What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12 team PPR Dynasty League looking for an active owner (1 Viewer)

Smitty72

Footballguy
The Bill Walsh Dynasty League is looking for 1 extremely active owner to take over an open team. The league fee is $81 of which $75 goes towards the league prize fund while the other $6 goes towards the website. It is a 12 team league broken down into 4 divisions with 6 teams making the playoffs (4 division winners and 2 wildcards having the 2 best non division winning records). We start 1 QB/2 RBs/2 WRs/2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 TE/1 K/1 Def and it is 1 PPR. We use a blind bidding $$ waiver system. Our rookie draft will be in late June or early July and it consists of 5 rounds. Keep in mind that this team doesn't own any picks in the 2012 rookie draft and is missing it's 2013 1st rounder as well. The roster looks like this:

Beck, John WAS QB

Grossman, Rex WAS QB

Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB

Manning, Peyton IND QB (Q)

Schaub, Matt HOU QB (P)

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB (P)

Graham, Earnest TBB RB (Q)

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

Ogbonnaya, Chris CLE RB

Williams, Carnell STL RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Gibson, Brandon STL WR

Hartline, Brian MIA WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK

Rackers, Neil HOU PK

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def

Texans, Houston HOU Def

Please email me at ssmithfamily@live.com if you have interest in taking over this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at that roster makes you wonder what the previous owner traded away all of it's picks for! Ouch....

GL to whoever decides to take over this team.

Yeah that is a horrible team to be missing a full year's picks plus another first. Thats why you make owners pay up if they trade future picks.

Looking at that roster makes you wonder what the previous owner traded away all of it's picks for! Ouch....GL to whoever decides to take over this team.
This team has some talent. I have seen much worse teams in this league and have filled them without much of a problem but thank you for your amazing insight. You bring so much to the table I imagine Joe and David will be signing you on to become a staff member here any minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at that roster makes you wonder what the previous owner traded away all of it's picks for! Ouch....GL to whoever decides to take over this team.
Yes thats why we changed the rules around to where if you trade away a future 1st you must first pay half the league fees for that season. This will be a non issue in this league moving forward.

This team has some talent. I have seen much worse teams in this league and have filled them without much of a problem but thank you for your amazing insight. You bring so much to the table I imagine Joe and David will be signing you on to become staff members here any minute.
Didn't intend to come off as a mean spirited comment... I was being honest in wondering what the previous owner traded away it's future picks for and wishing the future owner of this team luck in their rebuild :) They've got a bit a work ahead of them!Cheers :)

You need to subsidize a new owner or something. 80 bucks a year with no chance to win for at least 3 years isn't fun. I took over some real stinkers but they were cheap so it was okay. And if you knew better than people in this thread you never would have allowed all those trades in the first place so take it easy.

This is a very fun and active league. I joined it last season and had a blast even though I took over a less than stellar team. I have since built a decent and competitive team. Plenty of trade partners in this one.
You also probably did not have your 1st rounders for the next 2 drafts gone...If you want any interest, I would suggest either waiving the league fee for year 1 or at least lowering it. You should have really thought ahead on the future draft pick trading...it is not THAT unusual of a situation.In my league, I sometimes have to cover an orphan team out of my own pocket for a year to entice a new owner to give it a shot. Usually, they stick around. Just a suggestion if you don't have any bites. Either that or offer some extra draft picks for the team.

This is a very fun and active league. I joined it last season and had a blast even though I took over a less than stellar team. I have since built a decent and competitive team. Plenty of trade partners in this one.
You also probably did not have your 1st rounders for the next 2 drafts gone...If you want any interest, I would suggest either waiving the league fee for year 1 or at least lowering it. You should have really thought ahead on the future draft pick trading...it is not THAT unusual of a situation.In my league, I sometimes have to cover an orphan team out of my own pocket for a year to entice a new owner to give it a shot. Usually, they stick around. Just a suggestion if you don't have any bites. Either that or offer some extra draft picks for the team.
How can you expect to give draft picks and be fair to the rest of the league? Give a discount if anything for allowing the picks to be traded without prepaying.

I would be interested in this team. I would like to have access to the league website to get a little history and review the rules. I would be willing to pay the full dues for 2012 and I understand that I would have no draft pick in the 2012 rookie draft and no 1st rounder in the 2013 draft. I am not willing to pay half for the 2013 season as a result of the previous owner trading away the round 1 pick in next years draft but would be willing if I trade any other 2013 picks away.

The only extra concideration that I would require is that I get to throw all my players into the free agent pool and select my team from the expanded pool without cost or penalty. This would in no way affect the other 11 teams' rosters.

I would complete my selections by the end of the month (March 2012). The edge I would have is that I have had the opportunity to see the free agent activity through the end of the month and react to it before any of the other 11 owners. I am assuming that there is a freeze on off season activity until you find a replacement...

What would be my deadline (date) to pay the $81?

Any interest in my proposal? After I review the site, read the rules and see what players are available in the free agent pool I might decide not to take on the challenge BUT I should have an answer within a week.

John - Emerald Coast Burners

emeraldfootball2@sbcglobal.net

Users who are viewing this thread