What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.07 Dynasty rookie pick done... 2.07 (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 TE, 1 Flex, no PPR.

Which rookie for the 1.07: Bowers, Lloyd, Wright, Corum, Thomas Jr, Worthy

RB: Mixon, Pollard, Connor, Charbonet, Dillon, Warren
WR: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Smith-Njigba, Cooks, Moore, Meyers
TE: Mayer, Okonkwo

If Bowers is available, it’s an easy pick, especially given your TE situation.

He is ranked tiers above the other options.
Thanks- I thought so too, from obvious long term value.

Only wrinkle is him being the 2nd TE and 4th raiders receiver on my squad... Adams, Meyers, Mayer and then him, which is why I'm second guessing myself.

If Bowers is available, it’s an easy pick, especially given your TE situation.

He is ranked tiers above the other options.
Thanks- I thought so too, from obvious long term value.

Only wrinkle is him being the 2nd TE and 4th raiders receiver on my squad... Adams, Meyers, Mayer and then him, which is why I'm second guessing myself.
I have the 7th pick as well. I don’t think bowers will fall to me but will be taking him if he does. I avoid raider players in general :lmao: no need to be even more pissed watching them lose.

The wrinkles for me is this league is full IDP. I also need wr help.

GGGLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS

The goal of a rookie draft is to draft multi year FF starters. The best way to do that is to draft the BPA available. Drafting for need (or other reasons like too many on one team) only lessen the chance of hitting on a FF starter. Take the BPA available as even if he is on the same team as half your starting lineup if he does what he should he will have value to you and others. Drafting a lesser player may not allow that happen.

I would rank them the following for my combined draft board:
  1. Bowers
  2. Tier Break
  3. Worthy
  4. Thomas Jr
  5. Tier Break
  6. Wright
  7. Lloyd
  8. Corum

Thanks for talking me off the edge, friends. I'll go with the obvious Bowers pick.

I think if you get Bowers with 1.07 you're getting a bargain. I'm in a dynasty league that's 20+ years old, super competitive. I was awful last year and had the 1.02 pick. I had two teams offering me the sun and the moon for 1.02 just so they could get Bowers (Marvin Jr. went 1.01). I took the best deal for 1.02 and true to form, the guy that traded with me took Bowers.

Take that for what it's worth.

As others have said, obviously Bowers.

Bowers

Thomas
Worthy

Wright
Corum
Lloyd

The RB's aren't close and that even goes for my RB-obsessed league.

Thanks all!

With this kind of momentum, let keep it going into the 2nd round.

Players available (1 of these will likely get taken in the pick before mine):

RBs- Lloyd, Wright
WRs- Pearsall, Legette

I probably rank them:

Wright - I love the upside and believe he will be used. A couple fragile guys ahead of him and I think Miami will use them enough to be useful and an injury and it vaults him up quite a bit.

Pearsall - This is more of a long term get (obviously). I think he will need to marinate a year or two before he becomes useful but will be a very solid FF Starter level player after that. Could be sooner if Aiyuk/Deebo gets sorted out and one leaves.

Lloyd - Fumbles worry me but if he solves that he should have a good path to a decent role in the next year or so.

Legette - Not a believer.

Users who are viewing this thread