What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

I do the same thing. Understand completely.One general question....at what point in a rookie draft do you go after "your guys" and don't chance it that they will last another round?
I think each year there is an assumed order for the top prospects. That could be 3, 4, 5 deep etc. This year it is 3 deep. After that, if you really like a guy, you'd better grab him. If that means taking a guy like Hankerson over Ryan Williams, go for it.

I honestly don't know if the Top 3 are set right now. All this smoke about Ingram not going in the first round or even the frist RB taken later this month is probably just a result of no Free Agency to talk about... but still.

The only thing that I know for sure is that Green is the favorite to go #1 in rookie drafts, after that?

I will say that there are two sleepers at WR that I am targeting in all my drafts and may have to move up in all my leagues to get them (would go as high as 8 or 9 in the first to make sure).

Personally, the Rookie draft is a whole nother animal when it comes to strategy: if there is someone you like, you have to be aggressive and maybe draft a little early or overpay. Not really looking for value like a start up or redraft.

I honestly don't know if the Top 3 are set right now. All this smoke about Ingram not going in the first round or even the frist RB taken later this month is probably just a result of no Free Agency to talk about... but still.The only thing that I know for sure is that Green is the favorite to go #1 in rookie drafts, after that?I will say that there are two sleepers at WR that I am targeting in all my drafts and may have to move up in all my leagues to get them (would go as high as 8 or 9 in the first to make sure).Personally, the Rookie draft is a whole nother animal when it comes to strategy: if there is someone you like, you have to be aggressive and maybe draft a little early or overpay. Not really looking for value like a start up or redraft.
I think you are overblowing things a bit. The Ingram stuff is one unconfirmed report from a reporter, and a couple guys on a message board trying to say he isn't going in the first round (while the overwhelming consensus is still that he is).

These things tend to change dramatically after the NFL draft.

Last year this time, Jonathan Dwyer was generally considered a top 5-6 prospect.

After his precipitous fall in the NFL draft, he was a mid-late 2nd round prospect in rookie drafts.

I'd call it a solid top-5 right now, with a big dropoff & much bigger question marks starting at 1.06.

PPR, 12 team dynasty

Team A gave up:

Collie, Austin IND WR

Thomas, Mike JAC WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10

Fighting Couch Potatoes 3 gave up:

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11

PPR, 12 team dynasty

Team A gave up:

Jackson, Fred BUF RB

Fighting Couch Potatoes 2 gave up:

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Fighting Couch Potatoes 2

(FCP won league in 2010, so 2012 pick might be assumed to be late)

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR, 12 team dynastyTeam A gave up:Collie, Austin IND WRThomas, Mike JAC WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 1.10Fighting Couch Potatoes 3 gave up:Maclin, Jeremy PHI WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.11
Interesting... I value Maclin a bit more than this and have been debating what to offer for him. Any reasoning behind why you made this trade?TIA

PPR, 12 team dynastyTeam A gave up:Collie, Austin IND WRThomas, Mike JAC WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 1.10Fighting Couch Potatoes 3 gave up:Maclin, Jeremy PHI WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.11
Interesting... I value Maclin a bit more than this and have been debating what to offer for him. Any reasoning behind why you made this trade?TIA
Well, first I'll say it was a tough decision to part with Maclin and in non-PPR I don't think I would have done so. If Collie stays healthy though, I think he will obliterate the gap between them with his catch totals, and certainly can be a 90+ catch guy (he was on pace for 114 catches in games he played fully). Thomas is another high catch guy, esp with MSW likely gone, and has value in PPR. And the 1.10 pick is nice.Maclin's 10 TDs on 70 catches last year are, I think, bound to come down, as is his catch pct of 62%. I'm skeptical Vick can have another season passing like he did last year. He's never done anything close before and I'm still having trouble believing what I saw.The big risk is Collie with his concussions. If he stays on the field I have no worries about getting good value in this deal. If he doesn't, and he's forced to retire after another 2 or 3 concussions, I'm a loser on this.

I just think it's funny that every single future draft pick traded in this thread is "probably late" lol.
Well yeah, but I won this 24-team league (two 12-team conferences) so it's a reasonable guess in this case. The team is pretty good. Brees, Brady, Chris Johnson, Foster, Nicks, Witten... you get the idea.

I just think it's funny that every single future draft pick traded in this thread is "probably late" lol.
Typically I think this is because the smarter perennial playoff teams are dealing their picks to the more rookie crazy weaker teams. A lot can happen in a FF season, but a lot of the teams that I would classify as "probably late" picks are so stacked that is hard to see them not making the playoffs.

I do the same thing. Understand completely.One general question....at what point in a rookie draft do you go after "your guys" and don't chance it that they will last another round?
I think each year there is an assumed order for the top prospects. That could be 3, 4, 5 deep etc. This year it is 3 deep. After that, if you really like a guy, you'd better grab him. If that means taking a guy like Hankerson over Ryan Williams, go for it.
last year in one of my leagues, James Starks went in the 1st round as well as Emmanuel Sanders. One of my (former) leaguemates berated the owners for picking those guys because they didn't follow ADP and talked to them like they never did any research before and this is a highly competitive league. It was insane, but the 2 different owners got the last laugh and we had to boot the critical guy out of the league cause he went completely crazy after that when his criticisms weren't taken well. I say grab your guy and be happy with it, worked out for both of those guys. You just never know how people are going to evaluate rookies which is why it is so fun

2 trades:

Team A receives: Matt Cassel/Obomanu/4.11

Team B receives: 2.12/Jacoby Ford/Tamme

then

Team A receives: LeSean McCoy/2.8

Team C receives: three 2012 1sts (two very early to mid and one very late)/Cassel/Woodhead

1 ppr

2 trades:Team A receives: Matt Cassel/Obomanu/4.11Team B receives: 2.12/Jacoby Ford/TammethenTeam A receives: LeSean McCoy/2.8Team C receives: three 2012 1sts (two very early to mid and one very late)/Cassel/Woodhead1 ppr
Love the 2.12/Jacoby Ford side of the 1st trade.If one of those 1sts in the 2nd trade turns into T.Richardson it actually becomes even if not in that owner's favor.

2 trades:Team A receives: Matt Cassel/Obomanu/4.11Team B receives: 2.12/Jacoby Ford/TammethenTeam A receives: LeSean McCoy/2.8Team C receives: three 2012 1sts (two very early to mid and one very late)/Cassel/Woodhead1 ppr
How can you know where the 2012 picks will land (early or late) when the 2011 season hasn't been played yet?

How can you know where the 2012 picks will land (early or late) when the 2011 season hasn't been played yet?
They are estimations based on current rosters. They are pretty good estimations.

In the first trade Team B got the better end of the deal. Unless it's a 16 team or 2 QB start league I don't put much of a value on Cassell. Ford looked more explosive to me than Obamanu plus he's much younger with less experience so his growth curve should be higher. Tamme is a Dallas Clark injury away from competing for #1TE in fantasy football and if you can hold him for a year he could be a FA. Than on top of that team B improved their draft spot.In the second trade a steal for team A. Arguably a young top 5 PPR RB for 3 future draft picks, a spare QB and at best a RB3 if they don't bring in someone to take his job.

Some teams you can reasonably approximate. If a team is pretty much devoid of talent, its a safe bet they won't be in the playoffs, and will pick in the top half of the round. Similarly a lot of dynasty teams have STACKED rosters, and while they aren't a guarantee to win it all, they more than likely will be a playoff team. Now there are lots of teams that probably fall in that middle range that could go either way, but some teams you can identify pretty reasonably.

In the first trade Team B got the better end of the deal. Unless it's a 16 team or 2 QB start league I don't put much of a value on Cassell. Ford looked more explosive to me than Obamanu plus he's much younger with less experience so his growth curve should be higher. Tamme is a Dallas Clark injury away from competing for #1TE in fantasy football and if you can hold him for a year he could be a FA. Than on top of that team B improved their draft spot.
Agree here. But that trade had to take place in order for the 2nd trade to happen. That's why I listed them together. Without Cassel, the 2nd deal doesn't happen.

12 team league, 20 man rosters, 0.5pt/rec Must start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex RB/WR, 1 K, 1D

Team A gets Jones-Drew

Team B gets McFadden, Goodson, Knox

12 team league, 20 man rosters, 0.5pt/rec Must start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex RB/WR, 1 K, 1DTeam A gets Jones-DrewTeam B gets McFadden, Goodson, Knox
Pretty fair, slight edge to the guy getting MJD.
I'll take the DMC side all day long here. Then again, I'd probably take him straight up.
I have to agree. MJD knee has a lot of fantasy folks worried. No one likes to here the words "bone on bone", especially for a freaking RB.

12 team league, 20 man rosters, 0.5pt/rec Must start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex RB/WR, 1 K, 1DTeam A gets Jones-DrewTeam B gets McFadden, Goodson, Knox
I love both guys, I just think MJD is more of a "sure thing". The other two guys dont really make a difference to me.Pretty fair, slight edge to the guy getting MJD.
I'll take the DMC side all day long here. Then again, I'd probably take him straight up.

You dont believe the recent reports about it not being bone on bone?I'll take the DMC side all day long here. Then again, I'd probably take him straight up.
I have to agree. MJD knee has a lot of fantasy folks worried. No one likes to here the words "bone on bone", especially for a freaking RB.

You dont believe the recent reports about it not being bone on bone?I'll take the DMC side all day long here. Then again, I'd probably take him straight up.
I'm not seeing your post. All you did was quote a post without entering anything.

http://twitter.com/#!/DynastyFF/status/55082433028169728http://twitter.com/#!/DynastyFF/status/55082508777295873

http://twitter.com/#!/DynastyFF/status/55082433028169728http://twitter.com/#!/DynastyFF/status/55082508777295873
It wasn't bone on bone and he had just a scope of the knee not microfracture surgery.

I'm not seeing your post. All you did was quote a post without entering anything.
Not sure what happened, but I tried to write:Even with the recent reports that it is not bone on bone?

It wasn't bone on bone and he had just a scope of the knee not microfracture surgery.

Tania Ganguli of the Times-Union reported it was bone on bone. I guess that could have been exaggerated.

Hoss, check her latest tweets. She just reported the same thing as those reports from DynastyFF.

I'll be happy if he's ok as I do have him in 2 of my 9 leagues. I guess time will tell.

Here is the story: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/429812/tania-ganguli/2011-04-05/maurice-jones-drew-able-run-ahead-schedule-after

And now she says it was bone on bone. :confused:

Thanks for feedback...I'm Team B and I've been having some seller's remorse on giving up MJD. Did notice that McFaddin outscored MJD in our league last year and I needed another WR (current corp of Burleson, Garcon, Santana Moss, Hines Ward, Terrell Owens, Laurent Robinson and now Knox) Pitiful WR corp!!

12 team PPR

Team A gave:

MJD

Roddy White

Percy Harvin

2011 2nd rd rookie pick

Team B got:

Ray Rice

Greg Jennings

Steve Johnson

2011 3rd rd rookie pick

12 team PPRTeam A gave:MJDRoddy White Percy Harvin2011 2nd rd rookie pickTeam B got:Ray RiceGreg JenningsSteve Johnson2011 3rd rd rookie pick
would take MJD/White/Harvin side by a large margin, and they get the upgrade in pick. Kinda ridiculous
I dont know, I like Rice over MJD and Steve Johnson over "migrane" Harvin. Like roddy over Jennings and 2nd rounder over the 3rd rounder. I think its pretty close, who knows....

12 team PPRTeam A gave:MJDRoddy White Percy Harvin2011 2nd rd rookie pickTeam B got:Ray RiceGreg JenningsSteve Johnson2011 3rd rd rookie pick
would take MJD/White/Harvin side by a large margin, and they get the upgrade in pick. Kinda ridiculous
I dont know, I like Rice over MJD and Steve Johnson over "migrane" Harvin. Like roddy over Jennings and 2nd rounder over the 3rd rounder. I think its pretty close, who knows....
Not a Steve Johnson fan

Not a Steve Johnson fan
If he missed games due to migranes I wouldnt be a fan either. On the other hand Im always a fan of 82 catches and 10 td's..

'ryheaps said:
'ryheaps said:
Thanks for feedback...I'm Team B and I've been having some seller's remorse on giving up MJD. Did notice that McFaddin outscored MJD in our league last year and I needed another WR (current corp of Burleson, Garcon, Santana Moss, Hines Ward, Terrell Owens, Laurent Robinson and now Knox) Pitiful WR corp!!
I'd take Mcfadden straight up over MJD even if MJD's knee checks out. He outscored MJD last year in points per game, he's younger with less wear and most of all no knee concerns. Knox and Goodson were bonuses.

16 tm IDP PPR with contract years and cap. start 1qb, 1-2rb, 3-4wr, 1-2te

I gave:

Chris Johnson

Adrian Arrington

Javarris James

2011 2.07 rookie pick

2012 5th round rookie pick

He gave:

Jordy Nelson

Dan Connor

2011 1.02

2011 2.02

2012 1st

I'm assuming that 2012 1st will be in the top 5 or so. :)

I'm hoping Thomas Davis and James Anderson walk in free agency and Connor sticks at MLB.

I have Jahvid Best, Steven Jackson, and Michael Bush as my RB's. I plan on using the 1.02 to get either Ingram or LeShoure. My WR's are now Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Santonio Holmes, Fat Mike Williams, Jordy Nelson, Jason Hill, Deon Butler, Emmanual Sanders, Stephen Williams.

I now have the 1.02, 1.04, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.04, 4.14, and 5.04 rookie picks and three first rounders in 2012.

Posted this a couple of days ago, but just before a furious debate on another trade dominated the thread.

MOX League - must start two RBs with 0.5 ppr RB and 1.0 ppr WR

traded Jonathan Stewart and A. Caldwell for Greg Jennings

Users who are viewing this thread