What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Two trades, 12 team ppr, start 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs:

Marshawn Lynch, Forsett, 3.08

for

1.04, 3.12

McFadden, Steve Breaston, James Jones

for

Jamal Charles, Greg Olsen
I'd take the bolded in each draft.
Agree. I don't think the first trade is remotely close.
What pick would you think Lynch is worth? Just curious, the trade didn't involve me.
I don't think he is worth any first rounder, I wouldn't give a second rouder, although he may be worth that. Looking back at last years rookie drafts I had several where I got Starks, Decker (and passed on Mike Williams DOH) and Jimmy Graham in the mid 2nd to early fourth. I would trade any of them for Lynch. This year I hink I can get at least one guy who will pan out in those rounds. I don't think lynch will do anything but get you beat.
I have a very similar opinion.
Wow, had no idea Lynch was virtually worthless. I know 3rd rounders can pan out, but they simply don't have much value in trades.
I'd hold Lynch before I traded him in this market. Unless there are roster restrictions that dictate otherwise. I'm in a league where we can only keep 14 vets, and even in that league, I'll keep him.

A 3rd rounder for a 24 year old starting RB is insane, I can't believe I'm reading that from some of you..
Yea I'd agree with this. He'll be 25 next season, he's already been in a pro-bowl and has 2 1,000+ yard seasons, he starts and while he probably he does not project as an every down back he has the skill set. I'll take that every day of the week versus the unknown of a late first round draft pick.

I actually think Wallace is worth overpaying FOR. Beast in year 2, missed by ben on multiple long scores, once ben doesn't underthrow 8-10 tds of 40+ yards I doubt Calvin sniffs Wallace.
In PPR? I'll take that bet.Wallace managed to beat out a washed up Hines Ward, a poor man's slash, and a rookie for targets...and caught 60 balls. And why a beast in 2 years? You think Wallace gets better at being fast?EDIT: Misread the "2 year" part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got offered Matthews a 2012 1rst ( 5-7? ) 2012 2ND (LATE) for Lesean MCcoy.

If was ever on the Matthews bandwagon i may have jumped to accept it being he is going to be the next LT.

Got me thinking about it but the McCoy believer since pick 1:06 of 2009 says no way.

Don't play ppr. Calvin scored 192 to Wallace 191 in my league last year. Wallace is going into his 3rd year, the breakout year for wrs, I could see him catching 80 balls.

I actually think Wallace is worth overpaying FOR. Beast in year 2, missed by ben on multiple long scores, once ben doesn't underthrow 8-10 tds of 40+ yards I doubt Calvin sniffs Wallace.
In PPR? I'll take that bet.Wallace managed to beat out a washed up Hines Ward, a poor man's slash, and a rookie for targets...and caught 60 balls. And why a beast in 2 years? You think Wallace gets better at being fast?EDIT: Misread the "2 year" part.

Don't play ppr. Calvin scored 192 to Wallace 191 in my league last year. Wallace is going into his 3rd year, the breakout year for wrs, I could see him catching 80 balls.

Calvin also didn't play the last game and had his 2nd and 3rd string QBs throwing to him for most of the season. I like Wallace as well, but I'm pretty sure Calvin will at least "sniff" him.

Non-PPR leagues = :lmao:

My thoughts are pro Wallace, I should have left it at that. Calvin is great, I would take him in a ppr over Wallace. In no ppr it's closer. The sniff comment was more aimed at if ben didn't overthrow Wallace on multiple 10+ point fantasy plays. I like Calvin and have no issue with the trade, just was pointing out Wallace is a stud too.

Calvin also didn't play the last game and had his 2nd and 3rd string QBs throwing to him for most of the season. I like Wallace as well, but I'm pretty sure Calvin will at least "sniff" him.

I say the same for non idp leagues.

Non-PPR leagues = :lmao:

One trade and one non trade involving Pierre Thomas.

Gave: Michael Turner, Jason Snelling

Got: Pierre Thomas, 3.4

Non trade

I Offered 1.12 2.03 for P Thomas

He Turned it down and counterd 1.12 2.03 and 2012 1st for Thomas. I thought that was too much and declined.

One trade and one non trade involving Pierre Thomas.Gave: Michael Turner, Jason SnellingGot: Pierre Thomas, 3.4
People are that down on Turner?
Its not that I'm down on Turner, but the trade window is closing on him, he has lost some burst and without catching passes his value is tied to scoring TDs. Thomas can be a boarderline RB1/RB2 in a PPR format. If the Saints don't resign Bush, Thomas' value increases. If Bush signs with the Falcons Turner takes a big hit.

I haven't done any scientific study by any means, but I'm surprised at how quickly people in this thread are dismissing late 1st round picks as throw-ins or worthless.

In my 16-team IDP, there have been some great players picked in the 1.09-1.12 range. Guys like Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan were all taken in the late 1st round in my league.

In fact, just going off of a gut feeling, I'd guess there have been just as many or maybe even more successful picks out of the 1.09-1.12 quadrant in my league than out of the 1.05-1.08 quadrant.

Of course, any rookie pick is a lottery ticket (a chance to win), but if you're a believer in the risk/reward of building through the rookie draft, a top-12 pick definitely has some very good value.

I haven't done any scientific study by any means, but I'm surprised at how quickly people in this thread are dismissing late 1st round picks as throw-ins or worthless.

