What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (35 Viewers)

If they set the over under at 1500 total points for the Bucks and Pacers series I would take the over.

So each game will be a 95 to 90 crapshow.

I know you are somewhat joking.....

I've never been a gambler but seems like you have to be a big time degenerate to gamble on O/U overall point total on a 7 game series.

If they set the over under at 1500 total points for the Bucks and Pacers series I would take the over.

I've never been a gambler but seems like you have to be a big time degenerate to gamble on O/U overall point total on a 7 game series.
All a 1500 point series would mean is that it went 7 games with an outside chance at 6 games (250ppg - the over/under is set at 235 for game one).

All a 1500 point series would mean is that it went 7 games with an outside chance at 6 games (250ppg - the over/under is set at 235 for game one).

Right but guessing whether a series can go 6 or 7 alone seems risky but I guess that's really what you are gambling on more than anything. I'm assuming the individual game O/U would average out over those 6/7 games. Still seems crazy to me but almost all gambling does.

Bucks could win the championship, or they could lose to Indiana in 5 games. Neither would surprise me.
Them winning a championship would be more surprising actually
According to FanDuel, the Bucks are -172 to win the series and +1400 to win the title. So, bold proclamation there, Moops.
New here? @moops is our resident fact checker/captain obvious.
How quickly people forget sports_fan 😉

4 year/$70 million is a LOT of Grayson Allen. Though I suppose most of that is under the new TV contract, so perhaps not such a big deal.
makes the 4/47 for divencenzo seem a bargain. are they basically the same guy?
Huge bargain. Gonna be one of the best value contracts in the league
I would probably prefer DiVincenzo at Allen's salary over Allen at DiVincenzo's salary

Mostly because Allen is so punchable, but also because he is god awful at defense

4 year/$70 million is a LOT of Grayson Allen. Though I suppose most of that is under the new TV contract, so perhaps not such a big deal.
Huge bargain. Gonna be one of the best value contracts in the league
I would probably prefer DiVincenzo at Allen's salary over Allen at DiVincenzo's salary

Mostly because Allen is so punchable, but also because he is god awful at defense
DiVencenzo has to be the best value "3 and D" guy in the league right now.

According to the NBA, the top 10 most-viewed players on NBA social and digital media platforms for 2023-24 regular season were:

1) LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers): 1.9B views
2) Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors): 1.7B views
3) Victor Wembanyama (San Antonio Spurs): 1.3B views
4) Luka Dončić (Dallas Mavericks): 1.2B views
5) Kyrie Irving (Dallas Mavericks): 662M views
6) Nikola Jokić (Denver Nuggets): 618M views
7) Anthony Edwards (Minnesota Timberwolves): 569M views
8) Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks): 558M views
9) Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics): 504M views
10) Kevin Durant (Phoenix Suns): 476M views

Kyrie over Jokic (even in views) is depressing. Luka over Ant + Giannis is surprising. LeBron's total at 39 years of age is staggering.

Reg season is done-zo.

Now here for the annual Celtics choke where Tatum shoots 4-17 in the series clinching loss.

Seems on trend:

Tatum has consistently struggled in late-game situations, including going 1-for-7 on tying or go-ahead shots inside the final 10 seconds of games this season.

Indiana dominating Milwaukee during the regular season feels like a trap for taking them in the playoffs.

It''s definitely bulletin board material and I think Dame steps up his play. However, the Doc factor will be too much for them to overcome. Pacers in 7.

Indiana dominating Milwaukee during the regular season feels like a trap for taking them in the playoffs.

It''s definitely bulletin board material and I think Dame steps up his play. However, the Doc factor will be too much for them to overcome. Pacers in 7.
Oddly enough, in my predictions post, I legit forgot Doc was coaching the Bucks. There is probably no way they make the ECF.

Last few spots on all-NBA will be interesting. There seem to be 12 locks in no particular order (except that the first team is likely to be those first 5 guys - although would not be surprised if the 5th slot goes to Brunson)

Jokic, SGA, Doncic, Giannis, Tatum, Brunson, Ant, KD, AD, Kawhi, Lebron, Curry

That leaves three spots for probably these guys?

Booker, PG, Haliburton, Sabonis, Zion, Fox, Jaylen Brown

Last edited:
According to the NBA, the top 10 most-viewed players on NBA social and digital media platforms for 2023-24 regular season were:

Kyrie over Jokic (even in views) is depressing. Luka over Ant + Giannis is surprising. LeBron's total at 39 years of age is staggering.
It's a weird mix, but I think it most shows that flashy handles and ankle breaks get more views than crazy athletic plays or sick passes?

It's a weird mix, but I think it most shows that flashy handles and ankle breaks get more views than crazy athletic plays or sick passes?

Drama also trumps talent on socials. Unfortunately, folks don't find Jokic and his horses as compelling as Kyrie and his conspiracies.

Woulda thought Ant's dunk would have yielded those views alone...

I get the Luka love, though. He's so smooth it's genuinely fun to watch. One of the few players in sports where it seems like he's moving in slow motion in a good sense where he's somehow ahead of the game. Other examples would be Tom Brady in the pocket, Fred Couples' golf swing, Gretzky, Griffey, etc.

Donte is much better at defense while Allen is a better shooter. I wouldn’t really say they are the same guy, but Donte is more versatile and if he plays like he did this year, he is definitely more valuable.

What the hell is wrong with the pistons. They are looking for a new head of basketball operations but keeping Troy weaver in place as gm. So now they will have arn Tellem, weaver, the new guy, gores, and Monty Williams all trying to cook.

Suns Twolves even money series price

interesting
Phoenix 3-0 vs. Minn this year and none of the games were close - including one that just happened.

Current narrative of how the Wolves play defense by forcing you into difficult long 2s - KD and Booker are two of the best of that shot.

KD and Booker have good playoff reputations.

KAT and Rudy do not.

No surprise. I'll be shocked if we win one game.

What the hell is wrong with the pistons. They are looking for a new head of basketball operations but keeping Troy weaver in place as gm. So now they will have arn Tellem, weaver, the new guy, gores, and Monty Williams all trying to cook.

They have to figure out how to turn on the stove first.

Suns Twolves even money series price

interesting
Phoenix 3-0 vs. Minn this year and none of the games were close - including one that just happened.

Current narrative of how the Wolves play defense by forcing you into difficult long 2s - KD and Booker are two of the best of that shot.

KD and Booker have good playoff reputations.

KAT and Rudy do not.

No surprise. I'll be shocked if we win one game.
I think ANT plays great, which brings along KAT plus the role guys of Conley, McDaniels and Naz play their roles to perfection.

Book & KD aren't shooting 60+% from midrange all series.

They have to figure out how to turn on the stove first.
What's Vinnie Johnson up to these days?

I thought Matt Millen's status as worst GM in Detroit sports history was untouchable, but I guess they're gonna let Weaver make a run at it.

my sizzling hot Bucks v Pacers take: Pacers went with the UCONN vs Purdue plan when facing the Bucks. let Giannis score 70, who cares. stop everyone else. win.

no Giannis means they have to try a different plan which frees up the Bucks to be less Giannis-centric/predictable.

Bucks win game 1 without Giannis, realize that they can rest Giannis some more and win the series in 6 with 34 playing only in game 6.

my sizzling hot Bucks v Pacers take: Pacers went with the UCONN vs Purdue plan when facing the Bucks. let Giannis score 70, who cares. stop everyone else. win.

no Giannis means they have to try a different plan which frees up the Bucks to be less Giannis-centric/predictable.

Bucks win game 1 without Giannis, realize that they can rest Giannis some more and win the series in 6 with 34 playing only in game 6.
Love this take, but let's face it. Assuming Giannis misses considerable time this series, it's really just a matter of which version of Dame shows up, the one we thought we traded for, or the washed-up, disinterested version we saw all during the regular season.

Would the Warriors be the 2 seed in the East?
I was curious how the standings looked counting games only against Eastern Conference opponents.

DEN .800
BOS .788
OKC .700, LAC .700
NYK .673
PHO .667, LAL .667, GSW .667
MIL .654
MIN .633, DAL .633, NOP .633
ORL .615, IND .615, MIA .615
CLE .596, PHI .596
SAC .533
UTA .500
BRK .462
HOU .433, POR .433
CHI .431
ATL .423
MEM .419
TOR .346
CHA .269
WAS .262
SAS .258
DET .196

Or counting games only against Western Conference opponents.

BOS .767
MIN .712
OKC .692
DEN .635
DAL .596
LAC .577, NOP .577, SAC .577
CLE .567
PHO .558
CHI .548
HOU .538
PHI .533
LAL .519
NYK .500, MIL ,500, ORL .500, IND .500, GSW .500
MIA .467, ATL .467
UTA .308
MEM .275, SAS .275
BRK .267
TOR .233, CHA .233
POR .154
WAS .133
DET .139

Saw an article that Woj tweeted that MIL is preparing to not have Giannis available to start their series against IND with the hope that he will return for the end of the series.

Also Go Pels. Shouldn't have even been in the play-in. Couldn't take care of business when it mattered. :censored: the Lakers. Now can we please win a game AT HOME?! :wall:

You guys have the talent but something about the mental make up of the team worries me. Wouldn't be surprised if the more experienced Lakers and Warriors take them out :kicksrock:

Which idiot announcer is acting like Russell didnt do anything here? He claps in the guy's face and then puts two thumbs up and eggs him on lol.

Do I think that's soft? Yes. Do i think it's been a tech all year every time? Also yes.

Users who are viewing this thread