What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (2 Viewers)

'Couch Potato said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
'jeter23 said:
12 team PPRA gave: Austin/Fitzpatrick/Damien Williams/4.02/4.09B gave: V Davis/Welker/2.08/3.08
Team A won.
Yeah, when I saw it come across our league's email i was surprised Team B gave up this much. Minor stuff and uncertainties removed, it's V Davis and Welker for Austin. I know team B as a generally good trader from being in half a dozen leagues together, so he's either really sold on Austin despite Dez being there or he's seeing Britt's troubles as an important foot-in-the-door for Damian Williams, or both.
Love this trade for Team B actually.
Likewise. Austin is the best player in the trade. :shrug:

'Couch Potato said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
'jeter23 said:
12 team PPRA gave: Austin/Fitzpatrick/Damien Williams/4.02/4.09B gave: V Davis/Welker/2.08/3.08
Team A won.
Yeah, when I saw it come across our league's email i was surprised Team B gave up this much. Minor stuff and uncertainties removed, it's V Davis and Welker for Austin. I know team B as a generally good trader from being in half a dozen leagues together, so he's either really sold on Austin despite Dez being there or he's seeing Britt's troubles as an important foot-in-the-door for Damian Williams, or both.
Differing opinions on this one, I guess that shows it was pretty even. I am team A and I am still pretty high on Miles Austin and I do agree he was the best player in the deal. That is usually the side I try to be on versus the quantity side. This will be the 6th year of this league and I have never had a startable TE. I have somehow made title games with Scheffler, Shiancoe etc. Adding a top TE was a priority for me this offseason. I also don't think there will be much difference between Austin and Welker for the next 2 years.

'eaglesfan7 said:
12 Team PPRJones-DrewTorrey Smith wr ®ForFitzTrent Richardson (devy)2012 1st rd pick
How did this happen? Fitzgerald has been appropriately drafted before MJD in every draft I've seen this off-season, and Trent is going lonnnnnng before Torrey for good reason. This is an absolutely horrible trade.
I would take MJD over Fitz, but i still like the Fitz side of the trade.

'Couch Potato said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
'jeter23 said:
Team A won.
Differing opinions on this one, I guess that shows it was pretty even. I am team A and I am still pretty high on Miles Austin and I do agree he was the best player in the deal. That is usually the side I try to be on versus the quantity side. This will be the 6th year of this league and I have never had a startable TE. I have somehow made title games with Scheffler, Shiancoe etc. Adding a top TE was a priority for me this offseason. I also don't think there will be much difference between Austin and Welker for the next 2 years.
I don't think it's a bad trade or anything, I just don't get why people are saying it's a huge win for your team. I think it's pretty even and I would just slightly prefer to be Team B.

'Dawg Pound 69 said:
'JPeso said:
Team A receives: MJD/Wayne/1.6/1.12/Keller/2012 2nd (late)Team B receives: DMC/Austin1 ppr
Surprised this one didn't get more "hits."
I like Team A side, but it's close. Would really depend on rosters.
Team A Post-TradeFlacco / OrtonJones-Drew / S Jackson / Moreno / M BushAndre / Jennings / Wayne / S Johnson / V Jackson / M Williams (SEA)Celek / KellerTeam B Post-TradeRodgers / VickFoster / Rice / McFadden / FelixAustin / DeSean / Britt / S Moss / Manningham / BennGresham / Graham / Hernandez
I like what Team A got here, and I am done with Wayne personally. Both teams look pretty solid.

'Dawg Pound 69 said:
'JPeso said:
Team A receives: MJD/Wayne/1.6/1.12/Keller/2012 2nd (late)

Team B receives: DMC/Austin

1 ppr
Team A Post-TradeFlacco / Orton

Jones-Drew / S Jackson / Moreno / M Bush

Andre / Jennings / Wayne / S Johnson / V Jackson / M Williams (SEA)

Celek / Keller

Team B Post-Trade

Rodgers / Vick

Foster / Rice / McFadden / Felix

Austin / DeSean / Britt / S Moss / Manningham / Benn

Gresham / Graham / Hernandez
I like what Team A got here, and I am done with Wayne personally. Both teams look pretty solid.
Wayne was the third ranked WR in fanatsy football last season (ppr leagues at least). While his trade value will surely decline with age, he's still a pretty useful player and has 2-3 years left.

