What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

14 team PPR

Gave Felix/Barber/Josh Johnson

Got Wells/Hightower/A Brown/2012 2nd (Devy league, so closer to a 3rd)

Zealots Field trade (in which I was not involved).

The largest quantity of assets moving in a trade I have ever seen.

Team A gave up:

Garrard, David JAC QB

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Team B gave up:

McKnight, Joe NYJ RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Meachem, Robert NOS WR

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Dumervil, Elvis DEN LB

Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from a different team in the league

Year 2011 Round 5 Draft Pick from a different team in the league

Year 2011 Round 6 Draft Pick from another different team in the league

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team B

This gives Team B Fitz, AJ, Wallace and Megatron at WR.

12 team PPR.

I Gave: QB Eli Manning

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Zach Miller (OAK)

I Got: QB Sam Bradford

WR Demaryius Thomas

This league is slightly different in that there is no rookie draft, but rather a rookie auction. So the 1.11 adds $120, the 2.11 adds $50 and the 3.11 $22. I already had the most money for the auction before this trade. I started with $494, and after adding this $194 gives me $686, with the next highest guy having $478. This is the first year of this league so I have no idea how the auction will play out at all.

Another deal I think I got great value on:Give: 2.10, 3.2Get: Gresham, 3.11These are rookie picks.
So someone takes Gresham last year with what was likely a late 1st/early 2nd, watches him have a pretty productive rookie season, and decides to parlay that into two mediocre picks? Terrible
Agreed, and he offered the trade, but for a couple of back-and-forths. I was pleased to oblige him haha. I went back and looked, and he took him with the 2.4...so he took less value, and moved up in the 3rd round, when we both already have multiple 3rd round picks. I agree, terrible trade for him. I have high hopes for Gresham.

Go deep said:
loose circuits said:
TEAM A: Give Blount and 1.8 rookie

TEAM B: Give 1.2 rookie
Are you team A? If so, congrats.
is Blount's value really that low? I like this trade for the guy getting him and the pick
I would think almost every Blount owner would trade him to you for a similar package. Have you tried to trade for him in your league?
offered 1.10 and 3.04 and was shot downHe should only get better after having an off season to work on timing. The Bucs offense is only going to improve with all the young talent at WR and that QB.

Go deep said:
loose circuits said:

is Blount's value really that low? I like this trade for the guy getting him and the pick
I would think almost every Blount owner would trade him to you for a similar package. Have you tried to trade for him in your league?
offered 1.10 and 3.04 and was shot downHe should only get better after having an off season to work on timing. The Bucs offense is only going to improve with all the young talent at WR and that QB.
I'd shoot that offer down too. Moving up from the #8 to the #2 is a ton of value, getting the #10 and a 3rd rounder isn't.

I'd shoot that offer down too. Moving up from the #8 to the #2 is a ton of value, getting the #10 and a 3rd rounder isn't.
so 6 spots is worth more than the 1.10 and a 3rd, I'm not sure I agree with that...so what is the 1.2 worth in terms of 1st round picks if you have 1.08 already in the deal? 1.07 I guess? I'm not sure I agree- especially with a May draft where guys value can change drastically. Maybe where I disagree is on the value of a 6 spot bump because I don't think it's anything more than that as I like the top 6 with Leshoure, Julio, R. Williams, Green, Ingram, Baldwin. Hard to say where Blount's value would be at in a rookie draft when we don't know where guys end up, but what we do know is he has a starting gig in an offense that is getting better. His main issue is that he doesn't catch passes. Depending on where Ingram ends up, I'm not even sure he's not worth close with the uncertainty. I know with 1.08, I'd be pretty happy with Murray, Thomas, Hunter, or one of those type of backs cause 1 or 2 of them will likely end up in a good spot not to mention Young or Smith at WR who both have some legitimate upside- should basically have 2nd choice of which one of those type prospects ends up in the best situation or 1st choice with 1.07. I don't think it's that bad...I guess maybe 1 of Ingram or Green are worth 2 of those guys, depending on roster. The risk & upside is too close IMO between the rookies to be able to say 2 for 1 is good at those different points, would need to see them on the field 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
so 6 spots is worth more than the 1.10 and a 3rd, I'm not sure I agree with that...so what is the 1.2 worth in terms of 1st round picks if you have 1.08 already in the deal? 1.07 I guess? I'm not sure I agree- especially with a May draft where guys value can change drastically. Maybe where I disagree is on the value of a 6 spot bump because I don't think it's anything more than that as I like the top 6 with Leshoure, Julio, R. Williams, Green, Ingram, Baldwin. Hard to say where Blount's value would be at in a rookie draft when we don't know where guys end up, but what we do know is he has a starting gig in an offense that is getting better. His main issue is that he doesn't catch passes. Depending on where Ingram ends up, I'm not even sure he's not worth close with the uncertainty. I know with 1.08, I'd be pretty happy with Murray, Thomas, Hunter, or one of those type of backs cause 1 or 2 of them will likely end up in a good spot not to mention Young or Smith at WR who both have some legitimate upside- should basically have 2nd choice of which one of those type prospects ends up in the best situation or 1st choice with 1.07. I don't think it's that bad...I guess maybe 1 of Ingram or Green are worth 2 of those guys, depending on roster. The risk & upside is too close IMO between the rookies to be able to say 2 for 1 is good at those different points, would need to see them on the field 1st.
The move from the 8 spot to the 2 spot is worth a lot more than the 1.10 and a 3rd. It would probably cost the 1.04 in addition to the 1.08 to consider moving the 1.02.

It's not just 6 spots, it's 6 spots up to the #2 overall. You're right, there's a chance the #2 pick could flop and the others could hit, but in terms of value, it isn't close.

16 team IDP

.5/1ppr/1.5ppr

I delt

Ryan Mathews

Jordy Nelson

Mario Mannigham

Marshawn Lynch

for

Dez Bryant

Last year my WR's were patchwork kind of guys that helped me get to within half a point of a championship.

I wanted to solidify 1 WR to build around.

Now,

I have

Dez

Branch

Smith (car)

Floyd

16 team IDP.5/1ppr/1.5pprI delt1.06Ryan MathewsJordy NelsonMario MannighamMarshawn LynchforDez BryantLast year my WR's were patchwork kind of guys that helped me get to within half a point of a championship.I wanted to solidify 1 WR to build around.Now, I have DezBranchSmith (car)Floyd
I think you lost in that one.

Im not looking at it as draft picks, im looking at the 1.2 as either Ingram or Green. Those guys are legitimate top 10's at their respective positions. You might hit a good player with the 1.08 or 1.10 pick, but it is a long shot, especially this year. Im not particularly high on Blount, i think the Bucs definitely bring in another back to at least split carries.

16 team IDP.5/1ppr/1.5pprI delt1.06Ryan MathewsJordy NelsonMario MannighamMarshawn LynchforDez BryantLast year my WR's were patchwork kind of guys that helped me get to within half a point of a championship.I wanted to solidify 1 WR to build around.Now, I have DezBranchSmith (car)Floyd
Oof

You certainly needed WR help, but you should have been able to get more than Bryant for what you traded.

You certainly needed WR help, but you should have been able to get more than Bryant for what you traded.
I could not sniffCalvin, Roddy, AJ, Fitz, Vjax, NicksBeen trying, top WR are hard to pry unless you are sending top (RB/WR/TE) back.The main cogs for me are 1.06 and Mathews.Mannigham could be a steal next year or a BYE week flex. I will let someone else worry about that now.The closest thing I had was Mannigham, Mathews, 1.06 forMaclin, Laurent, and mid 2nd next year.Way I looked at it was...for LynchLaurentNelsonmid 2nd in 2012I would much rather have someone I feel can be a top STUD WR.We'll see.There are times i felt i was overpaying, but I am very happy to own Dez now

Did you attempt bowe, Austin, Wallace, Jennings,etc ?I can't see dez being considered anywhere near sniffing top ten.

I could not sniffCalvin, Roddy, AJ, Fitz, Vjax, NicksBeen trying, top WR are hard to pry unless you are sending top (RB/WR/TE) back.The main cogs for me are 1.06 and Mathews.Mannigham could be a steal next year or a BYE week flex. I will let someone else worry about that now.The closest thing I had was Mannigham, Mathews, 1.06 forMaclin, Laurent, and mid 2nd next year.Way I looked at it was...for LynchLaurentNelsonmid 2nd in 2012I would much rather have someone I feel can be a top STUD WR.We'll see.There are times i felt i was overpaying, but I am very happy to own Dez now

Start 4 WR,

Team A gives:

Calvin Johnson

Team B gives:

Tampa Mike Williams

Stevie Johnson

As far as WR lineups go....

Team B now has:

Nicks, Roddy, Calvin, BMarshall, and scrubs

Team A now has:

TBMW, Stevie Johnson, Crabtree, Hines Ward, and scrubs

16 team IDP.5/1ppr/1.5pprI delt1.06Ryan MathewsJordy NelsonMario MannighamMarshawn LynchforDez Bryant
That is pretty bad. In a 16 team league, depth is big. You gave up way too much for a guy that is so unproven. I think you could have gotten Calvin for that, pretty easily.EDIT: I see that you said you could not get Megatron. Still, Matthews is close to Bryant in value - closer than this.

16 team IDP.5/1ppr/1.5pprI delt1.06Ryan MathewsJordy NelsonMario MannighamMarshawn LynchforDez Bryant
That is pretty bad. In a 16 team league, depth is big. You gave up way too much for a guy that is so unproven. I think you could have gotten Calvin for that, pretty easily.
perhaps, but 5 years from now only dez matters. the others are easily replacable
Everyone involved will still have value in 5 years. People would be foolish to write off Matthews after one year, not pay attention to what Manningham did towards the end of last year, ignore what Nelson can do w/no driver, and treat Lynch as a throw in, in a 16 team league. The odds of this deal working out are very low.

I think Dez is a future top 5 WR so I like the deal for you. I have never played in a 16 teamer though so I can't say how that changes things.

F gave up:

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Knox, Johnny CHI WR

Grant, Deon NYG S

T gave up:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Tatupu, Lofa SEA LB

16 team ppr heavy idp scoring. personally i think team T got hosed

If you think Dez is a surefire stud, I think it's a great deal. I like it, it's being bold and showing conviction on a player, which is a good thing in dynasty leagues IMO.

I think Dez is a future top 5 WR so I like the deal for you. I have never played in a 16 teamer though so I can't say how that changes things.
Dez would have to end up top 5 for it to work, that is the issue. You should be able to get - in a 16 team league - guys like S. Rice, Marshall or Miles for Matthews + Manningham (or maybe less). In other words, he is paying a lot for hype or hope, which is worse than buying high on a proven player.

That is pretty bad. In a 16 team league, depth is big. You gave up way too much for a guy that is so unproven. I think you could have gotten Calvin for that, pretty easily.
perhaps, but 5 years from now only dez matters. the others are easily replacable
Everyone involved will still have value in 5 years. People would be foolish to write off Matthews after one year, not pay attention to what Manningham did towards the end of last year, ignore what Nelson can do w/no driver, and treat Lynch as a throw in, in a 16 team league. The odds of this deal working out are very low.
Dez has a lot more value than Matthews in this league. Except for the top stud RBs, runningback value is pretty muted. Only downside i see is that Dez is still relatively unproven so there is a risk factor. That said id still take the Dez side, it is close though.

Dez would have to end up top 5 for it to work, that is the issue. You should be able to get - in a 16 team league - guys like S. Rice, Marshall or Miles for Matthews + Manningham (or maybe less). In other words, he is paying a lot for hype or hope, which is worse than buying high on a proven player.
Maybe rice because of the injuries. But youre not sniffing marshall or austin for matthews and manningham.

Maybe rice because of the injuries. But youre not sniffing marshall or austin for matthews and manningham.
Maybe I need to hear the starting requirements. Because if they are standard, VBD says RBs are big in a 16 teamer.

Maybe I need to hear the starting requirements. Because if they are standard, VBD says RBs are big in a 16 teamer.
Must start 3 wrs. Start 1 rb, 2 te set or 2 rbs, 1 te set. Top tight ends score like and hold as much value as top rbs with the 1.5 ppr for tight ends.

Uhh no, it would also work if Dez only ever becomes a WR15ish player and Mathews continues to disappoint. Not sure why you think Dez is hype/hope but don't seem to think the same applies to Matthews.

Users who are viewing this thread