What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre talking to others teams about Packers offense (1 Viewer)

4. Detroit head coach refused to refute the report when asked about it today, offering only a "No comment." To me, that's a rather significant because if it wasn't true, why wouldn't he make it clear no conversations with Favre had ever taken place? The fact he didn't leads me to strongly believe something did occur.
Maybe that is his intent. By saying nothing it creates some dissension within the locker room and even causes the Packers to change things up. Plays, calls, game plans, et cetera. That could create an opportunity to rustle up the locker room without actually doing anything.Also, if Brett were to commit football-treason, wouldn't it be for a team that has a better chance of beating Green Bay? The Lions are long shots to beat them. I would think, if he did this, it would be to give a team a competitive advantage. I don't think this is enough to even things up for the Lions.

4. Detroit head coach refused to refute the report when asked about it today, offering only a "No comment." To me, that's a rather significant because if it wasn't true, why wouldn't he make it clear no conversations with Favre had ever taken place? The fact he didn't leads me to strongly believe something did occur.
Maybe that is his intent. By saying nothing it creates some dissension within the locker room and even causes the Packers to change things up. Plays, calls, game plans, et cetera. That could create an opportunity to rustle up the locker room without actually doing anything.Also, if Brett were to commit football-treason, wouldn't it be for a team that has a better chance of beating Green Bay? The Lions are long shots to beat them. I would think, if he did this, it would be to give a team a competitive advantage. I don't think this is enough to even things up for the Lions.
Who's to say he didn't contact other teams. Chances are this story came out of Millen's camp. He no longer holds a position with the team and has nothing to lose by releasing the information. Favre, as we all know, already had ongoing talks with the Vikings (the Packers week 1 opponent). What I don't understand is why people don't believe this is true. Glazer has everything to lose by breaking this story if it is not true. Of course Favre is going to deny it, and of course ESPN and SI are going to publish Favre's comments because he promises them exclusives.

This morning a sports guy on WTMJ in Milwaukee commented on the story then said that there a number of things that would embarrass Favre if the Packers chose to release them to the press.

If this is true, then it is really sad and pathetic and i have lost a lot of respect for the guy. I mean seriously, first he pisses and moans to get off the Packers after retirement, then he makes fun of Rodgers constantly because he is jealous. Then he calls Romo and tells him to suck it up and play. And now this!! Maybe he shoudl concentrate on the team he plays for considering they just lost to the hapless Oakland Raiders. My lord!
When has he been constantly making fun of Rodgers?
maybe it was the wrong choice of words. He has been making snide comments about Rodgers. I saw a Rodgers interview last week about it and Rodgers acted like a gentleman about the whole thing. You ahve to admit, Favre is coming off very tooish about that whole situation. I think he isreally pissed off that Rodgers looks good and the Pack isnt that bad. I bet he wanted GB to fail.

If this is true, then it is really sad and pathetic and i have lost a lot of respect for the guy. I mean seriously, first he pisses and moans to get off the Packers after retirement, then he makes fun of Rodgers constantly because he is jealous. Then he calls Romo and tells him to suck it up and play. And now this!! Maybe he shoudl concentrate on the team he plays for considering they just lost to the hapless Oakland Raiders. My lord!
maybe it was the wrong choice of words. He has been making snide comments about Rodgers. I saw a Rodgers interview last week about it and Rodgers acted like a gentleman about the whole thing. You ahve to admit, Favre is coming off very tooish about that whole situation. I think he isreally pissed off that Rodgers looks good and the Pack isnt that bad. I bet he wanted GB to fail.
Maybe I have not been paying that much attention to Favre's comments...but I have yet to see any really snide comments about him.I know earlier in they year he did mention how Rodgers was doing well and Favre thought he would.IF this report is true...I agree, Favre comes off as toolish.

wasnt the whole favre called the vikings from a packers cell phone thing made up?

couldnt this be the same thing?

Would seem like a great strategy to help your home crowd be willing to accept rodgers if he has a bad game or two.

This morning a sports guy on WTMJ in Milwaukee commented on the story then said that there a number of things that would embarrass Favre if the Packers chose to release them to the press.
I don't doubt this is true, but I expect the team to continue to take the high road with Favre. Thompson and Murphy and the board are genuinely concerned about his legacy and need to protect it despite how hard he is making that. Afterall, they still want to sign him to the marketing contract when he retires, pay him a ton more money and put #4 up on wall as the 6th retired jersey number in the history of the franchise. Certainly that becomes more difficult if he is actually out there trying to sabatoge the team.

wasnt the whole favre called the vikings from a packers cell phone thing made up? couldnt this be the same thing?Would seem like a great strategy to help your home crowd be willing to accept rodgers if he has a bad game or two.
The cell phone part was made up. The calls were made however...that much both sides (Minny and Favre) have admitted.

Why wouldn't a Detroit coach sow turmoil in Packerland with a simple 'no comment'?It's not their job to put out these silly fires.

Is this another case where it's getting made into a much bigger deal b/c the name Favre is tied to the story?So many of these guys are friends. You don't think other coaches/players call their buddies that recently played for an upcoming opponent to get any tips they can?Now if Favre just called the Lions out of the blue to sabotage, that's a little different, but I don't see how that claim will ever be substantiated since there's not going to be an investigation or anything.
Since when is Favre friends with Matt Millen and Rod Marinelli?Its not as if he was calling a former teammate like Mike Wahle in Seattle...
I'm just asking. I have no idea who called who or who. I don't know who Favre is friends with, but he has been in the league long enough to have quite a few.On a seperate but related note, remember that we're in the infotainment era of mainstream media. It's always in their best interest to take a story and make it sound as juicy as possible. That doesn't make the story false, but there could also be a few missing details that would make the whole thing seem like much ado about nothing. I still think people are being naive; that this kind of intelligence gathering doesn't go on all the time around the league since there's nothing to prohibit it.

Is this another case where it's getting made into a much bigger deal b/c the name Favre is tied to the story?So many of these guys are friends. You don't think other coaches/players call their buddies that recently played for an upcoming opponent to get any tips they can?Now if Favre just called the Lions out of the blue to sabotage, that's a little different, but I don't see how that claim will ever be substantiated since there's not going to be an investigation or anything.
Since when is Favre friends with Matt Millen and Rod Marinelli?Its not as if he was calling a former teammate like Mike Wahle in Seattle...
I'm just asking. I have no idea who called who or who. I don't know who Favre is friends with, but he has been in the league long enough to have quite a few.On a seperate but related note, remember that we're in the infotainment era of mainstream media. It's always in their best interest to take a story and make it sound as juicy as possible. That doesn't make the story false, but there could also be a few missing details that would make the whole thing seem like much ado about nothing. I still think people are being naive; that this kind of intelligence gathering doesn't go on all the time around the league since there's nothing to prohibit it.
I don't think we are being naive. And as people have mentioned...Glazer is pretty well respected.And "if true" which is the caveat many have gone on...if true, it means Favre called them. Nothing naive about it...I don't think its common for a player to go out and call another team to give them info. I don't think that goes on all the time.

I don't think we are being naive. And as people have mentioned...Glazer is pretty well respected.And "if true" which is the caveat many have gone on...if true, it means Favre called them. Nothing naive about it...I don't think its common for a player to go out and call another team to give them info. I don't think that goes on all the time.
I agree with you about calling another team unsolicited IF that's true, I said that in my original post:
Now if Favre just called the Lions out of the blue to sabotage, that's a little different, but I don't see how that claim will ever be substantiated since there's not going to be an investigation or anything.
People that dislike Favre are going to assume it is true and vice versa.The naive part was more generally about whether coaches and players are talking to other coaches and players all the time to get as much info as possible.

wasnt the whole favre called the vikings from a packers cell phone thing made up? couldnt this be the same thing?Would seem like a great strategy to help your home crowd be willing to accept rodgers if he has a bad game or two.
The cell phone part was made up. The calls were made however...that much both sides (Minny and Favre) have admitted.
I can pretty much GUARANTEE that if he did this with Detriot, Minnesota has an even better Rundown of all things Packer given Brett's continued personal friendship with Minnesotas offensive coordinator. Im guessing 60-90 minutes wouldnt come CLOSE to the amount of time he has put in getting Minny up to speed on Green Bay.

People that dislike Favre are going to assume it is true and vice versa.The naive part was more generally about whether coaches and players are talking to other coaches and players all the time to get as much info as possible.
I have no clue if its true...just going on the "if true" side right now as a speculation as its been reported.In the end, we will probably never know.I don't think anyone is denying that coaches will try talking to other coaches and players.My other question...not just to you but to anyone.Did Favre accidentally call the Raiders this week to tell them what the Jets would be doing? :)

Diamond said:
packersfan said:
Why wouldn't a Detroit coach sow turmoil in Packerland with a simple 'no comment'?It's not their job to put out these silly fires.
I dunno maybe it has something to do with Spygate last year. Do the Lions really want to admit Favre called and instead of Millen saying no thanks... he put him through to the coaching staff for a 90 minute conversation on the Packers offense?

what a sack.

the funny thing is it won't slow down the ball washing favre zealots even a little bit.

sho nuff said:
My other question...not just to you but to anyone.Did Favre accidentally call the Raiders this week to tell them what the Jets would be doing? :cry:
He had to of. That was pathetic. Not Favre as much as the playcalling. At the start they dinked and dunked and I thought the Jets were setting up the Raiders for a big play over the top. Never happened or I missed the attempt because I didn't see a ball go downfield all day. Running game was strong but the passing game had zero creativity.

jurrassic said:
Chances are this story came out of Millen's camp. He no longer holds a position with the team and has nothing to lose by releasing the information.
I'd go one further and say it's pretty clear that Millen is the source. Don't forget he has a history with Fox Sports too.

Another check of the Favre cell phone records please.If, and a big IF here, he did this I call it a punk move. Also a punk move by the Lions to accept the call, if indeed they did.
;) Classless.I heard Jay Glazer this morning state that he backs this with 1000% credibility.Favre = punk..... Get over it.

Challenge Everything said:
If the allegation is true... so what? It is not this or something similar to this has ever happened before and it will not be the last time something like this happens. Teams sign players from a team that have been cut exactly for this type of information. Again, so what. This, unlike what others have said, does nothing to Favre's reputation. All is fair in the NFL.
It is obvious from your post you don't understand the situation. I suggest you go back and read the article or give me an example when this has happened in the past.If the allegations are true this is VERY unprofessional at best.

Sabertooth said:
If the allegation is true... so what? It is not this or something similar to this has ever happened before and it will not be the last time something like this happens. Teams sign players from a team that have been cut exactly for this type of information. Again, so what. This, unlike what others have said, does nothing to Favre's reputation. All is fair in the NFL.
Link to where he signed with Detriot please. I've never heard of this happening before.
Link to where the phone call actually happened and confirmed reports as to what was said in said phone call. I have heard of teams signing other players to do this exact same thing. This story is much ado about nothing.
That's 100% different. You have to know that.Players just don't call other teams to give them inside info, it's classless and dishonorable. A slap at not only the Packer players, but ALL of the fans who have supported him over his 16 years with Green Bay.

For you to dismiss this as being a "normal thing" is completely wrong.

I wonder whether this actually has happened in the past.

In Favre's case, he'd clearly be doing this out of spite. But what about cases where Team A needs Team B to beat Team C in order to make the post-season? Wouldn't there be a strong temptation to see if you could help Team B out? Would they be willing to listen?

Did any other player who got booted for younger talent call up the other player to wish them good luck?
:blackdot: Favre retired.And anyway his beef is with the Packers front office - one would think since the Packer players were his teammates and friends he would wish them well.
"booted" doesnt necessarily mean retired. it can also mean fired, released, basically he was no longer welcome on the team, i.e. "He got the boot". With a name like Boot, one would think that you'd know this.

Said defensive end Cullen Jenkins: “I don’t know if he’s done it or not. It’s one of those things, personally and I don’t know the situation, but I just think it’s kind of messed up how he left here. Hasn’t talked to Aaron [Rodgers], wished Aaron good luck or anything or like that but he’s called everybody else, called Tony Romo and stuff like that. I don’t have nothing against Brett personally. But I think in his position, he could at least show a little more class, a little more respect to Aaron in that regard. If that was the case, if he did talk to the coaches, I could see if he told his coaches if they were going to play us. That’s all right. But if you go out of your way to talk to another team, nah, I don’t think that’s right.”
now why on Earth would Favre call up Rogers to wish him good luck? did Montana call up Young to wish him good luck? Did any other player who got booted for younger talent call up the other player to wish them good luck? Why is Favre the ambassador of "showing class"? He's a competitor through and through. He doesn't owe, nor is he owed anything. People need to get off their high horse and let things be. Players sharing info about teams is not a new concept by the way. The year that Lawyer Milloy went from the Pats to the Bills, he gave the Bills a lot of useful info about his former team. I don't remember the score, but it was a total blowout in Buffalo's favor. It was said/written afterward that Milloy's knowledge of the Pats was instrumental in helping the Bills win that game.
Um, its different when the person is sharing info for a team he is not even on.
Is it different? How so? and please don't give me a "it compromises the sanctity of the game" speech. How about Lane Kiffin giving advice to JaMarcus eventhough he's no longer on the Raiders staff? Hmm?

The point is that a lot of players on differnt teams through out the league talk to each other about other players, how they handled other players, things they saw, etc. They might not talk about how to play against their own teammates, but i see this as being no different than say a DeAngelo Hall talking to Al Harris about how he covers (or doesn't cover) Chad Johnson. You don't think these type of conversations don't happen on a daily basis?

Last edited by a moderator:
If true, what bothers me is Favre's motivation. If a former player from team A is signed by team B, and gives inside info before his new team plays the old one, he is trying to help HIS team win...which also helps him directly. What would Favre get out of this? The Jets aren't in the same division, or even the same conference, as the Packers or Lions. The only benefit to Favre would appear to be spite, and that I personally find unprofessional.

Perhaps this has happened before, but probably not with a player of Favre's stature. And what makes everyone reaction so much more severe is that Favre, and his supporters, have gone out of the way to portray Brett as the injured party in his departure from Green Bay. If you act like an innocent, you better not be caught taking anything except the highest roads.

If true, what bothers me is Favre's motivation. If a former player from team A is signed by team B, and gives inside info before his new team plays the old one, he is trying to help HIS team win...which also helps him directly. What would Favre get out of this? The Jets aren't in the same division, or even the same conference, as the Packers or Lions. The only benefit to Favre would appear to be spite, and that I personally find unprofessional.Perhaps this has happened before, but probably not with a player of Favre's stature. And what makes everyone reaction so much more severe is that Favre, and his supporters, have gone out of the way to portray Brett as the injured party in his departure from Green Bay. If you act like an innocent, you better not be caught taking anything except the highest roads.
If true, I wouldn't be surprised. This whole blowup had been due to Favre's big ego. To go out of his way to slam a team again and again would continue to show how immature he really is.

As a Bears fan I am not a Favre fan at all (though I must admit, my opinion of him is better now), but I do not see how this matters even if it is true. There is nothing in the rules that says he can not talk to other players, etc.. about his former team. Frankly, I would have to assume that anything that he would tell them they could already be getting from game film anyway. It is not like he is going to know their current hand signals (which I assume they change at some level every game) or anything of that nature.

This story just seems dumb to me.

Did any other player who got booted for younger talent call up the other player to wish them good luck?
:confused: Favre retired.And anyway his beef is with the Packers front office - one would think since the Packer players were his teammates and friends he would wish them well.
"booted" doesnt necessarily mean retired. it can also mean fired, released, basically he was no longer welcome on the team, i.e. "He got the boot".With a name like Boot, one would think that you'd know this.
Was I dreaming when I saw Favre crying at his retirement announcement? In my dream he left the Packer team of his own free will.

Said defensive end Cullen Jenkins: “I don’t know if he’s done it or not. It’s one of those things, personally and I don’t know the situation, but I just think it’s kind of messed up how he left here. Hasn’t talked to Aaron [Rodgers], wished Aaron good luck or anything or like that but he’s called everybody else, called Tony Romo and stuff like that. I don’t have nothing against Brett personally. But I think in his position, he could at least show a little more class, a little more respect to Aaron in that regard. If that was the case, if he did talk to the coaches, I could see if he told his coaches if they were going to play us. That’s all right. But if you go out of your way to talk to another team, nah, I don’t think that’s right.”
now why on Earth would Favre call up Rogers to wish him good luck? did Montana call up Young to wish him good luck? Did any other player who got booted for younger talent call up the other player to wish them good luck? Why is Favre the ambassador of "showing class"? He's a competitor through and through. He doesn't owe, nor is he owed anything. People need to get off their high horse and let things be. Players sharing info about teams is not a new concept by the way. The year that Lawyer Milloy went from the Pats to the Bills, he gave the Bills a lot of useful info about his former team. I don't remember the score, but it was a total blowout in Buffalo's favor. It was said/written afterward that Milloy's knowledge of the Pats was instrumental in helping the Bills win that game.
Is it different? How so? and please don't give me a "it compromises the sanctity of the game" speech. How about Lane Kiffin giving advice to JaMarcus eventhough he's no longer on the Raiders staff? Hmm?

The point is that a lot of players on differnt teams through out the league talk to each other about other players, how they handled other players, things they saw, etc. They might not talk about how to play against their own teammates, but i see this as being no different than say a DeAngelo Hall talking to Al Harris about how he covers (or doesn't cover) Chad Johnson. You don't think these type of conversations don't happen on a daily basis?
Wow, you really don't get it!

the people defending favre in here are probably the same mopes screaming about collusion in their fantasy football leagues.

:confused: :lmao:

Sabertooth said:
Link to where he signed with Detriot please. I've never heard of this happening before.
Link to where the phone call actually happened and confirmed reports as to what was said in said phone call. I have heard of teams signing other players to do this exact same thing. This story is much ado about nothing.
That's 100% different. You have to know that.Players just don't call other teams to give them inside info, it's classless and dishonorable. A slap at not only the Packer players, but ALL of the fans who have supported him over his 16 years with Green Bay.

For you to dismiss this as being a "normal thing" is completely wrong.
:goodposting:

:confused: Favre retired.And anyway his beef is with the Packers front office - one would think since the Packer players were his teammates and friends he would wish them well.
"booted" doesnt necessarily mean retired. it can also mean fired, released, basically he was no longer welcome on the team, i.e. "He got the boot".With a name like Boot, one would think that you'd know this.
Was I dreaming when I saw Favre crying at his retirement announcement? In my dream he left the Packer team of his own free will.

Wow, you really don't get it!
wow dude, i guess i dont.look, im not arguing for or against Favre. you can shake your little anti-Favre fist all you want, but you cant argue w/ the point that in this day of free agency with players moving all over the country, players come into situations where they'd have first-hand knowledge of how another team operates and freely give up any info to their new team. the only difference here (if true) is the premise by which Favre is giving out the info ... unsolicitated. But, the ramifications are the same ... team A has inside info on team B. If you want to be his pastor and give him a tonguelashing about his poor moral character, then you should also have something to say to all the other miscreants that occupy roster spots throughout the NFL.

I agree. Wouldn't you do the same if you were run out of your job? I know I'd spill the beans on everything I legally could, if it happened to me.

thehornet said:
sho nuff said:
thehornet said:
So you can't recall anything Favre has said negatively about Rodgers?

the people defending favre in here are probably the same mopes screaming about collusion in their fantasy football leagues. :goodposting: :lmao:
Wouldn't it be the other way around? The tattle-tail types that always think people are up to no good, and screwing someone over?

I agree. Wouldn't you do the same if you were run out of your job? I know I'd spill the beans on everything I legally could, if it happened to me.
No. It's called integrity. I wouldn't want my coworkers, the people that put their all into their work, to suffer because my feelings were hurt. Sorry, I don't work that way.By the way, no one ran him out of his job.

the people defending favre in here are probably the same mopes screaming about collusion in their fantasy football leagues. :goodposting: :lmao:
Wouldn't it be the other way around? The tattle-tail types that always think people are up to no good, and screwing someone over?
I tend to agree (and I have never once even considered asking if trades were collusion). To me this is just a reason to complain about Favre, whether it be true or not. I am sure the Packers organization is more than smart enough to not have whatever information that Favre could give to other teams negatively impact their game plan. It is silly to think otherwise.

Favre wasn't run out of his job. He quit his job by making a big scene and crying like a baby and then decided he'd made a mistake. Unfortunatelly for him, the Packers had moved on. So now he's going out of his way to get back at not only the team and organization that loved him for so long, but also the entire fan base that looked at him as a god of sorts. Favre didn't have to burn that bridge but he did. He'll regret it one day when he tries to return to Lambeau Field and doesn't get the hearty reception from the fans that he'd otherwise have received.

Favre wasn't run out of his job. He quit his job by making a big scene and crying like a baby and then decided he'd made a mistake. Unfortunatelly for him, the Packers had moved on. So now he's going out of his way to get back at not only the team and organization that loved him for so long, but also the entire fan base that looked at him as a god of sorts. Favre didn't have to burn that bridge but he did. He'll regret it one day when he tries to return to Lambeau Field and doesn't get the hearty reception from the fans that he'd otherwise have received.
:goodposting:

the people defending favre in here are probably the same mopes screaming about collusion in their fantasy football leagues. :shark: :lmao:
I tend to agree (and I have never once even considered asking if trades were collusion). To me this is just a reason to complain about Favre, whether it be true or not. I am sure the Packers organization is more than smart enough to not have whatever information that Favre could give to other teams negatively impact their game plan. It is silly to think otherwise.
:thumbup: Exactly, this is much ado about nothing. Again, just like the spygate thing, if it were Arizona getting caught it would have been back page news. Kind of like when San Fran lost a draft pick due to their salary cap shennanigans. If it were still the on top Montana/Young/Rice 49ers it would have been a bigger story. NE was currently on top, so it became a huge story. Since this is Favre, all of a sudden it is a big deal.Also, does anyone ever think that star NFL players are angels and don't have an ego? Get over it, they aren't perfect, never will be and most of them are probably ##### with huge egos.

I have been a Packer fan for as long as I can remember, and a Favre fan for his entire career. I have defended him through some of the lowest of lows, and cheered him on threw many great times.

To me this is a completely classless act however, and indefensible. I am afraid it shows that Favre can be very juvenile and is far more bitter about this than I thought. Its a matter of character, and Favre isn't showing his very well right now.

To those of you who are saying this is no big deal: In reality, the info that other teams have gleaned from Favre probably doesn't factor into the outcome of games. To me the real issues here are his motivation and character. Both look real bad for Favre right now.

I have to wonder if this is going to impact the 20-25 million dollar marketing contract the Packers plan to give after his retirement? Could be very costly for the Favres.

Is it different? How so? and please don't give me a "it compromises the sanctity of the game" speech.

How about Lane Kiffin giving advice to JaMarcus eventhough he's no longer on the Raiders staff? Hmm?

Lane Kiffin calls a player for his former team and tries to tell him things about the Saints to help Oakland win. And this is comparable to Favre calling a team and coach he never played for and feeding them information as to hoiw to beat his former teammates. This isn't one player calling a friend to help that friend out in a game. Not even close. If Favre was feeding the information to the Jets to help the Jets beat the Pack, that's one thing (ala Lawyer Milloy). But here the allegation is that he is calling other teams on the Packer's schedule to help them.The story is that Favre talked to the coaching staff about Green Bay tendencies. And, it is not just one team, but every other team. AND, the Packers are not in the Jets division or even the same conference. So to do so, does not help Brett's current team one iota. As someone wrote earlier, shouldn't he be spending this time getting prepared for the Jets opponents. If true, it only shows how vindictive he as become. He doesn't care about his former teammates, he just wants the Packers to lose so that he can look better. What he should be doing is everything possible to help the Jets win so that his performance speaks for itself.

Now Brett denies the story. What else is he going to say. "Sure, I did it because I hate TT and the rest of those As#$)*#!". No he has to deny it. So we don't know if the denial is because its true, or because he is covering up.

Interestingly, Glazer says he stands 1000% behind his story, and that while the Packers had heard that this was occuring, the Packers were not his source for the story. Of course, Glazer would not say that the story is false either.

IF this is true (and we may never know), it is truly a sad thing. People who blindly love BF can sugar coat this anyway they want, but it is a sad thing if true.

Is it different? How so? and please don't give me a "it compromises the sanctity of the game" speech.

How about Lane Kiffin giving advice to JaMarcus eventhough he's no longer on the Raiders staff? Hmm?

Lane Kiffin calls a player for his former team and tries to tell him things about the Saints to help Oakland win. And this is comparable to Favre calling a team and coach he never played for and feeding them information as to hoiw to beat his former teammates. This isn't one player calling a friend to help that friend out in a game. Not even close. If Favre was feeding the information to the Jets to help the Jets beat the Pack, that's one thing (ala Lawyer Milloy). But here the allegation is that he is calling other teams on the Packer's schedule to help them.The story is that Favre talked to the coaching staff about Green Bay tendencies. And, it is not just one team, but every other team. AND, the Packers are not in the Jets division or even the same conference. So to do so, does not help Brett's current team one iota. As someone wrote earlier, shouldn't he be spending this time getting prepared for the Jets opponents. If true, it only shows how vindictive he as become. He doesn't care about his former teammates, he just wants the Packers to lose so that he can look better. What he should be doing is everything possible to help the Jets win so that his performance speaks for itself.

Now Brett denies the story. What else is he going to say. "Sure, I did it because I hate TT and the rest of those As#$)*#!". No he has to deny it. So we don't know if the denial is because its true, or because he is covering up.

Interestingly, Glazer says he stands 1000% behind his story, and that while the Packers had heard that this was occuring, the Packers were not his source for the story. Of course, Glazer would not say that the story is false either.

IF this is true (and we may never know), it is truly a sad thing. People who blindly love BF can sugar coat this anyway they want, but it is a sad thing if true.
I don't need to sugar coat it at all. No problems whatsoever. FWIW, I'm a 49er fan and couldn't give a rates ace about BF.

springroll said:
wasnt the whole favre called the vikings from a packers cell phone thing made up?

couldnt this be the same thing?

Would seem like a great strategy to help your home crowd be willing to accept rodgers if he has a bad game or two.
We sat through more than a couple of bad games with FAVRE!
FFdork said:
Is this another case where it's getting made into a much bigger deal b/c the name Favre is tied to the story?

So many of these guys are friends. You don't think other coaches/players call their buddies that recently played for an upcoming opponent to get any tips they can?

Now if Favre just called the Lions out of the blue to sabotage, that's a little different, but I don't see how that claim will ever be substantiated since there's not going to be an investigation or anything.
I'm just asking. I have no idea who called who or who. I don't know who Favre is friends with, but he has been in the league long enough to have quite a few.On a seperate but related note, remember that we're in the infotainment era of mainstream media. It's always in their best interest to take a story and make it sound as juicy as possible. That doesn't make the story false, but there could also be a few missing details that would make the whole thing seem like much ado about nothing.

I still think people are being naive; that this kind of intelligence gathering doesn't go on all the time around the league since there's nothing to prohibit it.
and you answered your own question. This was not Detroit gathering intelligence but Favre offering unsolicited information. Why are so many people having a problem seeing the difference? I'm glad they are not friends of mine.

I don't need to sugar coat it at all. No problems whatsoever. FWIW, I'm a 49er fan and couldn't give a rates ace about BF.
Yet you read and respond to a 2 page thread about him?????????????? Go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread