on up the middle. His stats are not that great due to the offensive settings. I will post his attributes below if any of you have interest he would love to be traded to a team that knows what is going on. He is now level 10 and does not have custom equipment so he lacks a few skill points for that reason. He would obviously like to play running back and not special teams or anything like that. Any questions just PM me here or write him over there. Might need a new contract to meet equipment needs but that is about it.He also has a level 12 or 13 OT but he is on a different team.Team name - Austin LonghornsPlayer name - TA Xausted

Strength: 24.47 Blocking: 11.8 Speed: 35.73 Tackling: 9 Agility: 24.97 Throwing: 11.8 Jumping: 11.8 Catching: 19.02 Stamina: 28.64 Carrying: 21.78 Vision: 26.21 Kicking: 9 Confidence: 13.97 Punting: 9Elusive Back Attributes: 2,1,1,1

Users who are viewing this thread