'Dawg Pound 69 said:
'JPeso said:
Team A receives: MJD/Wayne/1.6/1.12/Keller/2012 2nd (late)Team B receives: DMC/Austin1 ppr
Team A Post-TradeFlacco / OrtonJones-Drew / S Jackson / Moreno / M BushAndre / Jennings / Wayne / S Johnson / V Jackson / M Williams (SEA)Celek / KellerTeam B Post-TradeRodgers / VickFoster / Rice / McFadden / FelixAustin / DeSean / Britt / S Moss / Manningham / BennGresham / Graham / Hernandez
Both teams are very strong - both met in the finals and Team B won by .35, completing Team B's undefeated season. I expect both to make it back barring a fluky week in the Final Four of the playoffs, as both teams will have byes.

Really? In PPR - Do you have Austin that much better than both Vernon & Welker? Team A also got bumps in 2 RDs (into the 2nds where they could hit on something) for a QB who might start in Buff. for one more year & Damian Williams (still a ? in my book)....Did you think Fitzpatrick was Fitzgerald? I like Team A's side here.
With Britt's issues, there could be an opening for Damian Williams, some reports had him contending to start this year anyways. I think it's pretty even trade

Really? In PPR - Do you have Austin that much better than both Vernon & Welker? Team A also got bumps in 2 RDs (into the 2nds where they could hit on something) for a QB who might start in Buff. for one more year & Damian Williams (still a ? in my book)....Did you think Fitzpatrick was Fitzgerald? I like Team A's side here.
With Britt's issues, there could be an opening for Damian Williams, some reports had him contending to start this year anyways. I think it's pretty even trade
I like Williams' game, but starting on typically a non-pass heavy team doesn't mean he will even finish in the top 50.

I like Williams' game, but starting on typically a non-pass heavy team doesn't mean he will even finish in the top 50.
Nate Washington has been top 50 3 years in a row. He had 42/687/6 last year to finish WR42.
Cook is going to be the second leading receiver for this team.
Nate Washington was the 3rd leading receiver for the Titans if you lump together Scaife's stats with Cook's end of the year surge.

trade went through last night in 12 team PPR, start 2RB/2WR/1TE can flex any of the three:

Team A gave up:

Jackson, Steven STL RB

McCluster, Dexter KCC WR

Meachem, Robert NOS WR

Team B gave up:

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Britt, Kenny TEN WR

Like Team A haul just a little bit more if Britt can get his head on straight and if NE doesn't draft a RB. Two big "if's", though.

Nate Washington has been top 50 3 years in a row. He had 42/687/6 last year to finish WR42.
Cook is going to be the second leading receiver for this team.
Nate Washington was the 3rd leading receiver for the Titans if you lump together Scaife's stats with Cook's end of the year surge.
Britt played in 12 games, started 7. If you are predicting he is suspended for 4 games, and think that there is no other piece to this passing game coming into town, than sure, Williams could finish top 50, but how far are you going to stretch my comment that Williams won't be in the top 50?

trade went through last night in 12 team PPR, start 2RB/2WR/1TE can flex any of the three:Team A gave up:Jackson, Steven STL RBMcCluster, Dexter KCC WRMeachem, Robert NOS WRTeam B gave up:Benson, Cedric CIN RBGreen-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RBBritt, Kenny TEN WRLike Team A haul just a little bit more if Britt can get his head on straight and if NE doesn't draft a RB. Two big "if's", though.
I'll take Britt side in a big way.

'eaglesfan7 said:
12 Team PPRJones-DrewTorrey Smith wr ®ForFitzTrent Richardson (devy)2012 1st rd pick
I've seen several people bash this as lopsided, rightfully so. Turns out it wasn't an actual trade. Instead a fishing exposition, as eaglesfan was the MJD owner who sent the ridiculous offer. Which was of course immediately rejected, per my league sources.Next time take it to the AC, Mr. black-dot hater. This thread is for ACTUAL trades.

The trade was ridiculous but only because the offer that came before it was just as ridiculous. I never posted it on here as a trade anyway. There was a discussion about how bad it was so it was offered as a sign to the owner who originally offered a horrible trade. Everything isn't as it appears. Get your facts straight before bashing me.

The trade was ridiculous but only because the offer that came before it was just as ridiculous. I never posted it on here as a trade anyway. There was a discussion about how bad it was so it was offered as a sign to the owner who originally offered a horrible trade. Everything isn't as it appears. Get your facts straight before bashing me.
You posted in the trade thread, so everyone here rightfully assumed it was a trade that had been completed. :thumbdown:

You posted in the trade thread, so everyone here rightfully assumed it was a trade that had been completed. :thumbdown:
I admit I offered the trade but I was not the one that posted it here.

You say that after you delete the post. Several people have replied to that post, so it is still visible.

You say that after you delete the post. Several people have replied to that post, so it is still visible.
Wow, let me put this in words you can understand. I was not the PERSON who posted the trade on here even if it was under my display name.

Wow, let me put this in words you can understand. I was not the PERSON who posted the trade on here even if it was under my display name.
So two people are using the Eaglefan alias or someone hacked your account? Weird.

Wow...the ultimate excuse. Sure, man.Next time you want to use posters' reactions to a trade idea for leverage, or whatever you were trying to accomplish, don't do it in this thread.

Wow...the ultimate excuse. Sure, man.Next time you want to use posters' reactions to a trade idea for leverage, or whatever you were trying to accomplish, don't do it in this thread.
I still want to know who you think you are....you dont add anything to any conversation by just coming on here and piling on when a bunch of people disagree. again you have only been on here since january so calm down

I still want to know who you think you are....you dont add anything to any conversation by just coming on here and piling on when a bunch of people disagree. again you have only been on here since january so calm down
I'm assuming this is aimed at me. Are you serious? So because I've only been registered and posting on here since January, I shouldn't speak up when I have an opinion on a subject? Interesting. My opinion on this topic is that someone shouldn't use a thread like this, which we all use to gauge generalized player value across different leagues, to post a "fake" trade, a known ridiculous trade offer, in the hopes of manipulating someone else with our responses...or whatever he was doing. That's not what this thread is for, and its not right. He presented it as a real trade, and that was a lie.I understand you're not happy with the way I criticized your "re-biuld" in another thread, but there's no need to bring that here. You said your peace there, and my opinion on that matter isn't changing. Never mind the fact that I lurked here for much longer than the last three months. I'm not sure what my time on this website has to do with anything in the first place.

This used to be a dynasty trade thread. I keep checking back when there have been new posts, but I'm not seeing anything about trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
This used to be a dynasty trade thread. I keep checking back when there have been new posts, but I'm not seeing anything about trades.
This eventually happens to every thread in here. Also, if anyone think that Eaglesfan7 is the first one to post a "fake" trade n here, you are kdding yourselves. I would bet close to 50% of the trades posted in here are just ACF questions.

You guys Seriously need to grow up for bashing each other over fantasy football. If you don't have a comment about a trade then just lock it up until you know the facts. Just because some guy dawwg pound 69 (original btw) thinks he knows something doesn't mean he does. I couldn't care less about him honestly. Like I said I didn't post the offer in these forums.

I would never post a trade in here or in the AC forum under my name that my leaguemates know because many of them are on this forum. So think about that for a minute.

Lets leave it at that and move on to some trades.

Just posted this one. Would love to know thoughts.Gave: M. Turner/D. Jackson/J. Cook Got: Crabtree/1.02/2.02
A pretty balanced trade depending on what your roster make-up is like. I prefer DJax over Crabtree by a decent margin (Esp. if this is non-ppr) but I like him more than most. Turner probably has 2-3 more years left of solid production, but if you're a contender you take that over 1.02. Cook is probably the wild card of the trade, if he turns it on in a big way (I believe he will) then I would prefer what you gave away.But arguments can be made for either side.

Just posted this one. Would love to know thoughts.Gave: M. Turner/D. Jackson/J. Cook Got: Crabtree/1.02/2.02
A pretty balanced trade depending on what your roster make-up is like. I prefer DJax over Crabtree by a decent margin (Esp. if this is non-ppr) but I like him more than most. Turner probably has 2-3 more years left of solid production, but if you're a contender you take that over 1.02. Cook is probably the wild card of the trade, if he turns it on in a big way (I believe he will) then I would prefer what you gave away.But arguments can be made for either side.
I'm not far off from what Kree says, except I think Crabtree will begin to show a lot more now under Harbaugh's offensive system than the confused leadership mess SF has had before, and I think Cook will be very productive if the last part of 2010 is a true indication of his usage. I don't see a clear winner in this trade at all.

