What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 IDP Survivor Contest SIGNUP Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
The Ultimate IDP Survivor Contest

Please read the first two posts closely this year. Thanks.

Want to prove your IDP chops? Want to see how you stack up against your FBG IDP Forum colleagues, the most informed and active community in the industry? Want a chance to kick a little FBG IDP staff tail? Just in it for the glory and prizes?

Here’s your chance.

I’ll post the full rule set, scoring systems, prize information, etc in the post to follow, but here are the highlights:

Once again this year, many of our brightest message board posters will be invited to face-off against our primary FBG IDP staff contributors. Depending on interest, we may have 3-5 12 team leagues. Over the first eight weeks of the NFL season, each league will compete in all-play format, with the cream of the crop (numbers TBD) advancing to the final leg. The surviving teams (number TBD) from each of those leagues will redraft an expanded IDP only roster and compete over the next eight weeks of the NFL season. Only one will survive to be crowned the Ultimate IDP Survivor.

In addition to the bragging rights of making it to the final league, David will be graciously offering prizes (TBD, but generally includes a combination of cash and FBG subscriptions) to the top finishers:

If you’re interested, here’s what we need:

**A post in this thread self-nominating yourself.

**A commitment that you’ll make a dedicated effort to draft promptly should you be selected for one of the Leg 1 leagues and be reasonably certain that you’ll be available for the Leg 2 draft between Weeks 8 and 9 of the NFL season.

**A ranking of preferences for one of three Leg 1 defensive scoring systems (tackle heavy, balanced or big play heavy IDP scoring). The offensive scoring will be the same in all Leg 1 leagues.

That’s it.

We'll do random draws if we have a surplus of interested message boarders as we did last season and slot folks into leagues early next week. We're on a tighter time schedule this year, so be ready to respond to a message board PM this by next Monday if chosen to provide your email for the MFL invite and expect there to be a timer for the slow Leg 1 draft.

Who’s interested?

-------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
:construction:

(Please note: This post may be a work in progress. Depending on the level of interest, the number of message board teams may change, which will alter the mechanics of the league(s). See the end of this post for all clarifications.)

48 contestants (8 staff IDP contributors//40 message boarders)

Leg 1

Four 12 team leagues drafting individual offensive and defensive players

Each league will have 2-3 staff members. There will be at least one league with tackle heavy, big play heavy and balanced scoring systems. Depending on interest, there may be more than one league of the IDP scoring systems above.

**Offensive scoring will include PPR. Defensive scoring will vary by league. Available IDP scoring systems are listed below. All offensive lineups will be QB/2RB/3WR/TE/PK with a single RB/WR/TE flex to total nine offensive starters. All defensive lineups will be 2DE/DT/3LB/2CB/2S with a single DL/LB/DB flex to total 11 defensive starters. All owners will draft 40 players during a slow MFL draft to begin TBD. Initial draft order will be generated randomly. There will be no positional restrictions during the draft.

**Owners will not submit lineups. The best available lineup will be scored from your entire roster of players.

**This season's contest will be an all-play contest. Each team will play every other team each week. Total wins and losses will be added up over the eight week "season". The number of advancing teams from each league will be determined after the number of leagues has been determined. Teams with the best all-play records from each league will advance to the final leg. Tiebreaker will be total points scored if necessary.

Leg 2

**A single 12 team league drafting individual defensive players only consisting of the top three scoring teams from each of the four original Leg 1 leagues. Draft slots will be awarded according to performance in the Leg 1 leagues. The top scoring team in each Leg 1 league will draft in the top draft slots, with the exact order to be determined randomly. Random draws will take place for each "bucket" of the next highest scoring team from each league.

**Defensive scoring will be balanced IDP scoring. Scoring system will be sent to all potential league participants well in advance. All defensive lineups will be 2DE/DT/3LB/2CB/2S with a single DE/LB/DB flex to total 11 defensive starters. All owners will draft 26 players (no positional restrictions) by slow MFL draft to begin on Tuesday morning following Week 8 of the NFL season. Should the draft not be complete by Saturday noon ET of that week, all owners will be expected to be available to finish the draft in a live draft room (TBD) at noon ET Saturday.

**Should a Leg 2 owner be unable to draft and need to be replaced, a random dice roll among the highest remaining scorer in each of the three Leg 1 leagues will determine the first replacement owner. Potential replacement owners will be notified in advance.

**Owners will not submit lineups. The best available lineup will be scored from your entire roster of players.

**This season's contest will be an all-play contest. Each team will play every other team each week. Total wins and losses will be added up over the eight week "season". The team with the best all-play record (total points tiebreaker) between Weeks 9 and 16 of the NFL regular season will be declared the champion.

FBG has graciously agreed to put up the following prizes again this year:

1st prize: Lifetime subscription, $300 cash

2nd prize: 3 year subscription, $150 cash

3rd prize: 3 year subscription, $100 cash

4th prize: 3 year subscription, $75 cash

5th - 8th prizes: 1 year subscription

--------------

Message board contestants will be eligible for the contest after self-nominating themselves in a thread in the IDP Forum and will be chosen for inclusion by the IDP staff.Scoring systems:

Defense: Leg 1 (Tackle heavy) Leg 2 (Big play heavy) Leg 3 (Balanced) Solo 2 1.5 1.5 Assist 1 0.75 0.75 Sack 4 8 5 PD 1 1.5 1.5 INT 4 8 5 FF 2 5 4 FR 2 5 4 TD 6 10 6Offense:TD 6 (all pass, rush, receiving, return)

Rush/Rec Yd 0.1 per yard

Pass Yd 0.05 per yard

Reception 1 (RB/WR/TE)

INT -1

XP 1

FG 3

Message boarders may enter BOTH this and the offense/Team D contests. Should there be more than 28 message board self-nominations, the contest may be expanded to four Leg 1 leagues and 40 message board teams. Should there be more than 40 self-nominations, the FBG IDP staff will fill out the leagues with a slight preference for our more active and dedicated posters over the past couple of seasons.

As defending champion I'm obligated, right? Hopefully I fare better than previous champ OBX last year. Count me in. ;)

Preferences:

1) Balanced

2) Tackle heavy

3) Big play

I have been playing in IDP leagues for 7 years. The only non IDP leagues I play in are survivor style or draft only leagues. I have played in this survivor IDP the last 3 years and loved it even though I have only made it to the second round once. :bag: I would love the opportunity to do this again this year.

Preferences:

Tackle heavy

Big Play

Balanced

I'd like to be in this. Preference would be balanced, then tackle

Want to prove your IDP chops?
No.
Want to see how you stack up against your FBG IDP Forum colleagues, the most informed and active community in the industry?
Not really.
Want a chance to kick a little FBG IDP staff tail?
Again?
Just in it for the glory and prizes?
Now ya got my attention.Just put me in your league, Jene, whatever one you choose.

I'd love to be involved. First preference would be tackle heavy, but I'm open to whatever.

Would love to try this out. Never been in a survivor with IDP but play only in IDP redrafts and dynasties.

Balanced

Big Play

Tackle Heavy

been lurking on the boards for a while now..eat sleep breathe idp..would love to take on the challenge..dont gotta worry about me missing the draft

preferences

1. Tackle Heavy

2. Balanced

Thanks

Hi - i would Love to come back and join this great tradition of this forum.

my name is Amit and im from Isarel - email: amitttamar@yahoo.com

I'm ready to participate on any given date and hour (will adjust myself as possible).

*My ranking of preferences :

tackle heavy

balanced

big play heavy IDP scoring

thanks in advance and best regards and many thanks anyway to the whole IDP crew of FBG on thier great work.

Sure, why not. Ive done this a few times and score really well typically, but always get tripped up by a crushing week-two-or-three.

This year Id try the 1-Big Play option if given the choice. Followed by 2-Balance and then 3-Tackle Heavy.

Looks like I have eight staffers and 40 message board nominations.

May have two staffer alternates, but post here if you're still interested.

Everyone who nominated themselves for the contest should get a PM sometime today. You must reply to that PM and give me an email address (for further communications, league invite and any prize notifications). Do it ASAP please, as I'm hoping to get the leagues filled officially and begin drafting by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread