What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Just made this deal after some intense negotiations. Guy is 1-7 with NO future draft picks to speak of and put Foster on the block this morning, felt like I needed to jump at the opportunity, although I also think that I overpaid. But a championship is worth it. Deep 36-player rosters, offense only.I gave:Chris JohnsonMark IngramGreg LittleJavon RingerJamie Harper2012 1st (mid)2012 2nd (late)2012 3rd (late)I got:Arian FosterDevin Hester (whatever--needed to even out the trade, DEEP roster league.)Adrian Arrington (whatever..)Chad Spann (whatever flier)Josh Brown (needed a backup K, they're all rostered in this league)2012 4th2012 5thNow my starting lineup is:NewtonFoster, TurnerMegatron, Nicks, Wallace, AustinFinley/F. DavisI think I can win the championship with this lineup, as long as I can get into the playoffs, which are a lock at this point even with a rough week 9 bye week coming up. I think this trade totally depends on how people feel about Chris Johnson and Ingram. I'd appreciate some feedback.
I think you gave too much. Even if you do win it all this year. Hope you have a decent young RB3, since Turner is near the end. Definitely a ballsy trade though, so hope it works out for you.

Just made this deal after some intense negotiations. Guy is 1-7 with NO future draft picks to speak of and put Foster on the block this morning, felt like I needed to jump at the opportunity, although I also think that I overpaid. But a championship is worth it. Deep 36-player rosters, offense only.I gave:Chris JohnsonMark IngramGreg LittleJavon RingerJamie Harper2012 1st (mid)2012 2nd (late)2012 3rd (late)I got:Arian FosterDevin Hester (whatever--needed to even out the trade, DEEP roster league.)Adrian Arrington (whatever..)Chad Spann (whatever flier)Josh Brown (needed a backup K, they're all rostered in this league)2012 4th2012 5thNow my starting lineup is:NewtonFoster, TurnerMegatron, Nicks, Wallace, AustinFinley/F. DavisI think I can win the championship with this lineup, as long as I can get into the playoffs, which are a lock at this point even with a rough week 9 bye week coming up. I think this trade totally depends on how people feel about Chris Johnson and Ingram. I'd appreciate some feedback.
I think you gave too much. Even if you do win it all this year. Hope you have a decent young RB3, since Turner is near the end. Definitely a ballsy trade though, so hope it works out for you.
I love the trade for him. That lineup is sick...his WR4 is Miles Austin. Seriously. He will likely have options to improve his RB core, with how strong his WRs are.

Philip RiversForFred Jackson
I'm interested in what people say about this. I know Fjax is having a career year along with very solid back to back seasons, but he is 30, and I still believe Philip is a top 5 dynasty QB. in a league I had Peyton, I traded him, Hardesty, and my 1st (was 3-1 or 3-2 with most points scored at the time) for Rivers.

I think this really depends on how many teams in the league.10 teams...you gave up WAYYY to much12 teams...you overpaid, but it's debatable as to how much. I think it's perfectly fine to add a guy like foster to that starting lineup for what you paid. I would have done the same thing.14 teams...you should be a championship contender for YEARS.Also, it would help to see what your full roster looks like. Sometimes, especially in deep leagues, just the starting lineup doesn't tell the full story.

I'm interested in what people say about this. I know Fjax is having a career year along with very solid back to back seasons, but he is 30, and I still believe Philip is a top 5 dynasty QB. in a league I had Peyton, I traded him, Hardesty, and my 1st (was 3-1 or 3-2 with most points scored at the time) for Rivers.
I like it. In 2 or 3 years when you have a very good QB, Fred Jax will be the radio play by play guy in Toronto.

I owned Charles in 4 leagues at the start of the year - 3 I have him IR'd, and the one without an IR spot I moved him for a first from a team that is bad - although they're doing better than I expected, I still think I get a top 5 pick. It looked top 2 when I made my trade. I would do it again 10 times out of ten, if only because you have more options with the first.1. Keep it, get younger2. Trade it for immediate help - chances are you get more for a poor team's first than for Charles3. Trade it for multiple picks and reloadAnd regardless, you have no more of that risk attached to a spot and you open up a roster spot.
Well there is the risk that the pick turns into a bust. I'm not saying what you did was wrong - but you act like it's a no brainer. As far as getting "younger" now we start worring about RBs at age 25? When does it stop?Also Options 2 and 3, apply to Charles as well. He can be traded in the offseason after he shows some signs of health. His value will be much higher then, than it is right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have a shot to win it all, you take it. (The boundaries of reason apply obviously)Things change too much from year to year to pass over the current opportunity for the trophy to worry about future concerns.That's a win for you, just for improving and going for it this year. Who knows if it works out or not but ya got to try.OT: Still hard for me to believe Chris Johnson looks so awful.