The owner of 1.01 is a Bama fan, so Green will be there. I have Deangelo, Pierre, Felix, and Woodhead so I felt I could part with Turner. This is a PPR/IDP league. We can start:1-2 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs.Have Cooley, Z. Miller, and Gronkowski at TE already. Really like Cook, but he was expendable. The guy I traded with was a Titan fan. I like DJax, but I like Crabtree much more long term. He will be a PPR monster with Calvin, Marshall, and possibly Green or Jones. I offered the trade.

The owner of 1.01 is a Bama fan, so Green will be there. I have Deangelo, Pierre, Felix, and Woodhead so I felt I could part with Turner. This is a PPR/IDP league. We can start:1-2 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs.Have Cooley, Z. Miller, and Gronkowski at TE already. Really like Cook, but he was expendable. The guy I traded with was a Titan fan. I like DJax, but I like Crabtree much more long term. He will be a PPR monster with Calvin, Marshall, and possibly Green or Jones. I offered the trade.
Maybe just me, but that RB crew wouldn't fill me with that much confidence. Probably be okay if you plan to start only 1 RB weekly.Sounds a bit like my league sans return yards. I pretty much won the league off the back of my WR crew, so I like the strategy.

I'll take the crabtree side. After reading the other posts, I'll add that I don't see Cook as a difference maker at all. Unless he's a top 3-4 TE, he's completely replaceable. I'd rather have the semi lottery at 2.02.

Maybe just me, but that RB crew wouldn't fill me with that much confidence. Probably be okay if you plan to start only 1 RB weekly.Sounds a bit like my league sans return yards. I pretty much won the league off the back of my WR crew, so I like the strategy.
I'm very comfortable with Deangelo and Pierre starting every week with Felix as a possible fill in. Pierre doesn't get enough love on these boards. Two of the past three years he's posted solid numbers in ppr. Last year he had a high ankle sprain. I now own 1.2, 2.2, 2.7, 3.1, and 3.7. I'm hoping to snag a rookie RB at 2.2. But yeah, if one of my RBs get hurt I might be in trouble. One thing I do know is that it doesn't take stud RBs to win this league. It is very IDP friendly, and my LBs and DBs are arguably the best in the league.

I'm assuming this is aimed at me. Are you serious? So because I've only been registered and posting on here since January, I shouldn't speak up when I have an opinion on a subject? Interesting. My opinion on this topic is that someone shouldn't use a thread like this, which we all use to gauge generalized player value across different leagues, to post a "fake" trade, a known ridiculous trade offer, in the hopes of manipulating someone else with our responses...or whatever he was doing. That's not what this thread is for, and its not right. He presented it as a real trade, and that was a lie.I understand you're not happy with the way I criticized your "re-biuld" in another thread, but there's no need to bring that here. You said your peace there, and my opinion on that matter isn't changing. Never mind the fact that I lurked here for much longer than the last three months. I'm not sure what my time on this website has to do with anything in the first place.
ok well, it just seems whenever I see your posts your antagonizing someone else's opinion and telling them how stupid and ignorant they are rather than talking about football.

16 team non-PPR, non-TE required:Team A gave: Ben TateRookie Pick #172012 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)2013 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)Team B gave:Antonio GatesRookie Pick #13Team B is the Arian Foster owner.
Follow up trade:Team A (same Team A above) gave:Antonio GatesRookie Pick #13Team B(not the same Team B above) gave:Rookie Pick #5So the net is that Team A gave:Ben TateRookie Pick #172012 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)2013 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)for Rookie Pick #5

16 team non-PPR, non-TE required:Team A gave: Ben TateRookie Pick #172012 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)2013 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)Team B gave:Antonio GatesRookie Pick #13Team B is the Arian Foster owner.
Follow up trade:Team A (same Team A above) gave:Antonio GatesRookie Pick #13Team B(not the same Team B above) gave:Rookie Pick #5So the net is that Team A gave:Ben TateRookie Pick #172012 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)2013 3rd Round Rookie Pick (aka #33-48)for Rookie Pick #5
So he essentially regained what he paid for Tate last year. That's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread