What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽️⚽️⚽️OFFICIAL - MLS PLAYOFF THREAD - ⚽️⚽️⚽️ (1 Viewer)

Yeah, you should be good at 7:00 on a Wednesday.
Sorry, I meant 7 people. Place looks pretty small on the internet. And yeah, I personally put myself in charge of finding a place because if it was anybody else, they would have picked whatever the equivalent of Sbarro’s is.
I think there might be a second room there. Can't remember - haven't been there in awhile. You should be good.

Looking at 37 and rainy on Sunday 9pm for the game.

I'll still be there!

for those not aware, that is 9:00pm central time. Game starts at 10:00pm ET.

Seems ridiculous for a game in St Louis. I assume there was some FS1 TV scheduling issues they had to work around.

Goal fest in LA.

LAFC romp 5-2 over Vancouver tonight at home.

I did not watch but I read Vancouver gave up an astounding 4 set piece goals. That is impressive :)

Matthew Doyle

@MattDoyle76

Through 6 games of the MLS playoffs home teams are 5-0-1 (and that one draw turned into a PK shootout win) with 18 goals scored and just 6 conceded.No. 1 in the West St. Louis up next, hosting a Sporting KC team that has just 2 road playoff wins in 27 seasons.

Surprising result to be honest. Heard today the next game is in THREE WEEKS?!?

This playoff format is so dumb. :lol:

Surprising result to be honest. Heard today the next game is in THREE WEEKS?!?

This playoff format is so dumb. :lol:
27 years now and the league still can't get this piece right. They have tried every format possible over the decades and nothing they try ever seems to stick.

The timing of the FIFA international breaks at this time of the year makes things even more complicated.

I know they can’t control the international break, but it feels like MLS lost whatever momentum it had with that awesome first round. I had completely forgotten where we were at with the playoffs
Yeah me too.

I guess we will see if Sporting used the time well. At least Johnny Russell should be healthier.

I know they can’t control the international break, but it feels like MLS lost whatever momentum it had with that awesome first round. I had completely forgotten where we were at with the playoffs
Yes it is a complete mess. They have never been able to figure this part out in 25 years of trying. A two week break in the playoffs is just a killer.

The problem is that they continue to muck with the format of the playoffs with out being able to fix the underlying problem.

The only real fixes are to shorten the season or swap to a fall spring season, neither of which are ever going to happen because of revenue issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread