What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Free Agency Discussion (1 Viewer)

Barkley with Eagles

Hmm, people are going to be excited by this but I would be worried about usage. Eagles have a frustrating tendency to completely forget about involving their RB’s. Selfishly as a Texan fan, I would have preferred he landed there. Lesser o’line definitely but you know he would be getting lots of touches every game.
My thoughts exactly.

Eagles under Sirianni

2023: 6th in rush attempts
2022: 3rd in rush attempts
2021: 2nd in rush attempts

Strange day one signing but Antonio Gibson to NE.

It really isn’t when you look at it…they only have one RB on the roster in Stevenson (unless you count Kevin Harris and I don’t)…they needed more there and with all their holes they may need to use their picks elsewhere or at least their higher ones…my guess is he becomes their 3rd down RB…I actually like this move.
Emphasis on day one, usually backup/third down Rb's take a little more time.

Not sure why that really matters…Pats got a ton of cap space and a big need…they are not in a position to get cute.
That's a nice signing - could be a good receiving outlet for whichever rookie QB they draft.

Barkley with Eagles

Hmm, people are going to be excited by this but I would be worried about usage. Eagles have a frustrating tendency to completely forget about involving their RB’s. Selfishly as a Texan fan, I would have preferred he landed there. Lesser o’line definitely but you know he would be getting lots of touches every game.
My thoughts exactly.

Eagles under Sirianni

Yes, I think he'll run for a lot of yards.

Fantasy points are heavily awarded for TD's and receptions however and this is not the ideal spot for that.

Barkley with Eagles

My thoughts exactly.

Eagles under Sirianni

Fantasy points are heavily awarded for TD's and receptions however and this is not the ideal spot for that.

We'll see how effective the tush push is with Kelce retiring.

Packers FA Guard Jon Runyan Jr. to the Giants. Probably slightly better than average interior lineman. Many in Green Bay were hoping to bring him back but its not a position of need and they are looking to fill other positions with the limited cap space they have.

Barkley with Eagles

My thoughts exactly.

Eagles under Sirianni

We'll see how effective the tush push is with Kelce retiring.
I think so long as you got a QB who can squat like 600 pounds it's going to remain pretty effective.

Cousins to Atlanta
4 year deal

4 years, $180m. $100m guaranteed, $90m between 2024 and 2025 and another $10m in 2026.
So, it's really a 2 year deal.

That $100m guaranteed in the first two years includes a $50m signing bonus.

So the cap hit to cut him year 3 would be a prorated $25m from the signing bonus plus the extra $10m guaranteed that would have to be paid = $35m.

So the cap hit to cut him year 3 would be a prorated $25m from the signing bonus plus the extra $10m guaranteed that would have to be paid = $35m.
Vikings wanted to be able to walk away after a year, Falcons gave him the bag.

Not the Vikings ideal, but they might be happy in a year or so they didn't do the deal.

Cousins to Atlanta
4 year deal

4 years, $180m. $100m guaranteed, $90m between 2024 and 2025 and another $10m in 2026.

This guys career earnings are amazing for the QB he is. Well done Kirk.

Good day to be an OG>

Robert Hunt, 4 years, $100 mill to CAR

If Carolina can build a line, Hubbard and/or Sanders could be a steal.

Seems dumb but Sanders is the kind of RB that needs a good line, patient runner. Hubbard is more of a speed freak. The GM said Hubbard is the guy, but coach is gonna play who he wants to play... especially with all that money they're paying Sanders.

But Hubbard is the home grown guy. Might have to wait for Hubbard to get hurt, but I think there's sneaky value there.

Good day to be an OG>

Is he worth that? good OG? The more time they can give Young to throw the better.
They've got to protect Bryce and will have to pay the dumpster fire organization tax to do it.
To that end about supporting Bryce, wouldn't be surprised if they threw a boatload of cash at Ridley to get Bryce more weapons.

I think this is a good call. At this point in his career Ridley will have to take what the can get and that road leads through a few places, one of them being Carolina.

Good day to be an OG>

Is he worth that? good OG? The more time they can give Young to throw the better.
They've got to protect Bryce and will have to pay the dumpster fire organization tax to do it.
To that end about supporting Bryce, wouldn't be surprised if they threw a boatload of cash at Ridley to get Bryce more weapons.
That’s my projected landing spot.

There was talk about Higgins prior to the franchise tag, so Ridley makes a lot of sense.

Good day to be an OG>

That’s my projected landing spot.

There was talk about Higgins prior to the franchise tag, so Ridley makes a lot of sense.
New England or Carolina have been bandied about the most for Ridley, but given how we saw most of the RBs end up in unexpected destinations, it's a crapshoot.

Good day to be an OG>

He badly needs to have a receiver that can reliably create his own separation.

Packers signing S Xavier McKinney. 4 years, $68m. $25m in year one.
Dang…more than I was expecting but of course more about the guarantees than total deal but was thinking their top might be avg 15 mil not 17. Prioritizing S in the new D.

Packers signing S Xavier McKinney. 4 years, $68m. $25m in year one.
Dang…more than I was expecting but of course more about the guarantees than total deal but was thinking their top might be avg 15 mil not 17. Prioritizing S in the new D.
McKinney is the perfect fit for GB. They've needed a guy like him since...Nick Collins got hurt?

Gabe Davis to the Jags on a 3-year deal.

That probably means Ridley is leaving, and its hard not to view that as a downgrade for the Jags.
Agreed. I wonder what the decision process on G Davis over Ridley?
Can only image it was $$ related as Ridley would draw lots of $$ attention.
Rumors of NE & KC needing his skill set.

Not a owner of Davis but I think this is not a good option for him other than $
Well, Gabe is 24, Ridley is 29. Gabe is a willing blocker, unsure about Ridley. Gabe hasn't had psychological issues that forced time away. Ridley lost abundant time suspended and has been erratic. Both have proven to be productive when used in an offense, and have mystery disappearance which could be their issue or not. I see it as a toss up, but give credit to Davis for age and willingness to block.
The first time I noticed Ridley in college was because of a block he threw for Drake where he blocks the guy trying to press with him into the safety who is creeping up to the LOS before the snap.

Takes both defenders out and all Drake has to do is run fast through there.

He can block.

Cousins to Atlanta
4 year deal

Yeah, I forgot about the prorated signing bonus.

Looks like plenty of RB $$$$
I can't see the Raiders not signing Jacobs or the Giants not signing Barkley, but I suppose anything is possible. I don't think either is going find the market friendly to them as much as they hope.
Raiders have said they plan to try their best to resign Jacobs. And Saquon has stated he wants to be a Giant. But money talks.
That's just it, will there be enough money to talk?

The Texans have agreed to deals with former Falcons cornerback Jeff Okudah and ex-Titans defensive tackle Denico Autry, a source confirmed to the Chronicle.

P Cam Johnson to the Steelers.

Jon Runyan and Jonah Jackson are 2 of the more egregious signings to me.

Runyan is a mediocre player, and GB is an OL factory, constantly getting the best out of not so talented guys. Giants needed a G, but might not be much of an upgrade, if at all.

Jackson was the weakest link if the Lions OL, and I think a bit one dimensional. Rams signing him was really weird as G wasn't a hole at all. They just re-signed Dotson, and Avila was a hit as a 2nd rounder last year. Maybe Avila moves to C?

Looks like plenty of RB $$$$
I can't see the Raiders not signing Jacobs or the Giants not signing Barkley, but I suppose anything is possible. I don't think either is going find the market friendly to them as much as they hope.
Raiders have said they plan to try their best to resign Jacobs. And Saquon has stated he wants to be a Giant. But money talks.
That's just it, will there be enough money to talk?
Looks like plenty of good RB $$$

Gabe Davis to the Jags on a 3-year deal.

That probably means Ridley is leaving, and its hard not to view that as a downgrade for the Jags.
Agreed. I wonder what the decision process on G Davis over Ridley?
Can only image it was $$ related as Ridley would draw lots of $$ attention.
Rumors of NE & KC needing his skill set.

Not a owner of Davis but I think this is not a good option for him other than $
Well, Gabe is 24, Ridley is 29. Gabe is a willing blocker, unsure about Ridley. Gabe hasn't had psychological issues that forced time away. Ridley lost abundant time suspended and has been erratic. Both have proven to be productive when used in an offense, and have mystery disappearance which could be their issue or not. I see it as a toss up, but give credit to Davis for age and willingness to block.
The first time I noticed Ridley in college was because of a block he threw for Drake where he blocks the guy trying to press with him into the safety who is creeping up to the LOS before the snap.

Takes both defenders out and all Drake has to do is run fast through there.

He can block.
Oh, I didn't realize he blocked two guys on a college play once.

It really isn’t when you look at it…they only have one RB on the roster in Stevenson (unless you count Kevin Harris and I don’t)…they needed more there and with all their holes they may need to use their picks elsewhere or at least their higher ones…my guess is he becomes their 3rd down RB…I actually like this move.
Last year of Stevenson's contract this year

Last year of Stevenson's contract this year
Yeah, this is sensible. Probably good news for Stevenson as he'll clearly be ahead of Gibson.

Geno Stone to Bengals for 2/15. That's a really sneaky move. Stone has been a playmaker for Baltimore, and the Bengals have really missed Jessie Bates.

Users who are viewing this thread