What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (3 Viewers)

All right, I spend way too much time perfecting my far from perfect system at picking the final 4 and champions. I use 15 categories, for each one I give a positive one if the team scores in the top 25% compared to the last 40 final 4 teams. 0 if they are in the middle 50%, and -1 in the bottom 25%. I also add up a bunch of these categories and give them an overall score. In the end, if the team has a score of 145 or higher, along with a -2 or better, I consider them final 4 worthy. Below is the list last year. in order
1 Houston
2 Ucla
3 Uconn
4 Gonzaga
5 Tennessee
6 Texas
7 Xavier
8 Utah St
9 S Diego St
10 Miami
11 Texas A and M
12 Duke
13 Florida Atlantic
14 Kansas st

Pretty interesting all four final 4 teams are in there. However, as I dug deeper. I added one more criteria in there based on defense and that eliminated Miami, Gonzaga, Xavier, and Utah St. So, out of 10 teams, I had 3 final four teams.

Finally, I add in some stricter criteria to be the champ and the only ones left were U conn.

So, this year using the same system. Here is what I have.
1 Uconn
2 Houston
3 Purdue
4 Arizona
5 N. Carolina
6 Tennessee
7 Iowa St
8 Duke

And I have 2 left for the champion.
Uconn
Arizona

Trash it if you want, but we will see lol

Virginia is on an interesting run these past 5 years

2018 - First ever #1 seed to lose to a #16 in the first round
2019 - Win national championship
Haven't won an NCAA tournament game since

Covid
First round loss
NIT
First round loss

All right, I spend way too much time perfecting my far from perfect system at picking the final 4 and champions. I use 15 categories, for each one I give a positive one if the team scores in the top 25% compared to the last 40 final 4 teams. 0 if they are in the middle 50%, and -1 in the bottom 25%. I also add up a bunch of these categories and give them an overall score. In the end, if the team has a score of 145 or higher, along with a -2 or better, I consider them final 4 worthy. Below is the list last year. in order
1 Houston
2 Ucla
3 Uconn
4 Gonzaga
5 Tennessee
6 Texas
7 Xavier
8 Utah St
9 S Diego St
10 Miami
11 Texas A and M
12 Duke
13 Florida Atlantic
14 Kansas st

Pretty interesting all four final 4 teams are in there. However, as I dug deeper. I added one more criteria in there based on defense and that eliminated Miami, Gonzaga, Xavier, and Utah St. So, out of 10 teams, I had 3 final four teams.

Finally, I add in some stricter criteria to be the champ and the only ones left were U conn.

So, this year using the same system. Here is what I have.
1 Uconn
2 Houston
3 Purdue
4 Arizona
5 N. Carolina
6 Tennessee
7 Iowa St
8 Duke

And I have 2 left for the champion.
Uconn
Arizona

Trash it if you want, but we will see lol

Stupid noob question but AZ and UCONN would face off in the semifinal if they won out. So one will eliminate the other before the championship game. Not sure why I'm pointing that out but just asking if you have somebody in mind for the other side of the bracket?

Virginia is on an interesting run these past 5 years

2018 - First ever #1 seed to lose to a #16 in the first round
2019 - Win national championship
Haven't won an NCAA tournament game since

Covid
First round loss
NIT
First round loss

That game last night was bad. I mean.....wow. How much longer do they let their coach live off his legacy?

I think either Buffs or Broncs will give Florida a tough time. Neither team could hit a shot in first ten minutes, but great game since..

because it agrees with you on Charleston, New Mexico and Oregon...
This chart was created by one of the top analytics guys for college basketball. If it agrees with my own analysis, that’s fine with me.
What is the cool zone? Bad or good?
Not sure, they're just outside the potential champ box, so maybe dark horses? Especially towards the top of the box (Kentucky).

Sorry I dropped the ball on making a private FBG group for brackets though it looks like there is a public Footballguys 2024 Bracket Challenge with like 1900 entries in it :lmao:

-QG

I rather like all the different sizes and body shapes of the NCAA players. When you consume a steady diet of NBA ball - where the players are finely tuned physical machines with zero body fat - and ignore college hoops, it's kind of nice to tune in and see guys who look like they could be driving a bulldozer or bouncing at a nightclub.

Virginia is laughing at BYU’s offensive ineptitude

UVA's Bennett's blocker/mover offensive scheme is out of the 1950s. I used it with a 5th grade travel basketball team. It took 4 NBA players for them to win a championship and overcome the simplicity of this system. Side to side wasting clock. It only works with 1-2 solid post players. He's also stubborn about his rosters. They barely eclipsed the least points ever scored in the tourney. Set by of course, UVA itself.

i have never watched them and many never watch them after this but i picked them site unseen to win so right now i am a huge effen byu fan go whatever our mascot is take that to the bank brochachos

one thing i like about byu is that it has a three letter name which as we all know is the sign of a champion take that to the bank brohans

I rather like all the different sizes and body shapes of the NCAA players. When you consume a steady diet of NBA ball - where the players are finely tuned physical machines with zero body fat - and ignore college hoops, it's kind of nice to tune in and see guys who look like they could be driving a bulldozer or bouncing at a nightclub.
make sure you watch the NC State game tonight

Users who are viewing this thread