What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon road trip (2 Viewers)

NutterButter

Footballguy
I know there's at least a couple of Oregonians in this forum. Heading out your way mid-sept to drive around your state and see all the wonderful things it has to offer. Here's the rough itinerary at the moment
-Flying in on a friday night and staying in portland
-Sat: heading to canon and then about half way down the coast
-Sun: finish heading down the coast to brookings
-Mon: jedediah smith park, crater lake and toketee falls
-Tues: Umpqua hot springs and then off to bend
-Wed: day at bend
-Thurs: Silver falls park, abiqua falls and back to portland
-Fri: Day trip out to mt hood
-Sat: Day trip along columbia river gorge
-Sun: fly home

How's that looking? Anything must see that i'm missing? The itineraries I see online don't have these portland day trips but since the drives are pretty short, I figured that doing it that way gives us better airbnb and restaurant options at night. I'm going with the girlfriend and she can only go for the week but I can extend it if necessary as long as I can schedule it so that we fly into portland together and I get her back to portland to fly out.

So is it just the one night in Portland itself?

Astoria is a pretty cool little town. Lots of movie history, some cool restaurants/breweries. Only a bit north of cannon beach. Other than that it looks like a great itinerary.

What's in Brookings? We stayed there once on a drive to the bay area and it didnt seem that great.

So is it just the one night in Portland itself?

Astoria is a pretty cool little town. Lots of movie history, some cool restaurants/breweries. Only a bit north of cannon beach. Other than that it looks like a great itinerary.

What's in Brookings? We stayed there once on a drive to the bay area and it didnt seem that great.
Actually 4. The 1st night is just a place to stay as we're getting in late before the journey begins. Then we'll end up there for the final 3 and just do some day trips to the closer stuff. I don't think there's anything special about brookings. Its just a place to stay while we finish heading down the coast.

Portland restaurants

Apizza Scholls
Screen Door
Ringside (steakhouse)
Eem
Paadee
Urdaneta
Mediterranean Exploration Company
Lardo
Lauretta Jean's
Ava Gene's

Food pods are a pretty typical "Portland Experience" but I'm starting to be over them. The ones to go to are

Hawthorne Asylum
Cartopia
Prost food carts

Happy to assist in any way but first thing first - Oregon is a MUCH bigger state than people realize if they are unfamiliar with it. For example, your itinerary of knocking out Crater Lake in between the Red Woods and the falls is very ambitious. You are going to spend *A LOT* of time in your car just getting to Crater Lake and your next destination. And you won't be leaving yourself much time to explore and appreciate it.

Furthermore, this isn't easy highway driving where you can open it up and go 80 on cruise control. It's white knuckle driving with tight turns, slim roads, few turnoffs and logging trucks clogging your paths or tailgating your car.

Take Jedidiah State Park to Crater Lake. That's 4-5 hours and it's one of the toughest drives I've ever made on US 199. That is a mother bear of a drive.

Anyhow, I think you are on the right track, there is a LOT to see and do here, but this itinerary is borderline maniacal. You're on vacation, you should enjoy it. What you've posted is work. A lot of work.

When heading south from Cannon Beach, make a stop at the Tillamook Creamery for some great ice cream, then head for Pelican Brewing in Pacific City for lunch on the beach. I'm a little fuzzy on the drive time, but you could stop at Ona in Yachats for dinner before heading to Brookings. Where are you staying there?

My family (5 of us plus dog) did a road trip from SF Bay Area in July 2021. We did an AirBnB in Bend, a "tiny home" in Mt. Hood Village, a morning and afternoon in Portland (college visits of Lewis & Clark, Reed College, and Portland St.), another AirBnB in Seaside, another AirBnB in Yachats, and a stay at the Whaleshead Resort just outside of Brookings all in 8 nights/9 days. There's a lot to see from Cannon Beach to Brookings, you'll be missing a lot, but it still sounds like a lot of fun. We've been to Portland and Bend multiple times, that's why we didn't stay there long.

Happy to assist in any way but first thing first - Oregon is a MUCH bigger state than people realize if they are unfamiliar with it. For example, your itinerary of knocking out Crater Lake in between the Red Woods and the falls is very ambitious. You are going to spend *A LOT* of time in your car just getting to Crater Lake and your next destination. And you won't be leaving yourself much time to explore and appreciate it.

Furthermore, this isn't easy highway driving where you can open it up and go 80 on cruise control. It's white knuckle driving with tight turns, slim roads, few turnoffs and logging trucks clogging your paths or tailgating your car.

Take Jedidiah State Park to Crater Lake. That's 4-5 hours and it's one of the toughest drives I've ever made on US 199. That is a mother bear of a drive.

Anyhow, I think you are on the right track, there is a LOT to see and do here, but this itinerary is borderline maniacal. You're on vacation, you should enjoy it. What you've posted is work. A lot of work.
I hear yah. I knew writing this out that at least the first half of the trip was gonna be a lot of driving. The idea is to try to be more on the productive side as far as seeing as much as I can see. If I like it, I'll certainly be back. I'd prefer to do more of a two week trip, but the lady friend can't make it work. Now as far as the driving from brookings area to crater lake, maps has it at 3.5. That an underestimation on its part? I can always do the falls after the hot springs before heading to bend the next day so that the one day is just the drive to crater lake and checking that out. What would suggest including omitting things knowing the duration I have to work with? Keep in mind that part of the coast, bend, crater lake and obviously portland and the stuff in that area are musts.

Last edited:
I’ve only been in Portland for 7 years but that looks like a great trip. Definitely love the idea of staying in PDX and taking some day trips to Hood and the Gorge.

Happy to make some recs in the city for neighborhoods and restaurants.

I hear yah. I knew writing this out that at least the first half of the trip was gonna be a lot of driving. The idea is to try to be more on the productive side as far as seeing as much as I can see. If I like it, I'll certainly be back. I'd prefer to do more of a two week trip, but the lady friend can't make it work. Now as far as the driving from brookings area to crater lake, maps has it at 3.5. That an underestimation on its part? I can always do the falls after the hot springs before heading to bend the next day so that the one day is just the drive to crater lake and checking that out. What would suggest including omitting things knowing the duration I have to work with? Keep in mind that part of the coast, bend, crater lake and obviously portland and the stuff in that area are musts.

Let me look at it tomorrow and see if I can assist with some efficiency. You've got some great ideas but it's awfully ambitious and will keep you in a car longer than you probably realize and that's not the goal really of exploring Oregon.

For example - instead of staying in Portland and exploring the Gorge one day, then going out to see Mt. Hood the next I'd suggest killing 2 birds by staying a night in Hood River.

I'll be in touch. You're going to have a blast, but I just want you to grasp the size of the state and the fact that road travel isn't quick and easy in a lot of the areas you mention.

When heading south from Cannon Beach, make a stop at the Tillamook Creamery for some great ice cream, then head for Pelican Brewing in Pacific City for lunch on the beach. I'm a little fuzzy on the drive time, but you could stop at Ona in Yachats for dinner before heading to Brookings. Where are you staying there?

My family (5 of us plus dog) did a road trip from SF Bay Area in July 2021. We did an AirBnB in Bend, a "tiny home" in Mt. Hood Village, a morning and afternoon in Portland (college visits of Lewis & Clark, Reed College, and Portland St.), another AirBnB in Seaside, another AirBnB in Yachats, and a stay at the Whaleshead Resort just outside of Brookings all in 8 nights/9 days. There's a lot to see from Cannon Beach to Brookings, you'll be missing a lot, but it still sounds like a lot of fun. We've been to Portland and Bend multiple times, that's why we didn't stay there long.
Thank for the recs. No idea on lodging yet. Need to get on that soon before all the good airbnbs are taken. Yeah, there's just so much to see and its either skip entire areas or move through them with expediency. Its gonna be some long days. Would be ideal to do it when there's more daylight but I like to travel on the shoulder seasons to avoid the crowds and keep the costs down.

Let me look at it tomorrow and see if I can assist with some efficiency. You've got some great ideas but it's awfully ambitious and will keep you in a car longer than you probably realize and that's not the goal really of exploring Oregon.

For example - instead of staying in Portland and exploring the Gorge one day, then going out to see Mt. Hood the next I'd suggest killing 2 birds by staying a night in Hood River.

I'll be in touch. You're going to have a blast, but I just want you to grasp the size of the state and the fact that road travel isn't quick and easy in a lot of the areas you mention.
Good call on Hood River.

Thank for the recs. No idea on lodging yet. Need to get on that soon before all the good airbnbs are taken. Yeah, there's just so much to see and its either skip entire areas or move through them with expediency. Its gonna be some long days. Would be ideal to do it when there's more daylight but I like to travel on the shoulder seasons to avoid the crowds and keep the costs down.

You'll be fine with hotel/motels. ABnB for 2 will be $$$$$ and might require 2-3 night stays at minimum. We'll get you going.

You'll be fine with hotel/motels. ABnB for 2 will be $$$$$ and might require 2-3 night stays at minimum. We'll get you going.
I'm open minded to the idea. I've been exclusively an airbnb guy for the past 3 years, but I don't typically stay for one night. Portland has some really nice options but some of these other places are more limited. There's a yurt with my name on it in South Beach State Park.

I'm open minded to the idea. I've been exclusively an airbnb guy for the past 3 years, but I don't typically stay for one night. Portland has some really nice options but some of these other places are more limited. There's a yurt with my name on it in South Beach State Park.

South Beach rules. Waldport is my crown jewel of the coast, right between Newport and Yachats. There's a whale that has made Waldport its home, deciding to pass up migration for the easy eating and lack of competition...just out there living the best whale life.

Multnomah falls

Bonneville Dam and it's fish ladder could be a quick stop.

Do they still have that restaurant in the old school building in Portland?

It’s busy and touristy now in the summer but Cannon Beach is my favorite place.

My grandma lived there every summer as a child from 1915 to 1932.

And she and my grandpa took me there every summer for two weeks between 1968 to 1984.

And I’ve continued to take my family there most years since.

That beach is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Multnomah Falls requires a permit now and parking is a disaster. I have 10 hikes around Multnomah Falls for you that are less aggravation and you'll be able to see Multnomah from the car.

It’s busy and touristy now in the summer but Cannon Beach is my favorite place.

My grandma lived there every summer as a child from 1915 to 1932.

And she and my grandpa took me there every summer for two weeks between 1968 to 1984.

And I’ve continued to take my family there most years since.

That beach is gorgeous.

It's also gotten stupid expensive relative to the other 400 miles of coast. But it is lovely.

South Beach rules. Waldport is my crown jewel of the coast, right between Newport and Yachats. There's a whale that has made Waldport its home, deciding to pass up migration for the easy eating and lack of competition...just out there living the best whale life.
Yachats is awesome. Stayed at the Adobe Inn a few years ago.

Multnomah falls

Bonneville Dam and it's fish ladder could be a quick stop.

Do they still have that restaurant in the old school building in Portland?
Mcmenamin’s Kennedy School.

It’s a cool visit to see how a school has been turned into a hotel, but the food is not good.
The service sucks and it's extremely overpriced. It might be good to grab a brew or cocktail and walk around to check out the place, but I would not eat at any McMenamins's ever.

@General Malaise

Here's some ideas that I wanted to run by you to shave off some driving or buy some additional time.
Option 1: skip going all the way down the cost and instead crossing over from Pacific City to Eugene and down to Crater Lake. Downside is missing some nice spots along the coast and jedediah smith park.
Option 2: The original itinerary has a lot of driving the 1st 4 days. Should I skip the extra day in either bend or portland and use that instead to add an extra stop going down the coast and over to crater.

I like the hood river idea. I'm thinking it makes more sense to head there from bend and then go to portland the next day. If I did that, would a day trip to silver falls park and abiqua falls from portland be worth it. I really need to talk my lady friend into another day or two.

Alright, I'll offer up a little different spin on your itinerary so you hit the spots you mention, just approaching it from the opposite direction.
- Friday, fly in and stay in Portland that night. Don't be afraid of the city of Portland. It's had some issues, but it's a lovely place to be in Sept. Consider Inn at Northrup which is in NW Portland. Entirely walkable, lots of restaurants, old homes that have character. You'll encounter some derelicts, but you'll be fine. Happy to recommend spots to eat/drink.

- Saturday, head down the Gorge taking your time to get a hike in or two. You can visit Multnomah Falls - and you definitely should, even if you just grab some photos - but for a hike, I'd strongly suggest Horsetail Falls, which allows you to walk behind a very powerful fall. It's awesome. You can hike to the top or just go behind the falls and head back on an easy hike. Other ideas - Latourell Falls and Angel's Rest, which is a killer hike to the top with amazing Gorge views. Angel Falls is a moderate hike with some elevation, but if you're feeling it, the payoff is outstanding.

- Continue east to Hood River, OR and stay there. This is home to some of the world's best wind surfing and kite surfing and watching these guys fly around the Columbia with a cold beer is a lot of fun. You might see a bald eagle or two hunting for fish. There are a BUNCH of great spots for food, beer and wine. You can even go across the river on the Hood River Bridge to Everybody's Brewing for a pint and amazing views of Mt. Hood. Plenty of hotels around Hood River, but you can look for ABnB too if you like. Some really neat places there with awesome views. Other suggestions: pFriem Brewing, Double Mountain Brewing, Naked Winery, Cathedral Ridge Winery. Full Sail is there, but it's not my favorite....

- Sunday, head up to Mt. Hood on 35 - this is a really neat drive up to Hood and you should check out Timberline Lodge which was featured in The Shining and was part of the Works Progress Admin under Roosevelt to get us out of the Great Depression. Hikes all over, plenty to check out and explore, but visiting Timberline is really a must. You can spend as much time here as you like and stay there too, but unless you just fall in love with the mountain, I'd continue your journey on to Bend via 26 to 97. Before you get to Bend, stop off at Smith Rock State Park. Other ideas - Lava Butte, Lava Lands, etc. The High Desert is incredible, so I think spending Sunday night and Monday in Bend is a great idea. I *LOVE* Bend. There is so much to see and do and there are probably a dozen or more breweries that have cool outdoor areas with cornhole, horse shoes, etc. I might even consider TWO nights in Bend so you can get that full Monday in there.

- Early Tues, head out to Crater Lake. I just want to make sure you get enough time here to really experience Crater Lake. I would recommend the boat tour, which I've not done, but my wife has and said it was one of the coolest things she's done. From Crater Lake, you can then hit Umpqua Hot Springs and Toketee Falls which are very close together. You could even stay around the area at Umpqua's Last Resort, which looks really cool. Do a little glamping!

- Wed morn, head down to Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. About 3 1/2 hours away from Umpqua. Man, I don't know what to say here. The Redwoods are magical. I'd not want you nor anybody to race through seeing these magnificent trees. You can find a million cool spots around here, from tourist attractions like Trees of Mystery to hidden hikes, no matter where you go, you're going to be in awe of the trees. Find a place there to stay Wed night - look for something IN the Redwoods.

- Thurs, head up 101 taking your time to stop and appreciate the glory. I'd target Yachats which is about 4 hours north of Jedidiah. Gold beach is neat - there's specks of gold in the sand and it sits at the mouth of the Rogue, which I'd love to explore one day but haven't yet. You'll go through Bandon, which is a golf paradise. Florence is a neat coast town with giant sand dunes you can check out. Yachats - man, this is the chillest place on the coast. Get a meal at The Drift Inn. The back patio is fabulous. Food is outstanding. Service is friendly, which is in short supply on the Oregon Coast. Yachats is a little south of Waldport, which is where we like to vacation. Beaches are not crowded, there's cool driftwood logs, the weather is a touch warmer, just a really cool spot. You might not want to leave! Stay there that night, whether Yachats or Waldport, you'll be okay. Cape Perpetua, Thor's Well, Devils Churn, Amanda's Hike...all right there and all worth your time.

- Friday, continue your drive up 101 to Cannon Beach. There's an aquarium in Newport that's neat, but I'd skip it. Depoe Bay is prime whale watching, but can be a bit of a headache parking and walking around. Have lunch at the Pelican Brewery in Siletz Bay. This is the newest Pelican, built in 2022 and it's so cool. Big wrap around deck, views of the bay, great beer and food. A bit pricey, but worth it. Pacific City is cool - also has a Pelican with great views of a haystack rock - there's a neat beach in Oceanside where you can hunt for agate rocks. Tillamook is where the cheese factory is, but I'd skip that. It's not worth your time - just get some of their cheese or ice cream at a store. It's a tourist trap. On to Cannon Beach to stay Friday night.

- Saturday, take your time at Cannon Beach. It's a gem. It's a 90 minute drive from Cannon Beach back to Portland, so don't be in a hurry to get back. Yeah, you can go all the way up to Astoria and that might be cool if you're a Goonies fan or Kindergarten Cop. There's a cool museum there, the Lewis and Clark National Park, great food and beers. Also about a 90 minute drive back to Portland. Skip Seaside, OR. Stay in Portland Sat night, fly back Sunday.

You miss Silver Falls and Abiqua Falls, though you COULD theoretically hit them real fast, but that's not the goal. For example, if you REALLY wanted to hit Silver Falls, it's a long hike that'll take you hours to see complete the full loop and see 10 different falls.

Just another way to look at your journey. You can't go wrong. It's lovely here.

Alright, I'll offer up a little different spin on your itinerary so you hit the spots you mention, just approaching it from the opposite direction.
- Friday, fly in and stay in Portland that night. Don't be afraid of the city of Portland. It's had some issues, but it's a lovely place to be in Sept. Consider Inn at Northrup which is in NW Portland. Entirely walkable, lots of restaurants, old homes that have character. You'll encounter some derelicts, but you'll be fine. Happy to recommend spots to eat/drink.

- Saturday, head down the Gorge taking your time to get a hike in or two. You can visit Multnomah Falls - and you definitely should, even if you just grab some photos - but for a hike, I'd strongly suggest Horsetail Falls, which allows you to walk behind a very powerful fall. It's awesome. You can hike to the top or just go behind the falls and head back on an easy hike. Other ideas - Latourell Falls and Angel's Rest, which is a killer hike to the top with amazing Gorge views. Angel Falls is a moderate hike with some elevation, but if you're feeling it, the payoff is outstanding.

- Continue east to Hood River, OR and stay there. This is home to some of the world's best wind surfing and kite surfing and watching these guys fly around the Columbia with a cold beer is a lot of fun. You might see a bald eagle or two hunting for fish. There are a BUNCH of great spots for food, beer and wine. You can even go across the river on the Hood River Bridge to Everybody's Brewing for a pint and amazing views of Mt. Hood. Plenty of hotels around Hood River, but you can look for ABnB too if you like. Some really neat places there with awesome views. Other suggestions: pFriem Brewing, Double Mountain Brewing, Naked Winery, Cathedral Ridge Winery. Full Sail is there, but it's not my favorite....

- Sunday, head up to Mt. Hood on 35 - this is a really neat drive up to Hood and you should check out Timberline Lodge which was featured in The Shining and was part of the Works Progress Admin under Roosevelt to get us out of the Great Depression. Hikes all over, plenty to check out and explore, but visiting Timberline is really a must. You can spend as much time here as you like and stay there too, but unless you just fall in love with the mountain, I'd continue your journey on to Bend via 26 to 97. Before you get to Bend, stop off at Smith Rock State Park. Other ideas - Lava Butte, Lava Lands, etc. The High Desert is incredible, so I think spending Sunday night and Monday in Bend is a great idea. I *LOVE* Bend. There is so much to see and do and there are probably a dozen or more breweries that have cool outdoor areas with cornhole, horse shoes, etc. I might even consider TWO nights in Bend so you can get that full Monday in there.

- Early Tues, head out to Crater Lake. I just want to make sure you get enough time here to really experience Crater Lake. I would recommend the boat tour, which I've not done, but my wife has and said it was one of the coolest things she's done. From Crater Lake, you can then hit Umpqua Hot Springs and Toketee Falls which are very close together. You could even stay around the area at Umpqua's Last Resort, which looks really cool. Do a little glamping!

- Wed morn, head down to Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. About 3 1/2 hours away from Umpqua. Man, I don't know what to say here. The Redwoods are magical. I'd not want you nor anybody to race through seeing these magnificent trees. You can find a million cool spots around here, from tourist attractions like Trees of Mystery to hidden hikes, no matter where you go, you're going to be in awe of the trees. Find a place there to stay Wed night - look for something IN the Redwoods.

- Thurs, head up 101 taking your time to stop and appreciate the glory. I'd target Yachats which is about 4 hours north of Jedidiah. Gold beach is neat - there's specks of gold in the sand and it sits at the mouth of the Rogue, which I'd love to explore one day but haven't yet. You'll go through Bandon, which is a golf paradise. Florence is a neat coast town with giant sand dunes you can check out. Yachats - man, this is the chillest place on the coast. Get a meal at The Drift Inn. The back patio is fabulous. Food is outstanding. Service is friendly, which is in short supply on the Oregon Coast. Yachats is a little south of Waldport, which is where we like to vacation. Beaches are not crowded, there's cool driftwood logs, the weather is a touch warmer, just a really cool spot. You might not want to leave! Stay there that night, whether Yachats or Waldport, you'll be okay. Cape Perpetua, Thor's Well, Devils Churn, Amanda's Hike...all right there and all worth your time.

- Friday, continue your drive up 101 to Cannon Beach. There's an aquarium in Newport that's neat, but I'd skip it. Depoe Bay is prime whale watching, but can be a bit of a headache parking and walking around. Have lunch at the Pelican Brewery in Siletz Bay. This is the newest Pelican, built in 2022 and it's so cool. Big wrap around deck, views of the bay, great beer and food. A bit pricey, but worth it. Pacific City is cool - also has a Pelican with great views of a haystack rock - there's a neat beach in Oceanside where you can hunt for agate rocks. Tillamook is where the cheese factory is, but I'd skip that. It's not worth your time - just get some of their cheese or ice cream at a store. It's a tourist trap. On to Cannon Beach to stay Friday night.

- Saturday, take your time at Cannon Beach. It's a gem. It's a 90 minute drive from Cannon Beach back to Portland, so don't be in a hurry to get back. Yeah, you can go all the way up to Astoria and that might be cool if you're a Goonies fan or Kindergarten Cop. There's a cool museum there, the Lewis and Clark National Park, great food and beers. Also about a 90 minute drive back to Portland. Skip Seaside, OR. Stay in Portland Sat night, fly back Sunday.

You miss Silver Falls and Abiqua Falls, though you COULD theoretically hit them real fast, but that's not the goal. For example, if you REALLY wanted to hit Silver Falls, it's a long hike that'll take you hours to see complete the full loop and see 10 different falls.