For Arian Foster? Really?

I owned Charles in 4 leagues at the start of the year - 3 I have him IR'd, and the one without an IR spot I moved him for a first from a team that is bad - although they're doing better than I expected, I still think I get a top 5 pick. It looked top 2 when I made my trade. I would do it again 10 times out of ten, if only because you have more options with the first.

1. Keep it, get younger

2. Trade it for immediate help - chances are you get more for a poor team's first than for Charles

3. Trade it for multiple picks and reload

And regardless, you have no more of that risk attached to a spot and you open up a roster spot.
Well there is the risk that the pick turns into a bust. I'm not saying what you did was wrong - but you act like it's a no brainer. As far as getting "younger" now we start worring about RBs at age 25? When does it stop?Also Options 2 and 3, apply to Charles as well. He can be traded in the offseason after he shows some signs of health. His value will be much higher then, than it is right now.
Option 2 doesn't apply to an offseason trade if you're making a title run now. I turned him and Plax into FJax and Marshall. We'll see if that works.I just don't want anything to do with guys who have knee injuries anywhere other than QB. Sometimes I'll get burned, like Welker. Sometimes trading Ronnie Brown when you could was the best move.

'Dope said:
'r0llin_game said:
I like it. In 2 or 3 years when you have a very good QB, Fred Jax will be the radio play by play guy in Toronto.
Whoops, it was like 7am when I posted that this morning, read it as him getting FJax.

For Arian Foster? Really?
Did you just flash back to 2009, perhaps? Yes, for Foster.

It's not that I don't think he's going to put up stud numbers, but I believe a lot of it has to do with the system he's in. He's a UFA next year and could easily go to a team where he won't put up such numbers. If you don't win a title you're going to be kicking yourself for years to come.

It's not that I don't think he's going to put up stud numbers, but I believe a lot of it has to do with the system he's in. He's a UFA next year and could easily go to a team where he won't put up such numbers. If you don't win a title you're going to be kicking yourself for years to come.
He's a RFA, and Houston will put a huge tender on him. Chances are he will play in Houston because even at the highest tender they only have to pay $3.5 mil which is a bargain (Pierre Thomas money). Any team that wants him is going to have to give up a 1st or something significant, and those sort of trades for RBs are pretty rare.

When you have a shot to win it all, you take it. (The boundaries of reason apply obviously)Things change too much from year to year to pass over the current opportunity for the trophy to worry about future concerns.That's a win for you, just for improving and going for it this year. Who knows if it works out or not but ya got to try.OT: Still hard for me to believe Chris Johnson looks so awful.
I tihnk he gave up way too much. As much as I love Foster (and I own him), he gave up possibly 4 very good players for essentially Foster. I understand the 'going for it when you have a chance' mentality but the same thing could have been accomplished for much less. He could have traded one player to the FJax owner and received a player equal to Foster (this year) for the championship run.Someone else mentioned he could always deal a WR to restock his RBs in the future, but eventually, you run out of depth to trade.

This trade just went down in one of my leagues - non-ppr, 12 team dynasty, standard scoring, 24 man rosters

Team A (worst team in the league) gave up Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from team xyz

Team B (one of the better teams in the league) gave up Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Williams, Mike SEA WR; Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

That was a questionable trade IMO.

He's a RFA, and Houston will put a huge tender on him. Chances are he will play in Houston because even at the highest tender they only have to pay $3.5 mil which is a bargain (Pierre Thomas money). Any team that wants him is going to have to give up a 1st or something significant, and those sort of trades for RBs are pretty rare.
This. Also, I'm not sure how anyone can watch Foster vs. Tate this year and still come away with the perception that Foster is "only" a system back. He's clearly on another level, talent-wise.

