What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

European Trip Planning (1 Viewer)

8 year old likes what?
Main interests these days are NASCAR, soccer, and Dude Perfect on YouTube. I suppose soccer is most relevant for UK. But just thinking of kid-friendly activities in general. Would like to expose him to some history, but maybe a bit of a balance where can do something educational and then fun (or things with a combo of the two). It will be my first visit to the UK too, FWIW, and would like to nerd out on some history while I’m there too.
Interest in something like a renaissance festival, or reenactments?

8 year old likes what?
Main interests these days are NASCAR, soccer, and Dude Perfect on YouTube. I suppose soccer is most relevant for UK. But just thinking of kid-friendly activities in general. Would like to expose him to some history, but maybe a bit of a balance where can do something educational and then fun (or things with a combo of the two). It will be my first visit to the UK too, FWIW, and would like to nerd out on some history while I’m there too.
Interest in something like a renaissance festival, or reenactments?
Maybe. Did a WW2 reenactment with him recently, but that was a bit too loud for him. Was looking at the Hampton Court Palace and the Magic Garden for a day trip while in London.

London to Paris is just over 2hrs by train, btw.
Not sure if you're interested, and with the olympics and such, might be costly and crazy... but just something to think about

edinburgh is fantastic, best spot in the UK imo

Spending about 2 weeks in the UK coming up. Traveling with an 8 year old. London is going to be main base with some days either there or day trips from there.

Want to limit need to move around suitcases, etc. But planning on a second city for at least 4 nights there.

Edinburgh seems pretty far by train and would make us lose a couple of days of sightseeing. Thinking either going to Wales/Cardiff or north to York area.

Anything screaming take your 8 year old there, or some other place?
Check out Bath
Was originally planning on a day trip to Bath, but decided just to make Bath my second city. Thought more than a day trip as I was looking at it, and a lot of the history that I enjoy. Ended up booking three nights there, and then back to London to close out trip.

Users who are viewing this thread