What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TENN STILL IS OVERATED (1 Viewer)

Tennessee oline > Minnesota oline, Tennessee's can pass protect too

Tennessee pass D > Minnesota pass D

Tennessee coaching >>>>>>> Minnesota coaching

I don't think Adrian Peterson can offset all of that and the teams are virtually equal everywhere else...

Tennessee oline > Minnesota oline, Tennessee's can pass protect tooTennessee pass D > Minnesota pass DTennessee coaching >>>>>>> Minnesota coachingI don't think Adrian Peterson can offset all of that and the teams are virtually equal everywhere else...
I think it's Minn Oline>>>>>>>>>>>Tenn oline Minn has played GB Indy and Car all good pass rush D's... While Tenn has played Jac Cinn and HouMinn Dline>>>>>>>>>>>>>TennMinn Rb>>>>>>>>>>> TennMin QB< Tenn its not much

Not hating here but I can't believe all the attention this team has been getting.Not sure what the line is but smart $$$ is money line and Minn.The record of their 3 opp is 1-6. This has to be the most overated 3-0 team I have ever seen. Now you have "so called experts" putting them in their top 10 tThis weekend they will get beat by a middle of the road Minn team @ home..Bank on it.
They are better than they were last year with the addition of Chris Johnson, Jevon Kearse, Crumpler and getting Chris Hope back from injury. Last year they finished 10-6. They have an awesome D. Your analysis will be exposed, not Tennessee. Tennessee will not lose this game at home. 4-0...write it down. And do you really think Jax is a 1-2 team? They will be above .500 shortly

Tennessee oline > Minnesota oline, Tennessee's can pass protect tooTennessee pass D > Minnesota pass DTennessee coaching >>>>>>> Minnesota coachingI don't think Adrian Peterson can offset all of that and the teams are virtually equal everywhere else...
I think it's Minn Oline>>>>>>>>>>>Tenn oline Minn has played GB Indy and Car all good pass rush D's... While Tenn has played Jac Cinn and HouMinn Dline>>>>>>>>>>>>>TennMinn Rb>>>>>>>>>>> TennMin QB< Tenn its not much
I don't really agree with any of that, except for Peterson (when healthy) being better than Tenn's RBs.And Minnesota has never won a road game in the history of their franchise. You may think they did, but it's a myth.

I don't think there is anything to expose.

- Tennessee fielded a top-5 defense last year and was sixth in the league in rushing.

- Fast forward one season, Tennessee is still a top-5 defense and are the fifth best running team in the league.

- Ultra-physical team in the trenches (on both sides of the ball), led by one of the best coaches in the NFL.

"They are who we thought they were."

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know a team's opponents determined the strength of their oline. In that case Cleveland's must be the best unit to have ever played the game. Simply put, Minnesota's oline is absolutely awful at pass protection, Tennessee's is well rounded and is year-to-year one of the best units in the league.I'm not going to question someone thinking Minnesota's dline is better, but I will laugh at anyone that thinks Tennessee's is that much worse.

This game should be very low scoring unless CJ3 is able to get outside to break a large gain a few times and AD does better against the Titans D than I think he will.

14-10 seems about right, under 30 points total for sure.

Tennessee will be exposed, to be one of the best teams in the NFL.

Just because they're fortunate enough to catch a break with the schedule doesn't mean they're not good. You can only play who they tell you to and right now the Titans are handling their business and getting wins which isn't easy in the NFL.

Overall I see the Titans as a legit playoff caliber team. They're tough in the trenches, have a hard-nosed D and the addition of Chris Johnson gives them a big play threat they haven't had in a long time. Fisher's also a solid HC who usually has his team ready to compete. That being said I don't see the Titans as a championship level team just yet. Their passing game and QB situation is pretty limited and I think it will be tough for them to overcome that in January unless the D can really dominate. While I really like their D I'm not convinced it's good enough to cover up the flaws in the passing game when they go up against the other top teams in the playoffs. They are going to make some noise this year if their QB situation doesn't implode and with how the AFC currently looks anything maybe possible.

Heep said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
Not hating here but I can't believe all the attention this team has been getting.Not sure what the line is but smart $$$ is money line and Minn.The record of their 3 opp is 1-6. This has to be the most overated 3-0 team I have ever seen. Now you have "so called experts" putting them in their top 10 tThis weekend they will get beat by a middle of the road Minn team @ home..Bank on it.
They are better than they were last year with the addition of Chris Johnson, Jevon Kearse, Crumpler and getting Chris Hope back from injury. Last year they finished 10-6. They have an awesome D. Your analysis will be exposed, not Tennessee. Tennessee will not lose this game at home. 4-0...write it down. And do you really think Jax is a 1-2 team? They will be above .500 shortly
Tennessee will suxor as long as Collins or Young lead the offense.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
MAC_32 said:
did he say purple jesus is better than light blue jesus? i need to post this in the 34-page Chris Johnson thread and see what those folks think! :lmao: seriously, in survivor pick Tennessee with confidence (if youve already used Buffalo)I told folks last week in the survivor thread that Tenn would beat Hou by 15-20 points...this one will be between 10-13

not sure i agree with OP. i think minny is the team that is overrated. they are not a very good team. TENN will beat them and cover the spread

If Tenn gets exposed, it's going to be by a team with a high-powered and high-scoring offense, not by the likes of Minny. Tenn continues their winning ways (and btw, it does beyond 3 wins this season; dating back to 07 regular season, they have no longest winning streak in NFL after Pats loss).

Tenn 20-13 or something similar.

There's alot of similarities between these two teams with their excellent trench play, their "remember me? " QBs, their less than exciting WR corps, and their duo of Runningbacks.

I wouldn't be surprised if a big run by Johnson or Peterson is the difference this week.

WOW!

With all you jokers on Tenn wagon you would think they could win their division but we all know(atleast I hope) there is 0% chance of that.

Most of you will be jumping off soon enough. :confused:

With all you jokers on Tenn wagon you would think they could win their division but we all know(atleast I hope) there is 0% chance of that.
I've thought they were under rated since before the season began, they don't play a sexy brand of football but they do what they do very well...even better with Vince out of the picture. I see this team ending the season with 11-ish wins and having a legit shot at the division, if you think this team that won 10 games last year and are arguably better now has no chance at winning any more than 10 games you are either a damn fool or a very good fisherman.

Wasn't Jacksonville thought of as a "Super Bowl Contender"? Wasn't Houston on the cover of ESPN magazine and a trendy playoff pick?

Perhaps the reason Jacksonville is 1-2 and Houston is 0-2 is....because Tennessee beat them???

As for this game, it worries me as a Titans fan. Lendale White will average 2 yards per carry against Minnesota. What worries me is Kerry Collins throwing the game away.

Both teams are extremely similar, so I think it will be a tough, hard-hitting game. I don't know if ADP or CJ will be able to do much, but I know that whichever one breaks out will probably give their team the victory in what should be a low-scoring ballgame.

I feel like both of these teams are a good QB away from being legitimate Super Bowl contenders... all the other pieces are in place. Sure, their WRs are not world beaters, but a good QB would go a long way toward making them look better.

Imagine how good Tenn would be if they'd taken Cutler instead of VY... They would be scary.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
keep in mind, that Tenn had something to do with their opponents being 1-7 :excited:

WOW!With all you jokers on Tenn wagon you would think they could win their division but we all know(atleast I hope) there is 0% chance of that. Most of you will be jumping off soon enough. ;)
I don't quite get your angle. The Tennessee wagon dates back to last year, though I'm not sold it's a huge wagon. This is the same playoff team from last year. The same lights out defense. Then you add Chris Johnson to boost the offense. I'd say they'll be in the division hunt for most of the season.

Sure sounds like hating to me........you must be a fan of one of the teams that Tenn has beaten already...............

Sure sounds like hating to me........you must be a fan of one of the teams that Tenn has beaten already...............
Please finish your thought, you drifted off there at the endI agree with the OP. I think TEN cannot move the ball with Kerry Collins, and MIN's D will be too much for them. MIN definitely gets a win this week.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
Look at opposing record all you want...but they have been dominant on defense...and I don't see that stopping this weekend against Gus Frerrote.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
MAC_32 said:
There is more to an Oline than Run blocking...oh, and Tennessee does that pretty well too.Minny Dline that much better? I suggest you have never watched Tennessee play.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
Look at opposing record all you want...but they have been dominant on defense...and I don't see that stopping this weekend against Gus Frerrote.
I agree in that the reasons the OP is saying TEN is going to lose are faulty, but I still think they will lose. TEN is a solid team, but I just don't see them moving the ball with Kerry Collins and a banged up Justin Gage. It'll be a good game to watch though.I definitely don't think TEN is overrated. They are a very solid football team

Just sayin'.....sounds like a disgruntled fan...............I think this will be a good game, and coulld go either way. I just think that Tennessee does not get the respect they deserve. They are a good team this year, and deserve what ever accolades they may receive. Like one of the previous posters said, they were a top 5 defense last yeaqr, and that has continued over to this year. Kerry Collins may not be the best QB in the NFL, but he understand the system, and does what he has to do to move the chains. Fisherball has never been flashy, but it wins games.

Like I said, it will be a good game, and hell, Minnesota may even win. It would not surprise me.

Just please don't hate on a team because of who they played. Do you really think that New England played the best teams in the NFL on their way to a 16-0 regular season?

Teams don't make their own schedule. The NFL does.

Bottom line, I just think that Tennessee deserves whatever credit they get, and will think so until they prove me wrong.

I feel like both of these teams are a good QB away from being legitimate Super Bowl contenders... all the other pieces are in place. Sure, their WRs are not world beaters, but a good QB would go a long way toward making them look better.

Imagine how good Tenn would be if they'd taken Cutler instead of VY... They would be scary.
i screamed at the TV screen during 2006 draft because i watched Cut play for four years at Vandy and knew that was the QB of the "big three" that would be the sure thing

A couple of thoughts - I think it will be a close game - maybe 30-35 points scored in total due to similar game plans. It's had to say, "Tenn will lose because they have Collins," when Gus Frerotte is starting for Minnesota. Similarly, it's hard to say, "Minn will lose because they have Frerotte," when Kerry Collins is starting for Tenn.

