What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (2 Viewers)

Feel free to read the past 500 pages.  Everything on both sides is covered there.   I'm not making a case for Ford, I found her credible but that's just my opinion.  Regardless I'm addressing your need to make claims for everyone.  You're perfectly entitled to your opinion but you don't speak for others.   Making statements like "no honest person could believe" is not your, or anyone's, place.  You don't speak for anyone but yourself.   
i didn't find her credible, she obfuscated multiple times, refused to turn over evidence and only had vague memories.  When asked for specifics she repeatedly spoke in vague terms.

beyond that news today reveals this little nugget:

The lawyer for Christine Blasey Ford's "beach friend"-- the one who worked for the FBI in the office of former Schumer staffer Preet Bharara--just so happens to be the FBI official who oversaw the Clinton e-mail and Trump Russia probes. What a coincidence!
https://t.co/f0z2tvntMu

And it's just a coincidence that one of Ford's lawyers just so happens to be fired former FBI official Andrew McCabe's lawyer. So many fun coincidences!

I found Dr Ford to be sincere and likable, but not credible.

There was no Garland seat - Garland's nomination was pulled by the President BEFORE there was a vote.

The preponderance of evidence supports Kavanaugh - there is no credible accusation. Please cite a single piece of evidence that backs one of the accusers?

Your position is either political or emotional not logical. I bet anything you were opposed to Kavanaugh before he was even named
Dude....

Feel bad for Ford. She tried for years with therapy to bury it all. One thing you never forget are sounds and faces. They asked what % do you think it was him. 100.

What a slap in the face to her and all survivors.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion is that no honest person could possibly call her accusation credible.

Anyone who supports her is basing their position either on politics or emotion - there is NOTHING to corroborate her story - again, prove me wrong if you can

Honest people base their opinions on facts not emotions
Ignoring BK’s testimony and other statements and his demeanor vs Ford’s, I found at least a couple things Ford said credible. One was that she knew the names of BK’s friends. Another was that she described behavior and the sort of gathering exactly of the sort that BK would ultimately be shown to have engaged in. 

LOL, I understand exactly how the system works.  People in small states have votes that count more than those in big states.  For example people in WY have 1 representative for every 586,300 people .  The average in Cal is 1 per 754,283.  The senators are 1 for every 293,054 people in WY and 1 per every 19,625,000 in Cal.  Roughly.  So, I ask you.  Does this seen fair to you?  Do you think this system is sustainable?
Yes and yes

i didn't find her credible, she obfuscated multiple times, refused to turn over evidence and only had vague memories.  When asked for specifics she repeatedly spoke in vague terms.

beyond that news today reveals this little nugget:

https://t.co/f0z2tvntMu

I found Dr Ford to be sincere and likable, but not credible.
Certainly your right.

Though I'm not sure how you find her sincere but not credible, unless of course you think she was sincerely lying.   But if you believe she believes it and is sincere about what she remembers happening then she's credible.    

Mike “the situation” Sorrentino just got a sentence for tax evasion that will include about twice as much time behind bars as Brock Turner got.  

Sexual assault is not taken seriously in this country.
Just watched an HBO documentary about all the untested rape kits in the country. It's absolutely disgusting the attitude so many cops and prosecutors take toward rape victims and the crime itself.

IMO, those who find flaws in Professor Ford’s account have no real experience with sexual assault stories.

Or else they are conservatives who want Kavanaugh in there and don’t really wish to consider her. 

Just watched an HBO documentary about all the untested rape kits in the country. It's absolutely disgusting the attitude so many cops and prosecutors take toward rape victims and the crime itself.
Yeah.  And that’s after a concerted effort to reform that includes charities giving millions to get kits tested. 

timschochet said:
IMO, those who find flaws in Professor Ford’s account have no real experience with sexual assault stories.

Or else they are conservatives who want Kavanaugh in there and don’t really wish to consider her. 
I just listened to Bill Clinton's accuser on Fox and she sais every detail of the assault is engrained in her mind.  Why not for Ford?

timschochet said:

And you are an expert in this area?

I heard some conflicting advice today for Democrats. 

A. The public, particularly suburban women, are angrier than they’ve ever been. The Democrats should focus this anger for the next several weeks and use it to help bring about the blue wave. 

B. The Democrats have really hurt themselves by focusing too much on this issue. Once it’s done leave it alone and go back to talking about healthcare, a sure winner. 

Which is the correct answer? 

Henry Ford said:
Mike “the situation” Sorrentino just got a sentence for tax evasion that will include about twice as much time behind bars as Brock Turner got.  

Dont eff with the govt's money

Jaws71 said:
What is untrue about my post? What is wrong with the GOP following the Biden Doctrine and waiting until after an election - where in the Constitution does it set a timeline for confirmation? Making the seat an election issue is what got Trump elected, it was one of the greatest political moves in history.
Not sure what alias this is but that political move is one of the worst divisive moves in American history... and to blatantly make the court a political target is so outside the American ideal, it's a suicidal move to the way we have governed ourselves since the Revolution. It is individuals, like yourself, that cheer a move such as that, that will quicken the end to the way we are governed. Shame on you, shame on the Republicans for doing it, shame on the Democrats for not speaking up more about, but more importantly, shame on Americans for doing nothing about it. Enjoy your life in Ofrussia.

I just listened to Bill Clinton's accuser on Fox and she sais every detail of the assault is engrained in her mind.  Why not for Ford?
Bill Clinton is not going to be on the Supreme Court. 

But beyond that the main problem with Broaderrick is that she swore under oath that the rape never happened. Later on she recanted that. If Ford had done that, I would be a lot more skeptical. 

Bill Clinton is not going to be on the Supreme Court. 

But beyond that the main problem with Broaderrick is that she swore under oath that the rape never happened. Later on she recanted that. If Ford had done that, I would be a lot more skeptical. 
It was a different time tim.   She was afraid.  It was the most powerful man in arkansas.   The deep south.

Youre standards are getting more political tim.

Clinton lied under oath.

Cant we "moveon"

A. The public, particularly suburban women, are angrier than they’ve ever been. The Democrats should focus this anger for the next several weeks and use it to help bring about the blue wave. 

B. The Democrats have really hurt themselves by focusing too much on this issue. Once it’s done leave it alone and go back to talking about healthcare, a sure winner. 

Maybe for the next few weeks. People will forget about him in a few months though. Unless he overturns Roe vs. Wade, or something of that level, I dont think he will move the needle much.

Josie Maran said:
Henry Ford said:

There was a recent case in Oregon where a police officer was caught suppressing over 100 rape cases. (Whenever a rape case was assigned to him, he would just ignore it until the statute of limitations ran out; or he would destroy evidence and claim that the case was unsolvable.) There is evidence that some of his supervisors -- who happened to be his personal friends -- were aware of what he was doing. When he was finally confronted by another officer, his response was basically, "Hey, all women are liars. I just saved the state some money."

That guy was allowed to retire with honor and is currently collecting a lifetime pension of over $50K per year. None of his corrupt supervisors will ever see the slightest bit of disciplinary action, and none of those 100+ rape victims will ever see justice.

The Commish said:
Hopefully she can find some sort of closure here even if it doesn't happen they way she thought it might.
Oh it probably made it worse especially since she was thrown into the public spotlight. I went through not being believed. One reason why I cut off fam except for my dad and bro from my life and have limited contact with my mom. Moms should believe their daughters over their brothers. Big slap in the face. Never went further than that after being called lier and as tempting as it is to bring it up again, no way not worth my sanity.

timschochet said:

Or people that don't think 36 years later a he said/she said is sufficient evidence

They need to get control of and stop these crazy mob ambushes. 

A- this has been to talk of my workplace and I’m really surprised that men believed her much more than women. 

Neither. They overplayed their week hands and are going to be punished at the ballot box. The blue wave could have been a tsunami but now it will be a 3 footer.

Users who are viewing this thread