This is some great work. So many great suggestions. Thank you. Loving the idea of that boat tour at crater and lodging at Last Resort. If I could add an extra day, how would you spend it? I'm thinking a 2nd night at Last Resort. This way I can take my time leaving Bend and we'll have the entire next day to explore the crater lake/umpqua area.

Tl;dr

This is some great work. So many great suggestions. Thank you. Loving the idea of that boat tour at crater and lodging at Last Resort. If I could add an extra day, how would you spend it? I'm thinking a 2nd night at Last Resort. This way I can take my time leaving Bend and we'll have the entire next day to explore the crater lake/umpqua area.

Yeah, Crater Lake is something you really want to take in and not rush which is why coming from Bend would be ideal since it's a 90 minute drive and can get you there early in the day to enjoy it. And for sure, Bend is amazing in the summer - if you've not been before, it's a slice of paradise in the High Desert with SO MUCH to see and do. From killer hikes to just sitting your butt on a raft and floating the Deschutes with a few beers, it's just spectacular. I'm really intrigued with that Last Resort campground and might book something there for our family this summer.

Man, you've got some great options, its hard to really go wrong. A second night in Yachats would be great but so would two nights in the Red Woods or at Umpqua. You really are in for a treat, I just would hate for so much of it to be bogged down in a rental car.

Ping me anytime, be happy to help out. I'm really excited for you!

If the day you go to coast and you need lunch and it lines up with schedule the Tilamook Cheese Factory was cool I thought and a nice road trip stop. Great lunch spot.

I would echo the more time in Bend / Hood River areas if you can. I still have never been down to Crater Lake, it looks so cool.

Enjoy!

Tillamook Cheese Factory is an absolute waste of precious time and energy. Avoid at all costs. It's the Wall Drugs of Oregon. It's a mass of human cholesterol with crappy food and hideous parking. Whatever the biggest tourist trap you can come up with in your state, that's what this is. If it wasn't near the coast, if it wasn't the only thing around, nobody would go there. That is 2 hours of your time lost. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

If the day you go to coast and you need lunch and it lines up with schedule the Tilamook Cheese Factory was cool I thought and a nice road trip stop. Great lunch spot.

I would echo the more time in Bend / Hood River areas if you can. I still have never been down to Crater Lake, it looks so cool.

Enjoy!
Great brewery in Tillamook called de Garde. So freakin good.
***If you like sour beers

Speaking of beer. In GM's amazing write up of Hood River, he did leave out one brewery which happens to be my favorite out there. Ferment. Not only is the beer and food amazing, they have the location next to Pfriem only up on the top level so you get great views of the river.

Speaking of beer. In GM's amazing write up of Hood River, he did leave out one brewery which happens to be my favorite out there. Ferment. Not only is the beer and food amazing, they have the location next to Pfriem only up on the top level so you get great views of the river.

Yeah, I was going to mention that one, but I've never been there, so wasn't sure I should recommend. I definitely need to get out there as I've heard nothing but amazing things. Great location on the Columbia!

Enjoy!
Isn’t everyone? :lol:

Enjoy!
I love them but I just can’t drink much of them anymore. Give me 2 or 3 small samples or sip on a 10oz and that’s it.

Enjoy!
I love them but I just can’t drink much of them anymore. Give me 2 or 3 small samples or sip on a 10oz and that’s it.
I don’t drink a ton of them in general, but de Garde is my favorite brewery for Sours by a lot and I live in the land of them (FL).

Enjoy!
I don’t drink a ton of them in general, but de Garde is my favorite brewery for Sours by a lot and I live in the land of them (FL).

We need to bring back GMTAN Secret Santa.

Or wait, did we have one of those once and it didn't go well?

Tl;dr
i bailed at "early tuesday"

Users who are viewing this thread