I think both teams will try and establish the run, just as they seem built to do. The team that does it more effectively will likely win in a close game.

Much like the other thoughts in this thread, this should be a tough fought matchup.

However, I feel Minnesota matches up so well against Tenn. Tennessee relies on the run game to open everything up. We'll see how bad Minnesota's passing defense is when its consistently 3rd and 6 after two stuffed runs.

So Minny wins one game and all of a sudden their coaching staff and QB have gotten better?

This looks like a tough game because Minny is coming off one of it's few wins of the year (and yes I mean the 16 game year). With this coaching staff and no QB it is an 8-8 team at best. I am sorry to say this as an owner of S Rice and the Minny D but you can't win in this league without good coaching and Minny does not have that.

Tennessee will win this game, but it will be close.

Much like the other thoughts in this thread, this should be a tough fought matchup. However, I feel Minnesota matches up so well against Tenn. Tennessee relies on the run game to open everything up. We'll see how bad Minnesota's passing defense is when its consistently 3rd and 6 after two stuffed runs.
By the same token, Minnesota lives off of the run, and Tennessee has an excellent run defense. Someone said they couldn't move the ball with Collins? Seriously, they're not moving it great, but it's better than what it was. I think it really comes down to which QB makes the least mistakes.

This will be a very good and close game. I see MN winning due to the following:

AP is better then White/CJ

QB is a draw

Defense, Vikes will shut down White and CJ, Kerry C., can't win this game on his own. Allen has a big game here

WR with BB and Rice back, the Vikes are slightly better then Tenn at WR

Tenn D is good, but you can't expect them to win the game alone

The big difference Kicker, no one is hotter then Longwell right now

Final score Vikes 16 Tenn 13 no shame for either team

Much like the other thoughts in this thread, this should be a tough fought matchup. However, I feel Minnesota matches up so well against Tenn. Tennessee relies on the run game to open everything up. We'll see how bad Minnesota's passing defense is when its consistently 3rd and 6 after two stuffed runs.
By the same token, Minnesota lives off of the run, and Tennessee has an excellent run defense. Someone said they couldn't move the ball with Collins? Seriously, they're not moving it great, but it's better than what it was. I think it really comes down to which QB makes the least mistakes.
Fair enough, I agree. However, I think Minnesota has a leg up in both of these areas - both the run game and the run defense.

PahtyTom said:
No one is getting exposed. They r both good teams. It could go either way.
Titans' :mellow: , and have to agree with this statement. Frankly, I think they are quite similar teams. Strong lines, older "manage the game" type QBs, dynamic and strong running backs. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out 17-13, 13-10 either way. If the Titans' run defense really comes to play -- Titans win. If AP some how get jiggy with it, then Minny wins.I have a feeling that Fisher shows a wrinkle tomorrow that gives Tennessee the edge.
:unsure:

PahtyTom said:
No one is getting exposed. They r both good teams. It could go either way.
Titans' :thumbup: , and have to agree with this statement. Frankly, I think they are quite similar teams. Strong lines, older "manage the game" type QBs, dynamic and strong running backs. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out 17-13, 13-10 either way. If the Titans' run defense really comes to play -- Titans win. If AP some how get jiggy with it, then Minny wins.I have a feeling that Fisher shows a wrinkle tomorrow that gives Tennessee the edge.
:stirspot:
That might, in fact, be the biggest factor. Fisher >>>> Childress. Still, I'm not sure the Fisher factor will be enough to overcome that Minny run defense and ADP.

WOW!With all you jokers on Tenn wagon you would think they could win their division but we all know(atleast I hope) there is 0% chance of that. Most of you will be jumping off soon enough.
the season is a long haul. The Titans have done better using their depth to overcome injuries, thus far. We'll see how it all works out for the full season.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
The record of their 3 opp is 1-6. This has to be the most overated 3-0 team I have ever seen.
It's amazing how the opponents of 3-0 teams have a worse record than the opponents of 1-2 teams....Maybe some day, somebody can research why that might be the case.

Billy Ball Thorton said:
I agree in that the reasons the OP is saying TEN is going to lose are faulty, but I still think they will lose. TEN is a solid team, but I just don't see them moving the ball with Kerry Collins and a banged up Justin Gage. It'll be a good game to watch though.I definitely don't think TEN is overrated. They are a very solid football team
They could lose...no doubt.I think they have just enough to get it done.

This will be a very good and close game. I see MN winning due to the following:AP is better then White/CJQB is a drawDefense, Vikes will shut down White and CJ, Kerry C., can't win this game on his own. Allen has a big game hereWR with BB and Rice back, the Vikes are slightly better then Tenn at WRTenn D is good, but you can't expect them to win the game aloneThe big difference Kicker, no one is hotter then Longwell right nowFinal score Vikes 16 Tenn 13 no shame for either team
TN D is better than good...and its better than Minny's.Oh...and Longwell can be hot all he wants...he will still be the 2nd best kicker in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread