What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

óld world (4x video game) (1 Viewer)

Damn. I might have to pay full price for this one...
Seems to go 20% on GOG every so often.

Is the DLC worth getting?
https://www.gog.com/en/game/old_world_heroes_of_the_aegean
Not so sure about heroes of the Aegean, but the other two (see above) are well worth it. For around $20 I feel like I got a brand new game. Whenever they do DLC they make some tweaks (a lot of expanded religion options).
And the additional leaders? Oh my, definitely worth it. óld world had 8 nations and 8 leaders. In addition to adding Kush (you may recall Amintore from Civ 6, she's in there) they now have 47 leaders to play!

@snogger
@Foosball God
@The Z Machine
@TheAristocrat
@FatMax
@Gr00vus
@WampusCat
@KarmaPolice

Don't know if all of you bought the original game, but if you did, DLC is worth checking out. I've played a few games and after playing Civ 6 so much recently, I really appreciate how much more challenging the AI is w/r/t combat here.
óld world's easiest level feels like Immortal at times.
Ended up removing it.. :frown:

Barely have the time to play Civ twice a week, so didn't have the time needed to understand all the things going on.

I downloaded this weekend. I'm only mildly familiar with the Civ games, so this is a doozy to get my head around. But I like the kind of Crusader Kings light stuff they have going on to augment all the 4X stuff.

If you are lookng on gog, then it would just be the base game (standard edition).

gog.com has it at $39.99; steam for $27.99
Neither has any of the DLC (i.e., just the 8 OG leaders)

Steam has the complete version for $59.14; gog.com for $78.16
Steam seems to have a sale going on at 30% off

I'm going to try to get back into this game again. I feel like years of Civ5 had me semi successful but not really playing the game (does that make sense?).

The plan is to get all DLC, slam my head into a wall until I forget Civ, and try again. It's a good game and something I should enjoy so time to pick it back up.

I'm going to try to get back into this game again. I feel like years of Civ5 had me semi successful but not really playing the game (does that make sense?).

The plan is to get all DLC, slam my head into a wall until I forget Civ, and try again. It's a good game and something I should enjoy so time to pick it back up.
I just finished a game as Tulkulti-Ninurta (one of the new Assyrian leaders; he's a Hero archetype). I'm really liking this game.
As I was getting closer to victory (I won a Double in 81 turns; starting with a Hero can be very powerful) the AI in the form of both Egypt and Hatti, declared war on me.
It was a close one.

Hope you enjoy the game.

I've played through a number of times now with new leaders, and while I can't say which one is best, I can say with no fear of contradiction who the worst new leader is.
Let me introduce you to Egypt's Akhenaten. He's insane (i.e., -2 science). His trait is religious fervor whereby your first city must be Clerics (i.e., typically the worst of the four choices) and Shrines and Polytheism are disabled.
So far, the only leader I've lost with on the easy difficulty.

So downloaded from Steam and am on the third of 5 tutorials in the game.

I also discovered tutorials on Youtube that I'll probably give a go.

First questions is this, is the online mutliplayer experience a good one?

Also, the complexity(like Civ on steroids) is a bit overwhelming but I can see it adding value to the game long term.

Users who are viewing this thread