What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 FBG Offseason IDP Content (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
After a brief post-draft lull to get the team defensive reports (release date soon) and magazine work completed, we'll be adding our usual glut of written (and recorded) content at a steady pace throughout the summer.

I'll bump this thread with updates and this initial post will have links to all content released on the main page. Also, remember to check out the companion pinned Warehouse thread for our biggest forum threads from the offseason.

STRATEGY/REVIEW ARTICLES

Mission Impossible (Borbely) -- Aug 31

Tony examines some this season's toughest players to rank at each position.

Reading the Defense Preseason Update (Bramel) -- Aug 28

Quick hitting hybrid column with some Stunts (from the RTD inseason column) and a few added From the Gut takes

IDP Value Plays (IDP Staff) -- Aug 24

The IDP staff teases out value from a current ADP list at the DL, LB and DB positions.

Overvalued IDPs -- (IDP Staff) -- Aug 24

The IDP staff marks the overvalued IDPs from a current ADP list at the DL, LB and DB positions.

IDP Deep Sleepers -- (IDP Staff) -- Aug 24

The IDP staff identifies the highest upside sleepers from beyond the top 125 current ADP list.

Top 200 IDPs with comments (Rudnicki) -- Aug 20

FBG consensus rankings of Top 200 IDPs with commentary on Top 100+ players

Eyes of the Guru Update (Scouting Preseason W1) (Norton) -- Aug 19

Norton with some eyes-on scouting analysis from the first preseason weekend.

Understanding IDP Dynasty Rankings (Borbely) -- Aug 19

Annual in-depth look at dynasty rankings philosophy and a followup discussion of the philosophy in practice.

Eyes of the Guru Preseason Report (Defensive Backs) (Norton) -- Aug 12

The industry standard preseason IDP preview finishes its position-by-position look with the major defensive back prospects.

From the Gut IDP (Bramel) -- Aug 10

An extension of Dodds' series, here are some gut feelings on the IDP side.

DB Tiering Strategy and Conversation (Bloom and Bramel) -- Aug 4

The tiering discussion continues with a look at the crazy mess at DB. Gold standards, question marks, undervalued players and danger zones all up for debate in this article.

Eyes of the Guru Preseason Report (Linebackers) (Norton) -- July 27

The industry standard preseason IDP preview continues with a long discussion of the major linebacker IDP prospects. Includes extended section on the 3-4 OLBs, a breakout of the ILB group into tiers and a discussion of the unsettled situations to watch as camp begins.

LB Tiering Strategy and Conversation (Bloom and Bramel) -- July 27

The tiering discussion continues with a long look into the linebacker tiers and how to work them into your draft strategy. Discussion of where the value lies in this group and opinions on how to treat the trend toward the 3-4 OLB.

Incorporating IDP Concepts (Bramel and Magaw) -- July 27

Updated version of an article posted in the FBG magazine in 2008. General discussion of how to work IDPs into your league, including some strategy discussion on drafting and trading IDPs.

Defense Wins Championships (Norton/Bramel) -- July 20

Full and updated version of our IDP preview article for the FBG magazine. Synopsis of each team's defensive prospects as a whole and their best IDP prospects for 2009.

Eyes of the Guru Preseason Report (Defensive Line) (Norton) -- July 9

The industry standard preseason IDP preview in three sections. Part 1 comprehensively reviews every team's defensive linemen and their IDP prospects for 2009 and beyond.

DL Tiering and Strategy Conversation (Bloom/Bramel) -- June 16

Bloom and Bramel discuss their philosophy of tiering, break down the DL rankings and discussion how the tiers within the rankings can be used to work out a draft strategy.

Reading the Defense Offseason Report (Bramel) -- May 28

A review of major offseason scheme and coaching changes, a brief early offseason From The Gut and some discussion of last season's year end tackle opportunity stats.

Ultimate Guide to NFL Defense (Bramel) -- May 28

Reprise of last season's release with updates to the IDP asides for 2009. Reviews all the major defensive schemes and variations with playbook diagrams and a little added historical flavor.

SPOTLIGHTS

DT Albert Haynesworth (Norton) -- August 13

DE Chris Long (Rudnicki) -- August 13

DE Julius Peppers (Magaw) -- August 6

DE Aaron Schobel (Rudnicki) -- August 6

LB James Harrison (Bramel) -- August 13

LB Curtis Lofton (Bramel) -- August 6

LB Barrett Ruud (Bramel) -- August 6

LB DJ Williams (Bramel) -- August 13

Green Bay Linebackers (Bramel) -- August 13

New York Jets Linebackers (Bramel) -- August 19

CB Richard Marshall (Magaw) -- August 6

S Brian Dawkins (Pasquino) -- August 13

S Roman Harper (Bramel) -- August 13

S Chris Horton (Pasquino) -- August 13

S Eric Weddle (Rudnicki) -- August 6

Miami Safeties (Bramel) -- August 13

Philadelphia Safeties (Pasquino) -- August 19

Rookie safeties (IDP Staff) -- August 19

FACEOFFS

DE Robert Mathis (Baker/Norton) -- July 15

DE Terrell Suggs (Bloom/Magaw) -- July 29

LB London Fletcher (Bramel/Bloom) -- Aug 12

LB D'Qwell Jackson (Bloom/Bramel) -- July 15

LB Derrick Johnson (Bramel/Rudnicki) -- Aug 12

LB Jerod Mayo (Bloom/Baker) -- July 15

LB Keith Rivers (Borbely/Bloom) -- Aug 12

LB Lawrence Timmons (Norton/Baker) -- July 29

LB Jonathan Vilma (Thomas/Pasquino) -- July 15

LB DeMarcus Ware (Pasquino/Rudnicki) -- Aug 12

S O.J. Atogwe (Bramel/Rudnicki) -- July 15

S Chris Hope (Baker/Thomas) -- Aug 12

S Troy Polamalu (Pasquino/Bramel) -- Aug 12

S Adrian Wilson (Bloom/Borbely) -- July 15

IDP ROUNDTABLE PODCAST EPISODES

Review of Scheme and Coaching Changes on the Audible

Two Part Review of Defensive Free Agency on the Audible

NFL Draft Review on the Audible

Pre Training Camp Episode on the Audible

Last edited by a moderator:
You my sir, are AWESOME! I won't post it because it I don't know if it's suscriber content or not, but head over to FBG & read the offseason edition of Reading the Defense. It's great to have it back. "From the Gut" rocks!

This is why FBG is the best!

ETA: Maybe this should be in the pinned thread at the top. Didn't see it at first glance. Feel free to move if necessary.

BTW- I love me some Curtis Lofton! yippee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyes of the Guru (Defensive Linemen) posted last week. First four faceoffs posted today, including D'Qwell Jackson, Jerod Mayo, Jonathan Vilma and OJ Atogwe.

:pickle:

Just had a question and was hoping somebody could help me out...i was thinking about purchasing the FBG subscription for the player projections...specifically I wanted to know if the IDP projections include return yards, since my league scores return yardage pretty heavily and I find predicting return yardage from players (esp def players) to be the most difficult thing to do from a fantasy perspective...anyway, any insight is much appreciated

Just had a question and was hoping somebody could help me out...i was thinking about purchasing the FBG subscription for the player projections...specifically I wanted to know if the IDP projections include return yards, since my league scores return yardage pretty heavily and I find predicting return yardage from players (esp def players) to be the most difficult thing to do from a fantasy perspective...anyway, any insight is much appreciated
Return yards are not a part of the offensive or defensive projections. Mike Herman, and some here in the Forum, follow returners closely, but there are no projections posted in the preseason. Inseason, Herman has a weekly returner column and I'm again hoping to have a returner trend analysis in my weekly IDP column (with kerpow's help).

Loving these IDP articles guys! Awesome stuff. :goodposting: I was wondering if there are plans for a "Super Sleeper - IDP Version" similar to what was put out for the offensive positions today (or yesterday). Those are one of my favorite reads and would love to have that for IDPs! Forgive me if this has already been addressed and I just didn't see it.

Keep up the great work, boys!

Three more spotlights added today and we've begun work on a value plays article. We're hoping to have something together by next week.

Tons of new IDP content to check out.

Top 200 IDPs with comments (Rudnicki) -- Aug 20

FBG consensus rankings of Top 200 IDPs with commentary on Top 100+ players

2009 IDP Value Plays (Staff) -- Aug 24

Players who are most likely to outperform their current ADP

2009 IDP Overvalued Players (Staff) -- Aug 24

Players who are most likely to underperform compared to their current ADP

2009 IDP Deep Sleepers (Staff) -- Aug 24

Players being drafted late that have a chance to dramatically outperform their ADP

davlar said:
Jene Bramel said:
davlar said:
When is the first IDP Roundtable podcast released?
They're usually released on Thursdays during the regular season. We'll be recording this week.
Thanks Jene. Are they done before the week or after the week as more of a review?
Both. We usually review all the major news from the prior week and do some speculation on the coming week at the same time.This week, we'll probably be following up on some of the positional battles that were still up in the air when we last recorded, cover the ripple effects of injuries for W1, hit on the Seymour and Pollard stories, talk about some general matchups and whatever else comes up before Wed night.

Users who are viewing this thread