This trade just went down in one of my leagues - non-ppr, 12 team dynasty, standard scoring, 24 man rostersTeam A (worst team in the league) gave up Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from team xyzTeam B (one of the better teams in the league) gave up Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Williams, Mike SEA WR; Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team BThat was a questionable trade IMO.
At first glance this seems like collusion. Team B is clearly getting the way better players, not just this year but in the future. If FJax wasn't involved at all I'd say this was about even. But WITH him? Have you asked Team A to justify this? I can't think of any way that he would think this is a good trade for him.

This trade just went down in one of my leagues - non-ppr, 12 team dynasty, standard scoring, 24 man rostersTeam A (worst team in the league) gave up Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from team xyzTeam B (one of the better teams in the league) gave up Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Williams, Mike SEA WR; Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team BThat was a questionable trade IMO.
At first glance this seems like collusion. Team B is clearly getting the way better players, not just this year but in the future. If FJax wasn't involved at all I'd say this was about even. But WITH him? Have you asked Team A to justify this? I can't think of any way that he would think this is a good trade for him.
This is a dynasty thread, isn't it? For the future, this is Spiller for Williams. Spiller hasn't shown any indication he will be an every down RB in the future. At this point ,I'd rather have the potential in Williams. If I were team A, i tihnk I could have received more , but the market for FJax is likely limited to only the contending teams this year and even then it would likely have to be a contending team with a need at RB.

This is a dynasty thread, isn't it? For the future, this is Spiller for Williams. Spiller hasn't shown any indication he will be an every down RB in the future. At this point ,I'd rather have the potential in Williams. If I were team A, i tihnk I could have received more , but the market for FJax is likely limited to only the contending teams this year and even then it would likely have to be a contending team with a need at RB.
I also don't think it was that bad considering the team giving up Fred Jackson is out of contention this year.

This trade just went down in one of my leagues - non-ppr, 12 team dynasty, standard scoring, 24 man rosters

Team A (worst team in the league) gave up Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB; Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from team xyz

Team B (one of the better teams in the league) gave up Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Williams, Mike SEA WR; Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

I also don't think it was that bad considering the team giving up Fred Jackson is out of contention this year.
I'm the team getting Jackson and Spiller.The team receiving Williams is very high on him, and it's pretty much as simple as that. The trade also virtually assures him of having pick 1.01 next year. Could he have received more elsewhere? Maybe, maybe not. I guess that depends on if he could acquire someone he liked more than Williams, but he obviously liked Williams more than anyone else or any package of picks he's been offered.

It certainly helps my lineup this year because I can now rotate Beanie Wells, Willis McGahee, and Brandon Marshall around at flex.

BMW and the picks were really just window dressing. I easily rejected Jackson straight up for Williams - didn't need him nearly enough to give up Williams' entire career for a 30 year old RB when the playoffs come down to luck 90% of the time anyways. I have very little faith that Spiller is ever a contributing member of my team, but I wasn't going to trade for a 30 year old starting RB, no matter how good he is right now, without getting his backup too.

Everyone has an opinion, though.

Wasn't aware Fred announced his retirement.
Fred was an RB2 the last 2 years. He's worth no more than Turner in a dynasty, except to a team making a run this year. If you value Spiller, it means you think he's good enough to cut into Fred's production. if you don't value Spiller, it means you are getting a player who might play at a high level for another year, but most likely will return to his RB2 production, or maybe even decline like most other 31 yo RBs. Fred is signed thorugh 2012. Until the Bills give him a $30 million extension, he's just a soon to be 31 yo RB in a great situation.

I'm the team getting Jackson and Spiller.The team receiving Williams is very high on him, and it's pretty much as simple as that. The trade also virtually assures him of having pick 1.01 next year. Could he have received more elsewhere? Maybe, maybe not. I guess that depends on if he could acquire someone he liked more than Williams, but he obviously liked Williams more than anyone else or any package of picks he's been offered.

It certainly helps my lineup this year because I can now rotate Beanie Wells, Willis McGahee, and Brandon Marshall around at flex.

BMW and the picks were really just window dressing. I easily rejected Jackson straight up for Williams - didn't need him nearly enough to give up Williams' entire career for a 30 year old RB when the playoffs come down to luck 90% of the time anyways. I have very little faith that Spiller is ever a contributing member of my team, but I wasn't going to trade for a 30 year old starting RB, no matter how good he is right now, without getting his backup too.

Everyone has an opinion, though.
Everything you said is exactly correct. The trading partners for FJax are extremely limited. I wonder what others (Hoss?) offered or would have offered that owner for FJax.

PPR 12 team

Traded Away:

Matthew Stafford (DET)

Antonio Brown (PIT)

2012 Draft, Rnd 3

Acquired:

Miles Austin (DAL)

Ryan Williams (ARI)

2012 Draft, Rnd 5

PPR 12 team

Traded Away:

Brandon Lloyd (STL)

Eric Decker (DEN)

2012 Draft, Rnd 1 (likely pick 10-12)

Acquired:

Jeremy Maclin (PHI)

Ben Tate (HOU)

2012 Draft, Rnd 3

PPR 12 team

Trade Away:

Ryan Williams (ARI)

2012 Draft, Rnd 1 (likey 9-12)

2012 Draft, Rnd 2

Receive:

Fred Jackson (BUF)

PPR 12 teamTraded Away: Brandon Lloyd (STL) Eric Decker (DEN) 2012 Draft, Rnd 1 (likely pick 10-12)Acquired: Jeremy Maclin (PHI) Ben Tate (HOU) 2012 Draft, Rnd 3
Makes no sense. You think maclin is gonna be a top 5 wr?

'NBusiness said:
'Dez said:
PPR 12 teamTraded Away: Brandon Lloyd (STL) Eric Decker (DEN) 2012 Draft, Rnd 1 (likely pick 10-12)Acquired: Jeremy Maclin (PHI) Ben Tate (HOU) 2012 Draft, Rnd 3
I'm not the OP, but I have Maclin a good deal higher than either Lloyd or Decker. Tate is pretty valuable himself in a dynasty, especially if the OP has Foster.

'Dez said:
PPR 12 teamTrade Away: Ryan Williams (ARI) 2012 Draft, Rnd 1 (likey 9-12) 2012 Draft, Rnd 2Receive: Fred Jackson (BUF)
Gunning for the championship type trade. If it pans out nice work.

I don't understand why anyone would trade Taiwan Jones right now for a mid-2012 2nd round pick. That's not much better than what any owner probably got him for in their rookie draft. Unless he gets injured, his value will only increase. Its not as if you NEED a 2012 2nd right now in the middle of the season. And to sell him right before he's finally going to see some significant (maybe) real game action? Crazy.

I don't understand why anyone would trade Taiwan Jones right now for a mid-2012 2nd round pick. That's not much better than what any owner probably got him for in their rookie draft. Unless he gets injured, his value will only increase. Its not as if you NEED a 2012 2nd right now in the middle of the season. And to sell him right before he's finally going to see some significant (maybe) real game action? Crazy.
I was flabbergasted by that trade as well.

Agree - it almost appears to be an attempt to sell high, perhaps anticipating he is not going to do well with the few touches he gets in DMC's absence. If this was for a projected late 1st I might get into it, but not for mid 2nd.

Huge trade in a Backyard Brawl league (14 teams PPR)

Team A gave up:

Brady, Tom NEP QB

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Team B gave up:

Newton, Cam CAR QB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick

Team A is 6-2

Team B is 2-6

I don't understand why team A would do this. They have a championship roster and they are trading away 2 BIG pieces to get younger?

I also don't understand it from Team B's perspective.

To me, this seems like a trade that hurts both teams instead of helping both teams...but maybe I'm missing something.

(Also...I hope I am not calling out the owners in the league, because I respect both of them very much. I am just shuked at the whole thing.)

I'm contending in an IDP league but need a 2nd QB with Peyton out. So I traded Mallett, P.Turner, J.McClain, C. Rogers for Alex Smith and Antrel Rolle. Basically Mallett for Smith with some throw-ins.

Huge trade in a Backyard Brawl league (14 teams PPR)Team A gave up:Brady, Tom NEP QBMcCoy, LeSean PHI RBTeam B gave up:Newton, Cam CAR QBJones, Julio ATL WRYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick Year 2013 Round 2 Draft PickTeam A is 6-2Team B is 2-6I don't understand why team A would do this. They have a championship roster and they are trading away 2 BIG pieces to get younger?I also don't understand it from Team B's perspective.To me, this seems like a trade that hurts both teams instead of helping both teams...but maybe I'm missing something.(Also...I hope I am not calling out the owners in the league, because I respect both of them very much. I am just shuked at the whole thing.)
Team A here.McCoy is the biggest fantasy football asset in our format - hands down. It hurts to lose him. Cam is equal to Brady now, if not a better option, and I am talking about this season. When Brady gets 180 yards and a TD, his numbers suck - and Brady does have those days. When Cam does, his numbers don't look so bad when he adds 6-8 points on the ground. I would bet he scores more over the duration of the season.Shady>Cam>Jones>BradyI simply think Cam has the potential to be the biggest dynasty asset since LT. It hurts to lose McCoy in the process - but I got my guy. When I drafted McCoy #1 overall, I took flack for that. I am hoping this move pays off as well.And according to FBG rankings from here on out, I still have a championship roster. :thumbup:

Huge trade in a Backyard Brawl league (14 teams PPR)Team A gave up:Brady, Tom NEP QBMcCoy, LeSean PHI RBTeam B gave up:Newton, Cam CAR QBJones, Julio ATL WRYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick Year 2013 Round 2 Draft PickTeam A is 6-2Team B is 2-6I don't understand why team A would do this. They have a championship roster and they are trading away 2 BIG pieces to get younger?I also don't understand it from Team B's perspective.To me, this seems like a trade that hurts both teams instead of helping both teams...but maybe I'm missing something.(Also...I hope I am not calling out the owners in the league, because I respect both of them very much. I am just shuked at the whole thing.)
Team A here.McCoy is the biggest fantasy football asset in our format - hands down. It hurts to lose him. Cam is equal to Brady now, if not a better option, and I am talking about this season. When Brady gets 180 yards and a TD, his numbers suck - and Brady does have those days. When Cam does, his numbers don't look so bad when he adds 6-8 points on the ground. I would bet he scores more over the duration of the season.Shady>Cam>Jones>BradyI simply think Cam has the potential to be the biggest dynasty asset since LT. It hurts to lose McCoy in the process - but I got my guy. When I drafted McCoy #1 overall, I took flack for that. I am hoping this move pays off as well.And according to FBG rankings from here on out, I still have a championship roster. :thumbup:
Whoa! Shocked you would deal Shady gb. I like getting Cam, but McCoy is a top 3 startup pick. Cam is a late 1st rounder at best. What's the rest of your roster look like?

'NBusiness said:
'Dez said:
I'm not the OP, but I have Maclin a good deal higher than either Lloyd or Decker. Tate is pretty valuable himself in a dynasty, especially if the OP has Foster.
The guy trading for Maclin and Tate does have Foster and also has a loaded team (Nicks/Bowe/Austin/Maclin)What makes no sense about it ? 20 man roster limits a late 1st isn't worth much if you don't hit on someone that looks like he will play right away they end up getting waived.Guys like Hankerson, V-Brown, T-Smith even D-Murry were all late 1st/2nd round picks that got waived or traded for a 2012 6th or 7th round pick before the season started because teams had to cut down to 20 players.Heck Newton went in the 3rd round so having many picks is better than having high picks (unless you have top 5 then of course you want those more)

Very interesting trade. I like to join 1 new dynasty league each year (not sure how long I can keep it up) and prefer ones that start in June because its a boring time of the sporting year and also because its before there are a lot of rankings out which makes it more challenging. Everyone kind of has to reason through where they think guys should be ranked and there is less consensus than there is in August.I mention that because I think Cam will be one of the hardest guys to assess the dynasty value of this summer. Trades like this make me suspect he could end up rising to the level of top 5 overall pick in dynasty startups next year. If he ends the year with 4000 yards passing and also has 12 or 13 rushing TDs as a 22 year old rookie, he almost has to go that high, doesn't he? And if the Panthers add a guy like Justin Blackmon in the top 10 of the draft, does he challenge for 1st overall?

'bengalbuck said:
'Concept Coop said:
'Dope said:
Very interesting trade. I like to join 1 new dynasty league each year (not sure how long I can keep it up) and prefer ones that start in June because its a boring time of the sporting year and also because its before there are a lot of rankings out which makes it more challenging. Everyone kind of has to reason through where they think guys should be ranked and there is less consensus than there is in August.I mention that because I think Cam will be one of the hardest guys to assess the dynasty value of this summer. Trades like this make me suspect he could end up rising to the level of top 5 overall pick in dynasty startups next year. If he ends the year with 4000 yards passing and also has 12 or 13 rushing TDs as a 22 year old rookie, he almost has to go that high, doesn't he? And if the Panthers add a guy like Justin Blackmon in the top 10 of the draft, does he challenge for 1st overall?
While Blackmon would be a dream scenario for cam owners (and future Blackmon owners!) I think it would be tough to pass on an elite defensive player in the 1st, for the panthers. Thats why they're losing games, after all, not because of the offense. But it might just work out that the top of the 1st is very offense-heavy this year, and value may dictate a guy like Balckmon. We can hope!

non ppr 20 teamer, was not involved in this. Team A already has Cam Newton.