In my 16-team IDP, there have been some great players picked in the 1.09-1.12 range. Guys like Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan were all taken in the late 1st round in my league.

In fact, just going off of a gut feeling, I'd guess there have been just as many or maybe even more successful picks out of the 1.09-1.12 quadrant in my league than out of the 1.05-1.08 quadrant.

Of course, any rookie pick is a lottery ticket (a chance to win), but if you're a believer in the risk/reward of building through the rookie draft, a top-12 pick definitely has some very good value.
No matter what quadrant you're talking about, there are far more misses than hits. Yes they hold some value, but odds are you aren't going to get a Rice, CJ, etc. with those picks. If I can get what I consider a nice upgrade, I'll gladly add a late 1st rounder to get the deal done.

12 team, 1/2 ppr:

Team A gave: -- Colston, 2012 1st (likely late - finished 1st, 4th, 1st last 3 years)

Team B gave: -- Welker, 2012 1st (likely early - finished last, last, and 3rd last 3 years)

One trade and one non trade involving Pierre Thomas.Gave: Michael Turner, Jason SnellingGot: Pierre Thomas, 3.4
People are that down on Turner?
Just from the offers and trades I have seen he has reached the point where his 1-2 year play value is greater than his trade value. If you own him your best offers will come from teams that think they are contenders this year versus looking to him as a building block.

14 team PPR

Gave: 1.13

Got: Danario Alexander

This is a league with developmental players so 1.13 is actually closer to a mid to late 2nd rounder in most leagues.

Three trades in the past couple weeks (2 trades this weekend) in same league. 12 team dynasty, been to the playoffs all three years of league existence, two super bowls...won one. Looking to reinvent my team, so I traded my most valuable piece. Probably not too many Andre trades to go off of out there, so I figured I'd share.

Gave:

James Starks

Got:

------------------------

Gave:

Andre Johnson

Got:

Anquan Boldin

Then....

Gave:

Anquan Boldin

Cedric Benson

Got:

---------

Now own 1.01, 1.03, 1.10, 1.11. Looking forward to this rookie draft :)

Three trades in the past couple weeks (2 trades this weekend) in same league. 12 team dynasty, been to the playoffs all three years of league existence, two super bowls...won one. Looking to reinvent my team, so I traded my most valuable piece. Probably not too many Andre trades to go off of out there, so I figured I'd share.Gave:James StarksGot:1.10------------------------Gave:Andre JohnsonGot:1.01Anquan BoldinThen....Gave:Anquan BoldinCedric BensonGot:1.03---------Now own 1.01, 1.03, 1.10, 1.11. Looking forward to this rookie draft :)
Not a fan of the first trade, the 2nd one had me on the fence...until i saw the 3rd trade. Wish i could trade away worthless veterans for a top 3 rookie pick this year.

Well, not a Starks fan. Just don't see anything special in him at all. Would rather take my chances on the first rounder. Especially considering he was a waiver wire pickup for me. People are giving up on hasn't too easily.

I moved Andre knowing I could move Boldin at a good price. Never thought I would get 1.03 though.

Three trades in the past couple weeks (2 trades this weekend) in same league. 12 team dynasty, been to the playoffs all three years of league existence, two super bowls...won one. Looking to reinvent my team, so I traded my most valuable piece. Probably not too many Andre trades to go off of out there, so I figured I'd share.Gave:James StarksGot:1.10------------------------Gave:Andre JohnsonGot:1.01Anquan BoldinThen....Gave:Anquan BoldinCedric BensonGot:1.03---------Now own 1.01, 1.03, 1.10, 1.11. Looking forward to this rookie draft :)
Well played sir.

Team A got: Fitzgerald/J GrahamTeam B got: S Rice/Maclin/2.7
Wow, I LOVE this deal for team A
I love it for B... I dont subscribe to the Graham hype though.
Take graham out and I still like it for team A
You would take Fitz over Rice and Maclin? Seems silly to me. You are trading 6 years of WR1 production for 21 years of WR1 production.

You would take Fitz over Rice and Maclin? Seems silly to me. You are trading 6 years of WR1 production for 21 years of WR1 production.
In most situations, I would trade Rice and Maclin for Fitz. Fitz is being undervalued by most imo.

In most situations, I would trade Rice and Maclin for Fitz. Fitz is being undervalued by most imo.
Undervalued by most is one thing. Having more value than two borderline WR1s who are 3 and 5 years younger, is quite another. Rice was playing on Fitz's level in 09, including playoffs. I would hope for anyone willing to make that deal, that the Cardinals find a Kurt Warter caliber QB. If not, I don't think this deal is close.

Undervalued by most is one thing. Having more value than two borderline WR1s who are 3 and 5 years younger, is quite another. Rice was playing on Fitz's level in 09, including playoffs. I would hope for anyone willing to make that deal, that the Cardinals find a Kurt Warter caliber QB. If not, I don't think this deal is close.
Exactly what I mean, undervalued. To me, Fitz is a long term #2 WR behind only Calvin. If I had Fitz, I would not trade him for two borderline WR1s, neither of which is a sure thing. I think it would be very fair offer and good value (because I really like Maclin and Rice and have them on a bunch of teams), but neither will have the value Fitz has had (drafted 1 or 2 OVERALL in many leagues just 2 years ago) and in my opinion will have again in the next few years. Fitz is special, and people are forgetting due to the QB issues and what was a good but not spectacular year.

Users who are viewing this thread