Team A gave:

Phillip Rivers

Marian Barber

Titus Young

2012 first (should be between 8-12)

Team B gave:

Taverns Jackson

Ben Tate

Peyton Hillis

'jeter23 said:
Whoa! Shocked you would deal Shady gb. I like getting Cam, but McCoy is a top 3 startup pick. Cam is a late 1st rounder at best. What's the rest of your roster look like?
I am kind of shocked too, but the VORP numbers made sense to me. Cam has scored more VBD, through 8 games, than Rodgers and Brady did all of last season. He is on pace to score 160+ VBD, which is 60 more than Adrian Peterson has averaged over his (amazing) career. At one point Cam was on pace for the 4th best fantasy season for a QB ever, and I don't think that has changed (I read it last week or the week before).Simply put, Cam, if he could only maintain this pace and stay healhty, would be as valuable as McCoy (Raw VBD). If he could somehow improve these numbers, we are looking at the LT of dynasty assets that just happens to be a QB. Holding that for 10 years would be worth losing McCoy, as high as I am on him.In other words...I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and will enjoy the ride.And I think Julio is worth much more than Brady - at least a round in a startup draft.As for my roster:CamMJDFreddy JacksonCJ SpillerWitten (1.5 PPR for TE; top 10 WR/TE)Steve Smith (CAR)Marques ColstonJulio JonesAnquan BoldinLance Kendricks (1.5)Kyle Rudolph (1.5)As you can see, the roster, especially my WR/TE were pretty old. Julio really adds youth and depth to the position.

'bengalbuck said:
'Concept Coop said:
'Dope said:
While Blackmon would be a dream scenario for cam owners (and future Blackmon owners!) I think it would be tough to pass on an elite defensive player in the 1st, for the panthers. Thats why they're losing games, after all, not because of the offense. But it might just work out that the top of the 1st is very offense-heavy this year, and value may dictate a guy like Balckmon. We can hope!
I don't follow the Panthers too closely, but I'm pretty sure that 2 of their best D players had season ending injuries early on (Jon Beason and Thomas Davis). When those 2 come back, I think their front 7 becomes pretty solid. They definitely look like they could use a CB (Morris Claiborne?) though, so you could be right that D is the top priority.However, I'd think that WR is pretty high on their list of needs also. How many more years can Steve Smith be a top WR? And guys like LaFell, Gettis, etc. don't seem to have #1 WR potential. It may make good sense to continue to build this offense around Cam with big-time weapons like Indy did early in Manning's career. They already are set at RB and TE so they're really just a WR or 2 away.The other thing to consider is that most WRs take a few years to get up to speed (though I don't think the "3 year rule" is as applicable as it once was). So it may make sense to grab that stud WR this year and focus on D in future drafts since the D guys usually can make an immediate impact.

12 Team Salary Cap IDP Performance League

Team A

M.Vick ($10) + 2012 3rd (Bottom 6)

for

Team B

J.Freeman ($4) + K.Britt ($5) + 2012 1st (Top 6) + 2012 2nd (Middle 6)

Team A has Rodgers, Flynn, & Tebow and the best record in the league.

Team B is on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, and needed a QB1.

Thoughts?

'Concept Coop said:
'Dope said:
Thanks for explaining, Coop. I hope I wasn't out of line. I understand your side of the deal better.And I know you are a big (huge) VBD guy and I seem to recall discussions about QB's and their relationship to VBD (and I guess VORP). Again, if I recall, during our draft, the general consensus was that QB's are too evenly matched to make much of a difference. That they don't have the VBD or VORP or whatever of a top notch RB or WR.So, If I am remembering it right, then that means you fundamentally changed thinking...you just traded the #1 VBD guy for Cam...and I'm just curious as to what spurred that change. Is it because Cam is far and above the best QB in a dynasty format? What about Aaron Rodgers? Again, just curious...I appreciate that you put yourself out there with your views and rankings and thoughts about Dynasty. It helps to listen to someone who is so obviously passionate about dynasty football.

Users who are viewing this thread